• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

WOTR

Quote from: Morgus on January 01, 2012, 02:21:36 PM
all good things must come to an end, including our noory-free holiday week starting tonight with noory returning.  >:(
I actually felt my heart sink and noticed that I was involuntary looking towards the radio in horror when I heard "good morning, good evening" coming from it. 

Quote from: Vatar on January 02, 2012, 12:36:11 AM
It's amazing this shit is on the air.  I'm listing live and his bumper music sounded like some woman was being assaulted with a club.
It isn't often that I wish there were more "autotune" used in this world...

rs1960

Quote from: WOTR on January 02, 2012, 02:44:53 AM
It isn't often that I wish there were more "autotune" used in this world...

AMEN!!!!!!!

michio

Quote from: b_dubb on December 30, 2011, 10:14:10 PM
What about the time he said " here's Linda Moulton Howell for her last appearance on Coast To Coast" and when LMH sounded like she was going to start bawling he said "just kidding". what an ass

Bturd, too. This morning he was talking to the psychic lady and she was telling a story about a friend of whom she had a premonition. She told the friend that he was going to die of a heart attack. George's reply was that psychic lady scared him into having a heart attack by telling him so. After a short and silent "WTF?!" by psychic lady to analyze his reply and form hers, George immediately blurted out (paraphrasing) "don't cry."  Now either George "the nice guy" gets off on playing with people's emotions or his demented sense of humor needs a major rework.

El Kragen

Quote from: Morgus on January 02, 2012, 12:29:54 AM
A chill just went down my spine when the first hour guest tonight mentioned Noory's ten year anniversary of being the regular main c2cam host is coming up later this year. Noory for a full decade already - thats longer than even Art Bell hosted the show without retirement interruptions...  :o

ten...f*cking...years

How is it possible that someone working at a job for 10 years has gotten worse at it instead of better? How is it possible to know less or in some cases know nothing at all about topics you've been covering for the past 10 years?

Lovely Bones

George, speaking to generic predictions guest:

"Tell us your website.  Mine of course is CoasttoCoastam.com."

Uh.  Since when did the Coast website belong to George

Lovely Bones

I listened to maybe 1/2 hour of last night's show in a conscious state.

During that half hour, I counted George responding to the guest no fewer than 6 times with the following phrase:

"Uh, well, right, good point." 

I am not making this up. 

Shoot me now.

Morgus

Quote from: Lovely Bones on January 02, 2012, 09:13:25 AM
George, speaking to generic predictions guest:
"Tell us your website.  Mine of course is CoasttoCoastam.com."
Uh.  Since when did the Coast website belong to George?
its been that way for quite a long time now.
georgenoory.com goes directly to the c2cam website and it says George Noory in the title of the page too.  8)

WOTR

Quote from: michio on January 02, 2012, 04:17:57 AM
Bturd, too. This morning he was talking to the psychic lady and she was telling a story about a friend of whom she had a premonition. She told the friend that he was going to die of a heart attack. George's reply was that psychic lady scared him into having a heart attack by telling him so. After a short and silent "WTF?!" by psychic lady to analyze his reply and form hers, George immediately blurted out (paraphrasing) "don't cry."  Now either George "the nice guy" gets off on playing with people's emotions or his demented sense of humor needs a major rework.
Thanks; I heard it in the background but wasn't really paying attention until the "don't cry."  I knew they were talking about a heart attack and thought perhaps she was getting emotional about his fathers passing and he was being comforting (wow, did I call that one wrong.  Imagine giving George credit for being human and actually trying to help somebody emotionally instead of screwing with them...)  After a pause, when she started talking again she didn't sound choked up, so I was left baffled.

Useless moron.

Sardondi

I see two possibilities here:
1) We're just out of sync with millions of CTC listeners, or...
2) CTC succeeds in spite of an annoyingly incompetent host.

Sure, there are people who love George. He's got a soothing voice, he's familiar, and he's usually cheery or upbeat (well, except when he's talking about how we're powerless because the world is actually run by a few shadowy, all-powerful corporations' or how Major Fraud "Killshot" Dames is never wrong; or how Planet X or Nibiru is going to reappear at any moment and destroy life on earth). We forget that Simple George had AB's seal of approval. He was clearly Art's chosen successor (whether or not he really was - Art knew it was important for the success of the show that he back George). That means a lot. For example, if, say, George Knapp had gotten the gig, I don't see George coming in as a guest host and people clamoring for him to be made permanent. Art's blessing was a huge advantage. Those loyal to AB tried hard to like George, and it worked in a lot of cases.

Plus George doesn't threaten anyone intellectually. Not many people think "I don't like George Noory because he's too smart for me". This might happen with someone truly intelligent, like George Knapp, or someone who constantly tries to convince us he's intelligent, like Ian Punnett. But everyone knows George is dumb as a flat rock. That makes us comfortable with him. 

Still, I think it's the format that is the reason for the success of the show. George is just something we put up with to get to listen to what the guest has to say. There's really nothing like it on national radio, an every-night "alternative" format. Now, the format isn't foolproof: a truly terrible host could kill it. But until real competition comes along, George isn't in any trouble.

Unfortunately, it looks like only George's misbehavior can stop his evil reign. So I think we need a plan, and a fund: "The Alliance To Keep George Noory In Booze, Hookers  And Crack". How sweet it would be: an on-air blow-up when Drunk George locks himself in the control room, where he sucks on the pipe as he does an in-studio interview with a hooker about what they've done in the last 48 hours.

We could make that happen. If we just have the will, and enough money, we can make the dream come true. I volunteer to be Treasurer. 

valdez

Sometime during George's "prediction special," he said something to the effect of, "it's fun bringing you guys back and seeing how your predictions panned out." The thing is, George never does that. Joe Jacobs, Glynis McCants, Mark Lerner, and Maureen Hancock will not be called to task on their ramblings. The exception is Ed Dames, who seems to be fair game in coast-land. Here's a exchange that occurred between  George and a caller in the last hour:
     Caller: "You need to do a show on bad medicine."
     George: "I do shows on that all the time."
     Caller: "I mean a whole show. Four hours."
     George: "I'm not gonna do four hours. That's too long."
     Huh? Too long for who? The guest? The listeners? Considering its one of his favorite subjects, I thought it was an odd, gruff, almost under his breath, comeback.

whatever

valdez

Quote from: Sardondi on January 02, 2012, 04:36:12 PM
I volunteer to be Treasurer. 

My dad once told me, when I was three, "beware the guy who volunteers to be treasurer."

Scully

... Unfortunately, it looks like only George's misbehavior can stop his evil reign. So I think we need a plan, and a fund: "The Alliance To Keep George Noory In Booze, Hookers  And Crack". How sweet it would be: an on-air blow-up when Drunk George locks himself in the control room, where he sucks on the pipe as he does an in-studio interview with a hooker about what they've done in the last 48 hours.

I have a bad cold, and I really needed a good laugh.  Thanks, Sardondi ... I'm still chuckling.  ;D

Morgus

Quote from: valdez on January 02, 2012, 05:31:29 PMGeorge: "I'm not gonna do four hours. That's too long."
     Huh? Too long for who? The guest?
Thats funny considering John B. Wells did a full four hours with motor-mouth Steve Quayle just last Friday.
Is Noory admitting he can't do what one of his fill-in hosts have done recently easily?  8)

Not to mention back in the classic 1990s period, Art Bell did FIVE hours Monday-Friday, plus 3 hours of Dreamland on Sundays.
Nowadays Noory can barely handle TWO hours with one guest, thats why he has so many shows now where he breaks it up into two separate guests. He used to call that the "floating" format...

BobGrau

Quote from: valdez on January 02, 2012, 05:36:10 PM

My dad once told me, when I was three, "beware the guy who volunteers to be treasurer."

You had a psychic dad? cool!

This.

Because millions of CTC listeners need serious, serious help. This became clear to me during the prediction shows this past weekend. Unfortunately, unlike Ian, Noory enables these idiots with his willingness to entertain any stupid theory.

hosehead

Dumb and Dumber revisited tonight, with Snoory and Dr. Laurie Ann Levin.  Oof, a though listen.  Might hit an Art Bell stream...

Gassy Man

She does come across as a flake . . . George seems to have pronounced her name two ways -- LEV-in and Le-VIN -- and didn't get it when she was asking a simple hypothetical question to suggest what is and isn't important in life and went on to talk about how he would violate local laws and stay at his post.

KnyeGuy

Quote from: Gassy Man on January 03, 2012, 01:00:04 AM
She does come across as a flake . . . George seems to have pronounced her name two ways -- LEV-in and Le-VIN -- and didn't get it when she was asking a simple hypothetical question to suggest what is and isn't important in life and went on to talk about how he would violate local laws and stay at his post.

Yeah I heard this. She asked Noory what he would take with him if a fire suddenly broke out. Of course, Georgie couldn't forsee where this question going, so he instead tells her that he wouldn't leave his mic period; he then goes on to mention that fire alarms have gone off at the studio before and he refused to leave his post.
Wow George, you're such a trooper (gag).

Please LEAVE your post, whether there's a fire or not you asswipe.

Quote from: KnyeGuy on January 03, 2012, 02:15:22 AM
She asked Noory what he would take with him if a fire suddenly broke out. Of course, Georgie couldn't forsee where this question going, so he instead tells her that he wouldn't leave his mic period; he then goes on to mention that fire alarms have gone off at the studio before and he refused to leave his post.

At least he didn't tell that story about the fire when he was a kid living above a furniture store.  It was somewhat interesting the first 5 or 6 times I heard it.

Morgus

Noory just asked his guest what is causing people's sense of doom&gloom right now.
I immediately thought its you Noory, with your constant shows with frequent guests pushing doom&gloom.  :P

2) CTC succeeds in spite of an annoyingly incompetent host.

... Now, the format isn't foolproof: a truly terrible host could kill it...

Clearly not..

Quote from: valdez on January 02, 2012, 05:31:29 PM
... Here's a exchange that occurred between  George and a caller in the last hour:

Caller: "You need to do a show on bad medicine."
     George: "I do shows on that all the time."
     Caller: "I mean a whole show. Four hours."
     George: "I'm not gonna do four hours. That's too long."

Huh? Too long for who? The guest? The listeners? Considering its one of his favorite subjects, I thought it was an odd, gruff, almost under his breath, comeback.

I agree with George.  Any amount of time he's on is too long.

stevesh

Unfortunately, it looks like only George's misbehavior can stop his evil reign.

I've been thinking that one thing that would get Noory to leave C2C would be a regular TV gig. I'm sure he considers TV superior to radio, and would, in what passes for his mind, be a bigger player if he had his own TV show. Maybe we could start contacting the networks which air C2C-type subjects and demand a Noory program.

Also, *DANGEROUS QUACK ALERT* : tonight's guest is our old pal Dr. Harvey Bigelsen, who thinks we should all swallow worthless 'homeopathic' snake oil remedies rather than see our doctors when we're sick, and will actually say so, out loud, on national radio.

WOTR

I'm kind of glad to say that I tuned into the CBC overnight while I finished the framing and electrical for an interesting feature wall / ceiling. 
Quote from: KnyeGuy on January 03, 2012, 02:15:22 AM
...so he instead tells her that he wouldn't leave his mic period; he then goes on to mention that fire alarms have gone off at the studio before and he refused to leave his post.
Wow George, you're such a trooper (gag).
The guy is so full of crap it hurts.  Is there anybody who recalls hearing him talking over a blasted fire alarm?  I don't think you could continue to broadcast live with an alarm in the background.  I'm certain that he has not "stuck it out" through a fire alarm.  (It would provide the perfect reason to toss in a "best of Noory" tape and take the night off.)  He must be trying to impress the hooker sitting next to him in the studio tonight with his machismo.  Moron.

Can anybody picture the firemen doing a sweep before sounding the all clear and coming across our hero; George?  George stick out his chest and asks why the wimp is wearing a mask and gear as our favourite broadcaster is too tough to need such crutches when faced with possible fire.  The fireman give George the thumbs up, tells him to keep up the good work and tosses a Molotov cocktail into the broadcast studio.

valdez

Quote from: Morgus on January 03, 2012, 03:29:32 AM
Noory just asked his guest what is causing people's sense of doom&gloom right now.
I immediately thought its you Noory, with your constant shows with frequent guests pushing doom&gloom.  :P

He asked that of both Laurie Levin and Laurie Nadel.  I suppose no one will answer it sufficiently enough to get him to shut up about it already.  He needs a new set of pat questions for the new year.  I have a few suggestions:

"Why is everybody so dang gone freaky?"
    "Why do some people smell so bad?"
    "Wasssuuup?"  (replacing "how are yooou?")
   "Who put the ding in the ramalama-ding-dong?"
"Where else should I build a studio?"
  "How much does your book weigh?"
"What ever happened to Fay Wray?"
"Are you going to sign up to be a Coast Insider before the end of the show?"
"If there was nothing before the Big Bang, what went 'bang'?"

11angeleyes11

More questions:

1.  Why do unicorns have horns?
2.  If the Big Bang went off, who would hear it?
3.  If I (you, we, anybody) have angel wings would we be able to fly to the end of the universe?
4.  Would you like to sign up for Coast Insider, you can hear your interview tomorrow and it will be available to  you for three years, and you will also have archived shows for three years?
5.   Is your book on Amazon, (the local book store, Kindle, the bargain bin, Goodwill, being recycled for the good of the earth, (only on a Coast goes Green show)?
6.   Do you think that something is going to happen tomorrow, I know it I feel it, I sense it?
7.   Do you believe in 2012 and how about the Tibetan calendar, Ancient Aliens will be doing a show with me as the premiere guest? (New question for the new season) . . .

VtaGeezer

Just three days into 2012 and it seems Noory is intent on plowing ever deeper into the crater.  Last night he and the guests trolled for pathetic and emotionally crippled callers.    Tonight he hosts a homeopath quack who'll tell people to ignore their real doctors and buy his "Slide Kit" for $350 so he can "recommend" which of his other quack remedies they should buy from him.   This year it appears Noory intends to take C2C from merely banal and dull to sleazy exploitation of the emotionally vulnerable.  Premiere Radio can't be this blind.  Noory's affiliate "growth" just reflects more local stations going over to computerized programming and signing on for 4 hours of free crap radio rather than dead air.  For all his BS about ratings, "Top Talk", the radio industry news, says Noory has no more listeners than Clark Howard or Bill Bennett. Premiere seems to me to be giving Noory enough rope to hang himself...actively trying to kill off C2C, perhaps to get around some contractual issues.

For me, after being a listener since Hale-Bopp "Spaceship" days, C2C weeknights is now just white noise to fall asleep by.  Even with the great creep Noory, it's hard to wean myself off it after so many years of listening to late night talk since Larry King was on from Miami.  One of these nights, C2C listeners will tune in and find a replay of the Glenn Beck Show or some other daytime AM dreck, and that's how the once great C2C run will end.

Quote from: VtaGeezer on January 04, 2012, 12:50:03 AMTonight he hosts a homeopath quack who'll tell people to ignore their real doctors and buy his "Slide Kit" for $350 so he can "recommend" which of his other quack remedies they should buy from him.   
This show is sickening