• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: albrecht on April 13, 2018, 09:27:10 PM
My concern is proof of the chemical attack. It could be, maybe it likely was, Assad. But what if a rouge commander, ISIS, "rebels",or other 'conspiracy theories' involving other  countries with motivation. A pretty simple weapon that, in the chemical- maybe not delivery (how was it delivered?- made with the chemicals I use for the pool or household chemicals. And what is the goal? Totally to remove Assad? If so more than a few airstrikes would be needed and that almost definitely brings Russia and Iran 'into the mix?' And totally destabilizing the region would help "humanitarian goals?" as it worked so well elsewhere?

What does it matter, al when people won't even look at any evidence counter to their narrative because they've already labelled it "conspiracy theory" before any investigation has been done?!

albrecht

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on April 13, 2018, 09:29:40 PM
Do you know what was in the TPP?  I don't.  I don't follow various huge bills - especially trade bills and tax bills - as they wind their way through the process, because they morph and change and end up with all sorts of differences from when they started. 

All I know about it is the media was more interested in telling us who was for it and who was against it.  Their reasoning was certain Ds were right to be for it, other Ds were right to be against it, certain Rs were wrong to be for it, and other Rs were wrong to be against it.

What we did know was it was most of the Pacific Rim lined up against our common enemy China.

Not knowing much about this one, let me help you out a little with trade deals in general.

Trade is good.
The US is a major manufacturer and exporter, if not the top manufacturer and exporter.
We almost surely export more food than anyone.
We can't really have true free trade, due to the disparity of labor costs and laws, environmental laws, safely laws, investment climate, types of governments/economic systems, etc

In other words, we need agreements that manage trade.  But we need to ensure they benefit us - our workers, our businesses, our farmers, our consumers, our tax base, and so on.  It would be nice if the included upgrades to worker rules and environmental laws in our agreement partners countries.  And legal protection of our intellectual property.

I know you are a black/white thinker (to use the term loosely), easily led by alarmists who need YouTube views, and as such you're programmed to believe all trade deals are bad. 

But let's just see what the agreement is.  It's good that the others joined and created the TPP without us, so we can negotiate with just one group - the TPP - rather than each of the various members individually.  It would be a very good thing to have a trade group that presented China with a united front, since they seem to evade their WTO commitments with impunity.
This could be a good development with regard to the tariff issues and trade negotiations:
https://www.wsj.com/articles/japan-hopes-rare-earth-find-will-give-it-an-edge-against-china-1523446948?mod=nwsrl_world_news_briefs&cx_refModule=nwsrl

Quote from: analog kid on April 13, 2018, 09:20:22 PM
This ridiculous cunt. What is even going on with this forum?

We either have an actual Trumptard on the loose, or more likely - since they were thought to be mythical imagined caricatures until now - a left-winger pretending to be one.

albrecht

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 13, 2018, 09:31:03 PM
What does it matter, al when people won't even look at any evidence counter to their narrative because they've already labelled it "conspiracy theory" before any investigation has been done?!
Another problem is that technology has 'caught up' to the theories being taught in philosophy departments for decades about post-modernism and truth being a perspective or narrative. If a real investigation happened would anyone believe, depending on their 'world view,' especially now with technology almost anything can be made to look 'true?'

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on April 13, 2018, 09:32:53 PM
We either have an actual Trumptard on the loose, or more likely - since they were thought to be mythical imagined caricatures until now - a left-winger pretending to be one.

The Democrats like Oprah were right. We just have to wait for the bad people like you to die now. That's probably gonna happen soon now while you're armchair quarterbacking it here on Bellgab. Talk about ridiculous cunts! ::)

Gd5150

Quote from: albrecht on April 13, 2018, 09:23:17 PM
"10:35 p.m. A highly placed Russian politician is likening President Donald Trump to Adolf Hitler after the launch of airstrikes against Syria, and says he regards the action as a move against Russia.
Alexander Sherin, deputy head of the State Duma’s defense committee, says Trump “can be called Adolf Hitler No. 2 of our time â€" because, you see, he even chose the time that Hitler attacked the Soviet Union.”

Which honorable demokkkrat said that? Oh that’s right, all
Of them.

Dr. MD MD

Before we get nuked I REALLY hope that I get to see Britain and Israel get nuked first. Please God, make it happen!

Uncle Duke

Quote from: albrecht on April 13, 2018, 09:27:10 PM
My concern is proof of the chemical attack. It could be, maybe it likely was, Assad. But what if a rouge commander, ISIS, or other 'conspiracy theories?' A pretty simple weapon that, in the chemical- maybe not delivery (how was it delivered?- made with the chemicals I use for the pool or household chemicals. And what is the goal? Totally to remove Assad? If so more than a few airstrikes would be needed and that almost definitely brings Russia and Iran 'into the mix?' And totally destabilizing the region would help "humanitarian goals?" as it worked so well elsewhere?

I'm not defending the attack, I have many of the same questions.  Still, once he was stupid enough to taunt the Russians, he had to follow through with an attack, even a largely symbolic one. 

As for who used the chem weapons, I'll again point out the Russians initially claimed there was no evidence of any such use, that the story was a fabrication.  Then, a few days later, after it was announced an international chem/bio weapons watchdog group and medical personnel were coming into inspect the area, they changed their story to admit an attack had occurred and blamed it on anti-Assad rebels.  Not much doubt in my mind the Assad government was behind the attack after the Russians' clumsy about face.

analog kid

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on April 13, 2018, 09:32:53 PM

Well, the latter is more comforting, for some reason.

Cheers, PB.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: analog kid on April 13, 2018, 09:39:47 PM
Well, the latter is more comforting, for some reason.

Cheers.

Stupid fucking zombie moron. If I had to power to restore life I'd bring you back from the dead just to kill you again! >:(

albrecht

Well we got the fire from above in Syria and now I got the Heavens opening up with thunder, rain, and hail here. Just waiting for the Trumpets...I hope Gabriel sounds as good as Marsalis doing Haydn's TRUMPet concerto:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpFaWJQHwbA

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Uncle Duke on April 13, 2018, 09:39:41 PM
I'm not defending the attack, I have many of the same questions.  Still, once he was stupid enough to taunt the Russians, he had to follow through with an attack, even a largely symbolic one. 

As for who used the chem weapons, I'll again point out the Russians initially claimed there was no evidence of any such use, that the story was a fabrication.  Then, a few days later, after it was announced an international chem/bio weapons watchdog group and medical personnel were coming into inspect the area, they changed their story to admit an attack had occurred and blamed it on anti-Assad rebels.  Not much doubt in my mind the Assad government was behind the attack after the Russians' clumsy about face.

Sure! Of course you're not defending it there, Mr. Military Industrial Complex. No one but you idiots are buying it. ::)

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 13, 2018, 09:41:07 PM
Stupid fucking zombie moron. If I had to power to restore life I'd bring you back from the dead just to kill you again! >:(

I don't see a single person here who thinks tonight's bombing is a good idea, yet you're all triggered that we're supporters of various Deep State factions.  Do you see how crazy that is?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on April 13, 2018, 09:57:54 PM
I don't see a single person here who thinks tonight's bombing is a good idea, yet you're all triggered that we're supporters of various Deep State factions.  Do you see how crazy that is?

Why don't you go jerk off! You're obviously over stimulated by all this. Stupid fucking war hawk! ::)

PS, nothing is going to come of this, since it was a done by a US, UK, and French coalition. 

We don't get a thing out of it, but it's a whole lot better to send a clear message to Russia as a united group than just us doing it. You're losing your shit over a blip.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on April 13, 2018, 10:00:03 PM
PS, nothing is going to come of this, since it was a done by a US, UK, and French coalition. 

We don't get a thing out of it, but it's a whole lot better to send a clear message to Russia as a united group than just us doing it. You're losing your shit over a blip.

You're a blip...and you're opinions even less. ::)

albrecht

Joel Skousen says it is a one-off and Russia was likely informed and won't escalate, and Trump is just weak and being manipulated due to lack of experience and watches too much tv, for what it is worth.

Gd5150

Quote from: albrecht on April 13, 2018, 10:03:33 PM
Joel Skousen says it is a one-off and Russia was likely informed and won't escalate..

Russia and others were certainly informed ahead of time. That’s standard state dept procedure. Not going to start WW3 over a meaningless unverified terrorist attack.

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on April 13, 2018, 10:03:33 PM
Joel Skousen says it is a one-off and Russia was likely informed and won't escalate, and Trump is just weak and being manipulated due to lack of experience and watches too much tv, for what it is worth.
I won't rest easy until Noory weighs in.  He was in the military, you know.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 13, 2018, 10:02:43 PM
You're a blip...and you're opinions even less. ::)

There there.  I should not have used the term crazy (insert soothing words here)

Gd5150

Quote from: ItsOver on April 13, 2018, 10:08:27 PM
I won't rest easy until Noory weighs in.  He was in the military, you know.

Lmao! Only 49 minutes. Belay that...48.

albrecht

Quote from: Gd5150 on April 13, 2018, 10:08:22 PM
Russia and others were certainly informed ahead of time. That’s standard state dept procedure. Not going to start WW3 over a meaningless unverified terrorist attack.
Hopefully, but minor events can lead to major ones, fairly quickly! And, looking back, we can ponder, WTF? how did that happen, or, we should've seen that one coming. Arguments could go both ways on whether technology increases or decreases this.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on April 13, 2018, 10:09:28 PM
There there.  I should not have used the term crazy (insert soothing words here)

That's right! Gloat over your support of evil. It's speaks volumes of your character, or total lack of it. ::)

albrecht

Quote from: Gd5150 on April 13, 2018, 10:11:34 PM
Lmao! Only 49 minutes. Belay that...48.
Ha! I'm sure Norry will weigh in but I wonder what "experts" he will have on. And will he use the events as an excuse to give his family history and pronounce some foreign leaders or city names.

Dr. MD MD

Even if it doesn't lead to WW3 we didn't vote for this. This is evidence that there's no hope for the Republic now. It's over! You're vote doesn't count! Not only that but the people who are really in charge don't like you. They have utter contempt for you and think of you as sheep that can be and regularly are slaughtered. ::)

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on April 13, 2018, 10:13:06 PM
Ha! I'm sure Norry will weigh in but I wonder what "experts" he will have on. And will he use the events as an excuse to give his family history and pronounce some foreign leaders or city names.
Haha...Maybe he can bring on The Numbers Nut to tell Assad his lucky number, followed by Joshua P. promising to send Trump a wishing machine.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 13, 2018, 10:15:31 PM
Even if it doesn't lead to WW3 we didn't vote for this. This is evidence that there's no hope for the Republic now. It's over! You're vote doesn't count! Not only that but the people who are really in charge don't like you. They have utter contempt for you and think of you as sheep that can be and regularly are slaughtered. ::)

This is a participatory representative republic, not a democracy.  That means we (are supposed to) do our best to elect those with the judgment to mostly make the best decisions they can to address issues as they arise, and to implement the agendas they run on - as best they can in a system of separation of powers.  And we get to advise, criticize, comment, etc.

I see nothing these airstrikes did that was not consistent with that.  In a week, you'll have forgotten this and will have a bunch of other reasons why everyone but you is supporting the Swamp.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on April 13, 2018, 10:27:47 PM
This is a participatory representative republic, not a democracy.  That means we (are supposed to) do our best to elect those with the judgment to mostly make the best decisions they can to address issues as they arise, and to implement the agendas they run on - as best they can in a system of separation of powers.  And we get to advise, criticize, comment, etc.

I see nothing these airstrikes did that was not consistent with that.  In a week, you'll have forgotten this and will have a bunch of other reasons why everyone but you is supporting the Swamp.

No it's not. The participation (voting) is a farce and if we were really being represented they wouldn't have bombed Syria. Best of luck with your fascist regime, shithead! ::)

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on April 13, 2018, 10:22:01 PM
Haha...Maybe he can bring on The Numbers Nut to tell Assad his lucky number, followed by Joshua P. promising to send Trump a wishing machine.
I'm sure Assad is having some aid frantically dialing the "numbers lady":  "I know "8" is good for money but I got enough stashed away in Switzerland and Caymans- get that annoying numbers bitch to tell me the number for protection! Tell Norry I will chlorine his family records if she doesn't pick up the damn phone!"

Dr. MD MD

I propose changing the name of our country to Greater Israel. Thoughts? :D