• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Quote from: TigerLily on May 17, 2018, 12:11:25 AM
My neighbor has a painting done by her aunt of an owl. I swear, you look at that owl and it's like looking at a grey. Hard to describe why but really gives that impression. I can't help but think it came from her subconscious. Creepy

Exactly.  There are many similarities.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 17, 2018, 12:12:29 AM
You'd have to read Hopkins Missing Time to understand it.  An owl is being substituted as an image for the grey aliens. Crocodiles and ostriches are not natural to North American landscapes.  Maybe in Australia.

Ah, they're from countries where people haven't heard the abduction mythos, and thus don't generally claim to get abducted.

Grabbed the first image I could. How's this instead:

PrairieGhost

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on May 17, 2018, 12:10:43 AM
Whitley has no idea what he believes. He said on Heater's show that he subjected himself to a polygraph test to make sure he wasn't lying to himself.

Please tell me that's a joke.... I can't tell anymore.

Bluejay

Quote from: WOTR on May 17, 2018, 12:00:22 AM
And I was afraid that it could not get any better.  I really don't know what is left.  Phones and phone lines repossessed, Art smoking on the ceiling, and now MV2 filing charges.  Comedy gold.

TigerLily

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on May 17, 2018, 12:09:12 AM
Why would an alien be interested in an owl? Why not a crocodile or an ostrich?

The eyes. A human would translate to a mundane creature. Not that I'm buying any of this. Of course not

teknoslag

Quote from: Sumthins Goin On on May 17, 2018, 12:14:37 AM
Grabbed the first image I could. How's this instead:

Okay, now you're forgiven. My body consists of 75% Dr. Pepper, and no generic knockoff can ever measure up.  ;D

albrecht

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on May 17, 2018, 12:09:12 AM
Why would an alien be interested in an owl? Why not a crocodile or an ostrich?
Because owls can fly. Duh.  ;)
Plus various mythologies to "use" against us...

dsz

If there is an Art Bell impersonator out there I'm going to need...

"From a ceiling in the high desert into your home, you're floating into the night with Heather Wade and Midnight in the Desert".

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: PrairieGhost on May 17, 2018, 12:15:00 AM
Please tell me that's a joke.... I can't tell anymore.

No, he actually said that. I don't know if he was joking or what, but he said it on Monday's "show".

Exile

I used to be a big fan of Heather.  Used to be are the operative words here.

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on May 17, 2018, 12:14:28 AM
Ah, they're from countries where people haven't heard the abduction mythos, and thus don't generally claim to get abducted.

Missing Time was about an American case.  This case was at the very beginning of the abduction phenomenon for the most part. Only the Betty and Barney Hill case predated it in popular culture. So no mythos at this point.

Dyna-X

Mike has got a great story about a grey alien that morphs into an owl while telepathically saying "Owl, Owl, Owl, Owl." Then the being runs off into the woods.

PrairieGhost

Quote from: dsz on May 17, 2018, 12:16:12 AM

"From a ceiling in the high desert into your home, you're floating into the night with Heather Wade and Midnight in the Desert".

Funny you posted that because I was looking for one out there on youtube. I figured there had to be some. I found nothing.

GravitySucks

Pay Falkie $10 he’ll probably do it.

PrairieGhost

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on May 17, 2018, 12:16:24 AM
No, he actually said that. I don't know if he was joking or what, but he said it on Monday's "show".

HA! Can this insanity get any better?

GravitySucks

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 17, 2018, 12:17:38 AM
Missing Time was about an American case.  This case was at the very beginning of the abduction phenomenon for the most part. Only the Betty and Barney Hill case predated it in popular culture. So no mythos at this point.

I thought there was abduction case before the Hill’s. In the 50’s.

I guess that was Brazil

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antônio_Vilas_Boas

David Weatherly is a cool guy.  I follow his work with The Society of The Supernatural.  They have a youtube page.

dsz

Quote from: teknoslag on May 17, 2018, 12:10:17 AM
Oh, dude... take it easy.

Generic Kroger soda is the shit.

If by shit you mean poison, then yes...

I was addicted to the big K canned sweet tea as a teenager. Not sure how I'm not dead.

teknoslag

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ58meXNBRE

Black-eyed kids. Owls. Creepy stuff! O_o

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 17, 2018, 12:19:17 AM
I thought there was abduction case before the Hill’s. In the 50’s.

I think there may have been but I never followed it.  Seemed phony to me if I remember it correctly.  Too far-out.  Like a bad 50's sci-fi movie.

sydtron

Quote from: Sumthins Goin On on May 17, 2018, 12:08:27 AM

BIG K REPRESENT!! Wuuuuuuuuut?!?! Only the finest for Midwestern BBQs with soccer moms and dads with cut off jean shorts. Right up there with Shasta!!

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 17, 2018, 12:17:38 AM

That's the weird thing. When you leave North and South America and go into cultures where they haven't heard of abductions, the abductions don't seem to happen. Only when the mythos comes into the culture do abductions appear to occur. There's also shifts in how UFOs are perceived over time in the culture, they started as airships and then discs, then triangles and so on. Fraser Cain from Universe Today did a great video on that:

https://youtu.be/iwGJ44ywvpo