• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151006 - Prof. Ronald Mallett - Time Travel - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, October 06, 2015, 08:01:38 PM

pate

My past is disturbed, does that mean I will travel time in the future??

Quote from: pate on October 07, 2015, 12:45:06 AM
Judging from the calls, I'd say the low page count here is more a sign of engagement with the show.  People are paying attention and not typing bs about burritos and such...

Honestly I find this show to be very dry and the energy is all down so it doesn't really promote a fun thread. But this isn't my type of show.

pate

Light isn't really a particle, so how would you do particle physics with lasers?

BobGrau

Quote from: pate on October 07, 2015, 12:47:28 AM
My past is disturbed, does that mean I will travel time in the future??

No, it'll be the Present by then. 

pate

Love it, Art put the mute-hammer down on the caller.  Or hung up.

Mild Bill

Quote from: pate on October 07, 2015, 12:48:56 AM
Light isn't really a particle, so how would you do particle physics with lasers?

Light is both a particle and a wave.

BobGrau

I'm personally enjoying the show a great deal, the guest's voice is a little quiet compared to Art's, is all.

pate

Leave a fingernail or something genetic behind when you travel back in time, there's your verification.

SaucyRossy

Tonight on Other Side of Midnight, we talk to Michael Cremo, also known as the ‘forbidden archeologist’.

http://othersideofmidnight.com/tue-oct-6-michael-cremo/

Join us on the other side after Art!
http://bellgab.com/index.php/topic,8014.msg539467/boardseen.html#new

He made a lot more sense tonight than when he was trying to answer Noory's stupid questions.

BobGrau

Quote from: SaucyRossy on October 07, 2015, 12:53:56 AM
Tonight on Other Side of Midnight, we talk to Michael Cremo, also known as the ‘forbidden archeologist’.

http://othersideofmidnight.com/tue-oct-6-michael-cremo/

Join us on the other side after Art!
http://bellgab.com/index.php/topic,8014.msg539467/boardseen.html#new

Nice! I wish Art would sit in with Hoagland for the first hour now and then.

akwilly

Got to listen to my first Art show since sirius radio days. Wow what intelligent callers and one hell of guest. Real science people are the best to have on, and the topic of time travel is one of my favorite.

ZomZom

Anyone know what the song was that was played coming back from the 1am Eastern break?  It was a bumper song I haven't heard Art play before.

ZomZom

Quote from: ZomZom on October 07, 2015, 06:35:14 AM
Anyone know what the song was that was played coming back from the 1am Eastern break?  It was a bumper song I haven't heard Art play before.
Listening to the archive now.  You can hear a bit of the song at the 47-minute mark.

Edit: Just found it (Capsize by Big Black Delta) in this thread which I didn't know existed.  Thank you so much for this Dyna-X!

I love that a 70-year-old guy is keeping up with music.  Go Art!

GravitySucks

Quote from: pate on October 07, 2015, 12:48:56 AM
A photon is an elementary particle. Don't know if that answers your question.

pumaman

Dear Dr. Mallett:

Einstein's non-linear partial differential equations for general relativity has a virtually unlimited number of solutions.  Your  "revelation" is that you cherry picked one solution that could allow for time travel using  a cyclic laser beam arrangement.  However, as you well know Olum and Everett has shown that your laser would have to be larger than the actual size of known universe, amongst other practically impossible if not absurd physical assumptions.

I listened to your interview for approximately 11.5 minutes.  Then I turned it off and went to last weeks human insect hybrid show.

Best regards,
Dr. Brinton Corb
Pahrump, Nv 89048

twiki

Quote from: pumaman on October 07, 2015, 07:43:29 PM
Dear Dr. Mallett:

Einstein's non-linear partial differential equations for general relativity has a virtually unlimited number of solutions.  Your  "revelation" is that you cherry picked one solution that could allow for time travel using  a cyclic laser beam arrangement.  However, as you well know Olum and Everett has shown that your laser would have to be larger than the actual size of known universe, amongst other practically impossible if not absurd physical assumptions.

I listened to your interview for approximately 11.5 minutes.  Then I turned it off and went to last weeks human insect hybrid show.

Best regards,
Dr. Brinton Corb
Pahrump, Nv 89048

Nerd Zing!

pumaman

Absolutely.  However I do not look like that particular individual in your photograph. 

twiki

Quote from: pumaman on October 07, 2015, 08:14:20 PM
Absolutely.  However I do not look like that particular individual in your photograph.

Oh so you're a badass then. Gotcha.