• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Your Supernatural Experiences

Started by MV/Liberace!, May 08, 2008, 12:36:40 AM

Quote from: b_dubb on March 03, 2011, 06:42:16 PM
that explains most of the crap the extreme right is up to these days

I'll have you know I hit my head when I fell off my chair laughing!!!!     :P

bmd88

Quote from: onan on March 13, 2011, 04:00:31 AM

I watched the video. I'm not much of a believer in ghosts. I think the people in the video may be dupes, con artists, or both. My opinion is there is lots of talk with the "air" of credibility yet nothing substantive. And the chubby guy, could he be anymore bloviating... "I'm getting multiples, more than one" wow I guess he is the real deal.

EVP's I can't explain them. I wasn't there but I would love to sample all the cast and crew and compare voice prints to those ghostly messages... betcha I get a match.

I think most of the people in the video are probably sincere. Sincerity does not equal evidence and certainly does not mean proof.

How come ghost messages never say anything to the effect of "Hey what's up? I been dying (metaphorically) to talk to someone with a fresh opinion. You have any idea how stodgy dead people can get?"
Nope it is always... "Boo, Imma gonna scare you, and just try and figure out how cryptic I am".

Bleh its fake.

Thanks for your response!  I feel pretty much exactly the same way you did. Out of everyone in that video, I feel that the guy Jim who set up the panels for the electric field is the most serious (and credible), but I think the chubby medium guy is a fraud along with the other woman with the "perfect hair".  I also think many of the smaller EVPs were too concise and vague to have said what they claimed they did.  I think for the small ones, they had something in mind as to what they wanted it to say and projected that onto them.  I'm interested to hear what anyone else thinks because those longer EVPs are the clearest I've ever heard (although I suspect, as you, they are a dupe, or were inadvertently catching the crew speaking--- don't know why anyone would say "Psycho wards are full" [and sound like an intercom] or "let's have sex, little miss perfect").  They are so disturbing that I'm kind of HOPING they aren't real.

Silent

I think most of the people in the video are probably sincere. Sincerity does not equal evidence and certainly does not mean proof.

I would agree with both points there.  I think these things speak more to the power of the human mind than to any evidence of an afterlife or ghosts.  The thing about most people (I hate to generalize like this but I really see this as a truth in this case) is they believe that humans are somehow seprate from the rest of nature.  Because we are the top dog, looking down on the food chain, doesn't mean we must be able to avoid the fate of every other living thing on the planet.

To me the mainstream acceptance of things like ghosts, hauntings, EVPs, and other phenomena of the sort is just a manifestation of our inability to accept the laws of nature which take place right in front of our eyes every day.

I'll admit to sometimes being envious of those who believe.  I think having that comfort must help, but I can't undo my line of reasoning.

bmd88

Quote from: Silent on March 13, 2011, 10:25:30 AM
The thing about most people (I hate to generalize like this but I really see this as a truth in this case) is they believe that humans are somehow seprate from the rest of nature.  Because we are the top dog, looking down on the food chain, doesn't mean we must be able to avoid the fate of every other living thing on the planet.

I never thought of it that way much : / you may be right, but most people who I've read about or known that believe in human life-after-death, also believe that animals go, too.  There have been "EVP"s of barking dogs, etc.

aldousburbank

Sincerity does not equal evidence and certainly does not mean proof.

EVP phenomena, while interesting (If Art is hosting the discussion), seems like a weak coat-hanger on which to store your cosmic tuxedo.  There's weird enough stuff going on under every stone on this planet, in our own bodies, as we spin in space.  No need to listen to iffy reverse-speech pull quotes from non-physical entities to experience a world of perfectly quantifiable, yet mind blowing stuff, sez the old hippie...

Loose association here, but to me, the following info from "Who's Afraid Of Schrodinger's Cat?, An A-Z Guide to All the New Science Ideas You Need to Keep Up with the New Thinking" by Ian Marshall and Danah Zohar, applies to EVP phenomena and the subject matter of this thread: 

"...freeing the material world from all supposed psychological influences, was an important step in freeing the Newtonian scientific world view from the earlier medieval notion that spiritual and psychological forces influence matter.  The observer/observed distinction is crucial to what the Newtonian scientist means by scientific objectivity.  We stand back from our observations, make them dispassionately, and keep ourselves and our goals out of the procedure.

The shift to a quantum physical understanding of the material world changes much of this.  The quantum observer stands inside his or her observations, which themselves play an active role in bringing about  the very reality they then look at.  In a sense not yet fully understood, the quantum observer helps to make the world of his or her observations.

The unobserved world of quantum reality is a plethora of possibilities.  The Schrodinger wave function describes an infinite array of possible states into which a quantum entity might settle.  All this possibility becomes an actuality only when the wave function collapses- and whatever else may make the wave function collapse, we know that measurement or observation does.  The mere act of measurement converts possibilities to actuality, and the kind of measurement that is made determines which kind of actuality will be plucked from the infinite sea of possibility.  To some extent, the observer sees what he or she looks for."

Silent

Quote from: bmd88 on March 13, 2011, 10:31:55 AM
I never thought of it that way much : / you may be right, but most people who I've read about or known that believe in human life-after-death, also believe that animals go, too.  There have been "EVP"s of barking dogs, etc.

I've heard that too but where does it stop?  What about rats, fish, insects, trees, grass, and single cell organisms?  There's usually a line drawn somewhere on an individual basis.  Coincidentally that line usually lands where that individual cuts off a psychological connection with living things and sees them just as objects.

I'll be clear, i'm not trying to convert anyone away from their beliefs.  That's just my response to that idea.  I'd be delighted if everything I thought was wrong.  Plus I can't imagine trying to care for every pet I've ever had all at the same time.   :P

aldousburbank

George is one huge EVP- Embarrassing Voice Phenomena

bmd88

Quote from: Silent on March 13, 2011, 11:01:41 AM
I've heard that too but where does it stop?  What about rats, fish, insects, trees, grass, and single cell organisms?  There's usually a line drawn somewhere on an individual basis.  Coincidentally that line usually lands where that individual cuts off a psychological connection with living things and sees them just as objects.

I'll be clear, i'm not trying to convert anyone away from their beliefs.  That's just my response to that idea.  I'd be delighted if everything I thought was wrong.  Plus I can't imagine trying to care for every pet I've ever had all at the same time.   :P

You're right- I have no idea.  It sounds a bit nonsensical - but perhaps because we are thinking about it with an earth-bound mind.  There may not be any "sense" on the other side, if there is one.

onan

Quote from: aldousburbank on March 13, 2011, 11:00:38 AMThe unobserved world of quantum reality is a plethora of possibilities.  The Schrodinger wave function describes an infinite array of possible states into which a quantum entity might settle.  All this possibility becomes an actuality only when the wave function collapses- and whatever else may make the wave function collapse, we know that measurement or observation does.  The mere act of measurement converts possibilities to actuality, and the kind of measurement that is made determines which kind of actuality will be plucked from the infinite sea of possibility.  To some extent, the observer sees what he or she looks for."

I am not a physicist and I didn't stay at a Holliday Inn Express either.

I do want to point out though that observations made on the subatomic level are different than the observations made on the macro level that we operate in. As I understand it the reason measurement changes behaviors in the quantum realm is illumination as we know it is not possible. Rather than normal light, beams of electrons are focused onto some area and the additional energy of the electron beam affects the area of observation. All that being said has little relevance to our everyday existence.

Yes there is an abundance of unexplained, not-understood, mysterious, and misunderstood events all around us. As we learn more there will be even more horizons of unknowns to puzzle us but let us hope we approach those mysteries with reason and discipline as opposed to whiff and poof it must be spooky.

I appreciate any and all that have reverence for beliefs of life being sacred. But holding a special place in ones heart for a belief is somewhat different than suggesting the sacred is the explanation.

haloedorchid

Quote from: b_dubb on August 31, 2010, 10:49:55 PM
i grew up about a mile north of the Dayton International Airport. 

Ohio is a seriously weird place. My mom is from there and every time we've gone back to visit, I've had a strange experience.

The first time I was in a room in my grandma's house and someone shook the door handle and I grabbed it really quick to scare the person who was scaring me. No one was there when I swung the door open. When my Aunt lived there as a teenager, she said she woke up in the middle of the night to a blue fireball hovering over her bed.

My other Aunt has an old woman haunting her house. She hangs out on the landing between two flights of stairs.

I was back there this August and my siblings and I were coming back from a country fair when we saw an old graveyard. We pulled in and looked around, took pictures, etc. When we got back in the car and followed the directions on the GPS, it took us in a loop that led straight back to the cemetery. No one touched the GPS.

It also seems like everyone in Ohio is really into the supernatural, which they should be, considering almost everyone I've ever talked to there has some sort of experience or another.

Okay. I have three that stand out. Here goes:

1)  I have vivid memories from when I was around 4 years old of hearing multiple voices coming from rooms in my Grandmother's house.

I would hear voices in conversation in the rooms upstairs. I would rush into one room to nothing, then back to the other, to nothing. I remember telling my Mother about it. I remember her telling me I was just hearing things.
Maybe I was just schizophrenic as a child or something..

2)  In my early 20's I worked the graveyard shift at a truck stop. I slept during the day. Most days I would sleep a few hours in the morning, get up for a while, then sleep a few more hours before I had to go to work.

My room had no blinds so I became accustomed to sleeping in the broad daylight.

These two factors likely contributed to my two OBEs.

The first was the most vivid. It started with the sleep paralysis (which I've had off/on for the last 10 years). Finding myself concious, but unable to move or speak (I was trying to scream, but could barely murmur) I found myself "floating" against the corner of the far wall & ceiling of my room. I noticed my door was slightly ajar so I was able to slip through into the hallway and "drift" down just to the end of the hall, but was unable to peek around the corner into the living room.

I could hear my roommate and two of my friends' voices. Try as I may, I was unable to round the corner to view them.

I was then back in my room, near my body. I noticed, and this is key, I was unable to recognize my face. I knew it was me, maybe because of my hair, but wasn't able to recognize myself. I don't remember if my face was a blur or just unfamilar.

I then awoke, walked into the living room and confirm the people who I heard in my "astral travel" were in fact all there.

The second OBE was far less vivid, and may have just been a dream. Started with sleep paralysis. I was then sitting upright on the corner of my bed and when I turned around I realized I was again looking at myself lying asleep. My face was turned away this time and upon realizing what was going on I almost automatically layed back down and "rolled" back into my body.

I don't believe in astral travel or OBEs being anything other than a product of a sleeping body with a concious brain. Which I find unfortunate.

3)  Lastly, around the same time, about 9 years ago, I experienced my first and only "haunting."

Three of my friends lived in an upstairs apartment of an old building. Their friend, a girl who lived on the bottom floor, swore the building was haunted. She was a goth chick and said the "ghosts" didn't like her music or clothes or "Nightmare Before Christmas" memorabilia. She said she had been "attacked" on several occasions.

My friends also told me about strange happenings on their floor, like faucets turning on by themselves, seeing shadows moving through the halls, hearing footsteps on the stairs and even above the apartment (although they lived on the top floor).

My friend Greta (one of the residents) and I had made plans to go to Minneapolis that weekend. Since I was working nights and got off work around 7am, she suggested I come by and collect her and we would get on the road bright and early.

Of course, at 7am that morning she was a little less motivated than she had been the night before. She told me to watch a movie in the living room and wake her when it was over. I started watching "Life as a House" starring Kevin Kline, ironically, about a terminally ill man who's trying to finish building a house before he dies.

The movie was almost over when I heard the entry door at the base of the long stairway open and close. I then heard footsteps, clear as day, come up all of the stairs, at least 20 of them, stop at the very top... and then... nothing.

No one passed by the doorway. I thought it was one of her roommates coming home. After saying "Hello?" aloud I got up from my seat, which was less than 5 feet from the hallway that led to the stairs.

Nothing. No one on or down the stairs. No one in the bathroom either. The only other room was the kitchen. I walked into the empty kitchen and had the hardest time turning around I've ever had in my life. I was terrified. I was convinced if I did turn around I would see something awful. But again, nothing. I immediately woke Greta and told her we had to leave now.

I never did finish that damn movie.

violaine

this is my favorite topic too, and i am so enjoying reading all these stories!

i've never had a lot of paranormal/supernatural things happen to me. none that i can really remember. when i was young, i was very, very convinced that i could levitate though, and have many vivid memories of it, but i don't know if they were repeated dreams or what. i have had really horrible nightmares involving aliens, abduction etc for most of my life -- they only stopped a couple of years ago. i used to not be able to watch anything even remotely alien related -- i'd just lose it. i got over it pretty recently, though, and then went back to watch all the x-files episodes i skipped (haha)

the strangest story i have ever been told was by an  friend's mother a few years ago. we were just chatting about college, as he was about to start attending university, and his mum had attended my university. she asked if she had ever told us about her extraterrestrial experience with the straightest, most serious face i have ever seen. she said she had encountered a small alien humanoid creature while she was in college, who was quite flourescent and brightly colored, and was injured or seemed to need help. she said she rescued him and he lived for a time in her closet and she'd go around minneapolis with him in her backpack. i am forgetting a lot of the details, i know - i was really fascinated and a little freaked out by it when she told us, she was just so serious, and telling us about the communications she had with the alien and whatnot. i was still having nightmares at the time so i resolved to put it out of my head -- guess it worked.

MV/Liberace!

Awesome stories, everyone. Thx for sharing. Looking forward to many more.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

b_dubb

that's quite a story.  alien in a backpack.  wow

also ... interesting stories Abraham

violaine

i'm fascinated by the fact that we had two people (abraham and myself) posting about the minneapolis area at the same time, haha

wild!

i'm still learning about all the interesting hauntings and other tales in this area -- southern stories about the paranormal/supernatural have a whole different flavor than the midwest, i love that folkloric aspect

So here is my story. I recently downloaded an iphone app that claims to summon real spirits. The app is called 'Ghost Seance'  I actually thought it was just another one of those fake/gag apps at first but curiosity got the best of me and I gave it a shot. A friend of mine and ex roommate had past away a few months ago so when I was bored a few nights ago I lit some candles by myself and decided to let this app try and summon my friend who had died.  After reading what I just typed it sounds really strange, I know. Anyways I let this app do its thing and when the persons voice who leads the seance on the app started asking spirits to make a sign. My phone rang in the middle of the seance. It was the person who now lives in the place where me and my roommate who died used to live. This person was calling to say they found my wallet (that I had now forgotten about) it was in an old couch that we left behind in the garage - the couch actually belonged to my friend/roommate.  Anyways, I think this is way too much of a coincidence and I know there is no way the app had anything to do with this or did it?  how does a coincidence like this happen?? I was going to call in to coast to coast radio show about this but would rather have all of your feedback.  :-\

haloedorchid

If your gut tells you it was a sign, I would go with it. I think most communications with the dead are slightly convoluted; not necessarily an in-your-face sign or apparation, etc. Especially if the new occupant of your former house isn't someone you speak to on a regular basis.

Thank you for posting your story. Welcome to the board!

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: extreemufohunter on April 14, 2011, 06:00:48 PM
So here is my story. I recently downloaded an iphone app that claims to summon real spirits. The app is called 'Ghost Seance'  I actually thought it was just another one of those fake/gag apps at first but curiosity got the best of me and I gave it a shot. A friend of mine and ex roommate had past away a few months ago so when I was bored a few nights ago I lit some candles by myself and decided to let this app try and summon my friend who had died.  After reading what I just typed it sounds really strange, I know. Anyways I let this app do its thing and when the persons voice who leads the seance on the app started asking spirits to make a sign. My phone rang in the middle of the seance. It was the person who now lives in the place where me and my roommate who died used to live. This person was calling to say they found my wallet (that I had now forgotten about) it was in an old couch that we left behind in the garage - the couch actually belonged to my friend/roommate.  Anyways, I think this is way too much of a coincidence and I know there is no way the app had anything to do with this or did it?  how does a coincidence like this happen?? I was going to call in to coast to coast radio show about this but would rather have all of your feedback.  :-\
very interesting.

anagrammy

Quote from: Michael V. on April 16, 2011, 11:07:16 AM
very interesting.

That's a keeper and makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up!  It beats the hell out of my story of how I was looking at a Bissell rug cleaner at WalMart and it was too expensive.  Three days later (yesterday), the very model I was looking at is in the Salvation Army, brand new for 1/4 the price.  I bought it since I manifested it.....or not?

Anagrammy

beachcomber

Years ago one Summer, a fellow I worked with at a toy warehouse (the warehouse stored toys - the warehouse was full-size) called me at night saying he was having a bad drug experience and would I come over?
I did, and after awhile I suggested we take a walk through the campus, the idea being to change the scene and burn off the excess energy he was feeling. We powerwalked about a half mile at 3 A.M. until he quieted down and regained some semblance of normalcy (for someone tripping on LSD)...but I realized now I had a problem. I was out of cigarettes and facing a long night with a chemically - energized associate and no smokes.

At a point near the edge of the urban campus, I was ready to turn around and, seeing that he was o.k. and more or less in his right mind, I stopped walking. Then I looked down...and a few feet ahead was a pack of unopened Camel unfiltered cigarettes (my brand at the time) there on the pavement.
I still didn't have any more matches, but that isn't the point.
So, after taking shelter for awhile in a university building to avoid confronting any security guards that may have been around (the door should have been locked but wasn't) we went our separate ways.

The first amazing thing about that night was finding that fresh pack of cigarettes - the second was how natural it felt.

Okay, so here goes.

This one Summer I was staying on the couch at my Uncle's apartment in Detroit, when in the middle of the night I heard the front door open really slowly and shut again. I raised my head slightly to see a shadowy figure in what looked like some sort of mask move across the living room and suddenly, levitate a 22" television set out of the front door. I ran to the window and watched it on the street as it proceeded to load the television in the back of what I can only imagine was some sort of otherwordly phantom Cadillac and drive off - but not before levitating my 10-speed into the trunk as well. I don't know what a ghost wanted with that stuff but apparently he decided he didn't need it anymore so he dropped it off at the pawn shop down the street.

aldousburbank

Pirate King's post reminds me of something weird that happened this weekend. 

So my 20 year-old son goes to big outdoor concert this Saturday and late at night after the show, he comes back into town and he and his friends buy some grub.  He pays from his wallet.  The next morning he realizes his wallet is missing so he gets up early and retraces his route all the way back to where he paid for the food the night before, but no luck.  On Monday hes's about to call the bank to void his cards and stuff but the bank calls him first, saying they have his wallet.  He and I go to the bank (which is not near where he had been that night) and they return his wallet.  We were assuming that somebody had found it, noticed the particular bank where he did business, and so had turned it in.  But the people at the bank were just as curious as to how it got to where they found it- the middle of the bank floor when they opened on Monday morning.  They thought my son had lost it there somehow, on Saturday before closing.  But he has never been in that particular bank branch.  Somehow, the wallet showed up on the bank floor between Saturday night, and Monday morning, none of which is when the bank was open.  The bank people are just as stumped as my son as to how the wallet could possibly have gotten there, and was only missing a 20 BTW. 

Weird.  Not supernatural perhaps, but we can't figure it out.

aldousburbank

Wow, I just noticed, there's 2 wallet stories in this thread. 

aldousburbank

This thread should be more active IMO.  So here, I'm willing to do my part...

This one is kind of a faith-based tale I guess, although I tell it for your entertainment purposes only.  It's one from the family archive.

In the mid-eighties I had an aunt, Mary, who was killed by a drunk driver.  She was single and always took care of her parents, my Nana and Tata.  They lived with her in the house she was buying.  When she was killed, it came down to them needing to move out since the payments were now not going to be made.  But my mom and her surviving sister had once talked with Mary about the fact that she had purchased an insurance policy which would cover the house in the case of her untimely death.  The problem was that they could find no record of the policy- not with her employer, in her safety deposit box, in her house, or anywhere.  They expended lots of energy doing so and even hired an investigator to look into it but came up dry.  Finally my mom and aunt began packing up all of Mary's and my grandparent's belongings in order to relinquish the property to the bank.  This was quite the painful task as they were still grieving, so boxing all of Mary's possessions was difficult for them.  They looked everywhere for the insurance policy while they did so.  I would call on the phone and they would usually be crying.  I was working and could not travel to Phoenix to help them out for a few more days, so I begged them to stop, slow down, eat some food and things like that.  But they would not.  They were so caught up in sorrow that they were not taking care of themselves.  On the second day of this I called and begged my mom to give it up and just get out of the house and let some professional movers finish up for them.  Of course they continued on, running on fumes.  Five minutes later my mom calls me just happier than hell, saying "It's a miracle,  Mary's with us, she spoke to me!"  Now I was really worried, ready to grab the car keys and haul ass down there and put them to bed or something.

What happened, as she described it, was that right after hanging up with me on the phone, she had realized I was right, they needed to give it up.  She said that she walked into Mary' bedroom and said, "Mary my sister please help us!  Please let us know what to do, I can't believe it's supposed to happen like this!"  Well anyway, she said that at this moment she had a clear vision.  It was of Mary's bible.  As a general rule, Catholics don't bandy their bibles about like the Camping types, but they have one, usually given at their confirmation or first holy communion.  So my mom and aunt go tearing through Mary's already boxed books and everything, looking for the bible.  And of course, in it, was the very insurance policy document they had sought.  They unpacked, and my grandparents kept the house.

Eddie Coyle

Tuesday, Jan 29, 1991. I was 15. My classroom became a cauldron and I watched in a stupor whilst the chalkboard melted, the ceiling sank and it appeared as if the hallway had become an abyss.

I believe it was a supernatural phenomenon that occurred that day...or POSSIBLY the effects of the blotter acid I took after homeroom. Still a toss up in my mind.

anagrammy

I have had several paranormal experiences.  I'll start with the least weird and see if anybody reads this.

I was driving my Volkswagon van full of kids.  Seatbelts?  Not in the back-back, which is where the boys liked to hunker.  I stopped at a light daydreaming and suddenly I was looking at the back of my van and my four year old son was falling out on the street!  The light changed and I was back to looking at the intersection and I was so shaken by what I had seen, that I pulled slowly to the right side of the road, thinking I would make sure that tailgate was locked.  Meanwhile, my little boy fell out of the tailgate exactly as I had seen!

Had I been accelerating per normal, he could have been killed.

Anagrammy

Harmness

Quote from: the_wanderer on June 02, 2011, 08:48:43 PM
I think you took the wrong kind of acid.

I told him not to take the brown shit.

Hello,

brand new to the forum. Not sure how many people hang out here anymore but to respond to this post, my supernatural experiences have been both in physical reality as well as in my mind in a spiritual sense. I've had lots of strange dreams and visions but who really knows if these have any meaning? For me, seeking truth meant to consider all options. A lot of the explanations of various topics made from a new age perspective didn't satisfy for some reason. Something was missing. Then I decided to give Yeshua a try. And boy did it work. Yeshua changed my life, my mind, and my heart. It has become the center piece to my life.

On an empirical level, I have witnessed like many a ufo sighting. Not so clear as to what it was but it was a summer day and I saw what appeared to be a star suddenly move very slowly then rapidly get sucked out into deeper space. The first time I saw it, I thought it was just coincidence or eye trick. But after the third time in 3 months, I knew I was seeing something weird.

Scully

Quote from: anagrammy on June 02, 2011, 05:32:53 PM
I have had several paranormal experiences.  I'll start with the least weird and see if anybody reads this.

I was driving my Volkswagon van full of kids.  Seatbelts?  Not in the back-back, which is where the boys liked to hunker.  I stopped at a light daydreaming and suddenly I was looking at the back of my van and my four year old son was falling out on the street!  The light changed and I was back to looking at the intersection and I was so shaken by what I had seen, that I pulled slowly to the right side of the road, thinking I would make sure that tailgate was locked.  Meanwhile, my little boy fell out of the tailgate exactly as I had seen!

Had I been accelerating per normal, he could have been killed.

Anagrammy

More, Ana, more please.  :)