• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

coaster

I can't think of one person, celebrity or otherwise, that I'd spend 15 dollars to talk to. Waste of money.

ItsOver

Quote from: coaster on May 20, 2013, 10:34:09 AM
I can't think of one person, celebrity or otherwise, that I'd spend 15 dollars to talk to. Waste of money.

Meanwhile, Noory wants $92.81 plus a service charge for his Vancouver wing-ding.  Granted, it's "VIP gold circle seating, with the chance to meet Jorch's friends, like Tommy-boy, and Stand up finger food! ;D ::)   

http://coastgab.com/index.php/topic,4229.0.html

If this event wasn't for real, I'd think I was on the "George Noory and groupies" thread.

slipstream

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 20, 2013, 10:04:09 AM

I agree. As long as someone is of legal age, why does it matter? People are so hung up on what others are doing. That's sad. If two people are happy and find each other, than what's wrong with that?

I remember when he got married to Airyn.  People were calling Art terrible names similar to what is inferred in the post with the picture.  I guess some people don't like to see others be happy.  I am glad Art Bell found happiness after Ramona passed away.

Quote from: El Kragen on May 20, 2013, 10:22:04 AM
I checked this out after reading about FortRock's post. I'm not friends with Art on FB so when I tried to sent him a message window pops up and states for $15 they will send the message to his inbox.
Thank you for adding this.
15 bucks, Facebook is despicable. Also Art using Facebook as his news and info distribution station is pretty fucking lame too.

Quote from: MV on May 20, 2013, 09:56:21 AM

if it keeps him from dying alone and miserable in his trailer, i say fine.  we all have our differing approaches to making our way in this world.

Ya, he could have done a lot better and stayed respectable.
Holing up in his trailer there in the desert and strictly limiting himself to the ho's at the chicken ranch for the rest of his life.

Sardondi

Quote from: nooryisawesome on May 20, 2013, 12:44:28 AM
creepy...
Yeah, Art seems to have some preferences that might not bear deep scrutiny. "Legal" is one thing; "healthy" and "attractive" another entirely. But then again, unless and until the as-yet future 3rd ex-Mrs. Bell writes a book and tells us how badly she was abused and taken advantage of when an American multi-millionaire gave her a life which for 99.9% of Filipino girls of her age, education and background would be an unattainable dream of unimaginable wealth and security, it's all only speculation.

Besides, she's almost 40 years Art's junior, no? And he was a 30-year smoker until quitting not too many years ago, right? I'd say the odds are very, very good that unless she's a total harpy and displeases Art terribly (and even then she's probably entitled to no less than ½ of his estate) she stands a good chance to inherit something like 11 figures before she hits 40. Maybe before she's 35. And if smoking catches up with him, by the time she's 30.

Even if it wasn't a love match, as sadly it rarely is with Asian wives and western men, regardless of how blissfully happy the men think their wives are (like, uh, with, uh, Art) the young Filipinos look at their marriages to significantly older roundeyes as their "jobs". Their "retirement" comes after the funeral. Those are the kind of funerals where attendees tend to notice that the root of the word "funeral" is "fun".

slipstream

Quote from: General Johnson Jameson on May 20, 2013, 11:17:41 AM

Holing up in his trailer there in the desert and strictly limiting himself to the ho's at the chicken ranch for the rest of his life.

That kind of life sounds so empty

Quote from: Sardondi on May 20, 2013, 12:29:52 PM
Yeah, Art seems to have some preferences that might not bear deep scrutiny. "Legal" is one thing; "healthy" and "attractive" another entirely. But then again, unless and until the as-yet future 3rd ex-Mrs. Bell writes a book and tells us how badly she was abused and taken advantage of when an American multi-millionaire gave her a life which for 99.9% of Filipino girls of her age, education and background would be an unattainable dream of unimaginable wealth and security, it's all only speculation.

Besides, she's almost 40 years Art's junior, no? And he was a 30-year smoker until quitting not too many years ago, right? I'd say the odds are very, very good that unless she's a total harpy and displeases Art terribly (and even then she's probably entitled to no less than ½ of his estate) she stands a good chance to inherit something like 11 figures before she hits 40. Maybe before she's 35. And if smoking catches up with him, by the time she's 30.

Even if it wasn't a love match, as sadly it rarely is with Asian wives and western men, regardless of how blissfully happy the men think their wives are (like, uh, with, uh, Art) the young Filipinos look at their marriages to significantly older roundeyes as their "jobs". Their "retirement" comes after the funeral. Those are the kind of funerals where attendees tend to notice that the root of the word "funeral" is "fun".

Fillipino women take the concept of in-home care to a whole new level.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: coaster on May 20, 2013, 10:34:09 AM

Exactly. There's plenty of people I'd pay 15 bucks to never hear from again...but 15 backs to talk to. No fuckin' way.

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on May 20, 2013, 02:14:04 PM
       Exactly. There's plenty of people I'd pay 15 bucks to never hear from again...but 15 backs to talk to. No fuckin' way.

I would suspect the $15 surcharge is primarily meant to weed out much of the inconsequential mail that celebrities are bound to receive.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on May 20, 2013, 02:25:39 PM
I would suspect the $15 surcharge is primarily meant to weed out much of the inconsequential mail that celebrities are bound to receive.
If I saw Fort Rock's IP address I'd up it to $1500. He defines inconsequential male.

Filipino woman slogan:  "Gotta take a ride?"

This is in no way intended to insult people of Filipino descent.  Just a play on words to address the plight of those who marry to make a better life.  I have no idea concerning the nature of Mr. Bell's marriage.

analog kid

Quote from: slipstream on May 20, 2013, 12:58:53 PM

That kind of life sounds so empty

It's what you make of it. To me it sounds like a nice simple life with the wife and kids. He has expendable wealth and time and a hobby he's passionate about. He's in the position we all aspire to eventually achieve, isn't he?

And as far as the plight of Filipinas, were she's from, the majority of families don't have things we take for granted, like air conditioning and refrigerators, and there's economy and employment problems that far eclipses what we have. I fail to see anything negative about Art or his wife's situation.

Tara

I thank God for being a solid, middle class American.  I never had to marry a man 40 years older than me.  You're young and in your prime and for money you agree to have ongoing sex with a man old enough to be your grandfather.   Guys, don't kid yourself; young women don't enjoy it, just like you don't dream of an old, rich woman as a bed partner.  You dream of what money can buy and fake it in bed.  No I never did this, I just know human nature. 

But, everything's relative.  I'm sure people rarely marry for "love" in the third world and by marrying Art, Aryn is helping her entire extended family.  People here in the developed world have so many more options.   

analog kid

Quote from: Tara on May 20, 2013, 03:26:20 PM
I thank God for being a solid, middle class American.  I never had to marry a man 40 years older than me.  You're young and in your prime and for money you agree to have ongoing sex with a man old enough to be your grandfather.   Guys, don't kid yourself; young women don't enjoy it, just like you don't dream of an old, rich woman as a bed partner.  You dream of what money can buy and fake it in bed.  No I never did this, I just know human nature. 

But, everything's relative.  I'm sure people rarely marry for "love" in the third world and by marrying Art, Aryn is helping her entire extended family.  People here in the developed world have so many more options.

Yeah that's fucked up and point taken. Hell, I'm 40 and wouldn't marry anyone under 30, and anyone under 25 looks like a puppy to me.

MV/Liberace!

i just get tired of the whole "eww, he's a creepy old man" thing whenever an older man is with a younger woman...  as if it's some kind of unusual, devious sexual predisposition for an older man to want to fuck young women. 

it seems the people who have the biggest problem with this sort of thing usually are aging women who feel threatened by the inevitable march of time and the fact that nobody wants to fuck them... not even men in their own age group.  those, at least, were my observations watching the doug hutchison thread unfold here at cg a while back.  every response to that situation fell down a really predictable line based on who was commenting complaining the most vocally (old ladies).

I find the whole notion of aging men with wealth and power, scurrying about to find a willing youngster to marry, disturbing on so many levels.

On the other hand, I suppose it`s perfectly natural for wealthy, old men (or economically challenged men, for that matter) to fantasize about younger women. Therefore, it should come as no surprise that so many of these men end up with much younger women. especially in light of the reality a fair number of these women are perfectly willing to throw themselves at said wealthy, old men.

At the end of the day, both parties generally find themselves in a mutually beneficial arrangement. Everybody walks away a winner. Don`t believe me? Look at the smile on J Howard Marshall`s mug. And whom among us could blame him?

I watched some of the home movies of J Howard and Anna.  They both looked pretty happy to me.  I don't know why it's anyone else's business. 
I'm an "old lady" and I think she should have gotten whatever he left her. 

But I am guilty of the Doug/Courtney criticism.  I haven't seen a picture of either one of them where they look genuinely happy.  Then again, maybe they're totally blissful and made for one another.  Sometimes it's hard to tell.   ::)

Sardondi

Quote from: Sardondi on May 20, 2013, 12:29:52 PM...I'd say the odds are very, very good that unless she's a total harpy and displeases Art terribly (and even then she's probably entitled to no less than ½ of his estate) she stands a good chance to inherit something like 11 figures before she hits 40....

"II figures"?. Wow. I can't count. I meant 8, like around $10 Million.

analog kid

Quote from: MV on May 20, 2013, 05:44:27 PM
i just get tired of the whole "eww, he's a creepy old man" thing whenever an older man is with a younger woman...  as if it's some kind of unusual, devious sexual predisposition for an older man to want to fuck young women. 

it seems the people who have the biggest problem with this sort of thing usually are aging women who feel threatened by the inevitable march of time and the fact that nobody wants to fuck them... not even men in their own age group.  those, at least, were my observations watching the doug hutchison thread unfold here at cg a while back.  every response to that situation fell down a really predictable line based on who was commenting complaining the most vocally (old ladies).

There's definitely a double standard there, as older women aren't without their interests in younger men. Just look at those "Twilight Moms" - those women in their 40s who were in it for the actor who was 17 at the time. There would be theaters full of the Moms who would scream in unison every time the guy took his shirt off.

Morgus

Quote from: analog kid on May 20, 2013, 08:09:29 PM
There's definitely a double standard there, as older women aren't without their interests in younger men. Just look at those "Twilight Moms" - those women in their 40s who were in it for the actor who was 17 at the time. There would be theaters full of the Moms who would scream in unison every time the guy took his shirt off.
like Demi Moore and Cher?  8)

analog kid

Quote from: Morgus on May 20, 2013, 08:15:42 PM
like Demi Moore and Cher?  8)

And all those teachers and any other older woman who would if they could.

I think in most of the world, people generally get married for survival purposes.  Ours is one of the few cultures that sells the idea that love (or lust) is the reason to marry.  It was not so long ago that the United States was much like the rest of the world in that regard. 
My own great-great grandfather married his third wife in 1897.  He was born in 1829 and wife #3 was born in 1863 (a 34 year age difference).  Wives #1 and #2 had died and he still had kids at home to care for as well as needing assistance himself.  Fortunately he was receiving a pension for service in the Civil War in a time where money was difficult to come by.  Wife #3 obviously knew this and it probably assisted in her choice to marry.  They had children and a happy marriage.  Everyone won but I doubt there was any great love felt by either when they married.  They did learn to love one another no doubt while being married.  This is still the norm today in much of the world and given our divorce rate in the US, maybe we have it all wrong today.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Treading Water on May 20, 2013, 07:26:44 PM
But I am guilty of the Doug/Courtney criticism.  I haven't seen a picture of either one of them where they look genuinely happy. 

totally agree. 

bigchucka

Quote from: Sardondi on May 20, 2013, 12:29:52 PM

I remember when he was discussing Airyn's visa issues on the air.  He commented then that he had to show his will to the authorities.  He said on air that Airyn gets everything.  Everyone else got cut out.

Art, damn the contracts. Damn the suits.
Fire up artbell.com
Do a whenever you fucking want to webcast via realplayer, etc.
Go on and talk about the rabbits in your yard. Anything
We would probably pay for this.
Please?

VtaGeezer

Quote from: nooryisawesome on May 20, 2013, 12:44:28 AM
creepy

Perhaps not if your a Philippine woman.  She hit the email bride lotto; he's a happy 67 yr old with a very young, attractive Wife #4.  Nuff said.

Interesting article about Art and his oldest son, Vincent. This is a 2007 piece from PW magazine:

[size=78%]http://www.philadelphiaweekly.com/news-and-opinion/lost_in_space-38428459.html?page=4&comments=1&showAll=[/size]

b_dubb

Quote from: FightTheFuture on May 21, 2013, 10:52:00 AM
Interesting article about Art and his oldest son, Vincent. This is a 2007 piece from PW magazine:

[size=78%]http://www.philadelphiaweekly.com/news-and-opinion/lost_in_space-38428459.html?page=4&comments=1&showAll=[/size]
this is all very weird. this doesn't affect me. thank god

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: FightTheFuture on May 21, 2013, 03:38:28 AM

I know a lot of kids like that and just about all of them have a definite entitlement mentality. Not to say that Art is a candidate for Dad of the Year, but there are always two sides to a story.

i don't think vincent and his sister have a sense of entitlement at all.  from the conversations i had with vincent, he and his sister are waaaay past the point of wanting anything at all from art.  yeah, sure, some kids have a sense of entitlement, but some men are just awful fathers.