• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things that bring me joy....

Started by West of the Rockies, July 19, 2013, 03:21:12 PM

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: West of the Rockies on December 19, 2013, 06:58:56 PM
God, I'll be happy when this page of the thread no longer opens with the news of my impending divorce.  I don't need any reminders....

I'm on it buddy

bumping

bumping

bumping

bumping....

BobGrau

When I go out back for a smoke at midnight and my neighbour's cat pops up.

Quote from: BobGrau on December 20, 2013, 06:43:24 PM
When I go out back for a smoke at midnight and my neighbour's cat pops up.

Wait, do we have another damn Brit or Aussie here!  We Yanks spell neighbor without that high-falutin' 'u'!* 

(By the way, if something can be high falutin', can it be low falutin'?  If we can be disgruntled, is there any chance we can be regruntled?)

Just kidding... I am an Anglophile.

BobGrau

Quote from: West of the Rockies on December 20, 2013, 07:29:56 PM
Wait, do we have another damn Brit or Aussie here!  We Yanks spell neighbor without that high-falutin' 'u'!* 

(By the way, if something can be high falutin', can it be low falutin'?  If we can be disgruntled, is there any chance we can be regruntled?)

Just kidding... I am an Anglophile.

I'm actually scottish... we spell it 'neighbour' but we pronounce it more like "thatcuntthatexpectsmetobeciviltohim"

jazmunda

Quote from: BobGrau on December 20, 2013, 07:38:28 PM
I'm actually scottish... we spell it 'neighbour' but we pronounce it more like "thatcuntthatexpectsmetobeciviltohim"

What's under the kilt?

Quote from: BobGrau on December 20, 2013, 07:38:28 PM

Oh, snap!  UK insults are just the best!

BobGrau

BobGrau

Quote from: West of the Rockies on December 20, 2013, 07:47:49 PM
Oh, snap!  UK insults are just the best!

I disagree... only an american can say 'douchebag' properly and mean it.
Even though that's sort of French, really...

maureen

This is NOT a  Commonwealth conspiracy to take over the forum!! Honestly you're good neighbours! ;)

Quote from: maureen on December 20, 2013, 08:25:22 PM
This is NOT a  Commonwealth conspiracy to take over the forum!! Honestly you're good neighbours! ;)

et tu maureen?

We are one big, happy melting pot here.   :)

BobGrau

Quote from: Treading Water on December 20, 2013, 08:35:30 PM
We are one big, happy melting pot here.   :)

Yep, who'd have thought there were so many different types of white middle class english speakers?

maureen

it´s always a lovely romp through the quick wit and rapid repartee

BobGrau

Quote from: BobGrau on December 20, 2013, 08:37:26 PM
Yep, who'd have thought there were so many different types of white middle class english speakers?

Good excuse to post this again

The War on Terra - Canada vs Australia [RAP NEWS 17]

aldousburbank

So, here's what I gots The Mrs and me for Christmas. That's right, a little Navajo rug I fancied which I acquired from a nephew. Oh yeah, also several 100 count bags of fine Bolivian Coca candies heh. way cheaper than the freekin airbooktweek i got her Yes, I love myself.

[attachimg=1]

Quote from: BobGrau on December 20, 2013, 07:51:53 PM
I disagree... only an american can say 'douchebag' properly and mean it.
Even though that's sort of French, really...

The first time I heard the term "douchebag" was in Revenge of the Nerds, spoken by the inimitable Booger.  Can anyone date the phrase prior to that film?

Chine

Quote from: aldousburbank on December 23, 2013, 06:24:44 PM
So, here's what I gots The Mrs and me for Christmas. That's right, a little Navajo rug I fancied which I acquired from a nephew. Oh yeah, also several 100 count bags of fine Bolivian Coca candies heh. way cheaper than the freekin airbooktweek i got her Yes, I love myself.

[attachimg=1]

Beautiful! Bolivian Coca candies...sounds divine.

onan

BobGrau

The GabCast gave me all kinds of joy tonight.

Chine

Quote from: onan on December 23, 2013, 08:10:43 PM
welcome back

Onan!!! Hi! Missed you. Yep, been busy with art etc and other life stuff. All good. :)

steelbot

Chines return! - Aldous' Twas the Night before Gabcast poem! and all the other fun and great things this forum has to offer people that "get it" =P peace and happiness to everyone out there for all your festivus' and see ya all on the flip - 2014!

Chine

Quote from: steelbot on December 23, 2013, 08:36:09 PM
Chines return! - Aldous' Twas the Night before Gabcast poem! and all the other fun and great things this forum has to offer people that "get it" =P peace and happiness to everyone out there for all your festivus' and see ya all on the flip - 2014!

I can't believe I just missed tonight's GabCast. Walked in as it ended. Replay posted on ufoship?

Being able to fly up to Cleveland to see my mother, brother and friends gives me great joy. And...baseball.

jazmunda

Quote from: Chine on December 23, 2013, 08:41:28 PM
I can't believe I just missed tonight's GabCast. Walked in as it ended. Replay posted on ufoship?

Probably by tomorrow if MV isn't the grinch that stole Chrismakah. Also welcome back.

aldousburbank

Quote from: steelbot on December 23, 2013, 08:36:09 PM
Chines return! - Aldous' Twas the Night before Gabcast poem! and all the other fun and great things this forum has to offer people that "get it"
Wait, get what?

aldousburbank

Quote from: steelbot on December 23, 2013, 11:23:52 PM
The Energy of being!  ;D ;)
Yes, I love Being Crosby this time of the year.  Going to put that on now.

steelbot

Quote from: aldousburbank on December 23, 2013, 11:28:04 PM
Yes, I love Being Crosby this time of the year.  Going to put that on now.
lolz

b_dubb

last day at work is one week from Thursday.  really looking forward to not working at hyper shitty multinational conglomerate.  reeeeaaally looking forward to that.