• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George's 10th Anniv. Celebration Show Tonight

Started by Mr. Hanky, January 06, 2013, 04:52:56 PM

Mr. Hanky

Quote from: ItsOver on January 07, 2013, 02:51:00 PM
The C2C site has at least part of the vomit-inducing poem Katherine Albrect read last night:"

"George, we know you're too humble to boast, but you're our favorite radio host. You've pickled our ears for 10 excellent years..."

Did she really say "pickled our ears" or was it "tickled our ears?"  The "pickled-our ears" is of course closer to the truth.  Maybe it was a Freudian slip on her part.

Did LMH manage to escape from the ship of fools last night?

LMH was too busy investigating the disappearance of bees in South America to be bothered with Noory's self-love fest to call in.

coaster

I'm really surprised that so many people mentioned Art Bell. Do people honestly think Art gives a shit about George or the show?

ItsOver

Quote from: Mr. Hanky on January 07, 2013, 03:00:25 PM
LMH was too busy investigating the disappearance of bees in South America to be bothered with Noory's self-love fest to call in.

That's sounds reasonable.  I thought she'd manage to avoid any opportunity for the glorification of Noory.

George, we know you're too braindead to roast
But you are a disgrace as a host
You've pickled our ears
For 10 miserable years
While you destroyed what was left of our Coast.

There, fixed that for ya Katherine.

Morgus

Quote from: UnscreenedCaller on January 07, 2013, 03:13:03 PM
You've pickled our ears
For 10 miserable years

yes, much better...  ;D

ItsOver

Quote from: UnscreenedCaller on January 07, 2013, 03:13:03 PM
You've pickled our ears
For 10 miserable years

I'd give you one Distinguished Pizza Roll Medal for that effort.

Quote from: Mr. Hanky on January 07, 2013, 03:00:25 PM

EVERYONE that called into the show last night should be banned after George is finally fired.  Of all the regulars, LMH is the only one that's even tolerable for me. 

Is it true she managed to avoid calling in?

ChewMouse

Quote from: Paper*Boy on January 07, 2013, 08:04:25 PM

EVERYONE that called into the show last night should be banned after George is finally fired.  Of all the regulars, LMH is the only one that's even tolerable for me. 

Yes, but get this: GN managed to mention that she's the only "paid" guest, since she gets a "stipend" for her trips. I think he was trying to explain away her non-call, but of course it makes no sense. She hates him.

coaster

She probably skipped calling in because she couldnt plug her website every few seconds.

ChewMouse

Quote from: coaster on January 07, 2013, 08:17:23 PM
She probably skipped calling in because she couldnt plug her website every few seconds.
Well, RCH managed to start in on his schedule (and the unveiling of the Mars info) and I believe Strieber mentioned Unknown Country, the pay-per-view site (practically) that he maintains...my favorite caller, though, was John B. Wells who bordered on rude. I forget precisely what he said but he just sounded ticked off.

McPhallus

What was with the comments on Tommy and the bunny costume?  George is a goddamn FURRY!

ChewMouse

Quote from: McPhallus on January 07, 2013, 08:31:05 PM
What was with the comments on Tommy and the bunny costume?  George is a goddamn FURRY!
I suspect George has many perversions, the furry thing being but one.

On Tommy the Bunny, though, I admit I could not say for sure George was kidding. He explained the ear flopping over Tommy's face and George has no imagination, so I wondered if it was true. Then I thought no....then I quit thinking anything, as so often happens when I try to listen.

So was Tommy a bunny or not?

ItsOver

Quote from: Paper*Boy on January 07, 2013, 08:04:25 PM

LMH gets positive points in my book by managing to avoid the sickening sycophantic fraud-fest.

Did anyone credible or at least semi-credible, such as Michio Kaku, call in last night?  My guess would be, of course not.  The only regular C2C guests left are a pile of obvious shamless frauds and con men.

Sardondi

Quote from: ItsOver on January 07, 2013, 09:23:33 PM

LMH gets positive points in my book by managing to avoid the sickening sycophantic fraud-fest.....

I 'm not really a big fan of LMH and her style of affecting breathless wonder over anything more mysterious than the regular removal of garbage, but I do think she is 1) intelligent, 2) a capable writer and speaker and 3) not necessarily a shill for George Noory.

I don't know if she ever felt very warmly toward George, but if she did, that ended the night he "joked" with her about being fired from C2C. I listened live that night as George played one of his "jokes" that was funny only if you thought inflicting emotional distress and pain was funny, as George obviously thinks (I forget if it was April Fool's Day or just George feeling extra funny). He intro'd LMH by saying it was her "final appearance on C2C". He played it absolutely straight, and LMH had no warning from his attitude or statement, which showed in her flustered response. She was plainly upset and thrown off balance, and even after George said joke-funny-haha, she was off her game. You could tell she was almost speechless over why in the world he would have done something like that. George thought it was the most hilarious thing - almost as good as the time he tied two cats together by their tails and then set them on fire, teehee!

But LMH remembered. I think there is no love lost.

Elflord

Last night show SUCK. it was more like a good bye show then a 10 year mark show. i listen to the podcast of the show. just for your info and if george the fucking loser reads this post, I'M done with Coast to Coast am. You George put the last FUCKING NAIL in to the once proud show. you george are a fucking loser. I hope that your happy that you killed the best show on the radio. good bye

Morgus

Quote from: ItsOver on January 07, 2013, 09:23:33 PM
Did anyone credible or at least semi-credible, such as Michio Kaku, call in last night?  My guess would be, of course not.  The only regular C2C guests left are a pile of obvious shamless frauds and con men.
stanton friedman did

Juan

Quote from: Sardondi on January 07, 2013, 10:24:46 PM
I listened live that night as George played one of his "jokes" that was funny only if you thought inflicting emotional distress and pain was funny, as George obviously thinks (I forget if it was April Fool's Day or just George feeling extra funny). He intro'd LMH by saying it was her "final appearance on C2C". He played it absolutely straight, and LMH had no warning from his attitude or statement, which showed in her flustered response. She was plainly upset and thrown off balance, and even after George said joke-funny-haha, she was off her game. You could tell she was almost speechless over why in the world he would have done something like that.
I heard that night, too.  It was April Fool's Day, unless I am mistaken.  She clearly took him seriously and then got angry about it.  She has been merely civil towards him since, but I don't think sNoory notices.  Something beyond mere suckage is wrong with him.

ItsOver

Quote from: Morgus on January 08, 2013, 12:18:19 AM
stanton friedman did

I'll give you Stanton, Morgus.  One out of a pile of refuse.

ItsOver

Quote from: Sardondi on January 07, 2013, 10:24:46 PM
I 'm not really a big fan of LMH and her style of affecting breathless wonder over anything more mysterious than the regular removal of garbage, but I do think she is 1) intelligent, 2) a capable writer and speaker and 3) not necessarily a shill for George Noory.

I don't know if she ever felt very warmly toward George, but if she did, that ended the night he "joked" with her about being fired from C2C. I listened live that night as George played one of his "jokes" that was funny only if you thought inflicting emotional distress and pain was funny, as George obviously thinks (I forget if it was April Fool's Day or just George feeling extra funny). He intro'd LMH by saying it was her "final appearance on C2C". He played it absolutely straight, and LMH had no warning from his attitude or statement, which showed in her flustered response. She was plainly upset and thrown off balance, and even after George said joke-funny-haha, she was off her game. You could tell she was almost speechless over why in the world he would have done something like that. George thought it was the most hilarious thing - almost as good as the time he tied two cats together by their tails and then set them on fire, teehee!

But LMH remembered. I think there is no love lost.

That Jorch.  Such a hoot.  ::)   I actually don't mind listening when LMH is on.  She's busy droning on in a recording about a crop circle, a pyramid in Alaska, etc. while Jorch keeps his yap shut most of the time.  The best part of all.

Falkie2013

" The C2C site has at least part of the vomit-inducing poem Katherine Albrect read last night:"

"George, we know you're too humble to boast, but you're our favorite radio host. You've pickled our ears for 10 excellent years..."

Did she really say "pickled our ears" or was it "tickled our ears?"  The "pickled-our ears" is of course closer to the truth.  Maybe it was a Freudian slip on her part.

Did LMH manage to escape from the ship of fools last night?"

After 10 years of listening to Snoory, my ears feel like they've been pickled.

And its interesting that the Art Bell show I'm listening to is one where Art is talking about gun control and a woman suing the families of a shooters who killed people in a gun store robbery.

Some things don't change, do they ?

DAE

Don't mean to bump this thread.  I forgot to comment weeks ago.  It sort of bugged me that George called this his 10 year anniversary show as host, but way too many times he worded this as the 10 year anniversary of Coast to Coast AM itself... excluding the Art Bell years.