• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things That Annoy You

Started by onan, May 22, 2011, 02:41:35 AM

coaster

The entire Royal family is annoying. I never understood the obsession. Are they even relevant anymore?

Sardondi

Quote from: Frys Girl on September 18, 2012, 07:21:12 AM
I don't like Americans who obsess over Iran. It's pointless and it proves to me they are missing what's really important.

It has nothing to do with my extraction. I am against double-standards and foreign entanglements. The United States' Middle East foreign policy has always been nothing but wrong and stupid. I say that as an American. As for bad translations, yes, there are many. I wouldn't give a shit about a bad translation of some stupid Ahmadinejad speech, were it not for the fact that people are taking him so seriously, threatening war. It's amazing to me that with all these graduate degrees and Italian suits, people in polite society still can't figure out that he is a nobody. He only won the election because working class people preferred him to the sell out, corrupt piece of shit whom he ran against.

The lack of basic understanding and knowledge of Iran is mystifying. Ahmadinejad is like Mike Huckabee, minus a tV show, and minus the guitar skills, and minus the 200 pounds of lard.

Iran may not be free in the American sense, but I like to see countries defend themselves, Iran or otherwise. It's the same thing I want for America, and I say it as an American, thank you very much. As for Iran, it is a country with thousands of years of history and culture, it will defend itself. It's not just a country carved out by some fat British asshole's quill (Pakistan). All of its neighbors are militarizing and nuked up. It makes sense for Iran to do so.

Let's assume that every assertion above is true. What does it any of it matter when a handful of nuclear-tipped Iranian missile lift out of the silos, headed for Tel Aviv and Haifa?

And here's a tip: you make your task of convincing people to ignore all the threatening comments of its leaders because the Iranians are absolutely no threat to anyone that much harder when you fill your own posts with so much seething resentment of, and direct so many vitriolic comments at, America and Americans.

Quote from: McPhallus on September 18, 2012, 06:37:09 AM
The controversy/media obsession with those fucking Kate Middleton topless sunbathing pics.  Seriously, who gives a fuck?

My view is the Duchess has made choices which forever prohibit her from playing nature girl. You took the job and the life, sweetie, and you are now owned, body and soul, by the state. It doesn't matter even if photogs trespassed to be able to get a view (did they here?), because you weren't supposed to be nekkid, girlie. So say goodbye to the tickling feeling of the wind upon your nipples, because royals disrobe in their bedrooms and bathrooms and nowhere else, period.

Your made the choice. You can't have it both ways. So shut up, smile and wave. And keep your clothes on.

Fifteen minutes ago I saw a guy driving a new Jaguar. He had one of those car deodorant trees hanging on the rear view mirror.

[attachimg=1]

Eddie Coyle

You practically answer every question for your students for a quiz(mandated from "above") and let them use OPEN BOOKS and yet still none of them can surpass an "85". The mean was roughly 63.

It would be depressing, if it wasn't funny.

HorrorRetro

It annoys me that every commercial portrays men as eunuchs, slobs, and stupid.  I can't think of any commercial with a manly man.  Every one portrays a couple with the woman nagging and sighing about how lazy and stupid her husband is, and the man plays along with his head down and he lets out a meek, "Yes, dear." 

In commercials, men are too stupid to know how to wipe down a counter top, they don't know how to feed a baby, they don't know how to drive, etc. 

Oh, and another commercial issue -- yoga in every damn commercial.  I don't need to see some moron doing yoga in a dog food commercial or in a spot for Pep Boys auto parts.  Give me a damn break.   >:(

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: HorrorRetro on September 21, 2012, 11:05:06 AM
It annoys me that every commercial portrays men as eunuchs, slobs, and stupid.  I can't think of any commercial with a manly man.  Every one portrays a couple with the woman nagging and sighing about how lazy and stupid her husband is, and the man plays along with his head down and he lets out a meek, "Yes, dear." 

The Paul Reiser-ing and Ray Romano-ing of American heterosexual men. Enfeebled poltroons overloaded with false modesty, Uriah Heeps of the modern age. I do tend to think it's a Madison Ave fantasy more than reality, because I've encountered very few people of this ilk in the real world.

BobGrau

Quote from: HorrorRetro on September 21, 2012, 11:05:06 AM

In commercials, men are too stupid to know how to wipe down a counter top, they don't know how to feed a baby, they don't know how to drive, etc. 

Oh, and another commercial issue -- yoga in every damn commercial.  I don't need to see some moron doing yoga in a dog food commercial or in a spot for Pep Boys auto parts.  Give me a damn break.   >:(

*smack!* stop your moaning and get back in the kitchen, honey.

/ironyoff

HorrorRetro

Quote from: BobGrau on September 21, 2012, 12:53:48 PM

*smack!* stop your moaning and get back in the kitchen, honey.

/ironyoff

Ha.   I do have some canning to do today.  My garden runneth over with Heirloom tomatoes.

Sardondi

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on September 21, 2012, 12:46:00 PM
          The Paul Reiser-ing and Ray Romano-ing of American heterosexual men. Enfeebled poltroons overloaded with false modesty, Uriah Heeps of the modern age. I do tend to think it's a Madison Ave fantasy more than reality, because I've encountered very few people of this ilk in the real world.

The last few identifiable groups which it is permitted in TV/popular culture to mock as incompetent, stupid and weak are white males and fathers. One of the last groups which it is permitted to attack as stupid, ignorant and hateful - Christians. Don't think so? Imagine the result of mocking/attacking the "mirror image" groups of those I list.

ziznak

I find that the portrayal of human beings in commercials and television particularly annoying.  What bothers me even more is that I think about how I grew up in front of the TV even though I had parents that controlled how much TV I was exposed to.  Without the proper guidance TV and now internet is where a lot of kids find the behavior that they are going to mimic...  it's the example they will follow and believe is a reflection of real life. 
I have no doubt that things like anorexia and sexual fetishes are on the rise!

We have a generation growing up thinking that:
Old people only worry about different types of insurance and having hoverounds... middle aged women do yoga, workout, eat salad, drive the kids to school and soccer practice AND are the only ones to clean counter tops... middle aged men need hair growth serum and penis pills... all hetero males are mindless dunces who sit like jaba the hut absorbing cheetos and beer while watching football... women love to get beaten during sex... i wanna bang the progressive chick... (ooops my bad)... you get the point though.

BobGrau

Quote from: ziznak on September 21, 2012, 07:14:05 PM
I find that the portrayal of human beings in commercials and television particularly annoying.  What bothers me even more is that I think about how I grew up in front of the TV even though I had parents that controlled how much TV I was exposed to.  Without the proper guidance TV and now internet is where a lot of kids find the behavior that they are going to mimic...  it's the example they will follow and believe is a reflection of real life. 
I have no doubt that things like anorexia and sexual fetishes are on the rise!

We have a generation growing up thinking that:
Old people only worry about different types of insurance and having hoverounds... middle aged women do yoga, workout, eat salad, drive the kids to school and soccer practice AND are the only ones to clean counter tops... middle aged men need hair growth serum and penis pills... all hetero males are mindless dunces who sit like jaba the hut absorbing cheetos and beer while watching football... women love to get beaten during sex... i wanna bang the progressive chick... (ooops my bad)... you get the point though.

nah, most of them will grow up simply thinking 'there's a lot of shite on tv' just like we did.

ziznak

its the rest of em I worry about

Quote from: ziznak on September 21, 2012, 07:14:05 PM
... all hetero males are mindless dunces who sit like jaba the hut absorbing cheetos and beer while watching football...

Is... that bad?

Sardondi

NOT REALLY SAFE FOR WORK...OR HOME FOR THAT MATTER

Okay, this is sort of, uh, an adult issue, so it's good we're past The Family Hour.

Okay, my annoyance, or really more what I am nonplussed about, is related to the body modification thing, which looks like it has finally gotten to the point that in people 15- 40, it's the minority who have absolutely no permanent body alteration or marks. But specifically I'm talking about a sub-genre: female genital modification.

I'm not talking about absence of pubic hair: that battle is apparently over, and the slicks won. Nope, I mean the actual surgical alteration of a woman's labia. It looks like they are being trimmed away, or somehow tucked back in in such a way they stay inside. What the hell is going on out there? It's like women, even women in their 60's and 70's, are striving for a prepubescent look, and no labia are to be found in the mean streets. Heck, even anuses have been bleached until they're almost skin tone. Why, you might ask. Well let me answer you: because they're gonna get publicly displayed too, Bubba, and there is today apparently no such thing as a browneye. Today everybody has "pinkeye".

I first noticed the labia-less trend a couple of years ago when I saw some pics of a Key West Fantasy Fest. Boy, has that changed from the older days. It used to be a weekend to get drunk and let the more daring women flash a little boob. Wrong. Now it's a 9-day Bacchanal, where everyone gets elaborate body paint jobs and walks around pretty much totally naked but for strategically placed paint, even in the daytime. The women who maintain a few scraps around their loins gladly exhibit their aerodynamic hoo-has for the admiring throngs of men with digital cameras. Otherwise those women who are dressed in, literally, no more than a waist chain, perform maneuvers to help onlookers see their tonsils....from underneath.

I started noticing the slick and streamlined pudenda, especially in more than what we might call the "traditional sex positive community" where that kind of thing was more regular, such as on classy hookers, strippers and the gay male community (this apparently is not something lesbians go in for usually). Now it's been extended to groups such as swingers, who apparently really, really like Fantasy Fest as an occasion to meet up with friends from around the nation and see how many they can screw.

These were women in their 30's to literally their 70's (and pretty amazing looking a lot of them, although many were just as you'd imagine, God bless 'em). Many clearly have had major body work done. Breast augmentation of course; but more and more of these middle-aged and elderly women, at least in what seemed to be the swinging community, have had their labia, well, removed. Truly, their external genitals are just hairless, softly mounded mons and a slight pudendal cleft. So it looks like hairless vulvas are de rigueur, and having a fold of labia peek out is some sort of socio-sexual faux pas among these people. I'll supply a link to a site of pics upon request, but I'm not sure MV would like that kind of thing in the thread. 

So what is it? Is it just among folks who are having their junk closely examined by new people on a regular basis? Have I overestimated the trend? Am I hopelessly behind the times now? Should I stop ordering a Brazilian Grande' at Starbucks?

Zircon

Holy fucking shit Sardondi ... you HAVE TO WRITE A BOOK !!! This post is absolutely awesome. I'm copying this to a safe spot so I won't lose it. It is a masterpiece in my opinion. Are you a writer by the way? You're as good, if not better, than many I've read.

Frys Girl

Quote from: Sardondi on September 22, 2012, 05:00:19 AM
NOT REALLY SAFE FOR WORK...OR HOME FOR THAT MATTER

Okay, this is sort of, uh, an adult issue, so it's good we're past The Family Hour.

Okay, my annoyance, or really more what I am nonplussed about, is related to the body modification thing, which looks like it has finally gotten to the point that in people 15- 40, it's the minority who have absolutely no permanent body alteration or marks. But specifically I'm talking about a sub-genre: female genital modification.

I'm not talking about absence of pubic hair: that battle is apparently over, and the slicks won. Nope, I mean the actual surgical alteration of a woman's labia. It looks like they are being trimmed away, or somehow tucked back in in such a way they stay inside. What the hell is going on out there? It's like women, even women in their 60's and 70's, are striving for a prepubescent look, and no labia are to be found in the mean streets. Heck, even anuses have been bleached until they're almost skin tone. Why, you might ask. Well let me answer you: because they're gonna get publicly displayed too, Bubba, and there is today apparently no such thing as a browneye. Today everybody has "pinkeye".

I first noticed the labia-less trend a couple of years ago when I saw some pics of a Key West Fantasy Fest. Boy, has that changed from the older days. It used to be a weekend to get drunk and let the more daring women flash a little boob. Wrong. Now it's a 9-day Bacchanal, where everyone gets elaborate body paint jobs and walks around pretty much totally naked but for strategically placed paint, even in the daytime. The women who maintain a few scraps around their loins gladly exhibit their aerodynamic hoo-has for the admiring throngs of men with digital cameras. Otherwise those women who are dressed in, literally, no more than a waist chain, perform maneuvers to help onlookers see their tonsils....from underneath.

I started noticing the slick and streamlined pudenda, especially in more than what we might call the "traditional sex positive community" where that kind of thing was more regular, such as on classy hookers, strippers and the gay male community (this apparently is not something lesbians go in for usually). Now it's been extended to groups such as swingers, who apparently really, really like Fantasy Fest as an occasion to meet up with friends from around the nation and see how many they can screw.

These were women in their 30's to literally their 70's (and pretty amazing looking a lot of them, although many were just as you'd imagine, God bless 'em). Many clearly have had major body work done. Breast augmentation of course; but more and more of these middle-aged and elderly women, at least in what seemed to be the swinging community, have had their labia, well, removed. Truly, their external genitals are just hairless, softly mounded mons and a slight pudendal cleft. So it looks like hairless vulvas are de rigueur, and having a fold of labia peek out is some sort of socio-sexual faux pas among these people. I'll supply a link to a site of pics upon request, but I'm not sure MV would like that kind of thing in the thread. 

So what is it? Is it just among folks who are having their junk closely examined by new people on a regular basis? Have I overestimated the trend? Am I hopelessly behind the times now? Should I stop ordering a Brazilian Grande' at Starbucks?
I read an article about a woman who had this operation, but she said she had to do it because she was uncomfortable sitting. I guess there is a medical reason to do this too, but cosmetic, that's kind of weird. Women hate themselves so much these days. I don't know why their mothers and fathers don't just tell them they are loved and cherished, no matter the cup size or vagina size. I also feel sorry for men who buy penis or prostate pills. These are all scams.

Sardondi

Quote from: Frys Girl on September 22, 2012, 11:23:14 AM
I read an article about a woman who had this operation, but she said she had to do it because she was uncomfortable sitting. I guess there is a medical reason to do this too, but cosmetic, that's kind of weird. Women hate themselves so much these days. I don't know why their mothers and fathers don't just tell them they are loved and cherished, no matter the cup size or vagina size. I also feel sorry for men who buy penis or prostate pills. These are all scams.

Of course a procedure required or recommended for purely medical reasons is a different matter. I'm talking about optional cosmetic labiaplasty. Maybe I've looked at a miniscule sample and am drawing unwarranted conclusions about how widespread the practice is.

It's just that the seeming ubiquity of labiaplasty, and the fact that apparently hundreds of women walking around naked on Duval every October had paid for "genital rejuvenation" made me conclude it was a common procedure. It's been many years since I did any field work, so I really haven't conducted enough personal sampling to be able to say with any certainty if it is true. ;)

I'm almost afraid to ask what other experiences are.

ziznak

Well, (ahem) I know things can vary in the nether regions from one vag to another and I'm also aware of certain people who have...hmmmmm  I guess a taste for certain types of ehhhhhhhh vagscapes... I wasn't aware that women were doing this like regularly but I have heard of women getting such surgery in the past when things were a bit out of hand. 

Makes me think of that line in Borat...
  "her vageen hangs like wiizards sleeve"

I'm just glad people mostly wear clothes..

Zircon

Quote from: ziznak on September 22, 2012, 10:12:08 PM
  "her vageen hangs like wiizards sleeve"
No wonder women are always pissing and moaning - double "pouters".

Incomprehensible text messages that require my sending a goddamn text asking for clarification! 

[attachimg=1]

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on September 24, 2012, 11:19:13 AM
Incomprehensible text messages that require my sending a goddamn text asking for clarification! 

oh GOD does that piss me off.  texting is supposed to be efficient, and when this happens, it feels like i own a car that has to be pushed.

b_dubb

Paul Reiser annoys the shit out of me

ChewMouse

The clerk-cashier that works nights at the CVS store annoys me.

She always comments on what I buy. Tonight she said, "You sure are buying a lot of aspirin lately!" (I have a sinus headache. A bad headache.) Another time I bought one of those long barbeque lighters for our grill and she said, "I didn't know you smoked!" The girl's a freaking Sherlock Holmes, I tell you. Another time I bought bar soap and she actually held it up to her face, inhaled, and said, "Ohhh, I just love the smell of soap!"

Maybe she should announce my purchases over the PA system! Maybe she should let all the people in line step forward to gaze upon my bounty!

If I had the money, I'd buy incontinence pads, 40 condoms, 12 pregnancy tests, 30 bags of M&Ms and one of those three-legged canes just so I could burst into tears when she makes one of her inane comments and I'd say, "I have a condition! A terrible condition!" Let the people behind me in line feast their eyes on that little situation.

*And she's so damned cheerful! Do you think that helps my headache? Well it doesn't!

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: ChewMouse on September 24, 2012, 08:53:49 PM
The clerk-cashier that works nights at the CVS store annoys me.

She always comments on what I buy. Tonight she said, "You sure are buying a lot of aspirin lately!" (I have a sinus headache. A bad headache.) Another time I bought one of those long barbeque lighters for our grill and she said, "I didn't know you smoked!" The girl's a freaking Sherlock Holmes, I tell you. Another time I bought bar soap and she actually held it up to her face, inhaled, and said, "Ohhh, I just love the smell of soap!"

Maybe she should announce my purchases over the PA system! Maybe she should let all the people in line step forward to gaze upon my bounty!

If I had the money, I'd buy incontinence pads, 40 condoms, 12 pregnancy tests, 30 bags of M&Ms and one of those three-legged canes just so I could burst into tears when she makes one of her inane comments and I'd say, "I have a condition! A terrible condition!" Let the people behind me in line feast their eyes on that little situation.

*And she's so damned cheerful! Do you think that helps my headache? Well it doesn't!

You read my mind. I suffered through this today, as I got an impromptu review of Dylan's latest album from a verbose clerk at a record store and he wanted MY opinion of early Funkadelic. It's like that John Cusack movie about those places I turned off mid-way through...though actually I felt "Better Off Dead" (get it :-[ )

And if you want to freak out a CVS clerk. Buy condoms, vaseline and...coloring books.

ziznak

go in acting agitated and ask her where the nearest gun store is

ChewMouse

Ziz and Eddie, you always make me laugh.

Do you think this helps my headache??

Well. It does.

Sardondi

Quote from: ChewMouse on September 24, 2012, 08:53:49 PM
...If I had the money, I'd buy incontinence pads, 40 condoms, 12 pregnancy tests, 30 bags of M&Ms and one of those three-legged canes just so I could burst into tears when she makes one of her inane comments and I'd say, "I have a condition! A terrible condition!" Let the people behind me in line feast their eyes on that little situation....

I'm still laughing...

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: ChewMouse on September 24, 2012, 09:23:44 PM
Ziz and Eddie, you always make me laugh.

Do you think this helps my headache??

Well. It does.

This may be the first time in Coyle's life that another's headache has actually been helped...and at this hour, no less!

b_dubb

Quote from: ChewMouse on September 24, 2012, 08:53:49 PMThe clerk-cashier that works nights at the CVS store annoys me.

she's just trying to be friendly because that adds to job security. if she weren't that way she might have to explain to management why she isn't overly cheerful. CVS seems to be a decent place to work but it is a faceless corporation and those have a knack for throwing people aside for no good reason