George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Jojo

NevadaGuy2011

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on October 19, 2017, 01:32:48 AM
Glad others commented on the Mr Lobo trainwreck of an interview, the guy is an amiable conversationalist about a fun pop culture topic, shlock B horror/sci-fi movies. Shnorry is actually of the exact vintage for the subject matter, he grew up during the heyday of the B horror/monster movie shows on local TV. Yet like with every other subject matter he is embarrassingly ignorant, he's gone through life without any real interest or attachment to anything or anybody, he's emotionally and intellectually a very flat tire. Obtuse is a word I keep going back to when writing about Jorch. I felt bad for Mr. Lobo, it's like being trapped alone in a conversation with an old uncle or aunt who never was interesting or had much to offer even when they were younger.  I'd feel sorry for Jorch as well because he looked so sad and bad doing the interview but Jorch has zero self awareness and thought he and Mr. Lobo were having a rollicking good time. Cringe factor was off the chart for me.

The interchange that dropped my jaw even for Jorch was after another awkward pause where you know Mr Lobo is sitting at the other end of the phone silently mouthing 'what the fuck?'.  Jorch we know drops the same observations and questions on his listeners and guests all the time but seems to be totally unaware of it. He's like a primitive robot that has a glitch in its hardware that randomly retrieves something out of memory when triggered by a word or a picture or anything. So suddenly out of an awkward pause Jorch throws this old chestnut of his out:

'You know, I don't think John Wayne movies, westerns like that, or um ... Frank Sinatra movies would work today. What do yeeew think?'

WHAT THE FUCK ....... what kind of sense does this make, those movies even pre-date himself. This is like interviewing a rock and roll historian about different eras and genres of popular rock music and the current music scene and this comes out of your mouth 'You know, I don't think Doris Day or Bing Crosby with their records or um .. even a Glenn Miller would do well today. What do yeeew think?'  The response should be 'I think you're insane or just really stupid or at best high as fuck on something.'

This is a perfect breakdown of what was an unbelievable level of incompetence.  Even by Noory standards.  I only tuned in for the last five minutes or so but that was so terrible I can only imagine how awful two hours must have been.  In the final minutes of the show they get a call about someone who mentioned how scary The Hills Have Eyes was for him growing up.  George said "what was so scary about it?"  Even worse he did it while the guest was responding to the caller.  After the guest explained the plot of the movie George said "tries to eat you??"  George had never heard of The Hills Have Eyes.  It's one of the most famous horror flicks of all time.  After the guest said that they were cannibals Noory immediately asked about an Australian movie that nobody has heard of and didn't even get the title of the film correct! The guest told George that he made up the name of the movie.  LOL.  Norry then stumbled through explaining the story of the movie.  George also commented that one of the worst movies he has ever seen is The Adventures of Barron Munchausen.  Now I haven't seen that movie but I looked it up and it has 92% on Rotten Tomatoes.  It's also not even listed as a horror.  The guest that that if that was the worst movie George has ever seen then George must have a blessed life.  The guest was very polite but it must have been hard to do.  All of this in five minutes or less.

I went to bed stunned that Noory could be that clueless.  How do you do a national interview about horror movies and have never heard of The Hills Have Eyes??

I consider myself among the dumb people in my circles.  After hearing the show the other night I am convinced that Noory is mentally retarded. 

Zetaspeak

Quote from: 136 or 142 on October 19, 2017, 04:04:56 PM
Nori to that guest on technological change "I think so too, you can't fight technological change taking away jobs."

Nori to truck drivers "I'm against driverless trucks."

Nori's pandering to his listener base is pathetic.

I assume he hated the idea having syndication radio hosts when he local and fine with it now.

The more I think of Dr. Lobo show the more it sounds like Jorge had a dementia. He was jumping all over the place, not remembering the topic he was in and repeating stuff he just mentioned. He was a bit like a Will Ferrell doing a Harry Caray impression where he would be rambling about stuff that made no sense.

Quote from: Zetaspeak on October 18, 2017, 11:34:54 PM
These guys were meant to be on tonight, they were bumped 24 hours before showtime without explanation, pretty classless C2C.

http://twitter.com/truthstreamnews/status/920482142907523072

But rest assured the critical health con man will make it on just fine tonight. So it's a weekly infomercial event now? Continuing that long slow submersion into the abyss...

albrecht

Quote from: NevadaGuy2011 on October 19, 2017, 09:28:04 PM
This is a perfect breakdown of what was an unbelievable level of incompetence.  Even by Noory standards.  I only tuned in for the last five minutes or so but that was so terrible I can only imagine how awful two hours must have been.  In the final minutes of the show they get a call about someone who mentioned how scary The Hills Have Eyes was for him growing up.  George said "what was so scary about it?"  Even worse he did it while the guest was responding to the caller.  After the guest explained the plot of the movie George said "tries to eat you??"  George had never heard of The Hills Have Eyes.  It's one of the most famous horror flicks of all time.  After the guest said that they were cannibals Noory immediately asked about an Australian movie that nobody has heard of and didn't even get the title of the film correct! The guest told George that he made up the name of the movie.  LOL.  Norry then stumbled through explaining the story of the movie.  George also commented that one of the worst movies he has ever seen is The Adventures of Barron Munchausen.  Now I haven't seen that movie but I looked it up and it has 92% on Rotten Tomatoes.  It's also not even listed as a horror.  The guest that that if that was the worst movie George has ever seen then George must have a blessed life.  The guest was very polite but it must have been hard to do.  All of this in five minutes or less.

I went to bed stunned that Noory could be that clueless.  How do you do a national interview about horror movies and have never heard of The Hills Have Eyes??

I consider myself among the dumb people in my circles.  After hearing the show the other night I am convinced that Noory is mentally retarded.
Yeah, "The Hills Have Eyes" should've been known, especially, as Hollywood does these days, I think it was also remaked recently and Norry is a king in Hollywood!  ;)

Was it "Wake In Fright" (a.k.a. "Outback") that Norry attempted to reference and describe?  I had stopped listening to the awful interview before that because it was so horrible and not even the usual unintended comedy of Norry's mumblings and bumblings and guest taken-aback at ridiculous questions could keep me listening. But, if so, I'm surprised Norry knew the film. It is a great horror movie/ psychological drama! Intense and bizarre! Whenever Jaz posted or hosted a show I think of that film!
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067541/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_142

Yeah you're all about empowerment shyster-man, your own empowerment to take people's money. Must have gotten his infomercial training over at Purity Products.

So they're going to prey upon this poor disease-ridden woman and sell her more supplements. That's great.

So why isn't Professor Miracles telling her to take Carnivora? I thought Carnivora fixed everything.

NevadaGuy2011

Quote from: albrecht on October 19, 2017, 10:27:39 PM
Yeah, "The Hills Have Eyes" should've been known, especially, as Hollywood does these days, I think it was also remaked recently and Norry is a king in Hollywood!  ;)

Was it "Wake In Fright" (a.k.a. "Outback") that Norry attempted to reference and describe?  I had stopped listening to the awful interview before that because it was so horrible and not even the usual unintended comedy of Norry's mumblings and bumblings and guest taken-aback at ridiculous questions could keep me listening. But, if so, I'm surprised Norry knew the film. It is a great horror movie/ psychological drama! Intense and bizarre! Whenever Jaz posted or hosted a show I think of that film!

He asked about a film called Escape from Woop Woop.  Welcome to Woop Woop is the actual title.  It's listed as a comedy on Rotten Tomatoes. 

Quote from: albrecht on October 19, 2017, 10:27:39 PM

I have yet to watch the Hills Have Eyes and I am a horror movie nut though I'll confess I'm more into old-school horror  influenced by German Expressionism.  Also psychological horror and haunted house horrors.  I watched Last House on the Left for the first time a couple months ago and it was ok but not that great. Real low-budget, grade z cheapie influenced by Bergman's The Virgin Spring but to mention those 2 movies in the same sentence is an insult to Bergman.  I'm watching the Friday the 13th movies now for the first time.  First couple ones were pretty good but it definitely starts going downhill with Part 5.  I'm getting ready to watch Part 6 now.  I'll try to catch the Hills Have Eyes.

NevadaGuy2011

Quote from: Sarcastic Plastic on October 19, 2017, 11:48:53 PM
So they're going to prey upon this poor disease-ridden woman and sell her more supplements. That's great.

So why isn't Professor Miracles telling her to take Carnivora? I thought Carnivora fixed everything.

Norry....nothing more than a mouthpiece and a certified snake oil salesman.  Though he would probably call it "spider oil salesman."

albrecht

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 20, 2017, 12:00:13 AM
I have yet to watch the Hills Have Eyes and I am a horror movie nut though I'll confess I'm more into old-school horror  influenced by German Expressionism.  Also psychological horror and haunted house horrors.  I watched Last House on the Left for the first time a couple months ago and it was ok but not that great. Real low-budget, grade z cheapie influenced by Bergman's The Virgin Spring but to mention those 2 movies in the same sentence is an insult to Bergman.  I'm watching the Friday the 13th movies now for the first time.  First couple ones were pretty good but it definitely starts going downhill with Part 5.  I'm getting ready to watch Part 6 now.  I'll try to catch the Hills Have Eyes.
You need to watch "Outback" ("Wake In Fright") better, so much than those others in many ways. Weird you never seen the Friday 13th stuff. Re: Bergman. Yes, great stuff. "Wild Strawberries" one of my favorites. A mindfuck of a film with such subtlety. (and hot chicks!)

Quote from: albrecht on October 20, 2017, 12:10:27 AM
You need to watch "Outback" ("Wake In Fright") better, so much than those others in many ways. Weird you never seen the Friday 13th stuff..?
Re: Bergman. Yes, great stuff. "Wild Strawberries" one of my favorites. A mindfuck of a film with such subtly.

Victor Sjostrom was so good in that.  That is probably my favorite Bergman film.  Sjostrom is a hell of a director too.  If you get the chance, watch the silent films he made like The Phantom Carriage and The Wind. Great films in their own right. I caught bits of Friday the 13th movies on commercial television in the past but did not want to watch them in that format with all the good bits cut out.  I hate censorship and always will. I didn't really care for slasher films when I was growing up so I pretty much avoided them save for Halloween, Nightmare on Elm Street, and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.   I've decided to catch up on many of them this year.

Thanks for the recommendation on Outback.  I'll try and find it. :D ;)

albrecht

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 20, 2017, 12:16:26 AM
Victor Sjostrom was so good in that.  That is probably my favorite Bergman film.  Sjostrom is a hell of a director too.  If you get the chance, watch the silent films he made like The Phantom Carriage and The Wind. Great films in their own right. I caught bits of Friday the 13th movies on commercial television in the past but did not want to watch them in that format with all the good bits cut out.  I hate censorship and always will. I didn't really care for the slasher films when I was growing up so I pretty much avoided them save for Halloween, Nightmare on Elm Street, and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.   I've decided to catch up on many of them this year.
TCM had "The Phantom Carriage" on the other night but I recorded. Haven't seen. Interesting because the 'carriage' issue in Strawberries made me think of that.
I like, from nostalgia, etc some of those 'slasher' films. And some are great. And, of course, the old Universal, etc movies. But some of the old, or foreign, stuff, is better. Most scary movie I've seen? Done by a bonafide rapist: "The Tenant."

Quote from: albrecht on October 20, 2017, 12:24:47 AM
TCM had "The Phantom Carriage" on the other night but I recorded. Haven't seen. Interesting because the 'carriage' issue in Strawberries made me think of that.
I like, from nostalgia, etc some of those 'slasher' films. And some are great. And, of course, the old Universal, etc movies. But some of the old, or foreign, stuff, is better. Most scary movie I've seen? Done by a bonafide rapist: "The Tenant."

Polanski. lol. I just bought a movie of his from the 70's called What?  Basically about a naked girl running around and having sex with Marcello Mastroianni among others.  Plan to watch it soon. I have very mixed feelings about Polanski what with the Tate murder and all. He's a bit of a pervert in my book but we have Weinstein walking around free.  If I had that sort of access to beautiful young women, I'm not sure if I would act any better than Polanski or Flynn.  No, I wouldn't rape but if you are a young man caught with jailbait in consensual sex, it is another ball of wax. We call it rape if the girls are under 18 but that doesn't make it the same thing as real rape. I better shut up before I get myself into trouble. lol. What Weinstein did was inexcusable though. Tit for tat.  Woo-boy.

I know what you mean about the nostalgia factor.  I remember being in school and the other kids were talking about Friday the 13th and Jason jumping up out of the lake at the end.  It was definitely one of the most talked about films during my grade school days.  Anyway, the nostalgia factor was heavy in my decision to visit those films. 

Now I have to find the Tenant.  Thanks for the recommendations. :D

Jojo

Quote from: Jojo on October 19, 2017, 07:27:58 PM
Holocaust survivors, 2nd hour tonight.
What happened to the Holocaust survivors?  What a disappointment.

136 or 142

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 20, 2017, 12:41:46 AM
Polanski. lol. I just bought a movie of his from the 70's called What?  Basically about a naked girl running around and having sex with Marcello Mastroianni among others.  Plan to watch it soon. I have very mixed feelings about Polanski what with the Tate murder and all. He's a bit of a pervert in my book but we have Weinstein walking around free.  If I had that sort of access to beautiful young women, I'm not sure if I would act any better than Polanski or Flynn.  No, I wouldn't rape but if you are a young man caught with jailbait in consensual sex, it is another ball of wax. We call it rape if the girls are under 18 but that doesn't make it the same thing as real rape. I better shut up before I get myself into trouble. lol. What Weinstein did was inexcusable though. Tit for tat.  Woo-boy.

I know what you mean about the nostalgia factor.  I remember being in school and the other kids were talking about Friday the 13th and Jason jumping up out of the lake at the end.  It was definitely one of the most talked about films during my grade school days.  Anyway, the nostalgia factor was heavy in my decision to visit those films. 

Now I have to find the Tenant.  Thanks for the recommendations. :D

1.Polanski drugged the girl in question.  It wasn't consensual sex.  He's sexually assaulted a lot of other women and has apparently boasted about it, there are other allegations of rape that he denies.

2.Polanski committed sexual assault before the murder of Sharon Tate.  It would be totally wrong to excuse his behavior in him somehow being badly effected by this incident (and how many husbands whose wives are murdered go on to commit sexual assault anyway?)

Polanski is just simply pure scum.

136 or 142

Quote from: NevadaGuy2011 on October 19, 2017, 09:28:04 PM

I slept through this second half of the show but I have a friend who heard a few minutes of it.  He didn't make any broad judgments but said that Nori brought up a bunch of movies and then went on to show that he didn't actually know anything about the movies (at least not the trivia) and he thought it was kind of funny.  I suggested to him that Nori is behaving the same way with this that he does with the truck drivers: he wants to pander to his listeners who are big fans of movies (especially paranormal movies or sci fi movies) by claiming to be one of them.  Although my friend didn't say Nori mentioned this during this show, he also finds it funny that Nori likes to bring up that he's friends with Billy Mumy given that, according to him, there really isn't any science on Mumy's program "Lost in Space."

I'm going to have to listen to this program.  It sounds like a Nori Clashic.

Quote from: 136 or 142 on October 20, 2017, 03:09:21 AM
1.Polanski drugged the girl in question.  It wasn't consensual sex.  He's sexually assaulted a lot of other women and has apparently boasted about it, there are other allegations of rape that he denies.

2.Polanski committed sexual assault before the murder of Sharon Tate.  It would be totally wrong to excuse his behavior in him somehow being badly effected by this incident (and how many husbands whose wives are murdered go on to commit sexual assault anyway?)

Polanski is just simply pure scum.

I'll be honest.  I did once know the details of the Polanski accusations but have largely forgotten most of it since.  I don't remember drugs being mentioned when I first heard the story as a boy.  My error.  If drugs were used then I stand corrected and he is worthless scum . I thought it was mainly young ladies under the age of consent who nevertheless responded to Polanski's overtures.  Y'know like in the stories you'd hear about Errol Flynn.  I despise the things Weinstein  and others have done. I was very saddened when the stuff started coming out about Cosby.  Why Cosby and Polanski felt the need to drug girls and have sex with them, I have no clue. I'm sure there were more than a few girls who would have willingly agreed to sleep with the men.  I shake my head in wonder.

I'm going to have to go back and read the details of the Polanski case again.

And maybe you can give me the details of the Polanski sexual assaults prior to Tate's murder?

ItsOver

Quote from: Sarcastic Plastic on October 19, 2017, 11:31:19 PM
Yeah you're all about empowerment shyster-man, your own empowerment to take people's money. Must have gotten his infomercial training over at Purity Products.
I was scanning through some radio stations last weekend and inadvertently stopped on a station playing a Purity Products infomercial, parading as an interview with a doctor.  My first thought was "what's Coast to Coast doing on at 11:00am on a Sunday morning?"

136 or 142

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 20, 2017, 05:11:38 AM

I'll be honest.  I did once know the details of the Polanski accusations but have largely forgotten most of it since.  I don't remember drugs being mentioned when I first heard the story as a boy.  My error.  If drugs were used then I stand corrected and he is worthless scum . I thought it was mainly young ladies under the age of consent who nevertheless responded to Polanski's overtures.  Y'know like in the stories you'd hear about Errol Flynn.  I despise the things Weinstein  and others have done. I was very saddened when the stuff started coming out about Cosby.  Why Cosby and Polanski felt the need to drug girls and have sex with them, I have no clue. I'm sure there were more than a few girls who would have willingly agreed to sleep with the men.  I shake my head in wonder.

I'm going to have to go back and read the details of the Polanski case again.

And maybe you can give me the details of the Polanski sexual assaults prior to Tate's murder?

http://www.ydr.com/story/archives/2017/06/09/roman-polanski-deserves-punished-column/385333001/

Polanski denies that he drugged or raped her, but even though she has wanted the case against him dropped for several years, she sticks to the story.

Lord Grantham

QuoteOn March 10, 1977, Polanski, then aged 43, became embroiled in a scandal involving 13-year-old Samantha Jane Gailey. A grand jury charged Polanski with five charges:

rape by use of drugs
perversion
sodomy
lewd and lascivious act upon a child under fourteen
furnishing a controlled substance to a minor

The laundry list of rape charges (including sodomy forced upon a 13 year old) is why he's still a fugitive from justice.

Quote from: Lord Grantham on October 20, 2017, 06:35:09 AM
The laundry list of rape charges (including sodomy forced upon a 13 year old) is why he's still a fugitive from justice.

I had forgotten that she was that young. 

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 20, 2017, 08:51:16 AM
I had forgotten that she was that young.

Come on, man! You'd give qualudes and booze to a 13 year old and then try to jump her bones, wouldn't you?  :D

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 20, 2017, 08:55:44 AM
Come on, man! You'd give qualudes and booze to a 13 year old and then try to jump her bones, wouldn't you?  :D

Only if she had nice tits and ass. Joking.  I'd never drug a girl to get her in bed with me.  I only mate with the willing.  Girls can be fully developed at that age but many aren't.  This girl Polanski jumped was apparently still a bit prepubescent.  She doesn't wish Polanski ill though and she's moved on with her life.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2013/sep/18/samantha-geimer-roman-polanski-unlawful-sex-email

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 20, 2017, 05:11:38 AM
... the Polanski accusations...

The creepy Hollywood elite have been trying to get it all dropped so he can return to the US. 

Harvey put an end to that, at least for now.

GravitySucks

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on October 20, 2017, 10:43:05 AM
The creepy Hollywood elite have been trying to get it all dropped so he can return to the US. 

Harvey put an end to that, at least for now.

Must be more than synchronicity that the hurricane that dumped all that rain this year was Harvey.

ItsOver

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 20, 2017, 09:04:33 AM
Only if she had nice tits and ass. Joking.  I'd never drug a girl to get her in bed with me.  I only mate with the willing.  Girls can be fully developed at that age but many aren't.  This girl Polanski jumped was apparently still a bit prepubescent.  She doesn't wish Polanski ill though and she's moved on with her life.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2013/sep/18/samantha-geimer-roman-polanski-unlawful-sex-email
From the article.

"We're not buddies. But, I mean, I have been in touch with him just a little bit by email. Just personal stuff, nothing worth talking about." She gives the impression she is protecting his privacy, and, one imagines, the fragile state of detente between them. Has she sent him the book? "No. I don't know if he'll read it. I don't believe he's seen it. He's a busy person, so I'm not sure if it's something that it's important to him to get to." The tone of this â€" there is no mistaking it â€" is the deference that creeps into interactions with the famous. It is alive, even now."

I'm not sure I'd be emailing the dude, semi-celeb or not.  That seems pretty weird on her part.  As for some of the stuff with Weinstein, after all these years, accusers are just now popping-up?  This isn't condoning Weinstein's behavior but where were the accusers and the "hallowed" New York Times years ago?  It isn't like "oh, my gosh!  Harvey, how did you suddenly become such a bad boy?"  Some of these characters would sell their their soul for the fame and dollars so don't feign all this naivete over what goes on out in Hollywood, D.C., etc.  They knew what game was going on.  The devil is always looking for someone to play his game.

Quote from: ItsOver on October 20, 2017, 12:49:31 PM
From the article.

"We're not buddies. But, I mean, I have been in touch with him just a little bit by email. Just personal stuff, nothing worth talking about." She gives the impression she is protecting his privacy, and, one imagines, the fragile state of detente between them. Has she sent him the book? "No. I don't know if he'll read it. I don't believe he's seen it. He's a busy person, so I'm not sure if it's something that it's important to him to get to." The tone of this â€" there is no mistaking it â€" is the deference that creeps into interactions with the famous. It is alive, even now."

I'm not sure I'd be emailing the dude, semi-celeb or not.  That seems pretty weird on her part.  As for some of the stuff with Weinstein, after all these years, accusers are just now popping-up?  This isn't condoning Weinstein's behavior but where were the accusers and the "hallowed" New York Times years ago?  It isn't like "oh, my gosh!  Harvey, how did you suddenly become such a bad boy?"  Some of these characters would sell their their soul for the fame and dollars so don't feign all this naivete over what goes on out in Hollywood, D.C., etc.  They knew what game was going on.  The devil is always looking for someone to play his game.

That's basically how I feel about it.  And you know what.  There will always be some sort of casting couch because there will always be women and men desperate for stardom who will do anything for a chance at the bigtime.  They whore themselves out if it will serve that purpose.  Unfortunately then the decent women and men will also be accosted because the moguls have had their way with the whores and expect more of the same.

I remember hearing a story of Darryl Zanuck and how some star was trying to get in to see him in his office but his secretary wouldn't let him pass.  Turns out good old Darryl was getting a blowjob from some willing woman.  Nothing will change.  There will always be people like Harvey and Polanski in the business.

ItsOver

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 20, 2017, 01:08:21 PM
...I remember hearing a story of Darryl Zanuck and how some star was trying to get in to see him in his office but his secretary wouldn't let him pass.  Turns out good old Darryl was getting a blowjob from some willing woman.  Nothing will change.  There will always be people like Harvey and Polanski in the business.
Ha!  Good thing Harvey and Darryl had power.  I don't think they would have had much luck wandering around public places and just asking.

http://youtu.be/TW9N1Rp7vng