• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Sling TV, Roku and the like

Started by damon, February 12, 2017, 05:07:28 PM

damon

Hello everyone, I hope that everyone is doing good today. Here is my question for everyone. Is Sling TV good? is there a better service out there? I just what everyone Point Of view on this. I am just tired of my cable company because they SUCK  so i got rid of my cable company.

PlayStation Vue seems to get the best reviews

Luka Megurine

I dont watch TV but it's nice to be able to get local weather channels so i installed one of these antennas. I am at least 30 miles from the nearest tower and they just get further out from there and i can still pick up 15+ channels. I got mine on jet.com with a 20% discount code and paid $60 and been using it for years. 

https://www.antennasdirect.com/store/ClearStream-C2-VHF-Long-Range-Combo-Complete.html

Lord Grantham

I recently purchased an AirTv device. Its android based, can be hooked up to the internet via wifi or ethernet cable, and has an adapter allowing the connection of an antenna. What it does is includes the over the air channels in the same menu as the SlingTV channels. I really like it, the only downsides are that you aren't able to surf through channels  to see whats on (you're limited to the guide menu only) and it freezes up / fails to load shows every once in awhile. Otherwise it saves me more than $50 every month.

As for antennas, I have the Terk Trinity. I have it on the fourth floor of an 18 story building in a downtown area and I'm getting 30+ channels.