• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread

Started by cosmic hobo, June 24, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

Lunger

Quote from: Morgus on December 12, 2017, 01:27:25 AM
Hoagie would love this article:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-5167821/Astronomers-scan-alien-comet-Oumuamua-ET-signals.html

I listened to the Oumuamua show and someone asked Hoggie why the object was tumbling end-over-end.  Hoggie explained that it was a signal by the aliens that piloted the giant ship that there was intelligent life aboard.

My first thoughts were that an alien race of total retards were coming and signaling their arrival by doing the stupidest thing possible to broadcast their existence.

I, for one, look forward to greeting our retarded overlords.

Morgus

Quote from: Lunger on December 12, 2017, 08:54:38 AM
My first thoughts were that an alien race of total retards were coming and signaling their arrival by doing the stupidest thing possible to broadcast their existence.

Kind of like the alien "Pakleds" from an episode of Star Trek Next Generation?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Morgus on December 12, 2017, 04:01:58 PM
Kind of like the alien "Pakleds" from an episode of Star Trek Next Generation?

Do you have things?  ???

pate

pate

Quote from: Lunger on December 12, 2017, 08:54:38 AM
I listened to the Oumuamua show and someone asked Hoggie why the object was tumbling end-over-end.  Hoggie explained that it was a signal by the aliens that piloted the giant ship that there was intelligent life aboard.

Ineeded, Admiral (instead of spulling nommen, Eye Choke Yew)

pate

I;vwe vehn utilizing goat t'mat 'eaves.

Y-khum dis, naught>?

pate

Heit-hadey, mm.

Bumph, Hill-krimb, dust-past?

Legun-See. 

Um

'eigit?

pate

I am getting that this East Coast guest couldn't care less about life off of Cap'n Planets' Nutz.

Huh, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-zDnIWuPbo

fun to speculate, but not phun...

PaulAtreides

I see nothing anywhere about tonight's show.  Is Hoagie bailing again? 

expat

Quote from: PaulAtreides on December 16, 2017, 12:09:56 PM
I see nothing anywhere about tonight's show.  Is Hoagie bailing again?

It's Gordon White/Panspermia

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: expat on December 16, 2017, 04:33:13 PM

It's Gordon White/Panspermia

Why do alien ships always look like rocks these days?! What happened to them being advanced lifeforms with all their latest futuristic shit? Nope. Now they just ride a rock into space. ;D

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 16, 2017, 04:37:16 PM

Why do alien ships always look like rocks these days?! What happened to them being advanced lifeforms with all their latest futuristic shit? Nope. Now they just ride a rock into space. ;D

Nothing beats rock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyCa-LHtIKE

=Schlyder=

LOL 40 minutes to reboot his computer?  mine reboots in 17 seconds.

Morgus

The live stream has disappeared and now the OSOM website shows as currently playing a replay from a couple weeks ago...

Morgus

New message at the OSOM website now:
"TONIGHT'S SHOW IS REGRETFULLY POSTPONED.  SKYPE ISSUES AGAIN."

Lunger

Quote from: =Schlyder= on December 16, 2017, 11:38:42 PM
LOL 40 minutes to reboot his computer?  mine reboots in 17 seconds.

Hey!  Leave Hoaggie alone.  He is still using a 286 with a clock speed of 19.5 MHz.

astroguy

Quote from: Morgus on December 17, 2017, 01:46:48 AM
In slight, tiniest bit of fairness, I got a new computer recently and downloaded a fully new version of Skype, and it's rainbowy and absolutely horrible.  All the preferences are gone, it doesn't work right, it removed common features, etc.  *IF* that's what RCH did, it's forgivable to have issues.  That doesn't mean it's forgivable that he didn't test things before, and that the issues would repeat every show, but once I will excuse him.

PaulAtreides

Quote from: astroguy on December 17, 2017, 10:50:34 AM
In slight, tiniest bit of fairness, I got a new computer recently and downloaded a fully new version of Skype, and it's rainbowy and absolutely horrible.  All the preferences are gone, it doesn't work right, it removed common features, etc.  *IF* that's what RCH did, it's forgivable to have issues.  That doesn't mean it's forgivable that he didn't test things before, and that the issues would repeat every show, but once I will excuse him.

Hoagies inability/unwillingness to test anything is ridiculous.  Rather, I believe the problem is "operator error" or just fabrication due to Hoagy wanting another night off.  He should be giving refunds.

whoozit

Quote from: Morgus on December 17, 2017, 01:46:48 AM
Probably something to do with USB and no one to yell “I said go!” at the Hoagster.

trostol

so...another show he didn't go lol fantastic

and he has 5 days between shows..can't he get someone to fix his Skype in that time...we know he can't do it lol