• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Knapp

Started by ArtBellFan, April 27, 2008, 09:05:01 AM

ItsOver

Quote from: zeebo on June 19, 2017, 09:58:22 AM
Even cool-headed Knapp seemed annoyed last time, when he kept answering with "I know but I can't tell you" or "It's a lot better if you just read my book".
Wasn't that when DeSchlonge had some other shill on with him, too?  It was all just one big book-selling job, with zero substance, more suitable for a night with Nooron.  That should have been the last straw for Knapp, unless he's a closet Blink whatever fan.

Lilith

Quote from: Dyna-X Ⓤ on June 19, 2017, 10:58:38 AM
In the good ol' days those two phrases meant ditch the guest and go to open lines. If a couple sentences of explanation spoils the book, then its probably weak on content.

Will listen this morning with coffee.  Damn, I'm starting to sound like Brig.

How NICE!!!   ;D :-*

Dyna-X

Quote from: brig on June 19, 2017, 02:08:45 PM
How NICE!!!   ;D :-*
Oh, Hi Brig :)
The first segment on Hynek was illuminating and fairly sane. The second segment was even better with Grant Cameron in full meltdown. He was dropping names like a pigeon with the runs walking in circles! Aviary madness at its finest.

Lilith

Quote from: Dyna-X Ⓤ on June 19, 2017, 03:27:13 PM
Oh, Hi Brig :)
The first segment on Hynek was illuminating and fairly sane. The second segment was even better with Grant Cameron in full meltdown. He was dropping names like a pigeon with the runs walking in circles! Aviary madness at its finest.

I'll try to have a listen. I have so much to catch up on.  I missed all but the last half hour, the last hour of Knapp, and most of the Senda Show, and a few of Daniels shows, and a think of Michaels as well.

I haven't even had time to keep up with Clyde Lewis.  >:(

Uncle Duke

This may be the last straw for me with Knapp and UFO shows.  How can a guy with his journalistic chops stoop so low to act as a shill for guys like Lazar, DeLonge, Cameron, et. al?  He might as well have George and Tommy prepare a set of "on stand by" 3x5 cards for for guests of this ilk.  Hell,  I'd prefer a hack like Kevin Randle interviewed by Church than hear Knapp lob softballs to these guys for two hours.

Dyna-X

Quote from: Uncle Duke on June 19, 2017, 07:16:04 PM
This may be the last straw for me with Knapp and UFO shows.  How can a guy with his journalistic chops stoop so low to act as a shill for guys like Lazar, DeLonge, Cameron, et. al?  He might as well have George and Tommy prepare a set of "on stand by" 3x5 cards for for guests of this ilk.  Hell,  I'd prefer a hack like Kevin Randle interviewed by Church than hear Knapp lob softballs to these guys for two hours.
It seems the best of them are losing their filters. I listen to shows lately just to hear some of these big names totally derail while drinking coffee or sipping Amaretto.

ShayP

Quote from: Uncle Duke on June 19, 2017, 07:16:04 PM

Does Knapp book his own guests or do the C2C producers?  I was never quite sure. Maybe they are forcing him to stick to the same theme.  I dunno. I'm hoping he does some more true crime stuff aside from the same stale UFO topics.  New material is needed for sure.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ShayP on June 19, 2017, 09:33:16 PM
Does Knapp book his own guests or do the C2C producers?  I was never quite sure. Maybe they are forcing him to stick to the same theme.  I dunno. I'm hoping he does some more true crime stuff aside from the same stale UFO topics.  New material is needed for sure.

Weird. I thought it was a good show. DeLonge can suck it but he wasn't the guest.

ShayP

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 19, 2017, 09:37:57 PM
Weird. I thought it was a good show. DeLonge can suck it but he wasn't the guest.

I did too.  Even said it in the live thread.  I especially liked the first guest.  But I've heard Grant Cameron so much over the years that he beings to sound like the adults in Peanuts.  However, like I stated to you in another thread, I get weary of the same topics.  Yes, they are interesting if they are spun the right way but quite frankly the subject is just spinning tire.  You dig where I'm coming from?  ;)  ;D

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ShayP on June 19, 2017, 09:44:06 PM
I did too.  Even said it in the live thread.  I especially liked the first guest.  But I've heard Grant Cameron so much over the years that he beings to sound like the adults on Peanuts.  However, like I stated to you in another thread, I get weary of the same topics.  Yes, they are interesting if they are spun the right way but quite frankly the subject is just spinning tire.  You dig where I'm coming from?  ;)  ;D

Yeah, I can grok it but I even found Cameron interesting (for the most part) too. His point about governments not wanting to reveal technical secrets gleaned from such encounters was logical. I've often thought that we would never have full disclosure until there was a stable world government because there's no way any nation could risk revealing the technology and having it turned against them. Not that I'm advocating the current plan for global government by leftist goons and Wall St. bankers because that ain't logical either.  ;)

Uncle Duke

Quote from: ShayP on June 19, 2017, 09:44:06 PM
I did too.  Even said it in the live thread.  I especially liked the first guest.  But I've heard Grant Cameron so much over the years that he beings to sound like the adults in Peanuts.  However, like I stated to you in another thread, I get weary of the same topics.  Yes, they are interesting if they are spun the right way but quite frankly the subject is just spinning tire.  You dig where I'm coming from?  ;)  ;D

I also enjoyed the first guest, but he isn't one of the "usual suspects".  In fact he isn't even a UFO guy, he just wrote a book about a UFO guy. Knapp excels at true crime shows, particularly those that involve the Mob.  He's too cozy with those who pass for ufologists these days, however. I like your point about "spin", it's trying to find a new perspective on an old story.  Sadly, most of those wind up being ridiculous, like Japanese balloon gliders at Roswell.

zeebo

Personally I like a mix of paranormal/fringe and more hard-boiled topics, and think Knapp generally does well with both.  Guests like Nick Redfern with his chupacabra reports and such I don't take that seriously, but I do find it entertaining late-nite fare.  At the same time I do enjoy more mainstream guests like the guy from a few months ago discussing future tech trends. 

Last nite was pretty good but "disclosure" is one of those topics stomped into the ground and then further crushed into dust over the years.  I'd rather hear less-covered stories like the guest who recounted the Lighthouse tales, or the one who found the ancient city in S. America.

If nothing else Knapp pretty much steers clear of politics for which I'm grateful.

zeebo

Quote from: Uncle Duke on June 19, 2017, 10:34:55 PM
... like Japanese balloon gliders at Roswell.

lol that was pretty bad ... or, good depending on how you look at it.   ;)

ShayP

More Knapp!  8)

DATE
Sunday - June 25, 2017

GUESTS
Jamie Bartlett,   Bruce Maccabee,  Cheryl Costa

First Half: Journalist Jamie Bartlett joins George Knapp to discuss the strange worlds of the innovators, disrupters, idealists, and extremists who think we can do better, and believe they know how. From the Islamic State to transhumanists, from followers of Bernie Sanders, Beppe Grillo, and Jeremy Corbyn to citizens of Liberland, the world's first libertarian nation, all these groups are grappling with very real problems in our society - their methods may be extreme, scary, or outlandish, but Bartlett argues that they must be taken seriously.

3rd Hour: On June 24, 1947, Kenneth Arnold, an experienced private pilot, saw nine unusual objects flying at an extraordinary speed near Mt. Rainier in Washington. The incident was the origin of the phrase "flying saucers," and started a worldwide fascination with UFOs. Over the years, skeptics have offered no less than 14 explanations for what Arnold saw. Now world-renowned UFO researcher Bruce Maccabee provides the most complete analysis ever attempted on this case.

4th Hour: UFO researcher Cheryl Costa presents data and analysis for 100,000+ sightings of unidentified flying objects reported by individuals during the first 15 years of the 21st century in a new desk reference book. She'll discuss how the government has claimed no interest in the subject and the press either ignores or ridicules any mention of UFOs, while citizen scientists and non-governmental organizations have continued the research.

Zenman

Quote from: ShayP on June 24, 2017, 09:31:43 PM
More Knapp!  8)

DATE
Sunday - June 25, 2017

GUESTS

First Half: Journalist Jamie Bartlett joins George Knapp to discuss the strange worlds of the innovators, disrupters, idealists, and extremists who think we can do better, and believe they know how. From the Islamic State to transhumanists, from followers of Bernie Sanders, Beppe Grillo, and Jeremy Corbyn to citizens of Liberland, the world's first libertarian nation, all these groups are grappling with very real problems in our society - their methods may be extreme, scary, or outlandish, but Bartlett argues that they must be taken seriously.

3rd Hour: On June 24, 1947, Kenneth Arnold, an experienced private pilot, saw nine unusual objects flying at an extraordinary speed near Mt. Rainier in Washington. The incident was the origin of the phrase "flying saucers," and started a worldwide fascination with UFOs. Over the years, skeptics have offered no less than 14 explanations for what Arnold saw. Now world-renowned UFO researcher Bruce Maccabee provides the most complete analysis ever attempted on this case.

4th Hour: UFO researcher Cheryl Costa presents data and analysis for 100,000+ sightings of unidentified flying objects reported by individuals during the first 15 years of the 21st century in a new desk reference book. She'll discuss how the government has claimed no interest in the subject and the press either ignores or ridicules any mention of UFOs, while citizen scientists and non-governmental organizations have continued the research.

I like it.  :D

zeebo

Quote from: Zenman on June 24, 2017, 09:38:21 PM
I like it.  :D

Me too, I have already reserved a seat.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ShayP on June 24, 2017, 09:31:43 PM
More Knapp!  8)

DATE
Sunday - June 25, 2017

GUESTS

I'm going to pass on the first half as I predict it will just be a Trump traumatized snowflake but the second half sounds interesting.

Nebraska888

Quote from: zeebo on June 24, 2017, 10:42:22 PM
Me too, I have already reserved a seat.

Hey Zee!!!!  I am with you!  The whiskey is poured!

zeebo

Quote from: Nebraska888 on June 25, 2017, 10:18:57 PM
Hey Zee!!!!  I am with you!  The whiskey is poured!

Hi Neb, nice!  I'll probably tune in for the second half tonite.  Hope it's a pleasant evening where you are - enjoy the show.  :)

Nebraska888

Quote from: zeebo on June 25, 2017, 10:34:58 PM
Hi Neb, nice!  I'll probably tune in for the second half tonite.  Hope it's a pleasant evening where you are - enjoy the show.  :)

A cool night in the heartlands.  Gorgeous night sky!

Gd5150

Ready for some Knapp near Folsom Lake.

Designx

Show sounds interesting tonight - I'll listen.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Gd5150 on June 25, 2017, 10:57:56 PM
Ready for some Knapp near Folsom Lake.

I'm about twenty miles from there.

CozyRozie

Fuck Hoagie and his lunacy.
I don't listen to him anyways..not wasting data on his assShow.
Knapp is different story.
Ready for action.

Nebraska888

Quote from: Designx on June 25, 2017, 11:02:03 PM
Show sounds interesting tonight - I'll listen.

Me too!

CozyRozie

Quote from: aldousburbank on June 25, 2017, 11:04:15 PM
I'm about twenty miles from there.

in ...Folsom State Prison ??

TigerLily

Am I in the right place at the right time?

ShayP

Quote from: TigerLily on June 25, 2017, 11:05:56 PM
Am I in the right place at the right time?

You are in the right place at the right time!  ;)

ShayP

Cheers to all the Knaapsters!  :D