• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

popple

He just hung up on a caller that sounded like he was trying to prank him.

Doomed

"Hey! HEY! Hey you CoastGab punks! Git off my lawn!"
-Jorch Nooree

popple

Jorch agreeing with a caller that the guest he ditched sucked?

Quote from: popple on April 23, 2013, 02:22:06 AM
Jorch agreeing with a caller that the guest he ditched sucked?

Jorch musht be a hater too

MTB

Did the thing about the European knife manufacturer lobby make a damn bit of sense?

popple

Now he says he loves all the guests that are on the show lol

Juan

George fell into form when he said that 3-dead and 180-wounded was insufficient carnage for him to count as terrorism.  The guest made a noise like he'd swallowed his tongue.

Quote from: UFO Fill on April 23, 2013, 04:07:50 AM
George fell into form when he said that 3-dead and 180-wounded was insufficient carnage for him to count as terrorism.  The guest made a noise like he'd swallowed his tongue.

George is just being modest, this being his bust as the guy that ID'd the suspects from photos taken at the scene and all.   Truly a nice man.

ufogadfly

Quote from: jinwicked on April 23, 2013, 12:55:48 AM
This is more entertaining than usual, but the guest sounds like he is making shit up off the top of his head.

DisGeorge has a long-standing record of not challenging comments spoken as fact that are clearly either the guest's own beliefs or complete speculation (how about something a simple as, "What's your source for that?" or "On what do you base that?"). Even Art was guilty of it from time to time ("I just want to let the guest tell his story") but nothing like GN.

b_dubb

For those still paying for Insider drop your subscription and use TuneIn. It will automatically record shows for you and you can listen anytime. Costing you nothing and putting another nail in coffin of Noory's career

Frys Girl

Quote from: b_dubb on April 23, 2013, 08:10:41 AM
For those still paying for Insider drop your subscription and use TuneIn. It will automatically record shows for you and you can listen anytime. Costing you nothing and putting another nail in coffin of Noory's career
Awesome!

ItsOver

Say what?  Yeah, Jorch, it was just an "off-day in Boston."  ::)

Sleepwalker

Seriously, he said that?  I really don't understand why Premiere doesn't call him into their office in Sherman Oaks and FIRE him.  What's wrong with them? 

Quote from: b_dubb on April 23, 2013, 08:10:41 AM

Thanks so much for that, Dubb.   

I haven't explored this but I saw something on www.iheart.com that has "Recently Played" that you can access through the My Stations tab.  I'll report later if I can get that to work for free.

Lunger

Quote from: RedMichael on April 18, 2013, 10:01:20 AM

So does America.

How does profiling work again? How has it worked?

Should American citizens who are Muslim be profiled? Kept better track of? Why are Muslims who grew up in a stable environment very unlikely to become a terrorist? They were raised with the same values as Muslims elsewhere right?

"So does America" 

What?
I don't understand this sophomoric attempt to deflect attention from the Islamic problems in Turkey. What grade are you in?

Profiling works all the time....Thats why its used.  I am sorry if it conflicts with you child-like world view.

You mention 'Muslims who grew up in a stable environment' as being  'very unlikely to become a terrorist'.  You mean like Bin Laden?  Those doctors in London?  Any one of a hundred more examples I can give you?

Its people like you that close their eyes to the world around them that is the greater problem.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Sleepwalker on April 23, 2013, 09:29:49 AM
Seriously, he said that?  I really don't understand why Premiere doesn't call him into their office in Sherman Oaks and FIRE him.  What's wrong with them? 
C2C needs to be flushed. The tree is poisoned, it can't be saved. Noory's 250 shows a year for a decade have done harm that cannot be overstated. Firing Noory is not enough, Premiere has shown zero ability to comprehend C2C's quondam appeal and they'd replace Noory with an equally vapid chucklehead. The fish is rotting from the top and the stench is getting worse.

Nebraska888

Noory had a horrible night last night.  He misspoke MORE than usual  (if that is possible) and asked questions that Kasten had already answered.....some twice.  I could tell Kasten was a little irritated with Noory, and I could also tell that Noory was DONE with Kasten.   

Yep, he dumped Kasten and took STUPID OPEN LINES the last hour.  What a jerk.

From this point on, I am keeping a record of who he dumps and the date.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: RedMichael on April 18, 2013, 10:01:20 AM
Should American citizens who are Muslim be profiled?

yes.

Kept better track of?

yes.

Why are Muslims who grew up in a stable environment very unlikely to become a terrorist?

i used to think the same thing until i realized how many of the world's most prolific terrorists are wealthy, educated men.

They were raised with the same values as Muslims elsewhere right?

i don't quite know how to comment on the values muslims are or aren't raised with since that's a very subjective, foggy conversation to have, and any data points used in such a conversation would vary wildly.  however (and i know this is purely anecdotal), just a couple weeks ago i was having a conversation with the privileged, spoiled brat 17 year old son of a wealthy physician (a physician who is a zombified creep who never smiles).  he spent 30 minutes trying to explain why sharia law is superior to all other legal systems and should be implemented globally.  fucking cunt, this kid.  this pile of shit was born here to palestinian parents, has spent his entire life here, has benefited from our western system of law, culture, and economics, and wants to wipe that all out to replace it with sharia law so we can live like most of the arab world does.  why people flee a cesspool nation, come here, and then seek to implement the same systems that ruined their previous home is beyond me.  he's benefited his entire life from a cultural/legal/economic system that's entirely incongruent with what he supports.  i could TOTALLY see this douche engaging in terrorist activity in the future.  child of privilege, knows nothing about the real world, thinks he's fucking brilliant, wants to enslave you and me in the shackles of his belief system... i'm fuming as i sit here thinking about this fuck wad.  sooo... yeah, i'd like to see him profiled and watched more closely.  absolutely.

ItsOver

Quote from: Nebraska888 on April 23, 2013, 11:47:27 AM
Noory had a horrible night last night.  He misspoke MORE than usual  (if that is possible) and asked questions that Kasten had already answered.....some twice.  I could tell Kasten was a little irritated with Noory, and I could also tell that Noory was DONE with Kasten.   

Yep, he dumped Kasten and took STUPID OPEN LINES the last hour.  What a jerk.

From this point on, I am keeping a record of who he dumps and the date.

Noory dumping guests seems to have become more the norm than the exception.  You'd think SOMEBODY at PremRat would wake-up and notice something is wrong here, but, as Eddie pointed-out, this fish is rotted out. 

stevesh

Quote from: Lunger on April 23, 2013, 11:00:09 AM

Profiling works all the time....Thats why its used. 

When one is looking for tax evaders in the US, he looks first at middle-aged white men. I assume that sort of profiling would be fine with the apologists for Islam's excesses.

Quote from: Sleepwalker on April 23, 2013, 09:29:49 AM

Noory called for the head of the FAA to be fired last night, so I'm not going to feel so bad about making any attempt to get him fired for his irresponsible and damaging commentary and the promotion of fraudulent guests.  I sent a letter to Premrad about how he virtually tried to frame that Brown student for the Bombings on Monday and continued to harp on the idea the student was somehow related even after the suspects were identified.  That was last Saturday and no reply yet.

Quote from: stevesh on April 23, 2013, 01:03:34 PM
When one is looking for tax evaders in the US, he looks first at middle-aged white men. I assume that sort of profiling would be fine with the apologists for Islam's excesses.

I've been staying away from this subject since it is unrelated to the subject of making substantial changes to Coast and I know nobody will be persuaded from their opinions.  I would just like to say harassing, targeting, or otherwise discriminating against many thousands or millions of law-abiding members of any ethnicity, religious group, sexual persuasion, etc.  because a tiny fraction of a percentage may be violent is wrong.  It is wrong.  It is not what America is supposed to stand for.  It promotes hatred as we have seen right here on this board.  It promotes segregation, resentment, ignorance.  Some values should not be compromised even if there is a cost because the long term cost of denying those values is much greater.

VtaGeezer

Col. Hunt was once a frequently seen military expert on TV when the issue was Saddam Hussein or Iran.  Last night he showed why the networks dropped him as a military advisor after 9/11 when the subject turned to terrorism vs. military issues. 

stevesh

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on April 23, 2013, 01:13:05 PM
I've been staying away from this subject since it is unrelated to the subject of making substantial changes to Coast and I know nobody will be persuaded from their opinions.  I would just like to say harassing, targeting, or otherwise discriminating against many thousands or millions of law-abiding members of any ethnicity, religious group, sexual persuasion, etc.  because a tiny fraction of a percentage may be violent is wrong.  It is wrong.  It is not what America is supposed to stand for.  It promotes hatred as we have seen right here on this board.  It promotes segregation, resentment, ignorance.  Some values should not be compromised even if there is a cost because the long term cost of denying those values is much greater.

You're right (though not about profiling, which is what I was referring to, not bigotry) - this discussion belongs in the politics thread rather than GNS. My apologies to the forum.

Morgus

Noory did it again last night - he dropped his main guest after only 2 hours and went to open lines without a guest for the final hour.
And that was after making the guest reschedule from the week before, how rude...  :P

The guest was very interesting and had lots more detailed info on the Serpo story that wasn't told before. Art would have expanded him to five hours I bet...

Meanandnasty

I heard the show and was enjoying it. Sure it was maybe a science fiction of fantasy edge, but that is Coast.  Or, the Coast I like.
To get rid of the guest that accommodated Coast last week by switching nights was just------mean and nasty.

Quote from: stevesh on April 23, 2013, 01:45:48 PM
You're right (though not about profiling, which is what I was referring to, not bigotry) - this discussion belongs in the politics thread rather than GNS. My apologies to the forum.

No, no it wasn't you I was responding to specifically.  I just quoted your message because it was the last relevant comment I could latch onto.  But thank you for acknowledging what I had to say.

Meanandnasty

I just occurred to me.  This is the first false flag. A test was performed on the Coast listening audience.
Noory got up on his podium and gave his opinion about the TSA and the knife decision.  It sounded like that was where he wanted to take the show all night.
Soon it will be like that.  The second hour  will be Notes from Noory.  It will be open lines dictated by the opinion of Noory.  No bigfoot, no ghosts, no ufos

Morgus

Quote from: Meanandnasty on April 23, 2013, 02:08:28 PM
Noory got up on his podium and gave his opinion about the TSA and the knife decision.  It sounded like that was where he wanted to take the show all night.
yep, Noory kept ranting about carrying a small pocket knife all night.
even kids in boy scouts always carried a small swiss army pocket knife everywhere, but Noory is deathly afraid of them...  :o

Noory did *claim* to have phone problems with the guest towards the end of the 2nd hour, but apparently dumped him for open lines with no explanation -- at least none that I heard (he doesn't always have my full attention).   It certainly wouldn't be the first time he cut someone off for not adhering to the higher Noory standards of excellence in broadcast commentary and clear phone lines.  If he had made some sort of attempt to apologize to the guest on air I might have given him a Mulligan on this one.