• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Rush Limbaugh

Started by Marc.Knight, March 17, 2011, 10:10:10 AM

aldousburbank

Quote from: chefist on December 07, 2018, 03:32:17 PM
Every human society, no matter how isolated...shakes their head up and down for affirmative, and side to side for negative...figure that one out!

And they shake their wang when they're done peeing.

Metron2267

Every human society, no matter how isolated...shakes their head up and down for affirmative, and side to side for negative...figure that one out!

So do you see this as proof of a collective unconscious which then presets a creation narrative of certain root or universal constants?

Or are the multiple, yet strangely similar, creation narratives evidence of global cataclysm that impacted all in more or less the same manner?

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-scientific-fundamentalist/200805/there-is-only-one-human-culture

Pierre van den Berghe, a pioneer sociobiologist at the University of Washington, puts it best when he says

Certainly we are unique, but we are not unique in being unique. Every species is unique and evolved its uniqueness in adaptation to its environment. Culture is the uniquely human way of adapting, but culture too evolved biologically.

Despite all the surface differences, there is only one culture, because culture, like our body, is an adaptive product of human evolution. The human culture is a product of our genes, just like our hands and pancreas are.

Biologically, human beings are very weak and fragile; we do not have fangs to fight predators and catch prey or fur to protect us from extreme cold. Culture is the defense mechanism with which evolution equipped us to protect ourselves, so that we can inherit and then pass on our knowledge of manufacturing weapons (to fight predators and catch prey) or clothing and shelter (to protect us from extreme cold). We don’t need fangs or fur, because we have culture. And just like -- despite some minor individual differences -- all tigers have more or less the same fangs and all polar bears have more or less the same fur, all human societies have more or less the same culture. Fangs are a universal trait of all tigers; fur is a universal trait of all polar bears. So culture is a universal trait of all human societies. Yes, culture is a cultural universal.

chefist

Quote from: Enard P Farkwark on December 07, 2018, 03:38:53 PM
Based on what I see others doing the bar is so low you really don’t have to contribute anything of value.  Trying to engage on an intellectual basis with most of the cretins remaining here (but not all) would be a waste of time. 

This place is like the neighborhood you remember fondly from childhood and then you find it covered in filth and riddled with bullet holes when back for a visit decades later.  It would be better to just keep the memories and see it bulldozed to start over.

Like I said earlier, at this point I’m just throwing matches.  And adding a stick poking in a few cages of the deserving just for fun. I’ll probably get bored with it at some point.

Welcome to BellGab...post often!

chefist

Quote from: aldousburbank on December 07, 2018, 03:43:41 PM
And they shake their wang when they're done peeing.

Practicality...let's get back to that simple concept.

chefist

Quote from: Metron2267 on December 07, 2018, 03:45:59 PM
So do you see this as proof of a collective unconscious which then presets a creation narrative of certain root or universal constants?

Or are the multiple, yet strangely similar, creation narratives evidence of global cataclysm that impacted all in more or less the same manner?

Geneticists theorize that we, as a species, were down to 400 unique individuals at one point...only 400 homo sapiens on the planet...due to climate change (not induced by humans). So, I can see where we all learned the habit from those 400 poor bastards...

Metron2267

Quote from: chefist on December 07, 2018, 03:49:50 PM
Geneticists theorize that we, as a species, were down to 400 unique individuals at one point...only 400 homo sapiens on the planet...due to climate change (not induced by humans). So, I can see where we all learned the habit from those 400 poor bastards...
Plausible, in fact likely!

I had a feeling it wasn't just the royals who are hopelessly inbred. :-\

Gd5150

Quote from: ItsOver on December 07, 2018, 02:40:40 PM
Mark's the man.  He's about the only fill-in for Rush I enjoy.  He appears to be the heir apparent for when Rush finally hangs it up.  I sure hope so.

I do wonder what’s going to happen when Rush retires. I wonder if he’s given it thought. There is a method to his madness and he serves an important purpose. I wonder if he thought of grooming future pundits with a similar style.

Greg Gutfeld had a great sarcastic style when they use to do Red Eye. That show was really funny. Now he’s been somewhat Hannitized along with the entire network.

Gd5150

Quote from: Metron2267 on December 07, 2018, 03:53:47 PM
Plausible, in fact likely!

There’s only 2 types of women. But that subject is more for the “hey ladies JS is single again Re:how does a guy get laid around here” thread.

Metron2267

Quote from: Gd5150 on December 07, 2018, 04:11:59 PM
I do wonder what’s going to happen when Rush retires. I wonder if he’s given it thought. There is a method to his madness and he serves an important purpose. I wonder if he thought of grooming future pundits with a similar style.

Well we saw how Art's grooming went so..uh... :-\

QuoteGreg Gutfeld had a great sarcastic style when they use to do Red Eye. That show was really funny. Now he’s been somewhat Hannitized along with the entire network.

He would be outstanding! In fact the fact that he is so different in style from Rush could make that work in ways that the Heather/Art thing was never going to.

WeinerInHand

Quote from: Metron2267 on December 07, 2018, 03:31:04 PM
And a fine one it is!

As a bit of a tangent I find it fascinating how many native Americans cultures have an analog creation myth to the Christian Biblical narrative.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/nam/hopi/toah/index.htm
http://www.sacred-texts.com/nam/hopi/toah/toah05.htm
CHAPTER III

"HOW THE MOCKING BIRD GAVE THE PEOPLE MANY LANGUAGES
When all these were made the young men were asked to take them to the southwest, toward Patuwakachi (the ocean) and at a good distance away from the kiva these pahos were set with the wishes and prayers of the chief that the waters may only come as far as the spot where the offerings were placed. Now every day, for four days the young men were sent back to this place where they had put these pahos to see if there were any signs of moisture or the coming of Paso (the roaring waters). Now every day the water was seen to be creeping up on these pahos and at the end of the fourth day the people began to feel the damp air. Then the big wind came and it kept up for many days and at last Paso had come and it had covered up all the land around the kiva so that no one could reach it. This was, of course, a very fearful thing to all the people. 12

Of course, no one knows how long they lived around that place, but after a great many years they increased and they started to have more trouble among themselves. The chief was afraid that something might happen again so

p. 28

he had a council with his men once more, and he asked them what should be done. One of the men said that the only thing that he thought of was, if they only could speak different languages and learn to eat different kinds of food from one another, they might start away or become parted in many divisions.

"Why," said the chief, "how could we do this?"

Someone said, "Well, don't we have the mocking bird who knows many songs and why shouldn't he give us many different languages?"

"Well," said the chief, "I think that is a very good idea."

Then he asked the men to come the next day so that they could make their prayer offerings for the mocking bird. So the next day the men came over with their trays and some materials with which to make their prayer offerings. They started work that morning and kept on until late in the afternoon. When all their prayer offerings were finished, the crier called out for the men to bring him their presents of food for them all to eat. After they finished their meal they started singing the calling songs for the mocking bird, and at the end of four songs the mocking bird came.

When he came he asked them why he was being so anxiously called. The chief answered him and said, "It is because we are in trouble and we wish to have some changes made, if it would be possible." Then the mocking bird asked what kind of changes.

"Well," said the chief, "would it be possible that we, living here as one people, could be given different languages'?"

The mocking bird said, "It can be done."

I wish that I could give you a longer answer but if you consider that all around the globe, cultures have created stories, pictures, and even constructions to a similar event, the odds must be incredible...

Metron2267

Quote from: WeinerInHand on December 07, 2018, 06:32:12 PM
I wish that I could give you a longer answer but if you consider that all around the globe, cultures have created stories, pictures, and even constructions to a similar event, the odds must be incredible...

Mostly this can be explained by the first few minutes of these classic films:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8qs1u96ttQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdmpofujRmc

WeinerInHand

Quote from: Metron2267 on December 07, 2018, 06:34:59 PM
Mostly this can be explained by the first few minutes of these classic films:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8qs1u96ttQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdmpofujRmc

NOW we're gettin' in to the meat and patata!

* I was kinda bummed out by the third Star Trek, I suppose it's good the run ended with a trilogy.

Metron2267

Quote from: WeinerInHand on December 07, 2018, 06:42:05 PM
NOW we're gettin' in to the meat and patata!

* I was kinda bummed out by the third Star Trek, I suppose it's good the run ended with a trilogy.

Indeed yes. I was ready to start watching those vanity Trek shows online with Grant Imahara of Mythbusters!

albrecht

Bulgarians do the opposite. Only people that I'm aware that do so and I'm not sure on the reason.

Rense has guests who claims that many, if not most, sub-Saharan African tribes the language did not have a word/concept for tomorrow and their "speculation" was one reason for the "living in the moment" sad state of affairs and violence in those areas.  (I have no references to this but apparently some other native groups have similar lack of concepts of time, or different ones.)

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-13452711

AZZERAE

Any of you folks care to speculate why neither Rush or Savage seem to have addressed General Kelly's upcoming departure?

I saw a hullabaloo being made of it on CNN, but no word aside from that.

Metron2267

Rush is so mainstream that I suspect he wants the situation to clear with the lamestream vetting on trickle before he summarizes and contexts it - or at least that's how I remember Rush as being when I had time to listen.

Savage is a bird of another feather - your guess on him is as good as mine. I think that with a national audience and the highly fluid Mueller mess bubbling away he's going to pick his fights. But TNX for the heads up!

Gd5150

Quote from: Azzerae on December 14, 2018, 09:16:08 AM

I saw a hullabaloo being made of it on CNN, but no word aside from that.

Ie: “(insert flavor of the week fake scandal) therefore Trump is Hitler and should be impeached!”

ItsOver

Quote from: Gd5150 on December 14, 2018, 10:34:11 AM
Ie: “(insert flavor of the week fake scandal) therefore Trump is Hitler and should be impeached!”
Ha!  Yes, CNN, MSNBC, etc. "The Trump is bad, very, very bad networks deep state propaganda ministry!  All Trump, all the time.  Did you know Trump is very, very bad!  P.S. - He's evil, too!"

Gd5150

Quote from: ItsOver on December 14, 2018, 10:40:35 AM

Ha!  Yes, CNN, MSNBC, etc. "The Trump is bad, very, very bad networks deep state propaganda ministry!  All Trump, all the time.  Did you know Trump is very, very bad!  P.S. - He's evil, too!"

MSNBC doing their part to be the predictable example...4:00.

https://youtu.be/za5Ulik7owM

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Azzerae on January 29, 2019, 08:18:37 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkkoVqKQV1c

Hey! Fucking idiot CNN guy! There are good reasons to distrust the mainstream media and to hate the Clintons. You’re fucking whining about the fact that there are some commentators that are intelligent enough to wake some people up instead of just feeding them bullshit propaganda like you do. Eat shit and die in a fire...and while you’re at it take that stupisd faggot, metron with you too. >:( ::)

Metron2267

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 29, 2019, 06:00:49 PM
Eat shit and die in a fire...and while you’re at it take that stupisd faggot, metron with you too. >:( ::)
Temper, temper, snuggle bunny... ::)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Metron2267 on January 29, 2019, 06:44:30 PM

No, this is sound reasoning. I’ve thought it through.

Also, you’re still the biggest faggot on Bellgab.

AZZERAE

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 29, 2019, 06:00:49 PM
Hey! Fucking idiot CNN guy! There are good reasons to distrust the mainstream media and to hate the Clintons. You’re fucking whining about the fact that there are some commentators that are intelligent enough to wake some people up instead of just feeding them bullshit propaganda like you do. Eat shit and die in a fire...and while you’re at it take that stupisd faggot, metron with you too. >:( ::)

Just so you know: Smerconish can't hear you through the computer screen.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Azzerae on January 30, 2019, 12:21:56 AM
Just so you know: Smerconish can't hear you through the computer screen.

I know, simpleton. He’ll read it though. ::)

ItsOver

Quote from: Metron2267 on January 29, 2019, 06:44:30 PM

Ha!  The rabbit looks like it's braced to become Fancy Feast.

Metron2267

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 30, 2019, 12:41:38 AM
I know, simpleton. He’ll read it though. ::)
You have delusions of adequacy.

Metron2267

Quote from: ItsOver on January 30, 2019, 09:27:11 AM
Ha!  The rabbit looks like it's braced to become Fancy Feast.
The dick doctor likes it that way, what can I say? ::)