George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No
And...

More from Wiki:

Norcom Entertainment, Inc.
Noory was president of Norcom Entertainment, Inc., a St. Louis-based company that developed and marketed video training films by television to law enforcement and security agencies nationwide.[2]

Quick websearch for Norcom Enterprises...

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/NISCO+AND+NORCOM+ENTERTAINMENT+SIGN+LETTER+OF+INTENT-a014939760

ST. LOUIS, March 25 /PRNewswire/ -- Two St. Louis based companies, National Industrial Security Corporation (NISCO) (NASDAQ-OTC: NISC) and NORCOM Entertainment, Inc., have announced the signing of a letter of intent to merge in a stock exchange transaction.  A definitive merger agreement subject to closing conditions is scheduled to be completed in the near future and the transaction is expected to close in May, 1994.
    NISCO provides uniformed security guard services, alarm monitoring, and data based investigative searches to numerous corporate, industrial and governmental clients in the St. Louis area.  NISCO has nearly 150 employees and began operations in 1974.
    NORCOM has experience in developing and marketing video training films by television to law enforcement and security agencies nationwide. As well as other video training products to other occupation groups.
    Atlantis Teleproductions, a NORCOM subsidiary, based near Universal Studios in Orlando, Fla. provides sports and entertainment video broadcasts to major television clients, such as ESPN, through its mobile video broadcast facility.
    The combined revenues of the two companies are projected to be approximately $3 million for 1994, with total assets of $1.5 million.
    "This merger will benefit both companies tremendously," said Max T. Jackson, chairman and president of NISCO.  "We believe both companies can grow by offering our services and products through innovative marketing.  Such as quality infomercials and video products which could be sold worldwide.  There is a great need for occupational training and information video products."
    George Noory, president of NORCOM, 43, a former news director for NBC affiliate KSDK-TV (St. Louis Channel 5), has 24 years experience in broadcasting.  He has received regional Emmy Awards on three occasions for outstanding achievements in radio and television.
    NORCOM is also currently developing training programs for day care centers, nursing homes, and educational facilities to be marketed to over 15,000 school districts in the U.S. through "School Board Today," a NORCOM division.
    "Not only do we have experience in the training of security and law enforcement agencies nationwide by television, but we may be able to seek related acquisitions to expand our core businesses, and develop exciting technology such as interactive video," said Noory.
    National Industrial Security Corporation is traded in the OTC NASDAQ bulletin board market with a symbol of NISC.

No wonder he claims to 'know cops' and that they all listen to his show.  One thing about George, he certainly dreams big.

Gassy Man

Quote from: Paper*Boy on January 06, 2012, 11:52:02 AM
Looks like someone has fixed George's Wikipedia page again.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Noory

Before someone at PremRat reads this post and changes it back, here is one segment:

On-air style

Noory is known among his fans for his frequent malapropisms, non-sequiturs and mispronunciations, often misplacing the stress on syllables and words while reading news copy, or completely misreading copy. For instance, following an attack on cognitive scientist Rupert Sheldrake in April 2008, in which Sheldrake was non-fatally stabbed in the leg, Noory reported that Sheldrake had been "stabbed to death in the leg."[4] Fans and critics have compiled long lists of "nooryisms," documenting his unique broadcasting style.[5] In an article about Noory published in the respected news magazine The Atlantic, Timothy Lavin wrote that "Noory can be an uneven broadcaster, sometimes seems to not pay full attention to his guests, offers strangely obvious commentary, and often lets clearly delusional or pseudoscientific assertions slide by without challenge."[6] According to Media Life Magazine, "Noory says it doesn’t matter whether he believes what his callers and guests say. Ultimately, it's about entertainment, creating a show that people will be drawn to."[7] Author and frequent Coast to Coast AM guest Whitley Strieber (who claims that a device was implanted in his ear in 1989 by invaders who entered his home dressed in black)[8] has commented on Noory's style, asserting "It's not that he's credulous or easily led. He's willing to take these intellectual journeys. He'll have guests on that you think are completely off the wall -- nothing they're saying is real -- but by the end of the program you will have made a discovery that there is a kernel of a question worth exploring." George currently backs glutton and numerologist Glynis McCants, the gigantasaurus who is in danger of eating all of the North American continent. [9]
Bravo!  Bravo!

Vatar

That is the most accurate description of Snoory I've ever heard I hope he sees this.  Also I really was hoping that George would run for president, as during his presidential run he would be unable to host C2C.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Vatar on January 06, 2012, 03:12:59 PM
Also I really was hoping that George would run for president, as during his presidential run he would be unable to host C2C.

haha

VtaGeezer

Wassup with George K sitting in tonight?  I thought Wells was now the designated stand-in?  Did John B step on his dick already?

Morgus

Quote from: VtaGeezer on January 06, 2012, 06:28:13 PM
Wassup with George K sitting in tonight?  I thought Wells was now the designated stand-in?  Did John B step on his dick already?
nah they have been alternating thru all the guest hosts recently.
Wells has Ian's old Saturday gig now as a regular host starting tomorrow, so no need for two nights in a row.
This is good a different alternate host for 4 nights in a row without noory... :)

b_dubb

Quote from: al snooronAccording to an article in Nation's Restaurant News, Noory and his partners in Norcom Restaurants opened a restaurant, Cafe Marrakesh and Oasis Bar, in Brentwood, Mo. in 1987. The restaurant's theme revolved around a fictional Englishman named Col. William Berry, who opened a restaurant following an exciting secret mission to Marrakesh.
Too bad kif paste wasn't on the menu. I have a feeling Al Snooron could have benefitted from having his third eye made squeaky clean

That is the most accurate description of Snoory I've ever heard I hope he sees this..

Still up on Wiki.  George and his bloated staff aren't letting anything distract them from their 8 hours of show prep today

VtaGeezer

That reminds me...we haven't had any updates on Noory's PX90 (?) fitness program. He must be getting pretty ripped about now, eh?

coaster

i'm looking for a youtube clip a member posted here that had audio clips of noory and his nooryisms. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? i can't find it anywhere. I can't even find it on youtube.

11angeleyes11

That is the most accurate description of Snoory I've ever heard I hope he sees this.  Also I really was hoping that George would run for president, as during his presidential run he would be unable to host C2C.
Yes, I thought that was the reason that George was off these two nights.  He was in a secret strategy session with Ron Paul to become his Director of Communications or Press Secretary.

Morgus

Quote from: VtaGeezer on January 06, 2012, 07:53:58 PM
That reminds me...we haven't had any updates on Noory's PX90 (?) fitness program. He must be getting pretty ripped about now, eh?
seems like that sponsor dropped c2cam sometime back. probably realized Noory is a not a good spokesmodel for their product?
Noory probably never kept up with the program correctly anyway, it requires too much time commitment for him.  8)

coaster

I'm not even sure what this is supposed to be.  ???

Not surprised P90X dropped sponsorship from Noory, it was such a weird mix anyway. A spokesman who is turning to dust may not be the best representative for a fitness product.

JohnnieB

Hey everyone, just joined up. I have spent the last few days kiling myself laughing over the plethora of hilarious and spot-on comments re Noory and co. Glad to know I'm not alone in my love/HATE/frustration over Coast to Coast.

Don't know if anyone's mentioned this one, but what kills me (and cracks me up) is when I've heard this particular intro from George from time to time:

George: "Welcome to Coast to Coast!"
Guest: "Thanks, George. Thanks for having me on, it's great to be able to speak with you and
            your listeners tonight!"
George: "You, too."

LOL! WTF? Anyone else recall this? I've heard this retarded response from George at least three times with three separate guests. BTW, I've emailed George some pretty critical messages in the past (and cc'd Tom and Lisa) and George's usual response to me was, "You're STUPID! Grow up!"
Oooookay.

Anywho, glad I found this site. Like I said, you guys crack me up!

Perhaps fate brought me here...oh, but I DON'T BELIEVE IN COINCIDENCES! ;-)

stevesh

Quote from: JohnnieB on January 07, 2012, 02:51:25 PM

BTW, I've emailed George some pretty critical messages in the past (and cc'd Tom and Lisa) and George's usual response to me was, "You're STUPID! Grow up!"

You really expect us to believe Simple George spelled all those words correctly ? C'mon.

Welcome to CoastGab.

Morgus

Quote from: JohnnieB on January 07, 2012, 02:51:25 PMI've emailed George some pretty critical messages in the past (and cc'd Tom and Lisa) and George's usual response to me was, "You're STUPID! Grow up!"
thats because Noory has a special email response system that puts all negative emails into his "hater" file...  :o

11angeleyes11

Quote from: Morgus on January 07, 2012, 03:47:09 PM
thats because Noory has a special email response system that puts all negative emails into his "hater" file...  :o

You are spot on!  And further more, not only is there a "hater" file, they have furnished him with the newest in e-mail response systems, "hater" bots.  He does not even answer those e-mail.  The  "hater" bots do it for him.  That is what you get when you are the second most listened to radio program in the universe, and the number one at nite. 

I like that Number 2 if by day, and Number one if by night.  You the audience rate it correct and right. 

The call of the Noory revolution:  Number 2 if by Day!
                                               Number 1 if by Night!

Quote from: Paper*Boy on January 06, 2012, 11:52:02 AM
Looks like someone has fixed George's Wikipedia page again.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Noory

Before someone at PremRat reads this post and changes it back, here is one segment:

On-air style

Noory is known among his fans for his frequent malapropisms, non-sequiturs and mispronunciations, often misplacing the stress on syllables and words while reading news copy, or completely misreading copy. For instance, following an attack on cognitive scientist Rupert Sheldrake in April 2008, in which Sheldrake was non-fatally stabbed in the leg, Noory reported that Sheldrake had been "stabbed to death in the leg."[4] Fans and critics have compiled long lists of "nooryisms," documenting his unique broadcasting style.[5] In an article about Noory published in the respected news magazine The Atlantic, Timothy Lavin wrote that "Noory can be an uneven broadcaster, sometimes seems to not pay full attention to his guests, offers strangely obvious commentary, and often lets clearly delusional or pseudoscientific assertions slide by without challenge."[6] According to Media Life Magazine, "Noory says it doesn’t matter whether he believes what his callers and guests say. Ultimately, it's about entertainment, creating a show that people will be drawn to."[7] Author and frequent Coast to Coast AM guest Whitley Strieber (who claims that a device was implanted in his ear in 1989 by invaders who entered his home dressed in black)[8] has commented on Noory's style, asserting "It's not that he's credulous or easily led. He's willing to take these intellectual journeys. He'll have guests on that you think are completely off the wall -- nothing they're saying is real -- but by the end of the program you will have made a discovery that there is a kernel of a question worth exploring." George currently backs glutton and numerologist Glynis McCants, the gigantasaurus who is in danger of eating all of the North American continent. [9]

George's Wiki page has been changed again.  The least flattering portions are deleted but the rest is the same and still makes him look out to be fairly lousy, my guess is George himself fixed it:

"On-air style
In an article about Noory published in the respected news magazine The Atlantic, Timothy Lavin wrote that "Noory can be an uneven broadcaster, sometimes seems to not pay full attention to his guests, offers strangely obvious commentary, and often lets clearly delusional or pseudoscientific assertions slide by without challenge."[4] According to Media Life Magazine, "Noory says it doesn’t matter whether he believes what his callers and guests say. Ultimately, it's about entertainment, creating a show that people will be drawn to."[5] Author and frequent Coast to Coast AM guest Whitley Strieber has commented on Noory's style, asserting "It's not that he's credulous or easily led. He's willing to take these intellectual journeys. He'll have guests on that you think are completely off the wall -- nothing they're saying is real -- but by the end of the program you will have made a discovery that there is a kernel of a question worth exploring."[6]"

Is George on tonight?  It would explain why it took so long to change, why the change was lazily done.  Maybe that's how George spends his days in the office - answering email, checking sites like Wiki and George Noory Sucks sites, Googling his name, catching up on celeb gossip and looking for sickening stories involving animals and kids...

The CoastGab references have also been removed.

b_dubb

That Noory says he's all about "the truth" and then let quacks run their mouths about how cancer patients should shun conventional treatment makes me very angry. I want to see this asshole go to jail

Gassy Man

Quote from: Paper*Boy on January 07, 2012, 05:59:07 PM

George's Wiki page has been changed again.  The least flattering portions are deleted but the rest is the same and still makes him look out to be fairly lousy, my guess is George himself fixed it:
Is it rife with spelling and grammatical mistakes?  That would be a tell-tale sign.

I sent the link to friends who thought it was hilarious, even the ones who don't have the faintest idea who George Noory is.

I've tried, I've REALLY tried to like Noory, but after the parade of dangerous quacks and their 'alternate' treatments  who've gotten a national platform on his show, I just can't drum up anything but contempt for this ignorant yahoo. These quacks prey on people and their families who are desperate for a cure, and they all have the same line of BS to account for their legal troubles: the government is persecuting them because they have the 'truth' and the shadowy 'theys' want to keep it from the American people.

I have seen medical doctors with tears in their over the death of cancer patients in my family because they were helpless to save them. It makes me furious that this clueless a-hole lets these people spout off their crazy theories as if there's a vast global conspiracy by oncologists to withhold cures for millions of people. It's nothing short of a cynical attempt to take advantage of the vulnerable and Noory should be ashamed, that is, if he had any sense of accountability, which he obviously does not.

Sorry my first post was a rant, but to be on topic I am just one more person who thinks George Noory sucks big time, and I am so happy to have found CoastGab.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: UnscreenedCaller on January 07, 2012, 08:00:16 PM
I've tried, I've REALLY tried to like Noory, but after the parade of dangerous quacks and their 'alternate' treatments  who've gotten a national platform on his show, I just can't drum up anything but contempt for this ignorant yahoo. These quacks prey on people and their families who are desperate for a cure, and they all have the same line of BS to account for their legal troubles: the government is persecuting them because they have the 'truth' and the shadowy 'theys' want to keep it from the American people.

I have seen medical doctors with tears in their over the death of cancer patients in my family because they were helpless to save them. It makes me furious that this clueless a-hole lets these people spout off their crazy theories as if there's a vast global conspiracy by oncologists to withhold cures for millions of people. It's nothing short of a cynical attempt to take advantage of the vulnerable and Noory should be ashamed, that is, if he had any sense of accountability, which he obviously does not.

Sorry my first post was a rant, but to be on topic I am just one more person who thinks George Noory sucks big time, and I am so happy to have found CoastGab.
Welcome. You're in the right place for anti-Noory rants, the clown only inspires annoyance within all of us. And the dross and driftwood that pass for guests on his show deserve nothing but opprobrium.

Nebraska888

John B. Wells is rockin' the house!  He's good......and, even though I like Ian......John is doing just fine.  I also look forward to hearing Ian tomorrow night.  Let us all hope that John can take Coast over, sooner rather than later, for more and more evenings.

Ben Shockley

Quote from: Nebraska888 on January 08, 2012, 03:14:39 AM
John B. Wells is rockin' the house!  He's good......and, even though I like Ian......John is doing just fine.  I also look forward to hearing Ian tomorrow night.  Let us all hope that John can take Coast over, sooner rather than later, for more and more evenings.
IF he can keep his right-wing politics and fundie religion under control.  He alluded last night a couple of times to "getting in trouble" and needing to keep certain things quiet ~~ I think some listeners rang his chimes last week or 2 weeks ago when he was basically aiding and abetting Steve Quayle.