• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Alex Jones

Started by Frys Girl, April 07, 2009, 08:57:10 PM

Juan

There are a lot of sites reporting the ricin guy is a Democrat, but I have not yet found a source for that that I would go with.

Frys Girl

I don't care about his party afilliation. That's as important as his shoe size.
The dangerous thing about Alex Jones and Coast to Coast/ George Noory types is that they prey on mentally ill people. I'll never forget the lady who thought bugs were living in her body and George was mocking her and egging her on. I'm not saying we should limit free speech on the radio, but let's just be aware of how dangerous these lunatic fring radio shows are, because people like Alex Jones are in it for the profit; they'll never suffer the consequences of their influence on mentally ill people directly. I think the only way to make such people accountable for their actions is to not listen (check!) and make sites like this one mocking Alex Jones and George Noory. 

Sleepwalker

Quote from: Frys Girl on April 22, 2013, 09:03:16 AM
The dangerous thing about Alex Jones and Coast to Coast/ George Noory types is that they prey on mentally ill people. I'll never forget the lady who thought bugs were living in her body and George was mocking her and egging her on. I'm not saying we should limit free speech on the radio, but let's just be aware of how dangerous these lunatic fring radio shows are, because people like Alex Jones are in it for the profit; they'll never suffer the consequences of their influence on mentally ill people directly. I think the only way to make such people accountable for their actions is to not listen (check!) and make sites like this one mocking Alex Jones and George Noory.

You may enjoy this article from the StupidCaveman.com website:

The Stupid Caveman Award goes to Alex Jones for suggesting that the Boston Marathon bombings were perpetrated by our own government. The following is from Jones' Infowars website:

Although it’s still a bit early to know for certain, this looks more and more like a planned event that was deployed by the Boston bomb squad, called a “drill,” then used as a pretext for the President to call for TSA agents to be on the streets at all future sporting events.
And that, in turn, is the run-up to the TSA occupation of America, which has always been the goal of Obama. Remember that back on the campaign trail, he announced he wanted to build a “civilian national security force.”

Jones has a loathsome habit of blaming almost every tragedy that befalls America, from the Oklahoma City bombing to the 9-11 attacks to Sandy Hook and the Boston Marathon bombings on our own government.

One of the many things that makes this gravelly-voiced buffoon's behavior so unconscionable is that he personally profits from these horrific events. He exploits them to attract angry, weak-minded conspiracy mongers to his advertiser-supported radio show and websites. According to Forbes, Jones was taking in revenues of about $1.5 million per year in 2010.

One of Jones' enablers is George Noory, host of Coast to Coast AM, syndicated to more than 500 radio stations all over North America. Jones is a frequent guest on Coast to Coast AM and makes personal appearances with Noory, including an upcoming appearance in Toronto in July 2013. Noory's Coast to Coast AM gives Jones an additional 500-plus radio stations from which to promote his conspiratorial, anti-government idiocy.
Here's an exchange between Noory and Jones on Jones' radio show from October 18, 2012:

Noory: "What's kinda funny, Alex, is what was conspiratorial years ago with things that you did and things that I did, they're beginning to become mainstream now. Isn't that amazing?"

Jones: "Yeah, thanks to you. I mean, I'm not groveling, I only give credit where it's due. We were already growing, would've broken out, had some success, but I'm tellin' ya, you were the nitrous oxide . . . really sending us into the stratosphere. So, thank you my friend."

Some might argue that this radio chatter is harmless lunacy until one considers that a certain percentage of the population is paranoid and delusional. It would not be unreasonable to assume that a significant number of Alex Jones' listeners fit into this category. How wise is it to bombard these people with ludicrous, anti-government conspiracy theories day after day, week after week, year after year?

In our view, it is long past time for Jones to develop a conscience and move on to another line of work - one that doesn't involve telling the uneducated and unbalanced that their government is plotting to enslave or kill them. A line of work that doesn't involve the exploitation of the death and suffering of innocent people. What Jones is doing now gives new meaning to the word contemptible. 

onan

Quote from: Frys Girl on April 22, 2013, 09:03:16 AM

Welcome back!!

you have been missed.

Frys Girl

Quote from: onan on April 22, 2013, 02:57:48 PM

Welcome back!!

you have been missed.
Thanks onan! I miss you guys too. Just been busy!

Juan

The only other thing about the ricin guy is that he was an Elvis impersonator.  Interestingly, the guy convicted of having ricin in a Las Vegas hotel room back in 2008 was also an Elvis impersonator.

And Frys Girl, good to have you back.

Frys Girl

Quote from: UFO Fill on April 22, 2013, 04:12:15 PM
The only other thing about the ricin guy is that he was an Elvis impersonator.  Interestingly, the guy convicted of having ricin in a Las Vegas hotel room back in 2008 was also an Elvis impersonator.

And Frys Girl, good to have you back.
Thanks. It's crazy how I stepped away from C2C, and I feel its effects. I really believe ricin suspect was a C2C listener. I think these shows feed into these people's paranoia. There's plenty to be scared about by sticking to the facts, thank you very much.

stevesh

JFTR. the ricin guy was cleared of all charges today, and released.

morphiaflow

Just saw this, if it's already been posted my bad...apparently Tamerlane was an Alex Jones fan...and Jones is saying it's all a plot against HIM, of course....

http://www.salon.com/2013/04/23/tamerlan_tsarnaev_was_an_alex_jones_fan/singleton/

Sleepwalker

Quote from: morphiaflow on April 23, 2013, 06:21:44 PM
Just saw this, if it's already been posted my bad...apparently Tamerlane was an Alex Jones fan...and Jones is saying it's all a plot against HIM, of course....

http://www.salon.com/2013/04/23/tamerlan_tsarnaev_was_an_alex_jones_fan/singleton/

From October 18, 2012

George Noory: "What's kinda funny, Alex, is what was conspiratorial years ago with things that you did and things that I did, they're beginning to become mainstream now. Isn't that amazing?"

Alex Jones: "Yeah, thanks to you. I mean, I'm not groveling, I only give credit where it's due. We were already growing, would've broken out, had some success, but I'm tellin' ya, you were the nitrous oxide . . . really sending us into the stratosphere. So, thank you my friend."

analog kid

George is the catalyst that delivered us the Alex Jones retard injection. Thanks for elevating the debate George.

I'd think Art would be thrilled about that.

Eddie Coyle

Of the litany of shit trends plaguing our society, I think mainstreaming of Jones and his thought process is on the fast track of being the worst. Shame on Piers Morgan and CNN for allowing this metastatis to grow larger. Jones Q rating is rising each day.  >:(

If you know Noory/C2C you were aware of Jones for a long time. A horrible realization of Jones becoming known beyond the boundaries of C2C was when a 15 year old student I had last fall mentioned him as a news source. And the kid became aware of him doing a project on Hurricane Katrina...not good.

Frys Girl

Quote from: stevesh on April 23, 2013, 04:44:07 PM
JFTR. the ricin guy was cleared of all charges today, and released.
Yes! I saw that as well. Poor guy, I feel bad for him; seems like he has a shady friend or viewer/listener who wanted to frame him. He has a youtube channel that he always signs off from stating "This is KC and I endorse this message." It could have been anyone. However, whoever did it, I suspect he or she is a Coast to Coast listener.

Quote from: UFO Fill on April 22, 2013, 08:25:02 AM
There are a lot of sites reporting the ricin guy is a Democrat, but I have not yet found a source for that that I would go with.

I want to make sure I word this carefully (because this is not to be regarded as an attack on you, UFOFill -- you only pointed out a fact with your above words).

We have all become so quick to search for the political label to slap (Republican or Democrat) on those who make the news to either demonize "the other side" or exonerate "our side".  Well, if Curtis, indeed, is a Democratic party member but has now been released and cleared of charges, what are we to make of that?  Would those who desperately wanted Curtis to be guilty and a Democrat now be unhappy?  Will they "accept blame" if the ultimate guilty party ends up being "Republican"?  Or will they call him a RINO or say that he does not reflect true party beliefs?  Such people sure were eager to point to Curtis as a "typical wicked Democrat!" it seems to me.

And if the guy does end up being a conservative Republican, will those who vote progressive argue that he is a "shining example" of what a true right-winger is in this country, or will they acknowledge that he was just one bad apple and not a sign that the whole bunch has gone rotten?

I keep harping on this point on this forum, but we do not push forward the political dialogue in this country when we always and always demonize the other side.

morphiaflow

Actually one thing I find interesting about this whole process is that the lines are getting blurred--not of ideologies--but that there are those on the left AND the right getting equally paranoid and cynical about the government, the media and business, albeit for different reasons and from different perspectives. I'd be interested in seeing a pie chart with all the different subdivisions, from extreme fringe left to extreme fringe right, but I don't have the time or skills to do it. But I bet it's already out there somewhere...

Juan

I agree completely on the failure of demonization to carry an argument.

I think at least part of the reason the left and right are both becoming concerned about government, media and business is because so many people seem to slide so effortlessly from one to the other.  A correspondent becomes the press secretary, a campaign head becomes a media figure,  a top congressional aide becomes an executive of a firm that gets a huge government grant - when this happens repeatedly, regardless of party, I don't know that it's paranoid to be concerned.

Quote from: UFO Fill on April 24, 2013, 02:56:41 PM
I agree completely on the failure of demonization to carry an argument.

I think at least part of the reason the left and right are both becoming concerned about government, media and business is because so many people seem to slide so effortlessly from one to the other.  A correspondent becomes the press secretary, a campaign head becomes a media figure,  a top congressional aide becomes an executive of a firm that gets a huge government grant - when this happens repeatedly, regardless of party, I don't know that it's paranoid to be concerned.

Pigs at a trough, UFOF, pigs at a trough.... 

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: UFO Fill on April 24, 2013, 02:56:41 PM

You've hit on something that has long driven me to drink(more than usual) is the incestuous nature in the corridors of power, where these insiders weave from each sector, like ultility fielders. In the media one year, in an administration the next, at a think tank, so on and so forth. I believe it does justify cynicism and paranoia toward our elites. They go to the same schools, work for the same law firms, belong to the same social register.

In the big picture, I tend to feel there's barely a dime's worth of difference between David Axelrod and Newt Gingrich. Two players in the power game just sneering at the rest of us peons.

Sleepwalker

Alex Jones: "You saw them stage Fast and Furious. Folks, they staged Aurora, they staged Sandy Hook. The evidence is just overwhelming. And that's why I'm so desperate and freaked out. This is not fun, you know, getting up here telling you this. Somebody's got to tell you the truth."

Not fun, Alex?  But it pays well, doesn't it?   It paid for your $800,000 house.  According to Forbes, your insane rantings earned you $1.5 million in 2010.  Your pal George Noory must be really proud of you. 

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on April 24, 2013, 03:13:39 PM
          You've hit on something that has long driven me to drink(more than usual) is the incestuous nature in the corridors of power, where these insiders weave from each sector, like ultility fielders. In the media one year, in an administration the next, at a think tank, so on and so forth. I believe it does justify cynicism and paranoia toward our elites. They go to the same schools, work for the same law firms, belong to the same social register.

In the big picture, I tend to feel there's barely a dime's worth of difference between David Axelrod and Newt Gingrich. Two players in the power game just sneering at the rest of us peons.

Nicely put, Eddie.  Yes, for the rich and powerful and well-connected, life is one big revolving door.  Easy access to the best schools, easy access to good jobs.  They go from political office to a think tank or lobbying firm or to a position of authority with some multi-national (think Haliburton) or to some media outlet.  They slide pretty easily back into politics when the mood hits (and they're able to con enough voters).  It's all pretty damn discouraging.

eddie dean

Quote from: West of the Rockies on April 24, 2013, 04:59:36 PM
Nicely put, Eddie.  Yes, for the rich and powerful and well-connected, life is one big revolving door.  Easy access to the best schools, easy access to good jobs.  They go from political office to a think tank or lobbying firm or to a position of authority with some multi-national (think Haliburton) or to some media outlet.  They slide pretty easily back into politics when the mood hits (and they're able to con enough voters).  It's all pretty damn discouraging.

I agree at how frustrating it is, and  how routinely and seemless such transitions into or out of public sector/ Government can be.
What drives me to mainline black tar (more than I should) is the hypocrites who criticize the other side, for political gain, for doing exactly what they hope to do someday.
Get elected or appointed for political power to influence policy then move to the private sector to get the big pay.

You got that right, eddie!  A stroll past the politics section at Barnes & Noble reveals dozens of books from this bloviating hypocrites.  Lying and grifting is only bad when the other side does it, don't you know?

analog kid

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on April 24, 2013, 03:13:39 PM

I for one am perfectly happy with the direction our country is taking... bear in mind however, I'm on fistfuls of anti-anxiety meds, I drink a water glass of scotch every morning and I've always wanted to see what a fertilizer explosion looks like from the inside.  Not to mention, my venomous nihilism and hatred of humanity makes me super-happy with the thought that all of our descendants will certainly be walking the scorched and blasted remains of a once beautiful world with their swollen, mutated feet wrapped in bloody rags.

But totally agree on a serious note.

Eddie Coyle

I don't listen to Jones, so I have no idea what he's saying about the obvious frame up in Boston ::) ...but if that wig wearing fat fuck is saying the Chechen brothers couldn't have pulled off this deed, here's this:
      Boylston Street reopened today to the public, and since I had four books due at the Boston Public Library, I had to drop them off. The BPL is directly across the street(probably 40 feet) from bomb blast number one on 671/673 Boylston. It's a store called Marathon Sports. There must have been 200 people in front of the store taking pictures. Very morbid, but understandable. It was also 70 degrees and sunny, our first nice day(if you like such things) in weeks.

So, from the BPL I walked up Boylston and passed the Forum restuarant on 755 Boylston. That's the site of blast 2. It took me roughly 45-50 seconds to go between blast site 1 and blast site 2. The younger Tsarnaev was caught on video leaving the scene turning from Boylston down Fairfield street. So, from bomb site 1(Marathon Sports) to Fairfield would probably take 80 seconds tops. In a hurry, like I presume he was...probably under 70.

So if Jonesy is trying to play games about time lapses, I can tell you definitively that this point of escape is literally a minute half, two minutes at most. Points between bombings is not far, maybe a football field plus 15 yards. Don't let the adresses fool ya, there's not a hell of a lot of room between 671 and 755 Boylston.

Frys Girl

Quote from: Sleepwalker on April 24, 2013, 03:22:00 PM
Alex Jones: "You saw them stage Fast and Furious. Folks, they staged Aurora, they staged Sandy Hook. The evidence is just overwhelming. And that's why I'm so desperate and freaked out. This is not fun, you know, getting up here telling you this. Somebody's got to tell you the truth."

Not fun, Alex?  But it pays well, doesn't it?   It paid for your $800,000 house.  According to Forbes, your insane rantings earned you $1.5 million in 2010.  Your pal George Noory must be really proud of you.
Wow. Really? How do you know this? That's a lot of bumper stickers and tshirts.

This conspiracy schtick is more lucrative than I'd imagined. I knew there was something fueling that ridiculous amount of screaming and lying.

As to "evidence," what evidence?! Alex never states clear evidence. That's the problem with his show: it's never evidence based. Instead, he just yells and fear-mongers and dresses it up with classic rock. BORING!!! It's a bunch of cheap rhetorical tactics employed instead of outlining of facts and evidence. "those look like special ops uniforms, therefore it was an inside job." WTH? that's it? That's all you got? You think your audience is that dumb.... well gee.... 1.5 million bucks! wow

Sleepwalker

Quote from: Frys Girl on April 25, 2013, 12:47:52 AM
Wow. Really? How do you know this? That's a lot of bumper stickers and tshirts.

This conspiracy schtick is more lucrative than I'd imagined. I knew there was something fueling that ridiculous amount of screaming and lying.

As to "evidence," what evidence?! Alex never states clear evidence. That's the problem with his show: it's never evidence based. Instead, he just yells and fear-mongers and dresses it up with classic rock. BORING!!! It's a bunch of cheap rhetorical tactics employed instead of outlining of facts and evidence. "those look like special ops uniforms, therefore it was an inside job." WTH? that's it? That's all you got? You think your audience is that dumb.... well gee.... 1.5 million bucks! wow

The Jones quote was from Salon.com.  The financial info is from Forbes.com.

Jones blames the government for Oklahoma City, 9/11, Aurora, Sandy Hook, Boston and more.  There is no evidence, just insanity on Jones' part.

I was disappointed to hear Richard Belzer proclaim his admiration for George and Alex Jones last night.  I watched him on Law & Order for years and it's sad to think he's so deep into this conspiracy nonsense that he admires George Noory and Alex Jones.  I have some suspicions myself when it comes to the JFK assassination but Belzer and I part company when he admires crackpots like Jones.  If I wrote a book the last person I would want endorsing it is Alex Jones.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ziznak on April 17, 2013, 02:53:28 PM
You guys gotta hear Alex call in to OnA today...
http://gregorioantonioyimmy.blogspot.com/
its a little after 2 hours in... he says he was up all night doing coast to coast... and then he says some other shit that tops his coast appearance.  He really eats these disasters up.

i heard that whole interview.  wow.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Sleepwalker on April 25, 2013, 07:24:30 AM

Jones blames the government for Oklahoma City, 9/11, Aurora, Sandy Hook, Boston and more.  There is no evidence, just insanity on Jones' part.

I was disappointed to hear Richard Belzer proclaim his admiration for George and Alex Jones last night.  I watched him on Law & Order for years and it's sad to think he's so deep into this conspiracy nonsense that he admires George Noory and Alex Jones.  I have some suspicions myself when it comes to the JFK assassination but Belzer and I part company when he admires crackpots like Jones.  If I wrote a book the last person I would want endorsing it is Alex Jones.
"The Belz" is very smart,clever and was Howard Stern's best guest(they'd atgue endlessly) when sitting in for the news. However, he's long had a hatred for government which borders on pathology which I believe has lead to this rather unfortunate connection to Noory/Jones.

I was recently listening to an old Stern tape from May,1995 with Belzer as a guest and within two weeks of McVeigh's arrest he was declaring him a patsy and making Reichstag fire comparisons.

That myopic hatred and mistrust of government has lead a smart man to consort with imbeciles like Jones/Noory.