• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Caravan to Midnight

Started by Original Larry, September 28, 2015, 11:36:00 AM

Lilith

Quote from: Original Larry on October 30, 2015, 04:29:44 PM
Say Brig, I listened to that interview on EODR, and I thought John kind of let his hair down, so to speak, worth the listen. Also, I like the guys at EODR, there isn't another program like it, not that I have found. I was lucky to run into these guys here.
That's a plug, Myke.
you're welcome, have a happy Halloween, guys MWHAAA!

I shall be checking out EODR.....probably right after tonights gabcast.  ;D

Oh Brig, I forgot to mention John played the "missing episode" last night, Reverse speech, if you can believe it.
seeya

Lilith

Quote from: Original Larry on October 30, 2015, 04:39:27 PM
Oh Brig, I forgot to mention John played the "missing episode" last night, Reverse speech, if you can believe it.
seeya

OH BOY!! Thank You for telling me!  Iza gonna have a busy weekend lol's

Elane237

Apparently John B has brought back (enabled) comments starting with Episode 404. 

Lilith

Quote from: Elane237 on October 31, 2015, 02:09:35 AM
Apparently John B has brought back (enabled) comments starting with Episode 404.

Oh Elane,  I am SO happy to hear that!  That is last nights show, looks like it has 10 comments when I just now went over and looked.  If I didn't know better, I might think Our Dear Mr. Wells was reading this thread.  ;D

Lilith

Quote from: username on October 30, 2015, 04:04:22 PM
I havent been on his show but he invited me to be a guest in the future.

http://youtu.be/cjmD0ya8HKA

Here's our interview with him, i think his fans will truly enjoy it as he holds zero back.

This interview is so good, that I will be listening to it quite a few times.  I really like your voice Myke!  ;D :-*

weedeater

Quote from: Elane237 on October 31, 2015, 02:09:35 AM

Thanks for the heads up Elane237, as Joseph P says "see you on the flip side"

Thanks Eve, by the way, I stand corrected. Last night was the "missing episode"
I have to admit it was pretty bad! A supersoldier who had a "battlefield transplant"
of his arm. Yeah, right. Still, I don't care about that reverse speech stuff, either.
See you at CTM.
Hopefully John has learned to keep a little control over the commenters.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: brig on October 31, 2015, 04:49:31 AM
This interview is so good, that I will be listening to it quite a few times.  I really like your voice Myke!  ;D :-*

That interview was solid & i dont listen to guests on other shows, i don't want to copy and i take great pride in being original. Thank you Brig, thats very flattering of you.

Stephen

Quote from: Original Larry on October 20, 2015, 01:45:35 PM
If JB had done the right thing, and had the forum properly moderated, it would still be around.

roger THAT^^^^ larry... clearly they just didn't care (or maybe didn't have the budget for a mod? - doubtful)... but from the inception of the show they/their forum had an extremely intelligent, dynamic and supportive base - it was quite remarkable in hindsight... with NO moderation (even just a little bit) - the entire community became fodder for a few dysfunctional posters... ctm's assertion that unfettered free speech was a prime directive of their management, thus never implementing mild-moderation guidelines, was an excuse to allow an engaged and spirited debate group to degrade into a roadhouse style bar fight... pretty sad...

Quote from: Elane237 on October 20, 2015, 03:58:37 PM
I'm out in November; and for me it's not about the money.  If he had a forum, I would pay $10 - $15 a month - but he didn't take a interest survey before beginning the forum or ending it. 

yes to that, elane - I totally agree... (and as an aside, solari does rock)...

Quote from: brig on October 29, 2015, 06:24:26 PM
-snip- ...Now that the ability to communicate with other CTM'ers is gone, I definitely won't be renewing.  The show never made it anywhere NEAR what he was promising,  a live video show with callers.  Now, its just another podcast, with video, no place to chat, and mostly the same guests over and over IMO.

exactly  brig... although callers are usually never a watershed moment in live or podcast radio - it was promised and quite possibly attracted more subscribers... additionally, in absence of a place to exchange ideas about each show's subject matter with a forum, chat etc. - e.g. here (praise MV) ) - the ctm show currently lays flat - it's just "there"... oh well...

Corona Kitty

Quote..

exactly  brig... although callers are usually never a watershed moment in live or podcast radio - it was promised and quite possibly attracted more subscribers... additionally, in absence of a place to exchange ideas about each show's subject matter with a forum, chat etc. - e.g. here (praise MV) ) - the ctm show currently lays flat - it's just "there"... oh well...

It may lay flat here because this is an art bell forum & most of johns fans reside else where.

Stephen

Quote from: username on November 01, 2015, 04:16:10 PM
It may lay flat here because this is an art bell forum & most of johns fans reside else where.

right I get it - this is "art world" - that's a fact...

specifically, I was saying the show itself (to me) is flat and not exciting in its current broadcast state - guests and host all...

failing to leverage show interest with an interactive discussion community, current subscriber enthusiasm and word of mouth, thus attracting additional show subscribers and increasing the show's "Q" or "buzz" (pick your showbiz adjective) - is a missed opportunity... hope that is more clear...

if there is a collection of jbw-ctm "fans" that congregate elsewhere, I have no knowledge of them...

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Stephen on November 01, 2015, 04:43:00 PM

specifically, I was saying the show itself (to me) is flat and not exciting in its current broadcast state - guests and host all...

failing to leverage show interest with an interactive discussion community, current subscriber enthusiasm and word of mouth thus attracting more show subscribers and additional "Q" or "buzz" (pick your showbiz adjective) - is a missed opportunity... is that more clear?...

if there is a collection of fans that congregate elsewhere, I have no knowledge of them...

Ah i see .... understood yea very clear & i dont disgaree with you on your perspective. I haven't heard every show of John's, but not everyone will be pleased by his performance or guest's... Thats the way she goes sometimes. I asked john about the forum when i interviewed him, he Defintely seemed done with the entire concept after members trying to call the feds on eachother. There's a lot of things that can be done to correct this issue. I will defintely press this on em.

They congregated on his forum before he Shut it down, now it seems like his fans just hang around youtube.

Lilith

Quote from: Stephen on November 01, 2015, 04:43:00 PM

failing to leverage show interest with an interactive discussion community, current subscriber enthusiasm and word of mouth, thus attracting additional show subscribers and increasing the show's "Q" or "buzz" (pick your showbiz adjective) - is a missed opportunity... hope that is more clear...

if there is a collection of jbw-ctm "fans" that congregate elsewhere, I have no knowledge of them...

Looks like the comments are turned off again, I don't see any reply buttons now, even while logged in. Be interesting to see what happens later or next show.  I do remember at least one of the members over at CTM, starting up their own CTM forum, where they can make their own controlled membership, and keep out whoever rubs them the wrong way. It's always been a fun hobby of mine to get a giggle out of posters calling each other trolls lol's.   I have no interest in those types of fan sites myself.   There were a few of those that popped up for C2C when The old CoastRider board was closed down.   If it was just a fluke that the comments were open for episode 404, well, I'll just say, it was nice seeing a few of you there while it lasted.   :-*

Lilith

Quote from: username on November 01, 2015, 04:52:16 PM
Ah i see .... understood yea very clear & i dont disgaree with you on your perspective. I haven't heard every show of John's, but not everyone will be pleased by his performance or guest's... Thats the way she goes sometimes. I asked john about the forum when i interviewed him, he Defintely seemed done with the entire concept after members trying to call the feds on eachother. There's a lot of things that can be done to correct this issue. I will defintely press this on em.

They congregated on his forum before he Shut it down, now it seems like his fans just hang around youtube.

Haha,  makes sense.  Where there's a will there's a way.  They started using the video comments when the CTM forum got shut down, glad they all thought of moving on to the YouTube comments section.   Lol's.  I guess we will know soon enough if the comments section was only on for episode 404 by mistake.

"The comment section is what it is and no one from this end monitors it.  If there are comments that offend someone, then we will get emails about it.  We took down the forum because it turned into a ugly bash fest for a handful land I was bombarded with emails on a daily basis.  No on here has time to go through and check through it.  On occasion, some of us will read some comments, but not that often.  The listeners have turned the video comments into their forum.  No on in the comment section is anyone other than a listener or a troll trying to stir stuff up.  If someone has a guest request, they need to send that to mediarequests@caravantomidnight.com or we probably won't see it."

This is the reply I received when I asked Dianne Comtois (COO) about the moderation of the comment section.

I said from the beginning, I didn't want to clutter up Bellgab with comments about the Caravan to Midnight. Unfortunately, no other place to go. As far as the last episode, it was old, I'm not a techie, but I presume the comments weren't turned off for that particular episode. Too bad. I missed some of the commenters. Oh well, we can start our own forum somewhere, if the will is there.
"Be Seeing You"

Lilith

Quote from: Original Larry on November 01, 2015, 08:23:04 PM
"The comment section is what it is and no one from this end monitors it.  If there are comments that offend someone, then we will get emails about it.  We took down the forum because it turned into a ugly bash fest for a handful land I was bombarded with emails on a daily basis.  No on here has time to go through and check through it.  On occasion, some of us will read some comments, but not that often.  The listeners have turned the video comments into their forum.  No on in the comment section is anyone other than a listener or a troll trying to stir stuff up.  If someone has a guest request, they need to send that to mediarequests@caravantomidnight.com or we probably won't see it."

This is the reply I received when I asked Dianne Comtois (COO) about the moderation of the comment section.

Thank You for sharing TOL.  That's an interesting view to take of their subscribers/listeners.  Its like saying pay to listen to us, but we have absolutely no interest in reading what you subscribers/listeners/trolls have to say.  I really ENJOYED listening to JBW on EODR.  Thats the JBW I was looking forward to on CTM.

Lilith

Quote from: Original Larry on November 01, 2015, 08:26:31 PM
I said from the beginning, I didn't want to clutter up Bellgab with comments about the Caravan to Midnight. If they removed the comment section from CTM, again,
I think that is a huge mistake.

I don't feel that having a thread about CTM would be considered clutter by MV.  I think that's why he has this "Other Talk Radio/Podcasts" thread. No doubt MV will correct me if I am wrong.  Praise MV!

Brig, you are the best! Praise MV indeed!

Amethyst

Quote from: ksm32 on October 17, 2015, 12:12:17 AM
So there's not many bellgabber Caravaners I guess.  Thought this thread would at least break page 3. Too bad.

(Reposting correctly this time.)  I've been a Caravaner since JBW started CTM.  I'm late here to Bellgab, having joined only in July.

Amethyst

Quote from: Original Larry on October 31, 2015, 08:55:44 AM
I have to admit it was pretty bad! A supersoldier who had a "battlefield transplant"
of his arm. Yeah, right. Still, I don't care about that reverse speech stuff, either.
See you at CTM.

Ah-ha.  So that was the missing episode?  Yes, it was far out.  I heard most of it and thought the guy kept pausing to take bong hits and check the story notes.  I did not get around to listening to the reverse speech stuff.  I've long felt that Oates--and Art's GIS people as well--are selling BS.

GravitySucks

Quote from: brig on November 01, 2015, 08:35:45 PM

I don't feel that having a thread about CTM would be considered clutter by MV.  I think that's why he has this "Other Talk Radio/Podcasts" thread. No doubt MV will correct me if I am wrong.  Praise MV!
As a semi-authorized representative of his eminence, the omniscient one, yeah varily this thread has been hastily, but thoroughly inspected and found to be mostly compliant with the terms of service, meaning everything in it already belongs to the exalted one, and as such, may remain in good standing as long as JBW does not bring praise on the evil one, whose given name is Dave. Carry on as you wish cretans, knowing that the omnipresent one has found favor with your placement of your gabblings. For what already belongeth to the great one shall surely only grow in bounty.

Praise MV

ItsOver

Quote from: brig on November 01, 2015, 08:35:45 PM

Ha!  BellGab has the Falkie thread.  Post often.
All hail MV!

Lilith

Quote from: ItsOver on November 01, 2015, 09:21:30 PM
Ha!  BellGab has the Falkie thread.  Post often.
All hail MV!

So say we ALL !!!!

Lilith

Quote from: GravitySucks on November 01, 2015, 09:14:17 PM
As a semi-authorized representative of his eminence, the omniscient one, yeah varily this thread has been hastily, but thoroughly inspected and found to be mostly compliant with the terms of service, meaning everything in it already belongs to the exalted one, and as such, may remain in good standing as long as JBW does not bring praise on the evil one, whose given name is Dave. Carry on as you wish cretans, knowing that the omnipresent one has found favor with your placement of your gabblings. For what already belongeth to the great one shall surely only grow in bounty.

Praise MV

I couldn't have said it better myself lol's  ;D

Lilith

Quote from: Amethyst on November 01, 2015, 08:44:06 PM
(Reposting correctly this time.)  I've been a Caravaner since JBW started CTM.  I'm late here to Bellgab, having joined only in July.

Nice to meet you Amethyst!  Post Often!!!!

Amethyst

Quote from: brig on November 01, 2015, 10:55:03 PM
Nice to meet you Amethyst!  Post Often!!!!

Thanks, Brig.  :-)

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Amethyst on November 01, 2015, 09:01:14 PM
Ah-ha.  So that was the missing episode?  Yes, it was far out.  I heard most of it and thought the guy kept pausing to take bong hits and check the story notes.  I did not get around to listening to the reverse speech stuff.  I've long felt that Oates--and Art's GIS people as well--are selling BS.
Quote from: Original Larry on October 31, 2015, 08:55:44 AM
See you at CTM.

Whaaa?  Super soldier?