• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Bumper Music

Started by MV/Liberace!, January 24, 2009, 02:28:13 AM

HAL 9000

Quote from: ChrisB35 on October 25, 2011, 07:25:24 PMDoes anyone know where I can find the theme song to Dreamland at all?

I posted it back in April here:

http://coastgab.com/index.php/topic,1005.msg37901.html#msg37901

I also posted a couple of iterations a few posts above the one I linked to.

Vic

Thanks I'm sure that will help find it.Spent a lot of time trying to find it. 8)

ChrisB35

Thanks so much I found it right away on iTunes Been looking for this for years!!!

Chris

HAL 9000

Quote from: ChrisB35 on October 25, 2011, 08:05:36 PM
Thanks so much I found it right away on iTunes Been looking for this for years!!!

Huh? iTunes? You mean you actually paid for it? It is free as an attachment right in the post. Too late now - no biggie. Steve Jobs' widow just got a little richer...  :P

Vic

I found the place where it lists the songs,but for some strange reason I can't find the song,as I thought I knew roughly the day I heard it.

It is a girl talking like an alien ,sounds like a tegan and Sara song ive heard.I will keep checking,but if someone has an idea I would appreciate it.thanks

Morgus

Quote from: Vic on October 25, 2011, 09:39:38 PMIt is a girl talking like an alien
thats probably the UFO Phil song, Phil talks/sings in a very high voice so he does sound girlish.  ;D

Quote from: Vic on October 25, 2011, 10:32:22 AM
I was wondering if anyone knows the song,it's a female garbled voice.Some lyrics "where do we go from here"alternative electronic sounding song?Sonds a bit like a tegan@Sara song.Thanks in advance!

I think it’s “Destination Unknown” by the Missing Persons.  A pretty decent pop song.  But when I was searching for this I saw Noory used “Why Can’t I Touch It” by the Buzzcocks as bumper music on 10-24-11.  Odd.

Vic

:)Thats the song!Thanks a lot.I searched for hours on there website,and searched a bunch of songs on YouTube,and I guess I got the wrong video for that song.Not the first or last time that's happened on YouTube.I tried searching for the tegan@Sara song,but they Have a lot of songs.
Thanks !!!! :)

Vic

Found it. one of the few T@G songs I've heard it's called "back in your head".Similar voices,although destination is a lot better.

amz

"Victor" Interviewed by Art Bell [Part 2 of 8]

Can anyone tell me what the music is that starts at 0700?  It's sentimental, classical sounding with a piano.

the artist is george fischoff

the song is "little ballerina blue"

i believe that this is out of print and may have never been commercially available in any format newer than vinyl...

shocklemzoa

I know of two that are missing from this list.

Gerry Rafferty "baker Street"
Tito & Tarrantula "after dark"

I think he started using after dark when he came up with his newsletter. (art bell)
baker street was used a lot , I can't remember exactly but I think when the guy was giving out the phone numbers to call in.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: shocklemzoa on January 05, 2012, 07:58:32 PM
I know of two that are missing from this list.

Gerry Rafferty "baker Street"
Tito & Tarrantula "after dark"

I think he started using after dark when he came up with his newsletter. (art bell)
baker street was used a lot , I can't remember exactly but I think when the guy was giving out the phone numbers to call in.

yup... baker street was definitely a regular entry on the playlist.

Ben Shockley

Quote from: guildnavigator on December 14, 2011, 11:54:49 AM
the artist is george fischoff
the song is "little ballerina blue"
i believe that this is out of print and may have never been commercially available in any format newer than vinyl...
I began listening to "Coast" with Art in late 1996.  I sometimes listened to KABC from Los Angeles.  The show they aired right before "Coast" was the "Mister KABC" show.  It was mainly a "quirky" open lines thing; imagine a Jewish Ian.  Anyway, an old woman called in to "Mister KABC" and asked what the name was of that piece of music that Art Bell played [at times / junctures  I'm sure she described but I now don't remember].  "Mr. KABC"'s advice to her was to call Art in a few minutes and ask him.  That call stuck in my mind and it was soon after that that Art told the name of that piece, which was indeed "Little Ballerina Blue."

Despite that air of not giving a damn about Art Bell, "Mr. KABC" would later do a publicity stunt where he went to Las Vegas / Pahrump and rode a helicopter over Art's "compound" and (I think) landed and tried to speak to Art on the occasion of Art's "mysterious" first "retirement."

Ben Shockley

...and on a different note-- Friday night I was in a sleazy little local grocery store; the "cost + 10%" type where I mostly see a sample of the lower- socio-economic folks, y'all get the idea...
And what was on the PA?  Cuzco.  I don't know the name of the piece; it's one that Art used to play on rare occasions; never heard in the Noorassic Age.

For what it's worth, I have NOT heard "Red Rubber Ball" in any little spots like that.....

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Ben Shockley on January 08, 2012, 07:27:19 AM

For what it's worth, I have NOT heard "Red Rubber Ball" in any little spots like that.....

what about joe jackson's "steppin out"?  lol, yeah, i know.

Ben Shockley

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on January 08, 2012, 09:25:26 PMwhat about joe jackson's "steppin out"?  lol, yeah, i know.
You totally went over my head with that one ~~
I remember the song, but....?  Hip me.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Ben Shockley on January 09, 2012, 01:14:12 PM
You totally went over my head with that one ~~
I remember the song, but....?  Hip me.

i was just commenting on the "whiteness" of that song, and the hilarity that would ensue if one to hear it in a grocery store patronized primarily by people of "lower socio-economic" status.

Scruff

Quote from: HAL 9000 on October 25, 2011, 07:50:33 PM
I posted it back in April here:

http://coastgab.com/index.php/topic,1005.msg37901.html#msg37901

I also posted a couple of iterations a few posts above the one I linked to.
Thank you SO much for this!  Back in 2002ish I remember downloading all his bumber music piece by piece using artbell.com as a guide; later adding stuff like Dreadmonboogaloo or Boom Boom Ba when Art played them.  It's all lived in a little folder in my archives and this will be the first track I've added to that playlist in a long long time.  Time to listen to it all again!!!!

MV/Liberace!

nice avatar, scruff.  haha.

Scruff

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on January 13, 2012, 02:46:37 AM
nice avatar, scruff.  haha.
Hehe - thanks - I did a whole Art Bell Lego set for a contest a while back.  When I get around to taking better pictures I'll throw them in the Open Lines forum. 

Listening to the bumper music collection tonight - it only seems to have that magic when I listen to it at night.

amz

Little Ballerina Blue.wmv

This is the Little Ballerina Blue song Art used as bumper music in the 90s.  I had been looking for it and found the 45 rpm.  Thanks to guildnavigator and Ben Shockley for information on this piece.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: amz on February 23, 2012, 02:53:09 AM

This is the Little Ballerina Blue song Art used as bumper music in the 90s.  I had been looking for it and found the 45 rpm.  Thanks to guildnavigator and Ben Shockley for information on this piece.

lol, love the 19.5° photo at the beginning.  a product of coastgab from the fort rock days.

mrkorb

Beautiful!  I have a scratchy mp3 of this song since probably the days of Napster when I did a large amount of bumper music searching and downloading.  The quality of it was awful, sounded like it had been recorded straight off the radio, but I kept it around in the hopes that someday I'd notice the file and search for it again and find a copy in better quality.  Guess today's my lucky day.  Thank you for this.

Hesitant Evil

I want to thank all of you for helping me rediscover some musical gems..... Art Bell bumper music really takes me back to a special time in my life. There was nothing like being a teenager glued to the radio all night listening to 'that weird guy' talk about weird things while playing weird old music that I had never heard before. If it wasn't for Art, I probably never would have been exposed to some of these classics. Anyway, here are a few more songs that you guys might remember Art being very fond of:

Elvis Presley-(Marie's The Name) His Latest Flame.

The Doors - L.A. Woman

Ring of Fire Johnny Cash

Lee Hazlewood - Nancy Sinatra, Some Velvet Morning

Awesome, I had been looking around for this as well. The only copy I had was a corrupt real audio file from the commemorative artbell.com disc.

I'll be ripping the audio from this youtube clip immediately. Thanks!

Sardondi

Is anyone aware of an index of C2C bumper music that goes back to the mid-90's? I just need the info, not the music itself. So any list, by alpha or date or even by frequency of play would be great. I can't find anything but in the show archives, which is hit-or-miss for shows more than 3 years old. When I think of it, that's info which should should be available to "insiders" - it's certainly available to C2C, since they have to report what is played for royalties Or maybe there's another source of the info - does ASCAP keep/make available per/program data?

Shit, dude, I don't know. I do know that I saw a lot of bumper music information on Art's website and on the CD I bought from Keith Rowland and also on the wayback archive. I think there's a bunch on coasttocoastam.com as well but I'm not sure anymore. HAL can find it if anyone can.

Quote from: Sardondi on July 15, 2012, 11:12:06 AM
Is anyone aware of an index of C2C bumper music that goes back to the mid-90's? I just need the info, not the music itself. So any list, by alpha or date or even by frequency of play would be great. I can't find anything but in the show archives, which is hit-or-miss for shows more than 3 years old. When I think of it, that's info which should should be available to "insiders" - it's certainly available to C2C, since they have to report what is played for royalties Or maybe there's another source of the info - does ASCAP keep/make available per/program data?

If the info is not easily available out there you could try crowd sourcing it. Publish a google document that anyone can edit and ask people if they listen to the show to fill out the bumper music.

Are you trying to make a list to have something like "The top 10 Art Bell songs played"?