• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

OMG - Is it true? IS PREMIERE EDITING OUT NOORY FLUBS?

Started by anagrammy, August 02, 2011, 03:44:07 PM

anagrammy

This was mentioned as an aside discussing the now-famous Dan-Dan CoastGab mention on the air.  It never occurred to me that Premiere would stoop to that, but then I got to thinking.  A couple of times a General Authority in the Mormon Church has flubbed and said something tolerant about gays, or some other big boo-boo, like "having a personal relationship with Jesus is a good thing" and their managers completely re-shot the talk, complete with panning of a crowd from another talk, and the elimination of the "unapproved" statement(s).

SO-- If they are doing this, it would be between the airtime and when streamlink was made available, which is 1-2 days after.  Could you guys check and see if some of our famous flubs are still there?

I started a too-ambitious-for-me project called Noory Incompetence, a topic which you can still find by searching on this site for Incompentence." in which I was attempting to catalog flubs with dates, guest, etc, in order to give Premiere specifics should we ever have the opportunity to present a case.  Unfortunately, that much Noory-listening caused a neural short-cut and paralyzed my hand, preventing it from turning on the show live.  I life with this crippling (hah!) disability to this very day.....

I turn to you my fellow haters to answer this revealing question......do they, or don't they?

Anagrammy

Frys Girl

I recall this coming up a couple years ago on this forum. I think they do edit things out when they are concerned about a statement's legality. This was true of a supplement or cancer show with Ian, if I'm not mistaken. I will ponder it and get back to you hun. Honestly though, I don't put anything past these idiots. They are so worried about putting humpty dumpty together, that editing out Noory's misspeakings seems like a sure thing. I listen on podcast mostly, so I can't compare to the live circus show.

BobGrau

For the record, when I was a streamlink drone the show would finish at 10am(gmt) and be available to download just after 1pm(gmt). I would always wait for the download cos I HATE adverts.

The downloaded versions still contain many many howlers, so if they are editing I shudder to think what a live broadcast would be like.

Heheh poor lex or tim sitting up till dawn with a thesaurus going "dammit noory it's 'immenent' not 'eminent'!"

Lunger

Quote from: anagrammy on August 02, 2011, 03:44:07 PM
I turn to you my fellow haters to answer this revealing question......do they, or don't they?

Anagrammy

If Premiere were to go through and edit out all of That Idiot Noory's Incompet blatherings....  Seriously,  what would be left to air?

M Knight