• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

GravitySucks

Quote from: DaveSchrader on May 17, 2018, 04:12:02 PM
Interesting insights...
I am always open to constructive criticism. Feel free to email me anytime.

Dave@midnightinthedesert.com

Your Milly Vanilla friend,

Dave

In 2013 and again in 2015 even Art couldn’t be Art. I think the audience grew to enjoy the Art that Ramona molded into an air personality. What we got in the last two versions was “Get off my damn lawn, Art”.

That being said, make shorter posts and get a frikkin haircut. Send Winnie next time if you can’t keep your posts to 3 or 4 lines. And tell Michelle we want to see her posting here.

Corona Kitty

Interesting insights. Thanks for the kind words.

The funny thing about being a disembodied voice over your speakers is that some things are list in translation.

Having done this type of programming for 12 years there is NO WAY to please everyone. When I am goofy I get hatemail, when I'm serious, I get hate mail, when I press guests I get hate mail, when I don't press the guests I get hate mail.

This type of topic isn't taken seriously as it is, so I try to show it the seriousness it deserves without being overly gullible. If I buy into a topic, I'm a shill, if I question the validity of the topic, I'm a killjoy and villain.

I've always tried to measure the temperature of the audience to appeal to the masses and remain true to who I am. I've made changes over the years and always try to adapt.

With a topic like we cover here I aim to make the topic the star, the focus, not the host. When I open up I get told to shut up, nobody wants to hear my thoughts, they want to hear the guest. If I shut up and let the guests go I get criticized that I am a shit host that cannot maintain direction of his own show.

We can't have it every way, I cannot be all to everyone. Funny thing is, as I read your posts, (meaning everyone's) people put Art on a pedestal in one post and 5 posts later call him a quitter or that he phoned it in, or was perfect or unstable.

I walked into a maelstrom of feces and I am busy working to right a sinking ship, balance change while paying honor to what came before. Not one person would be able to step in and be all that everyone needs or wants, and before I can be ME I need to get my footing, feel out my new surroundings and do what it takes to bring an audience back to MitD and not be offensive in either direction.

My goal is to be as well rounded as possible, adapt, change and keep moving forward. This show hemmoraged ten's of thousands of listeners when Art left. We are already up over 15% from where we were when Art died and that number keeps climbing.

With that said, and I mean this with total respect for everyones time. If you find me hard to listen to, I make you unhappy in anyway, don't listen. I won't be mad, life is too short to spend it doing things that don't add to your life.

To the people that elect to move on, enjoy your journey and I hope you find your next Art.

For those that love this kind of show and want to stick with me, I'm here for the long haul, long after the shitnado blows over and I will be the best version of me I can bring you to help you enjoy the show more.

Dave

Milky vanilla friend..that's copy written violation, that title goes to David Wilcock, as he is the whitest man I've ever seen in person..... Listen Dave Schrader, you do a fantastic job, much much much much better than Heather Wade.

Lost in translation... Yes you are spot-on. Also you can never please anyone, however again Dave, much better than what was coming out of that network. If anyone has the ability to keep things going, it's going to be you. The other shows on that network are awful, and I'm being kind.

Got to give it to art bell, he created drones of fans and Trojan horsed them, with a very obtuse host. I won't take advantage of her inexperience because that is unfair. However.... This is why most don't want to take that gig, that task of being compared to art. I personally was not a fan of his new renditions of what I call "coast to coast am lite".

George Noory also gets a good trashing for not being Art, but there won't be another one. That doesn't mean there can't be other great hosts.
I hope the best for you and Keith & the network.

Sean92008

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 17, 2018, 10:39:36 AM
For literacy and sheer delight in contrarian argument I have my own suspect, though it may simply be pining for olden times.

There's only one BGer that I bothered to block back when it was possible to do so, the empty, shrill attempts to be the ultimate snowflake asshole bbs terrorist cuckshed lunacy whore Cuckadelo...

Apparently, one's panties are in a slimy set knot.  The effort of the trollflakes in alignment with Jeather just steeled my resolve to prepare a spreadsheet that will lead to a series of expenses that dear Heater Wad and/or Michael Vera (sic) will be on the hook for.

It's like Chinese handcuffs, the more vitriol, the more losing. Mofo cocksuckers.

bellNwhistle

Dave,

You couldn't help the shitnado you walked in to.  Had you any clue what you were walking into- just with this forum alone- I would have completely understood if you'd have told Keith "Fuck it. No thanks!"  But you're here, you're wading through it, and you sound like the type to want to keep wading til you get to the other side.

I've been a member here since 2015, and been active for maybe half that time, if not less. Even I can't even tell you if this place is for or against Art. You can't be expected to figure it out in a matter of weeks. All I know is that we're all here because some dude with a great voice and a knack for delivering great radio brought us many great late nights/early mornings.  Forget/ignore the bullshit going on, and just focus on what you're doing, and how you're working to keep giving us great radio. 

Not everyone will like your delivery, and that's fine. Not everyone will appreciate the show content every night. That's fine. Just be true to who you are- as it sounds like you intend to keep doing- and let the chips fall where they may.

I don't know you, and know you're not a perfect human being. Who is? But I'm certainly happy to see what direction you're taking MITD.  I appreciate that you do come here - not to play in the muck with the rest of us, necessarily- but to check in, be a real guy, and ask for input if you choose to.

Thanks for also having your fun and friendly wife pop in to say hello.  Winnie's a keeper.  8)

Best of luck to you, Dave.

Dateline

I am so happy that I now have a paranomal, this genre and things strange and unusual, that I can tune in to and enjoy.  Coast has gone so far a field that I no longer even tune in.  It is like a child who has become a teenager that you no longer recognize and you wonder how that can be your own offspring. 

I am easy to please beyond that, please no critical health news interviews on Midnight In The Desert.  If I want to listen or watch that I can watch late Saturday night/Sunday morning Comcast Cable Television. 

Midnight In The Desert, in my opinion, is the big cheese now.

chefist

Quote from: DaveSchrader on May 17, 2018, 04:22:17 PM
Please email me the questions. I will lose them here among the 100 pages a night. Thanks.

Those are great.

Done

HumanBeing

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 17, 2018, 03:12:08 PM
I like my women to fit all in one frame.  Call me crazy. I like thick women, not ones with multiple chins.

Please elaborate  :P

AstroBuzz

Now I remember where I heard Heather Wade's voice before! She sounds just like Ms. Hathaway (Nancy Kulp) from The Beverly Hillbillies show!

https://youtu.be/mhChzue5XhA

Ms. Hathaway - Ms. Heather Wade   Even the names sound similar!
Freaky...

ponyboysunset

Interesting insights. Thanks for the kind words.

The funny thing about being a disembodied voice over your speakers is that some things are lost in translation.

Having done this type of programming for 12 years there is NO WAY to please everyone. When I am goofy I get hatemail, when I'm serious, I get hate mail, when I press guests I get hate mail, when I don't press the guests I get hate mail.

This type of topic isn't taken seriously as it is, so I try to show it the seriousness it deserves without being overly gullible. If I buy into a topic, I'm a shill, if I question the validity of the topic, I'm a killjoy and villain.

I've always tried to measure the temperature of the audience to appeal to the masses and remain true to who I am. I've made changes over the years and always try to adapt.

With a topic like we cover here I aim to make the topic the star, the focus, not the host. When I open up I get told to shut up, nobody wants to hear my thoughts, they want to hear the guest. If I shut up and let the guests go I get criticized that I am a shit host that cannot maintain direction of his own show.

We can't have it every way, I cannot be all to everyone. Funny thing is, as I read your posts, (meaning everyone's) people put Art on a pedestal in one post and 5 posts later call him a quitter or that he phoned it in, or was perfect or unstable.

I walked into a maelstrom of feces and I am busy working to right a sinking ship, balance change while paying honor to what came before. Not one person would be able to step in and be all that everyone needs or wants, and before I can be ME I need to get my footing, feel out my new surroundings and do what it takes to bring an audience back to MitD and not be offensive in either direction.

My goal is to be as well rounded as possible, adapt, change and keep moving forward. This show hemmoraged ten's of thousands of listeners when Art left. We are already up over 15% from where we were when Art died and that number keeps climbing.

With that said, and I mean this with total respect for everyones time. If you find me hard to listen to, I make you unhappy in anyway, don't listen. I won't be mad, life is too short to spend it doing things that don't add to your life.

To the people that elect to move on, enjoy your journey and I hope you find your next Art.

For those that love this kind of show and want to stick with me, I'm here for the long haul, long after the shitnado blows over and I will be the best version of me I can bring you to help you enjoy the show more.

Dave
I like you as a host because you have your own style. And shitnado is just an amazing word. Good luck!
Tide Pods
PS I love the true crime podcast and the rest of you true crime nuts should subscribe.

Catsmile

Quote from: chefist on May 17, 2018, 09:45:31 AM
That's it, Daniel...I'm phoning in a welfare check for you.

Falkies grifting superpowers just got twitchy.

MaxPower

Having done this type of programming for 12 years there is NO WAY to please everyone.
Hi Dave, That is true wisdom taught from experience. Paralleling that nugget is "If everyone likes you, you're doing something wrong"

chefist

Quote from: HumanBeing on May 17, 2018, 04:34:25 PM
Please elaborate  :P

I always wondered what Daffy was actually doing in that gif?

bellNwhistle

Quote from: chefist on May 17, 2018, 04:37:32 PM

Jazz Hands  ;)

Cowkiller

Generating power for LNM radio network.

ponyboysunset

Just realized why I am opposed to anyone during an Art Bell impression because if I wanted to listen to Art I would listen to his old shows.  Otherwise I like an original host. Whoa. Took me this long to realize that.

HumanBeing

Waxing a car and he saw Bigfoot watching him from the bushes so he froze in fright but kept waxing. Or he was chopping up veggies and glanced out his kitchen window and saw Bigfoot watching him from the bushes so he froze in fright but kept chopping ;D

If someone can actually find the origin of it that would be interesting indeed.
It may have just been created by someone.

HumanBeing

He could be pumping up a tire  :D

Pizzapunch

If only someone with a Hendry esque level Art Bell voice would call Heather's open lines.....

chefist

Quote from: HumanBeing on May 17, 2018, 04:52:10 PM
He could be pumping up a tire  :D

;D So, I'm not the only one who may have thought about this.

I'm a Warner Bros./Tex Avery fan anyway...never into Disney...

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Pizzapunch on May 17, 2018, 04:52:53 PM
If only someone with a Hendry esque level Art Bell voice would call Heather's open lines.....

Maybe we can get the real guy to call in 😂
Actually- great guest for Dave. Talk about his Art impersonations and how he got into it.

Father Jack

Dear Dave,

Welcome to the fetid cloaca of the interweb!

Quote from: Father Jack on May 17, 2018, 04:55:05 PM
Dear Dave,

Welcome to the fetid cloaca of the interweb!
Another Lionel fan, I presume?

Sean92008

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 17, 2018, 04:09:35 PM
I wonder if she washes her hair in beer. It makes it nice and squeaky clean.. and shiny. LOL
Doesn't the flea and tick medicine leave an oily spot around the shoulders and neck?

Element 115

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 17, 2018, 10:39:36 AM
For literacy and sheer delight in contrarian argument I have my own suspect, though it may simply be pining for olden times.

Where is this person lately who used this as their avatar here?  Ihave not heard from them in eons.  i forgot their username.

Hells Mole

What's going on with page 3347?  I can't view it because it immediately goes to this:

https://ii.yuki.la/9/f0/8128634ec89b603bb40657ec34a8178aa6dd1a526ed1c1902df711ee277b7f09.jpg

Then I can't even use the back button because it immediately goes back to the picture when I hit back like some weird loop.  This is with Firefox.  I tried with Brave and it didn't happen and that picture isn't even in anyone's visible post on that page.