• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

Gd5150

Quote from: 21st Century Man on September 05, 2017, 01:13:02 PM
That is laying it on a bit thick.  I'm good with his agenda but he needs to learn to control his fucking temper.

8) agreed. He needs to realize Washington is not an internet discussion board/twittersphere. They live in a world where everything is provided to them, and their fellow noblemen are "distinguished representatives" and "good friends".

He needs to go to the establishment in DC, in front of cameras and the country and tell them:

Quote"There's a difference between us. You think the people of this country exist to provide you with position. I think your position exists to provide those people with freedom. And I go to make sure that they have it." - William Wallace (Braveheart)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on September 05, 2017, 01:20:20 PM
You get so touchy when people don't fall into lockstep with your beliefs.

You're just confusing triggered with the ability to argue forcefully for something.  ;)

Quote from: paladin1991 on September 05, 2017, 01:30:56 PM
And you see, that's what I don't get.  I would have thought that Mattis would have put the smack down on everyone, the Pres included.  But then, after my internal knee jerk reaction, I thought it through.  Mattis is the SecDef.   Not the President.  Not the First Lady.  Not Chief of Staff.  He is the SecDef and works that position as is to be expected.  As a Marine, He is the epitome of Chain of Command and the respect that goes with it.  I would guess that he has offered his counsel more than he is asked. 

Trump does need to act more Presidential.   I was shocked at the Tweeting fm the very get go.  'WTF?'  I thought to myself, 'What is this, 6th grade?'  But that cat is as addicted to his phone as the rest of the population.  A Pres takes flack fm the opposition.  When he goes 'off script' it gives the opposition more chances at increasing their fire.  And his staff?  Fucking idiots for the most part.  Doing verbal face palms doesn't help the cause.  They should be taken out by Mattis and introduced to the 'knife hand.'

That is where I question his leadership.  He has not chosen the brightest people to be on his White House staff.  Yeah, I have problems with Trump but he is still better than Hillary.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Gd5150 on September 05, 2017, 01:36:04 PM
8) agreed. He needs to realize Washington is not an internet discussion board/twittersphere. They live in a world where everything is provided to them, and their fellow noblemen are "distinguished representatives" and "good friends".

He needs to go to the establishment in DC, in front of cameras and the country and tell them:

Eh? He thought Andrew Jackson was around in the civil war and Frederick Douglass was still alive..You expect him to quote from a film too? How cruel are you?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Gd5150 on September 05, 2017, 01:36:04 PM

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 05, 2017, 01:38:35 PM
You're just confusing triggered with the ability to argue forcefully for something.  ;)

You always come up with something like this when you get triggered. lol.  It's all good though.  :D ;)

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on September 05, 2017, 12:25:53 PM

NO, the Republican party chose him as their candidate, even though they knew he was a fraud and completely out of his depth. You chose to vote for a rep who was Republican.

''The Party'' doesn't choose the candidate, the people who vote in the primaries do.  In most states those registering as Rs vote in the R party, and same with the Ds.  Some states allow crossover votes - anyone can vote in either primary, as long as they only vote once. 

Each state has certain election rules (see Constitution, US).  The Parties are private organizations, not government agencies, and as such they have their own rules as well.  But anyone can register to voteor be a candidate in any party, there are no qualification reguirements, just sign up when you register.

That means ''The Party'' (leaders, insiders, donors, office holders, the organization itself, etc) doesn't choose - who runs, or who wins.

As far as ''the party choosing the candidate'', that used to be the case when the party big shots in each state would gather and choose without input from the voters, then nominate the candidate at the national convention.  The ''smoke filled back rooms'' choosing candidates were phased out in the early 1900s on a state by state basis.

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on September 05, 2017, 01:52:56 PM
The Party doesn't choose the candidate, the people who vote in the primaries do.  In most states those registering as Rs vote in the R party, and same with the Ds.  Some states allow crossover votes - anyone can vote in either primary, as long as they only vote once.  Anyone can register to be in any party, there are no qualification reguirements, just sign up when you register. 

The Party's are private organizations, and as such they have their own rules as well.

As far as ''the party choosing the candidate'', that used to be the case when the party big shots in each state would gather and choose without input from the voters, then nominate the candidate at the national convention.  The ''smoke filled back rooms'' choosing candidates were phased out in the early 1900s on a state by state basis.

Like you've said, in many states they have the open primary and Democrats can wreak havoc on a Republican primary if it is to their advantage and Republicans can do the same though Republicans have not really liked to play dirty like that.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on September 05, 2017, 01:52:56 PM
''The Party'' doesn't choose the candidate, the people who vote in the primaries do.  In most states those registering as Rs vote in the R party, and same with the Ds.  Some states allow crossover votes - anyone can vote in either primary, as long as they only vote once. 

Each state has certain election rules (see Constitution, US).  The Parties are private organizations, not government agencies, and as such they have their own rules as well.  But anyone can register to voteor be a candidate in any party, there are no qualification reguirements, just sign up when you register.

That means ''The Party'' (leaders, insiders, donors, office holders, the organization itself, etc) doesn't choose - who runs, or who wins.

So it is your fault then?

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on September 05, 2017, 02:04:52 PM
So it is your fault then?

I'm not registered in either party, and can't vote for candidates in primaries. 

It doesn't matter though, California's primary is towards the end so by the time it comes up, the nominee has been decided.  They're all out here asking for money though

Quote from: K_Dubb on September 05, 2017, 12:37:43 PM

You don't really get the primary system, do you?

I'm sure it's been explained over and over.

Ask him how many people cast a ballot for the Prime Minister.

Yorkshire pud

The corner Trump has painted himself into is one of numbers, and his very small circle of close advisers. Miller...Who he? Well, he's a nazi sympathiser who makes no secret of his attitude to anyone who isn't just like him. His daughter and son in law who he said wouldn't be working for him...Yeah? What happened there? Neither has any aptitude for anything that wasn't given to them. And Jared was given about ten jobs to do including solving the ME continuous war....And that is just one of his jobs! 

Then the 34%-36% who actually think he's doing a good job. Because it means the other 66-64% don't think he is or haven't answered. And he has no interest whatsoever in making himself popular to anyone who doesn't already love him, unconditionally. As far as he's concerned they're not even worth considering. Why is that a problem? Because its diminishing returns. That 34% will go down unless hell freezes over, and his rallies will draw fewer, to whom he will go to to get the adoration he craves.

So who does he represent? As far as he's concerned whoever loves him because he has no connection otherwise. And that is what he thinks being POTUS is.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on September 05, 2017, 02:13:25 PM
I'm not registered in either party, and can't vote for candidates in primaries. 

It doesn't matter though, California's primary is towards the end so by the time it comes up, the nominee has been decided.  They're all out here asking for money though

That is the corruption of politics.

K_Dubb

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on September 05, 2017, 02:15:31 PM
I'm sure it's been explained over and over.

Ask him how many people cast a ballot for the Prime Minister.

I am sure we can not expect a mere furrner to grasp the nuances of American politics right away.  In practical terms, Pud, we like our presidents to have a common touch rather than being simple party functionaries.  Look at the series of drones your system throws up.

As a protection against demagogues like Trump, a certain amount of friction is built into the system that must confound the casual observer, though sagacious old souls know this a feature and not a bug.  The idea is to keep the government so distracted by turf battles that only measures with significant popular support get to pass. 

Quote from: K_Dubb on September 05, 2017, 02:26:55 PM
I am sure we can not expect a mere furrner to grasp the nuances of American politics right away.  In practical terms, Pud, we like our presidents to have a common touch rather than being simple party functionaries.  Look at the series of drones your system throws up.

As a protection against demagogues like Trump, a certain amount of friction is built into the system that must confound the casual observer, though sagacious old souls know this a feature and not a bug.  The idea is to keep the government so distracted by turf battles that only measures with significant popular support get to pass.

Like Obamacare?  ;) Good point though and I agree for the most part.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: K_Dubb on September 05, 2017, 02:26:55 PM

Bollocks. You elect cretins, sleazeballs and doddery vulgarians - all of them reassuringly white. Then you elect a coffee coloured guy and half the country has a collective conniption. We elected a woman (of sorts) a guy with little formal education, and even a bloody Scot, despite my strong protests. So sod off!

K_Dubb

Quote from: 21st Century Man on September 05, 2017, 02:33:24 PM
Like Obamacare?  ;) Good point though and I agree for the most part.

Yes, Obamacare is a good example.  Not necessarily the specific mechanics of that law, but the idea that we should subsidize the underinsured and people with pre-existing conditions.  The reason Rs couldn't repeal it, though most of them would love to, is that it would be politically dangerous to leave those people hanging no matter how shitty their current system is.  The people wouldn't stand for it.

If both parties would realize the question of "should" is settled and focus on "how", it'd lower the temperature considerably and we might even get something decent.  I don't think the people particularly care how it is done.

K_Dubb

Quote from: SredniVashtar on September 05, 2017, 02:38:41 PM
Bollocks. You elect cretins, sleazeballs and doddery vulgarians - all of them reassuringly white. Then you elect a coffee coloured guy and half the country has a collective conniption. We elected a woman (of sorts) a guy with little formal education, and even a bloody Scot, despite my strong protests. So sod off!

Two words:  Gordon Brown

Speaking of cretins.  Remember Harold Wilson?  What a piece of work he was.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: 21st Century Man on September 05, 2017, 02:53:51 PM
Speaking of cretins.  Remember Harold Wilson?  What a piece of work he was.

Wilson was one of the most brilliant minds of his generation.

Gd5150

We elected a successful business man. An unknown writer for his college newspaper. A governor and business man. A governor and womanizer. A senator and director of CIA, and a great leader and proponent of conservatism that single handledly saved the United States from failing under the policies of the left and Jimmy carter.

Other than the occasional leftwing anomaly that slips through because of his superficial skin color, our presidential election is based on the person with the best experience, leadership skills, and ideas for the country. A country ruled by the people, not royalty and noblemen.

And now we have a man who was chosen despite the political/media. establishment. A man by the people for the people. That man?

The 45th President of the United States, Donald Franklin Milhous Wilson Reagan Trump

Quote from: SredniVashtar on September 05, 2017, 02:57:44 PM

Obviously everyone in Britain didn't agree with that assessment.

K_Dubb

Quote from: SredniVashtar on September 05, 2017, 02:58:18 PM
We didn't elect him.

So?  He was still, in my unfortunate choice of words, thrown up (here in the sense of vomited forth) by your system.  Anyway, you were for Corbyn; I do not take your appraisals seriously.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: SredniVashtar on September 05, 2017, 02:57:44 PM

His own PPS said he never knowingly put country before party! LOL

SredniVashtar

Quote from: 21st Century Man on September 05, 2017, 03:06:15 PM
Obviously everyone in Britain didn't agree with that assessment.

Nobody questions Wilson was a brilliant man. Whether he was a good PM or not is a matter of opinion.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Gd5150 on September 05, 2017, 03:03:05 PM
And now we have a man who thinks he's royalty was chosen despite the political/media. establishment. A man by the people for the people. That man? him being a child.

[Image is so preposterous as to not even be funny, he couldn't fight himself out of a wet paper bag

Better.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: K_Dubb on September 05, 2017, 03:08:00 PM
So?  He was still, in my unfortunate choice of words, thrown up (here in the sense of vomited forth) by your system.  Anyway, you were for Corbyn; I do not take your appraisals seriously.

He emerged briefly, and then was submerged at the ballot box. I'm not a Corbyn supporter, but he was better than May. And he's not a drone. Make your mind up.