• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Sean92008

Quote from: username on May 13, 2018, 11:00:19 PM
Pahrump is actually a bit worse, but about even in many regards. Yeah my headphones started going in and out, had to do a quick adjustment. I was hoping that was not captured. I also forgot to give everyone a shout-out, thanks for sharing this small window, of time with me.

Yeah you totally blew the shout out except for GS... 😀

Pahrump is an hour from Vegas though...  You're what, an hour from El Cajon?  No competition 😋

Sean92008

What is this new studio talk with Heather?

She has Art's studio, isn't that as important as his bumpers and #legacy?

Lilith

Quote from: Pizzapunch on May 13, 2018, 11:14:22 PM
I definitely have a hard time believing heathers stories about Keith constantly saying horrible things to her while she was on the air. I doubt Keith would have when art was around, and likewise I doubt art would have not said anything. I do feel better knowing Airyn has Karen to protect her.

I can believe its possible Keith was being honest with her about her "on air abilities" and the decline in affiliates and subscribers, and Heather wanting to believe it was meanness on Keiths part.  After all, Art told her she was "just as good as him".  right?

Quote from: brig on May 13, 2018, 11:20:14 PM
I can believe its possible Keith was being honest with her about her "on air abilities" and the decline in affiliates and subscribers, and Heather wanting to believe it was meanness on Keiths part.  After all, Art told her she was "just as good as him".  right?

Art was a notorious 'prankster'. -Karen Jackson

PrairieGhost

Quote from: Sean92008 on May 13, 2018, 11:19:30 PM

Maybe she had to move out.

I definitely have a hard time believing heathers stories about Keith constantly saying horrible things to her while she was on the air...

The other day didn't she say she didn't hear a thing from anyone for weeks on end?

Does she just say whatever she thinks will benefit her at the time?  Did Art teach her that, or did she arrive with that ability?

sydtron

Quote from: Royal615 on May 13, 2018, 11:03:01 PM
Thanks, I'm actually happy to read this because I thought Heather may have used Joe and then burned him. Trust me, I have personal experience of Heather using and then burning people. And once she dog's you, especially LIVE on the air, she runs and hides behind her same 6-8 pathetic delusional listeners.

So, what's your experience with her??

K_Dubb

I definitely have a hard time believing heathers stories about Keith constantly saying horrible things to her while she was on the air. I doubt Keith would have when art was around, and likewise I doubt art would have not said anything. I do feel better knowing Airyn has Karen to protect her.

That Art's death should be their breaking point (which is weird if he didn't have anything to do with the show or the network) suggests, to me, that he played an important part protecting Heather from Keith.  With Art gone, she'd have to deal with Keef directly.  She just didn't want to do that.

dsz

Quote from: PrairieGhost on May 13, 2018, 11:22:24 PM
Maybe she had to move out.

Makes sense. It was 'too emotionally overwhelming for her' to be in there.

#MoreToTheStory
#BSAlwayCatchesUp
#StopTheBSHeather

Quote from: Morgus on May 13, 2018, 10:42:12 PM
Strange - HW a few days ago said she would have no guests, just open lines for the first week so callers could just call in with their Art Bell memories...

Another example of her saying whatever she thinks benefits her at the time

Quote from: brig on May 13, 2018, 11:20:14 PM

This is probably accurate, the story of no one ''from her team'' contacting her for weeks is the lie

yoursongs

Quote from: Sean92008 on May 13, 2018, 11:19:30 PM

Sean, maybe it's time to check the Nye county property records....and tell us only if they have changed

LadyFish

Quote from: username on May 13, 2018, 11:16:48 PM

Indeed, she did not sound pleased! No problem, I had a great time and hope everyone did.

I thought I heard Karen confirm that she had indeed posted about Heather on her Facebook page.

It sounded like Karen enjoyed the interview. I hope she does write the book.

Who knew that it cost $12,000 to ship cats to the Philippines?

WhiteCrow

Yes ..that was the best part, knowing Karen is looking after Art's family!

Its always what's not said too.. Karen made no mention of "anyone" else helping Airyn.

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 13, 2018, 11:24:36 PM
That Art's death should be their breaking point (which is weird if he didn't have anything to do with the show or the network) suggests, to me, that he played an important part protecting Heather from Keith.  With Art gone, she'd have to deal with Keef directly.  She just didn't want to do that.

This seems likely.  Too bad she couldn't be professional about it.

Pizzapunch

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on May 13, 2018, 11:24:12 PM
The other day didn't she say she didn't hear a thing from anyone for weeks on end?

Does she just say whatever she thinks will benefit her at the time?  Did Art teach her that, or did she arrive with that ability?
She and Lasha claimed that Keith would send her text messages about how horrible she was during breaks and constantly insult her. Quite frankly I kinda hope he did.

Lilith

Quote from: Richard Groyper on May 13, 2018, 11:21:54 PM
Art was a notorious 'prankster'. -Karen Jackson

I think Heather had a nice voice, and I think Art Genuinely liked it.  Thing is, it takes a lot more than a voice to do a successful show.

What happend to her voice after she took over the show, I have no idea, maybe she's alergic to sand.

Sean92008

Quote from: yoursongs on May 13, 2018, 11:26:11 PM
Sean, maybe it's time to check the Nye county property records....and tell us only if they have changed
Hahaha

Hahaha

Hahaha.

I've been thinking about dropping those links again for all the trollers. 

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Sean92008 on May 13, 2018, 11:16:56 PM
Yeah you totally blew the shout out except for GS... 😀

Pahrump is an hour from Vegas though...  You're what, an hour from El Cajon?  No competition 😋

Should I edit it in .. jk.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: LadyFish on May 13, 2018, 11:27:55 PM
I thought I heard Karen confirm that she had indeed posted about Heather on her Facebook page.

It sounded like Karen enjoyed the interview. I hope she does write the book.

Who knew that it cost $12,000 to ship cats to the Philippines?

I hope she writes it too. Being half done already it could be out within months. You could tell Karen was sincere and had a great realtionship with Art.

Lilith

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on May 13, 2018, 11:24:12 PM

Yes, yes she DID say that. 

bwahahahaha

69CheckMate

Quote from: yoursongs on May 13, 2018, 11:08:58 PM
Next line;  "Heard he's quite a cocksman....but he's losing all his hair"...

Meanwhile she's online posting, fluffing up her market share..

Nobody

Quote from: Dyna-X on May 13, 2018, 08:57:43 PM
Radio Caroline:
http://sc3.radiocaroline.net:8030

Radio Caroline!  :o  Man, I haven't thought about them in years.   :)

Thank you for posting that list; it will be interesting to hear what RC sounds like in 2018.

(I assume they are no longer in the "shipping" business.)  :P

Quote from: Dyna-X on May 13, 2018, 08:57:43 PM
Still would love to find them for KCOR and KGRA.

I hesitate to ask this (I understand iHate Radio is not well regarded here), but: iHeart radio has both an "80s music" channel:

https://www.iheart.com/live/iheart80s-radio-5060/

and a "90s music" channel:

https://www.iheart.com/live/iheart90s-radio-6834/

...for which I have been meaning to dig up streaming URLs.  Does anyone else who likes Olde Tyme music happen to have those handy?  :-[

chefist

"Art was an asshole."...Karen Jackson

Corona Kitty

For the record, I felt weird hearing about Ramona, a deep sadness really came over me. Not sure if anyone else felt that way, I also wish the best for all involved.

Royal615

Quote from: sydtron on May 13, 2018, 11:24:26 PM
So, what's your experience with her??
I will elaborate more on that when the time is right, say about a week or so. Just know this however, Heather has all kinds of "dirty" tricks up her sleeves she calls magic. Good advice here for free, when a person keeps saying, "it's not about me" and thank you sir while sniffling over & over again it's past time to get out.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: brig on May 13, 2018, 11:29:48 PM
I think Heather had a nice voice, and I think Art Genuinely liked it.  Thing is, it takes a lot more than a voice to do a successful show.

What happend to her voice after she took over the show, I have no idea, maybe she's alergic to sand.

I could never figure out the voice thing either.
Maybe Heather will return to her Gabcast voice?

Everyone's still enjoying the music Myke

Pizzapunch

Honestly this was in many ways the best tribute to Art I've heard. All the others involved past guests and people that seemed to know more the radio host Art Bell. Karen have a heartfelt and sincere look into the man behind the show. It in a lot of ways made me consider him in a different light.