• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Main Menu

Guns

Started by Caruthers612, July 01, 2010, 11:34:40 PM

Ruteger

Gun confiscation is not gonna happen (under present circumstances). I know too many military and police personnel who say they will not obey such an order. Even the majority of local sheriffs would not comply. 180,000 guns sold this Black Friday! The negro sodomite in the wh is the gun salesman of the century!

http://beforeitsnews.com/politics/2015/12/texas-sheriff-defies-obama-if-you-try-to-disarm-us-a-revolution-is-on-the-way-2762792.html

http://www.thetrace.org/2015/11/black-friday-gun-sales-background-checks/

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Ruteger on December 09, 2015, 11:11:50 PM
...The negro sodomite in the wh is the gun salesman of the century!
Nope.  That honor goes to the paranoids who keep repeating the "gun grab" myth. 

No, its not going to happen anytime soon.  That is the ultimate goal but they will inch to it.  It may take 20 or 60 years.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: 21st Century Man on December 09, 2015, 11:32:09 PM
No, its not going to happen anytime soon.  That is the ultimate goal but they will inch to it.  It may take 20 or 60 years.
I've been hearing that for a good 50 years, so it must really be coming soon.

mikuthing01

Confiscation wont happen in our lifetime. Putting people on a list that bans them from owning firearms is what i would be more concerned about. The new push for banning people on the no fly list does have me concerned since they can put anyone on it they want with no due process and a lot of innocent people have ended up on it including children. Only Muslims are terrorists so only Muslims should be on the list. It's just a matter of time before liberals change the definition to white Christian males who disagree with them. 

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: VtaGeezer on December 09, 2015, 11:21:17 PM
Nope.  That honor goes to the paranoids who keep repeating the "gun grab" myth.

You are aware of what happened in Australia and Great Britain, correct?  There's a big difference between paranoia and the uneasiness born of following the story closely.

It's not hard to find examples of U.S. politicians over the past few decades making extremely strong statements about guns (read: The Second Amendment) being anathema to American's interests.

SciFiAuthor

I'd be more concerned about the ammo than confiscation. Keep your guns, but when 9mm handgun rounds cost $250 a box then things are a bit different.

GravitySucks

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on December 10, 2015, 12:33:04 AM
I'd be more concerned about the ammo than confiscation. Keep your guns, but when 9mm handgun rounds cost $250 a box then things are a bit different.

That would certainly help my retirement plans.

GravitySucks

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on December 10, 2015, 12:34:48 AM
Smart man. Stock up.

Maybe I should get a couple of reloaders just in case. Never had the patience to mess with it before, but might have to give it some thought.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: GravitySucks on December 10, 2015, 12:37:51 AM
Maybe I should get a couple of reloaders just in case. Never had the patience to mess with it before, but might have to give it some thought.

Can't hurt. Always seemed like a pain to me too, but why not?

GravitySucks

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on December 10, 2015, 12:40:32 AM
Can't hurt. Always seemed like a pain to me too, but why not?

I'll have to look up the shelf life and storage requirements for primers and powder. It is easy to put dessicant into ammo cans and seal up boxes of rounds, not sure about reloading supplies.

paladin1991

Quote from: GravitySucks on December 10, 2015, 12:37:51 AM
That's what the children are for.  Teach them to reload. 

No one aside from stupid extremist liberals is calling for confiscation.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: VoteQuimby on December 10, 2015, 01:56:46 AM
+1.  And they're about the same numbers as vegans who'd ban meat. 

onan

Quote from: GravitySucks on December 10, 2015, 12:34:11 AM
That would certainly help my retirement plans.

Anyone that owns a firearm should have, at a minimum, working knowledge of reloading ammunition.

Quote from: VtaGeezer on December 10, 2015, 10:33:45 AM
+1.  And they're about the same numbers as vegans who'd ban meat.

Yeah totally, I think just about every sensible American is up to examine gun control, The problem is the extremists on both sides are destroying the chance for anything sensible to happen.

Echo

How many police officers would stay on the force, if the government decided tomorrow to confiscate everyone's firearms.

Claudius

Quote from: mikuthing01 on December 09, 2015, 11:51:56 PM
Only Muslims are terrorists so only Muslims should be on the list. It's just a matter of time before liberals change the definition to white Christian males who disagree with them.
Yeah that's not true.
http://www.start.umd.edu/gtd/search/Results.aspx?page=1&casualties_type=b&casualties_max=&dtp2=all&country=217&expanded=no&charttype=line&chart=overtime&ob=GTDID&od=desc#results-table

DanTSX

Quote from: Echo on December 12, 2015, 01:43:40 AM
How many police officers would stay on the force, if the government decided tomorrow to confiscate everyone's firearms.

It wouldn't be everyone.   You would first classify them under levels of public menace and threat.   Like people on a "watch list" for saying stupid tough guy shit on a right wing web forum, then people who have a history with certain types of medication.

Once you start bucketing people with widely accepted persecutive labels, I'd wager that pretty much all of the police would have no problem following the orders.  Then when one of the people having their guns confiscated decides to snap and shoot back at the police, you immediately create an atmosphere where the police will rally around the cause and lose all sympathy for the groups identified for confiscation.

It sounds paranoid when a conservative says it, but when progressive thought leaders work through the same mental mechanics, everyone seems to agree that controlling public perceptions will begin a confiscatory scheme. Not course the "people doing nothing wrong" will be able to keep their guns........but we need to have reasonable controls on who those guns can be passed down onto.....

Tldr:
Stigmatize and Eliminate the fringes who do not give up their guns.   If/when they snap, use public sympathy to demonize them. Continue to identify increasingly larger groups of owners based on their beliefs or activities.  Close loop on squeaky clean owners by heavily restricting transfer to subsequent generation.....and we have a confiscation plan except for heavily regulated duck and deer guns within a few generations.

DanTSX

Quote from: VoteQuimby on December 10, 2015, 01:56:46 AM

Most Suzy Soccermoms would grab a huge heaping spoonful of that gravy if it was on the menu.

Of course they wouldn't have to do it, or see it.  That would be icky work "the police" would do, and they wouldn't care how "the police" would do it.  Even if it included cattle cars.

VtaGeezer

DanTSX

Quote from: VtaGeezer on December 16, 2015, 10:26:57 AM
Cattle cars??  Really??  Cattle cars??

Ok some will go on JANET 737's

Whatever is faster

Zoo

Just saying we vending machines that sell guns, clips, and bullets. Put them at every WalMart, Costco, and McDonald's. The rest will take care of itself!!1

albrecht

Would it be illegal to fill out a 4473 using a pen with 'disappearing' ink? No lying and no straw-purchase or any charges/history that would prohibit buying but just so that when/if Obama's minions go to the stores to get the lists for seizure it would appear blank?

VtaGeezer

Quote from: area51drone on January 28, 2014, 02:24:45 AM
Why is it that fat dudes like guns so much?
They can't see their real penis.

mikuthing01

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on January 27, 2014, 06:37:52 AM
Can you sell guns on Amazon?

Amazon sells gun parts, I have seen guns for sale on Amazon a few times but it violates Amazons rules and are taken down. I used to run a bunch of Bing rewards accounts for beer money back when it was easy to do. I would use Bing points for amazon gift cards and probably made like $400-$500 and used it to build several AR15's and bill gates paid for it. The funnest i ever had building AR15's was building them with beer money made from the internet during the Sandy Hook panic. I built 3-4 AR's and they cost me almost nothing.

albrecht

Quote from: mikuthing01 on January 10, 2016, 05:11:39 PM
Amazon sells gun parts, I have seen guns for sale on Amazon a few times but it violates Amazons rules and are taken down. I used to run a bunch of Bing rewards accounts for beer money back when it was easy to do. I would use Bing points for amazon gift cards and probably made like $400-$500 and used it to build several AR15's and bill gates paid for it. The funnest i ever had building AR15's was building them with beer money made from the internet during the Sandy Hook panic. I built 3-4 AR's and they cost me almost nothing.
Nice.
Craigslist also, for whatever reason, doesn't allow gun sales. Though sometimes things get through. I think many newspapers (to help contribute in their decline) have also started refusing gun ad in the classifieds.