• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Winter Holiday Thread

Started by pyewacket, December 04, 2015, 12:33:34 AM

K_Dubb

Merry Christmas, everyone, and a belated Happy St. Lucy's Day!  Presented without comment for albrecht's (and presumably old Gustav Vasa's) amusement:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46DNjOuBe3g

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: K_Dubb on December 15, 2017, 10:59:40 PM
Merry Christmas, everyone, and a belated Happy St. Lucy's Day!  Presented without comment for albrecht's (and presumably old Gustav Vasa's) amusement:

Hey, you! I'm digging the pipe. It's a good look for you!

On behalf of meself and the rest of the Beatles I'd like to wish you a Merry Cringle too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XV5aBHxJygY

Rix Gins

Merry Christmas, K.  I enjoyed the vid but now I've got a strong craving for a scrambled egg cake.

Swishypants

When we touch! When we kiss! When WE TOUCH! When WE KISS, LOVER!!!

Swishypants

Fuckin' Modelin'! Yeah bitch! TAKE THAT PAINT! TAKE IT! All over your body whore! You love it!

https://modelingmadness.com/review/allies/us/cleaverwc5.htm

K_Dubb

Quote from: Rix Gins on December 16, 2017, 02:53:38 PM
An old recipe. 

Very cool, Rix!  That is nearly identical to my mom's sugar cookie recipe they got at the Tree House in northern California about 1961 attached as the tags to some cookie cutters, with the exception of butter for shortening.  We've made these every year.  I like the repeated frosting on yours â€" red underneath, green on top.  Oddly specific; I wonder if that's how somebody's mom made it hahaha.  That nutmeg is essential; when I was little I could never figure out why everyone else's sugar cookies didn't taste like Mom's.

starrmtn001

Hey, K_Dubb!  Long time, no see.  Good to see you posting again.
Merry Christmas and Happy Yuletide! ;D

Quote from: Conspiracy Therapist on December 16, 2017, 03:16:36 PM
Hey, K_Dubb!  Long time, no see.  Good to see you posting again.
Merry Christmas and Happy Yuletide! ;D

+1

albrecht

Thanks K_Dubb,  :o :'(   I would comment but I don't wish to offend any BLTQGIs or whatever, during the holidays, or turn the "Christmas" thread into a political cesspoll of crosspostings, but I will comment. I  would be outraged if I were a member of the Svenska kyrkan expecting a normal ceremony. He might be a talented singer and spokesman for BLTs etc but no place in that role. He should've tried to play a role in some Muslim ceremony in a Swedish mosque.
ps: had snow here!  All gone now and more like London or the NW, rainy and in 40's and 50's. Also good Norskie treats after SON dinner. Forgot to take pics .

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on December 16, 2017, 09:04:00 PM
Thanks K_Dubb,  :o :'(   I would comment but I don't wish to offend any BLTQGIs or whatever, during the holidays, or turn the "Christmas" thread into a political cesspoll of crosspostings, but I will comment. I  would be outraged if I were a member of the Svenska kyrkan expecting a normal ceremony. He might be a talented singer and spokesman for BLTs etc but no place in that role. He should've tried to play a role in some Muslim ceremony in a Swedish mosque.
ps: had snow here!  All gone now and more like London or the NW, rainy and in 40's and 50's. Also good Norskie treats after SON dinner. Forgot to take pics .

Haha ya try to hold my tongue, but it's too much.  It's funny cuz I saw him in one of the Lucia concert videos posted last year as a guest soloist, not as Lucia, but with the long blond hair and makeup, and I kind of wondered whether he'd always wanted to be Lucia.  I guess this is the season where dreams come true, however grotesque their fulfillment may be!

I am glad you got some good food.  All our stuff is so early that by the time Christmas is here we've eaten it all and have to make our own.  I made my best-ever lussekatter this year, intensely golden with about 25 bucks of saffron and oozing with butter.  I used cream instead of milk and think I just about reached the butterfat saturation point hahaha.

Jojo

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on December 08, 2017, 05:40:01 AM
The "glass" is melted Jolly Rancher candy.
These are cool. When it re-solidifies afterward, do you know is the centers are crunchy, or is there a gel-factor?

Jojo

Quote from: pyewacket on December 17, 2016, 05:44:57 PM
They probably inserted metal rods or nails into the centre sections to concentrate the needed heat for more even baking.

You can keep the nappy and straw - I want one of these!  ;D

Honeymoon wrastling!

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on December 17, 2017, 05:06:15 PM
Haha ya try to hold my tongue, but it's too much.  It's funny cuz I saw him in one of the Lucia concert videos posted last year as a guest soloist, not as Lucia, but with the long blond hair and makeup, and I kind of wondered whether he'd always wanted to be Lucia.  I guess this is the season where dreams come true, however grotesque their fulfillment may be!

I am glad you got some good food.  All our stuff is so early that by the time Christmas is here we've eaten it all and have to make our own.  I made my best-ever lussekatter this year, intensely golden with about 25 bucks of saffron and oozing with butter.  I used cream instead of milk and think I just about reached the butterfat saturation point hahaha.
Sounds great (your lussekatters, not the BLT who played Lucia. I hope he meets one of those friendly "refugees" when he goes for a stroll in Sweden.)

I always hear rumors about how saffron is the most expensive spice, I wonder how much $25 gets you? More expensive than weed? Before or only after your legalization? Do drug dealers disguise saffron as cocaine just so they don't get their shipment stolen en route? The second comment instantly brought Homer Simpson to mind. Something he would say or "approve" with a big hmmmm.

albrecht

Briefly flipped over to the "live" broadcast of "A Christmas Story." They have inserted a long, and loud, segment about Hanukkah (or is it Chanuka) in a song, and theme, that I don't recall ever being in the movie? Oy vey! And when is Norry's favorite movie (as he always claims, but I doubt) "Its a Wonderful Life" going to be shown? It used to be on all the time until the lawsuits. Grinches. I also will watch "Black Christmas" sometime over the holiday period. A great movie, Margo Kidder's best role.

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on December 17, 2017, 07:24:59 PM
Sounds great (your lussekatters, not the BLT who played Lucia. I hope he meets one of those friendly "refugees" when he goes for a stroll in Sweden.)

I always hear rumors about how saffron is the most expensive spice, I wonder how much $25 gets you? More expensive than weed? Before or only after your legalization? Do drug dealers disguise saffron as cocaine just so they don't get their shipment stolen en route? The second comment instantly brought Homer Simpson to mind. Something he would say or "approve" with a big hmmmm.

$25 gets you 5g Spanish saffron at the dingy middle-eastern grocery, which works out to about $140/oz if my math is right.  That's enough for two baking sheets of lussekatter.  I make them on the small side and get 48, so around 50 cents of saffron/lussekatt.  Plus I add cardamom to everything since it doesn't smell like Grandma's house without it.  It's only once a year, but if the dough fails at 4am you're kind of stuck.  I always keep backup just in case hahaha.

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on December 17, 2017, 08:22:08 PM
$25 gets you 5g Spanish saffron at the dingy middle-eastern grocery, which works out to about $140/oz if my math is right.  That's enough for two baking sheets of lussekatter.  I make them on the small side and get 48, so around 50 cents of saffron/lussekatt.  Plus I add cardamom to everything since it doesn't smell like Grandma's house without it.  It's only once a year, but if the dough fails at 4am you're kind of stuck.  I always keep backup just in case hahaha.
Wow, I guess the rumors are true. And quick search says cardamom is the 3rd most expensive spice. Watch out! The criminals might decide to raid your house instead of a weed growhouse or meth lab house. Luckily the nisse will help protect.
Sounds like good stuff your making though!

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on December 17, 2017, 08:43:07 PM
Wow, I guess the rumors are true. And quick search says cardamom is the 3rd most expensive spice. Watch out! The criminals might decide to raid your house instead of a weed growhouse or meth lab house. Luckily the nisse will help protect.
Sounds like good stuff your making though!

Ha reminds me of this classic.  Can't wait to use my new fattigmann cutter!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKNOfhxCEqI

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on December 17, 2017, 09:47:59 PM
Ha reminds me of this classic.  Can't wait to use my new fattigmann cutter!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKNOfhxCEqI
A classic indeed! Unfortunately Hendrie went behind a vicious paywall and DCMA style but he had a brilliant show when he got syndicated into Minneapolis about an expert (who happened to be German) on why Norwegians have no sense of humor. The best part was some callers called in and had no jokes. Or explain funny friends, relatives of Norkskie extraction to no avail. Some plodding Pole called in, as I recall, with some story of a 'funny' guy at a  logging camp to defend that Norwegians have humor? Wasn't funny. And callers who called in would be subject to Hendrie or Dr. Bauer (also him) to a joke that was purposely not funny and both Hendries would laugh and caller wouldn't. Some would try to fake it. If you can find somewhere it is worth a listen.
http://philhendrieshowfans.com/flashback/2010/06/30/the-phil-hendrie-show-flashback-for-june-30-2010/

Swishypants

The bad old days will return! Stay Frosty! But for this Christmas, the fire, the fudge, the reflective paper! XO!

https://youtu.be/zo-x4PU8S6g

Mk. 1 Clones rage on!