• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Main Menu

Guns

Started by Caruthers612, July 01, 2010, 11:34:40 PM

mikuthing01

I just maxed out a credit card to build another AR15 just in case... Better to buy now while prices are stable and a panic buy starts.

You can never own to many guns ;)

theONE

Quote from: mikuthing01 on October 13, 2016, 11:32:15 PM
I just maxed out a credit card to build another AR15 just in case... Better to buy now while prices are stable and a panic buy starts.

Picture or didn't happen...

mikuthing01

Quote from: theONE on October 13, 2016, 11:34:16 PM
Picture or didn't happen...

I don't even have the parts yet lol.

I always wanted to build a Colt M602 Clone so figured i might as well order the parts just in case....

theONE

Quote from: mikuthing01 on October 13, 2016, 11:49:28 PM
I don't even have the parts yet lol.

I always wanted to build a Colt M602 Clone so figured i might as well order the parts just in case....

GREAT MACHINE !!!
Can you fire firecrackers from it ??? ;)

P.S. Art, I like to collect that $20000 you offered few months ago as a Reward.
I [tricked ;)] and tracked your.... , lol

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: mikuthing01 on October 13, 2016, 11:32:15 PM
I just maxed out a credit card to build another AR15 just in case...

Just in case you decide mass murder can't be overdone....

And with your attitude, YOU having one firearm is one too many. Oh, before you say it, yes I can shoot. I was trained by the military.

theONE

theONE you are banned.This ban is not set to expire.

akwilly

Here is a big ass gun

Going primitive. Just got a nice 1858 Remington repro. Couple extra cylinders. A .457 Ball mold,.450 conical bullet mold. Getting into making powder, rolling cartridges. Got a little punch for making caps out of beer.cans. Next to buy a cylinder for  cartridges. They make one for .45LC and another for .45acp cowboy loads. Found alder wood chips at a local home store (best charcoal) Stump remover(KNO3). Sulfur  . Rolling cartridges with cigarette papers-1.25 at least, 1.0 too narrow. EMF has best deal on 8" 1858, Cabelas has best deal on 5.5" 1858. Nice thing  these pistols, all cylinders require no paperwork and will be delivered with only just having to sign for it on delivery.I bought some brass balls to use with a rock polisher to  ball mill the powder. Got a "corning" press. (Black powder gets better if compressed into "pucks" before grinding into "grains". Got an old fashioned ceramic coffee grinder for the graining job.Made some grease out of some tallow,shotning and beeswax. !858 has a nice balance and feels like a "natural" point. 1858 is probably the strongest of all the repro. pistols as it was in the days it was state of the art, Much stronger than the Colts. The 1858 also has notches on the cylinders to "park" the hammer so all 6 can be carried loaded whereas the Colts need to "park" on an empty cylinder for safety.The cartridge cylinders can only be used on steel framed models. There are brass framed models also.
So, Save all your brass you may nee it.  I don't think black powder would be too good for an AR in a pinch. I burns dirty. Smokeless for your modern types might not be too hard to make but nitric acid is expensive. If I get the money together for  an AR type I want one with a piston so if it had to run on the Black at least it wouldn't blow all that crap into the works.
Something is appealing to me about the self sufficiency. I have made my own KNO3  from compost, manure and piss But it is easier to just have a couple cases of stump remover around. I have checked out several yards around for suitable wood for charcoal though I found Alder chips for smokers. I have spotted several willows around(another best charcoal). I am experimenting with cotton, holly, bamboo.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Unquenchable Angst on October 23, 2016, 04:29:16 PM
my new toy

Sweet. I only have two cowboy style revolvers. They are only chambered in .22 and .22 magnum. I have modern ones in 38/357 and 44 magnum.

A few years back I bought the Rossi lever action rifles in 38/357 and 44 magnum. It is nice having a rifle that shoots the same rounds as your revolver. I found an old Ruger 44 magnum semi-auto carbine as well.

It has been a long time since I have fired black powder. It is a decent SHTF approach, but after analyzing most reasonable scenarios I felt packaging commercial ammo in ammo cans was more practical than storing the makings. If they run out (highly doubtful), I have two crossbows and about 200 bolts. Next comes my slingshots. After that, I guess my secret weapons will have to come out of storage.

theONE

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 23, 2016, 04:49:28 PM
Sweet. I only have two cowboy style revolvers. They are only chambered in .22 and .22 magnum. I have modern ones in 38/357 and 44 magnum.

A few years back I bought the Rossi lever action rifles in 38/357 and 44 magnum. It is nice having a rifle that shoots the same rounds as your revolver. I found an old Ruger 44 magnum semi-auto carbine as well.

It has been a long time since I have fired black powder. It is a decent SHTF approach, but after analyzing most reasonable scenarios I felt packaging commercial ammo in ammo cans was more practical than storing the makings. If they run out (highly doubtful), I have two crossbows and about 200 bolts. Next comes my slingshots. After that, I guess my secret weapons will have to come out of storage.

I knew it -you will manipulate the gravity force so your enemies will be sucked out of here
/why not to start with that and save the ammo?/

mikuthing01

Quote from: Unquenchable Angst on October 23, 2016, 04:29:16 PM
my new toy
nice

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 23, 2016, 04:49:28 PM
It is nice having a rifle that shoots the same rounds as your revolver.
it is, and that's why i built a AR15 in 9mm that takes glock mags. It's cheap to shoot and don't have to worry as much about your background because they drop off fast past 100 yards.

mikuthing01

I could have used a stack of these today when i was sighting in my AR9, which ran flawlessly i might add i guess i did half ass decent picking out a buffer/spring combination

http://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2016/11/04/people-are-mad-at-this-trump-supporter-who-made-3750-in-2-hours-selling-hillary-targets/

mikuthing01

We broke our own record..........AGAIN!

During the 24 hours of Black Friday, the FBI reported 184k background checks. That is enough weaponry to outfit the US Marine Corp.

http://tribunist.com/news/americans-bought-enough-guns-on-black-friday-to-arm-the-marine-corps/?utm_source=SR

I thought gun sales would be low since Trump was elected. I didn't pay much attention to the black Friday gun deals but i guess some places were selling AR15's for $299 and DPMS AR10's for $650. Maybe the election recounts had some people panicked as well. I bought 500 rounds of Remington 9mm for $60 after rebate and called it a day.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: asukathing02 on November 29, 2016, 08:17:31 PM
We broke our own record..........AGAIN!

During the 24 hours of Black Friday, the FBI reported 184k background checks. That is enough weaponry to outfit the US Marine Corp.

http://tribunist.com/news/americans-bought-enough-guns-on-black-friday-to-arm-the-marine-corps/?utm_source=SR

I thought gun sales would be low since Trump was elected. I didn't pay much attention to the black Friday gun deals but i guess some places were selling AR15's for $299 and DPMS AR10's for $650. Maybe the election recounts had some people panicked as well. I bought 500 rounds of Remington 9mm for $60 after rebate and called it a day.

I heard this on the news today and it made me think of Bellgab. Isn't that cute? Isn't that true?  :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liOtOSR_Pp0

Jackstar

Quote from: revythingM9 on November 29, 2016, 08:17:31 PM
I thought gun sales would be low since Drumpf was elected.

I feel very safe in my state surrounded by guns and weed. I just want you all to know that.

albrecht

As reported on before Obama is planning to place anyone who receives SSI federally, legally listed as "mentally defective*" and make them subject to the prohibitions from owning a gun per the "Gun Control Act." Raises some interesting points: Obama is claiming if you are old and poor, or if you are blind, for example, than you are "mentally defective." Conceivably under Obama's ideas someone like Stephen Hawking, if he were poor, would be considered "mentally defective" because he is in a wheel-chair.

(Note many alarmists have said that Obama is going to take away guns from other people via various regulations and Executive Order- like this one is going to take guns away from those on Social Security, but this, so-far, is not true. For now, he is targeting the most fragile amongst us- the poor and disabled (the actually mentally ill are already banned from firearms.))

https://www.regulations.gov/docket?D=SSA-2016-0011
https://pjmedia.com/trending/2016/12/28/obama-admin-yanks-2a-rights-from-ssi-recipients//?singlepage=true

* although Obama's bureacrats claim "“We are not attempting to imply a connection between mental illness and a propensity for violence, particularly gun violence.” So just making up new rules for the heck of it?  :o

mikuthing01

Quote from: albrecht on December 28, 2016, 03:37:01 PM
As reported on before Obama is planning to place anyone who receives SSI federally, legally listed as "mentally defective*" and make them subject to the prohibitions from owning a gun per the "Gun Control Act." Raises some interesting points: Obama is claiming if you are old and poor, or if you are blind, for example, than you are "mentally defective." Conceivably under Obama's ideas someone like Stephen Hawking, if he were poor, would be considered "mentally defective" because he is in a wheel-chair.
https://www.regulations.gov/docket?D=SSA-2016-0011
https://pjmedia.com/trending/2016/12/28/obama-admin-yanks-2a-rights-from-ssi-recipients//?singlepage=true

* although Obama's bureacrats claim "“We are not attempting to imply a connection between mental illness and a propensity for violence, particularly gun violence.” So just making up new rules for the heck of it?  :o

I'd like to see the nigger try lol

albrecht

Quote from: benisthing01 :DD on December 28, 2016, 03:43:29 PM

I'm not on SSI but, as the trope goes, "first they came for....."

Note: many alarmists have said that Obama is going to take away guns from other people via various regulations and Executive Order- like this one is going to take guns away from those on Social Security, but this, so-far, is not true. For now, he is targeting the most fragile amongst us- the poor elderly and disabled, people who qualify for SSI. Like a bully picking on the weakest members of our society. And re-classifying them as "mental" so they can't have a firearm. The real, actual mentally ill are already banned from firearms so will likely have zero effect on crime or on actual crazy people from getting one.

Jackstar

Quote from: albrecht on December 28, 2016, 03:49:16 PM
The real, actual mentally ill are already banned from firearms

mikuthing01

Quote from: albrecht on December 28, 2016, 03:49:16 PM
I'm not on SSI but, as the trope goes, "first they came for....."

Note: many alarmists have said that Obama is going to take away guns from other people via various regulations and Executive Order- like this one is going to take guns away from those on Social Security, but this, so-far, is not true. For now, he is targeting the most fragile amongst us- the poor elderly and disabled, people who qualify for SSI. Like a bully picking on the weakest members of our society. And re-classifying them as "mental" so they can't have a firearm. The real, actual mentally ill are already banned from firearms so will likely have zero effect on crime or on actual crazy people from getting one.

Taking guns from people who are poor and old and don't have a lot to live for is possibly the stupidest fucking thing i ever heard of. I am friends with a old guy who used to hunt and be really into guns when he was younger. He is on SSI because his back is all fucked up i fucking dare them to try to take his guns i will be helping him shoot anyone that tried lol.

Fuck that nigger he needs to quietly move back to Kenya with his husband.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oKRpuw_cXI

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: benisthing01 :DD on December 28, 2016, 04:07:36 PM
Taking guns from people who are poor and old and don't have a lot to live for is possibly the stupidest fucking thing i ever heard of.

Hey, far be it of me to point out the fucking obvious; but if someone has very little to live for, a gun is the last thing they need in their possession. Or do you think 19000 suicides a year by gun in the USA is just coincidence?

Oh yeah:

Before he began campaigning for president, Donald Trump said he supported assault weapons bans and a waiting period for gun purchases. In his 2000 book, The America We Deserve, he criticized National Rifle Association members who “walk the line” and “don’t look into firearms restrictions.”

However because he had an epiphany knew he needed the NRA on his side, so kissed ass.

“I have the endorsement of the NRA which I’m very proud of, these are very, very good people and they’re protecting the Second Amendment.”
â€" PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE IN LONG ISLAND, NEW YORK, SEPTEMBER 2016

Trump has been vocal about his support for the NRA and spoke at the group’s annual meeting in Louisville this summer.  The group has poured $36.3 million into electing Trump, more than it has spent on any other presidential election in history.

Owned? Much?  ;D

This one has to make you laugh!

“We have to look very strongly at no-fly lists and watchlists and when people are on there, even if they shouldn’t be on there, we’ll help them, we’ll help them legally, we will help them get off.”
â€" PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE IN HEMPSTEAD, NEW YORK, SEPTEMBER 2016

Trump surprised viewers during the first presidential debate by agreeing with Hillary Clinton’s statement that people on the FBI’s terrorist watch list should not be able to buy a gun â€" a policy known as “no fly, no buy.” However, Trump appears to support a version of legislation endorsed by the NRA, which does not impose a full ban on citizens whose names appear on the list.

In other words, he doesn't have a problem with suspects having guns. Way to go Donny!

Jackstar

QuoteIn the United Kingdom [...] (t)he increase in the rate of suicide between 2010 and 2011 was 11.1 to 11.8 incidences per 100,000 people.

Quote2010   12.08   37296   308,745,538
2011   12.32   38192   310,000,000

source:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_in_the_United_Kingdom

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_in_the_United_States

deduction: you're a fucking biased idiot

Jackstar

Also, I have access to data that indicates that British citizens are getting fatter than anyone else, so just think about that before opening your piehole again, Fucko.

Jackstar

QuoteThe most common method used in the United Kingdom is hanging. Other suicides reported often include self-poisoning. Suicide using firearms accounts for only a very small fraction, possibly due to tight gun control very few households in the UK possess them (4 per cent). Self poisoning and overdosing are the common methods used by women.

And yet--suicide in the UK essentially happens just as often. Fancy that.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Jackstar on December 28, 2016, 04:36:01 PM
Also, I have access to data that indicates that British citizens are getting fatter than anyone else, so just think about that before opening your piehole again, Fucko.

Jacko. I still haven't had an adequate explanation why you were on Houston and Elm in Dallas. Get on it.

Jackstar

look, look--it's trying to backpedal and change the subject. Quick, someone ring his phone.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Jackstar on December 28, 2016, 04:36:01 PM

http://www.samaritans.org/about-us/our-research/facts-and-figures-about-suicide

There were 6,581 suicides in the UK and Republic of Ireland, in 2014.

In 2014, 6,122 suicides were registered in the UK. This corresponds to a suicide rate of 10.8 per 100,000 people (16.8 per 100,000 for men and 5.2 per 100,000 for women).

The highest suicide rate in the UK in 2014 was for men aged 45-49 at 26.5 per 100,000.

The male suicide rate decreased in the UK (by 5.6%), England (by less than 1%), Wales (by 37.6%), Scotland (by 17.6%), Northern Ireland  (by 10.2%) and Republic of Ireland (by 6.4%) between 2013 and 2014.

Female suicide rates increased in the UK (by 8.3%), England (by 14%), Scotland (by 7.8%) and Republic of Ireland (by 14.7%) between 2013  and 2014. Female suicide rates decreased in Wales (by 38.2%) and Northern Ireland (by 17.7%).