• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Spookcat

Quote from: TigerLily on May 15, 2018, 11:08:22 PM
No slur intended. I too have a cat or two. Just an observation on her demeanor. But I bet she has at least one

Btw Welcome to Bellgab. Post often

No slur taken, I'm always distracted by cats. Scrolling through and that's the word that popped out.

Dyna-X

Quote from: Sean92008 on May 15, 2018, 10:40:35 PM
Heather and her crew tried to blame LMN (sic) for the distortion.  Yet, tonight she's feeding her recording to test the line (based on their own words)... 

Conclusion:  She pegged the meter.  It was her incompetence.  You'd think 2 years of practice would have gotten her further along if she was paying attention.
I wonder if she set her dual band-compresser limiter wrong and then it went through LMN's equipment and was worsened (amplifying the effect).
The dropouts are a separate problem entirely.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Royal_Tenenbaum on May 15, 2018, 11:11:35 PM
The key, dear Chet, is to take the screen cap with your phone. Just like one of Heater's tech wizard minions would.

Or commission you to draw one for him.

Lilith

Quote from: Royal_Tenenbaum on May 15, 2018, 11:07:44 PM
Dave, what did the guest see during her NDE? What has she heard others commonly see? I only saw a black void with a burning purple circle.

You got a shoutout  ;D

albrecht

Quote from: ItsTelly on May 15, 2018, 10:11:48 PM
Indeed, the questions you asked are serious ones, and ones for Bruce to answer and Bruce alone. 

You should also ask if you should refinance your mortgage on your vacation house in an adjacent state your mother in law lives in full time.  Bruce was all wise in such matters. Also franchising...

Ponderous...too bad we don't live in Canada and can pull in the station. Do they stream?

Telly
What is weird is I enjoyed listening to Bruce on such topics even when I, sorry a friend didn't even had, questions on mortgages, time-shares, and the like.

teknoslag

At least Dave knows how to keep the show going, regardless of the guest. But I'd rather hear more anal probers from Weebers than listen to any more of this lady.

Spookcat

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 15, 2018, 11:12:18 PM
A cat or two??????

My mother-in-law has twelve cats and two dogs.

Sean92008

Quote from: dsz on May 15, 2018, 11:11:21 PM
Would it surprise you to know an hour in and her repeat is still beating Dave on TalkStreamLive. We may have underestimated the power of Heather.

#StillWinning... ... somehow

Never touched talkstream live.  What about TuneIn?

Talkstream 50k downloads
TuneIn 100M downloads.

WOTR

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 15, 2018, 10:59:52 PM
You have a jetski and not a snow machine?
Do skis count as "snow machines?"

Quote from: TigerLily on May 15, 2018, 11:08:22 PM
No slur intended. I too have a cat or two. Just an observation on her demeanor. But I bet she has at least one

Btw Welcome to Bellgab. Post often

I also have 2. One is a black cat.  Be perfect with your avatar.  He's a sweetie but rather high-strung especially with the other cat around.  His name is Mikey (Life cereal) and our tabby is Dewey.  I was not responsible for the names.  :-[ We once had another black cat named Boris (which I did name) but he met an unfortunate end.  We call Dewey, Pewey, because he stunk when we adopted him from some in-laws.  Cute kitten that had been homeless.  He's a real sweetie too but always hungry.

TigerLily

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 15, 2018, 11:12:18 PM
A cat or two??????

Yep. Generally speaking. Set up the litter boxes before the wedding

kent_flarp

Quote from: Royal_Tenenbaum on May 15, 2018, 11:11:35 PM
The key, dear Chet, is to take the screen cap with your phone. Just like one of Heater's tech wizard minions would.

Whoa, whoa, whoa... I said I'm a developer. I never said I was on THAT level.

I feel like this lady is repeating and rambling.

I never spoke that phrase after mine.

Quote from: kent_flarp on May 15, 2018, 11:16:23 PM
Whoa, whoa, whoa... I said I'm a developer. I never said I was on THAT level.
So, basically, I have to look at the after effects.

GravitySucks

Quote from: WOTR on May 15, 2018, 11:14:47 PM
Do skis count as "snow machines?"

What is amazing is I got used to swimming in that frigid shit when I was stationed in Plattsburgh but now I don’t go in a pool or the gulf until it is 78. Water temp. Not air temp. I wear a shortie at my fitness center because they keep the indoor pool at 74-76.

kent_flarp

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 15, 2018, 11:13:14 PM
Or commission you to draw one for him.

There really should be a gallery of hand drawn "perfect posts" here.

Quote from: Étouffée on May 15, 2018, 11:18:00 PM
So, basically, I have to look at the after effects.
Even in web development!

I see purple circles.
I must be dead.

chefist

I think Dave shook the guest up a little bit...her voice was quivering. She might just get snowball questions on other shows and not be prepared to argue a critical question...even one as polite as, Dave.

...but she's hanging in there.

Sean92008

Quote from: PetePistolwhip on May 15, 2018, 11:17:14 PM
I feel like this lady is repeating and rambling.

I'm not getting that but, if she were, she's more pleasant to listen to than that Adair guy.

dsz

Quote from: Sean92008 on May 15, 2018, 11:14:37 PM
Never touched talkstream live.  What about TuneIn?

Talkstream 50k downloads
TuneIn 100M downloads.

I don't see either in their trending sections.

Bluejay

Quote from: Pizzapunch on May 15, 2018, 06:29:29 PM
From my experience with her show last night I'd guess LNM network came with a built in 30 second dump button

Quote from: kent_flarp on May 15, 2018, 11:18:35 PM
There really should be a gallery of hand drawn "perfect posts" here.
I want to draw one now. Link me to a "perfect post".

Spookcat

Quote from: chefist on May 15, 2018, 11:18:54 PM
I think Dave shook the guest up a little bit...her voice was quivering. She might just get snowball questions on other shows and not be prepared to argue a critical question...even one as polite as, Dave.

...but she's hanging in there.

I keep getting a mental image of Sherlocks' Mrs. Hudson in my head with her voice....or sweet little church lady.

yoursongs

I am a fan of Dave's, but this guest (Atwater) is boring me to tears for some reason.  Gotta be honest, sorry.

Nobody

David Shrader: Can you please ask the guest what advice she would give to someone looking to ease their own death?  To ease the death of someone else?

(Besides buy her books I mean.)  ;)