• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

K_Dubb

Quote from: SredniVashtar on May 25, 2018, 12:46:56 AM
That's completely untrue. I've seen some of yours and they were like e.e  cummings on crack. My second will call on you in the morning.

Lies!  I have only once indulged in free verse, and am ashamed of it to this day.

lonevoice

What I'm hearing tonight mostly reminds me of Dr. John Lily's research (before he got so completely enscrewed with his ketamine experiments conducted in sensory deprivation tanks).

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: lonevoice on May 25, 2018, 12:51:10 AM
What I'm hearing tonight mostly reminds me of Dr. John Lily's research (before he got so completely enscrewed with his ketamine experiments conducted in sensory deprivation tanks).

Day of the Dolphin?

Spookcat

What happened with that last caller? Are they getting cut off or hanging up to take answers off air?

Lilith

painter17

what specific cases prove telepathy is a real ability? Rosenblatt said it is a proven fact? by who? whats the evidence? what cases? there is no specifics....

Sean92008

Enjoyed listening tonight.

G'night Winnies (Miss & Mr.)

El Chorro

Uri Geller table settings should go up on Bart Ell.

Good show Dave :)

Zenman

Good guest, good gabbers, good questions! Enjoyed it!

Lilith

I totally enjoyed the caller hour! I thought the guest handled the callers very well!

Thanks Dave, Thanks bellgabbers!

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: SredniVashtar on May 25, 2018, 12:37:43 AM
I'll take a dozen. In wipe-clean covers.

Order received, 12 copies, first thirty pages needed only, laminated in plastic, sent sea mail.

Belles

Thanks Dave. Interesting show.

WinWinS

Quote from: El Chorro on May 25, 2018, 12:54:54 AM
Uri Geller table settings should go up on Bart Ell.

Good show Dave :)

WinWinS

Quote from: brig on May 25, 2018, 12:56:48 AM
I totally enjoyed the caller hour! I thought the guest handled the callers very well!

Thanks Dave, Thanks bellgabbers!

Thanks Brig

El Chorro

painter17

omg! uri geller is the real thing?
he's been debunked  multiple times

sydtron

Great show!  The open lines tomorrow night should be on fire!
Anybody catch the phone number so I can put it in my phone?

DaveSchrader

Gnite Kids! Thanks for the fun and excellent questions and calls.

DS

painter17

Thanks Dave! great show!   I want to believe in remote viewing but..... James Randi still has never found ONE person to exhibit their abilities

WinWinS

painter17

Quote from: painter17 on May 25, 2018, 12:59:41 AM
Thanks Dave! great show!   I want to believe in remote viewing but..... James Randi still has never found ONE person to exhibit their abilities
Thanks Dave! great show, lots of fun!

El Chorro

Quote from: painter17 on May 25, 2018, 12:58:32 AM
omg! uri geller is the real thing?
he's been debunked  multiple times

Yes, I think Marty tried to finesse that by saying Geller also indulged in traditional magic tricks

WinWinS

Thanks gabbers for being part of the show...hope you all enjoyed it. Until next time C ya on the flipside gnite kids

K_Dubb

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on May 25, 2018, 12:35:15 AM
Yeah, me too. I think it's a mode of the creative brain rather than anything supernatural. Some tapping of the subconscious that allows a hyper-focus. I think it happens for other people in different ways, such as someone building a ship model and losing track of time, or anyone that's "in the zone" for what they do.

I was thinking specifically of the feeling that it "came from somewhere else."  I imagine it's similar feeling when writing a tightly structured novel where, in the act of writing, you are so concerned with the architecture that the actual inspiration does seem to exist in a different dimension.

painter17

Marty believed in bending spoons before? but not by Geller when he's doing magic? Geller couldn't bend one spoon when it was under a controlled  setting. He couldn't perform ONE single act of telepathy...