• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Celebrity Deaths

Started by noodlehead.crucified.c2c, June 25, 2009, 05:28:29 PM

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 19, 2018, 08:50:45 PM

It was not wise to try and drink while taking mandrax.

Funny enough, the people would usually survive just fine and sustained minimal injury because they were so loosey goosey. ;)

albrecht

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 19, 2018, 07:28:27 PM
I somehow knew even before I clicked on the article that it was going to say Fentanyl. I'm starting to think it should be taken off the market altogether.
The problem is that in certain tragic cases it is a very useful drug. This for say cancer patients etc and prescribed carefully; not some kid trying to "party" buying the shit from some Chinese online website or inadvertently taking it because it was "cut" with stuff that, while very bad, not AS bad. There definitely needs to be reconsiderations of how drugs are prescribed, drug laws, and more enforcement of what is coming across our open border and from China, etc.

albrecht

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 19, 2018, 08:50:45 PM

It was not wise to try and drink while taking mandrax.
My often referenced guy Dr. Wouter Basson was involved in this stuff. I'm not sure why Hollywood hasn't done a movie, or at least some book hasn't be written, about the guy and the various "projects." From the ultimate scary (rumors of genetic-based bioweapons) to the- potentially- funny, but not really considering the history, (trying to figure out a mixture of stuff like Ludes, X, LSD, and cocaine as an anti-riot agent.) Imagine a riot of blacks against the apartheid government or some commie bush insurgency suddenly turning into Studio 54 dancing or orgy!
Re: Ludes/Mandrax:
"Some percentage of this consumption, as well as on the European and Near East clandestine drug markets, was/is in all probability sourced from the massive cache of powder and tabletted methaqualone produced under the aegis of the apartheid-era South African government's Project Coast in a segment thereof directed by Dr Wouter Basson (whose "Brownies" are capsules of pure MDMA in doses of up to 135 mg), who at one point was held by police in Croatia carrying $40m in Vatican bearer bonds when attempting to purchase 500 kilos of methaqualone."

Back to thread:
co-founder of the Saltlick BBQ, in Driftwood outside Austin, has died.
https://www.texasmonthly.com/bbq/salt-lick-co-founder-hisako-roberts-dies-age-104/
ps: there is a chicken and dumplings recipe contained in the end of the obit/article

paladin1991

Quote from: mv on January 19, 2018, 07:57:39 PM
no shit.  i've been seeing the name of that drug in connection with dead people more and more frequently.

thank god pot's illegal, though.

Yeah, imagine what would happen if they let that madman loose

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 19, 2018, 08:41:06 PM
You probably don't remember this and it's frankly before my time but back in the seventies there was a drug called quaaludes...

The fabulous Quay Lude (aka Fee Waybill), with The Tubes, no doubt performing their smash hit, "White Punks on Dope", 1975.

(I am sorry to hear how Petty checked out)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Étouffée on January 19, 2018, 11:14:25 PM

The fabulous Quay Lude (aka Fee Waybill), with The Tubes, no doubt performing their smash hit, "White Punks on Dope", 1975.

(I am sorry to hear how Petty checked out)

They were a great band! 8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fgjfi1DU1mQ

"or, a baby's arm, holding an apple".

Still cracks me up.

Taaroa

Quote from: Étouffée on January 19, 2018, 11:14:25 PM

I think I saw that band play in November (supporting Alice Cooper). They were all dressed like chefs and weren't very good.

Maybe a fan would've enjoyed it...

Quote from: Taaroa on January 20, 2018, 12:03:47 AM
I think I saw that band play in November (supporting Alice Cooper). They were all dressed like chefs and weren't very good.

Maybe a fan would've enjoyed it...
I don't think I'd want to see what's left of The Tubes now, or Alice Cooper, for that matter.  It's a long way from 1975.

God speed, though, to the geezer rockers who are still alive, and still want to play a little rock and roll.

When the music's over.  When the music's over.  When the music's over.
Turn out the lights.
Turn out the lights.
Turn out the lights.

Taaroa

Quote from: Étouffée on January 20, 2018, 03:31:28 AM
I don't think I'd want to see what's left of The Tubes now, or Alice Cooper, for that matter.  It's a long way from 1975.

God speed, though, to the geezer rockers who are still alive, and still want to play a little rock and roll.

When the music's over.
Alice Cooper at least was excellent.

I think that if you liked a group's music and they're still touring, you may as well see them while you can since you never know when they'll hang it up completely or just plain drop dead. I sorta want to see the Rolling Stones for this reason  ;)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Taaroa on January 20, 2018, 06:31:45 AM
Alice Cooper at least was excellent.

I think that if you liked a group's music and they're still touring, you may as well see them while you can since you never know when they'll hang it up completely or just plain drop dead. I sorta want to see the Rolling Stones for this reason  ;)

I saw them as a kid. My dad took my brother an I to one of their shows and they were horrible. They rushed through all of their songs at double time and then were out. Of course, the crowd didn't seem to care because it was the Stones. The opening acts were way better. I'd never pay to see them

"As far as I'm concerned, there won't be a Beatles' reunion as long as John Lennon remains dead"

George Harrison.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 20, 2018, 09:50:42 AM
I saw them as a kid. My dad took my brother an I to one of their shows and they were horrible. They rushed through all of their songs at double time and then were out. Of course, the crowd didn't seem to care because it was the Stones. The opening acts were way better. I'd never pay to see them

Sorry you had a bad experience.  I saw them in 2006 and they were nothing short of fantastic.  Best show I have ever seen.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Billy Joe Mulgreavey on January 23, 2018, 10:07:27 PM
Sorry you had a bad experience.  I saw them in 2006 and they were nothing short of fantastic.  Best show I have ever seen.

Have you seen a lot of live music? It was probably cocaine or something back then. I do like a lot of their music.

Quote from: trostol on January 23, 2018, 09:56:21 PM
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/ursula-k-le-guin-acclaimed-for-her-fantasy-fiction-is-dead-at-88/ar-AAv5a1h?OCID=ansmsnnews11

"Books aren't just commodities; the profit motive is often in conflict with the aims of art.  We live in capitalism. Its power seems inescapable - but then, so did the divine right of kings.  Any human power can be resisted and changed by human beings.  Resistance and change often begin in art.  Very often in our art, the art of words."

Ursula Le Guin, "Spiritual Mother" of generations of Sci-Fi and Fantasy authors, from her 2014 speech at the National Book Awards.

albrecht

Quote from: 21st Century Man on January 24, 2018, 10:57:12 PM
A cover for AIDS, no doubt.  RIP.
The website was so bad on phone but I had it down as out of work and too much extra-strong lager or cider and sleeping rough and since no longer warm onesies suit the cold getting him. I could be wrong. Wished I woulda bought a recent "Big Issue" he was selling, he could've maybe got an extra dram of gin that might have warmed him enough.

Rix Gins

Robert Dowdell has died at the age of 85.  I enjoyed watching him play Chip on the television series Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea.  Rip.  https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/robert-dowdell-actor-on-voyage-to-the-bottom-of-the-sea-dies-at-85/ar-AAvdbk5?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=edgsp

BobGrau

I'm now drunk enough to confront the full horror of living in a Mark E. Smithless world.

https://youtu.be/-p3HjKEnI3w

A very Bellgab/Coast to Coast related song.

"They had some good chats"

albrecht

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/22/obituaries/naomi-parker-fraley-the-real-rosie-the-riveter-dies-at-96.html
Surprised nobody posted but, I also think it is unsure and the original photo didn't meet OSHA standards (but the male tool-n-die guys likely liked to look at it.)

albrecht

Founder of HAMAS dies from "accidental self-inflicted gunshot."
https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/241335

GravitySucks

Quote from: albrecht on January 30, 2018, 03:27:08 PM

I am guessing that the muslims are trying to cover up his suicide attempt - assuming that is not condoned in their religion of peace.

paladin1991

Quote from: albrecht on January 30, 2018, 03:27:08 PM

Was he a friend of Hillary's?  Did he shoot himself in the back of the head?  5 times?

Bwahahahhahaahhahahahahaha