• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

DesertFox

Quote from: rarlsatan on July 25, 2013, 12:26:23 PM
You can listen to pretty much any station on tunein.com or on one of their iPhone / Android apps. So no matter what / when / where Art comes back most people will be able to listen.

Thanks--though at the moment i'm technolgically deficient and bereft.  Though if it came down to it, I guess I could overcome that.

YNOT

Quote from: CampsieNP on July 25, 2013, 12:02:40 PM
I love everyone posting their pedigrees. Masters-Prepared Nurse Practitioner here. I take care of laminectomy patients. It is a rough surgery to get over with much variability in recovery time. Being younger helps. Oh dear,,the age-thang again.

And I love Art Bell. And GNS.
Gonna go click an ad-link as my way of thanking MV for this forum. Am I having fun with all this?? Oh yes. Oh yes, indeed.
My wife had a laminectomy and dissectomy right L3-l4 last June....Left L5-S1 probably on the horizon.

Juan

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on July 25, 2013, 11:45:31 AM
Can I ask? Is it someone on here spamming my YT channel?
Maybe.

QuoteIf they are, have they read this? (half way down the page)..
Possibly not.

QuoteApparently (following the stereotypical, yes/ no, right/ wrong, black/ white) fuckwit logic, because I don't want Art Bell spam I must by definition be a George Noory fan..
It could be possible. 

Ravenna

I'm new here.  Been lurking for a while, and then registered when I found out that Art Bell was probably coming back to radio and now it really seems so (so I've been driven to piping up).

It would be great if Art takes over Red Eye Radio:  either replaces that show or just does it on Friday and Saturday nights.  I do wonder though, he did post on FB that he did not wish to compete directly with c2c.  Wouldn't he be doing so if he replaced Red Eye Radio completely (altho he wouldn't if he just was on Red Eye Radio on Friday and Saturday nights, in a way "guest hosting" for those regular hosts who are off those nights).  Oh I so hope it's all Art, five nights a week, and not just Art on Red Eye Radio on Friday and Saturday nights.  Or maybe Red Eye Radio would then only be on Sunday through Thursday, and then Art would have his own show in that same slot on Friday and Saturday nights but it would be "his" show.

awguy

Quote from: SR-71 on July 25, 2013, 10:45:38 AM
Im going to place a bet that Art Bell retire again with in a year of coming back to the air.

I understand why people are skeptical about this as Art has a history of retiring then coming back repeatedly. I believe that Art only truly retired one time... that was in 1998 when his son was sexually assaulted (to put it mildly). His other "retirements" and the excuses given for them at the time, were simply a smoke screen to hide the fact that Clear Channel was trying to push him out the door. Even coming back after the Mike Siegel experiment was a temporary measure (even though that's not what was said publicly) until a new permanent host could be found.

That said, it has crossed my mind that Art's main motive for coming back is to get premiere to stop running those SIT shows. If Art was on the air somewhere else, Premiere would stop airing SIT for sure. I hope this is not the case, I'd like to have Art back for at least a few years.

BattyBrooke

Quote from: Ravenna on July 25, 2013, 01:11:10 PM
I'm new here.  Been lurking for a while, and then registered when I found out that Art Bell was probably coming back to radio and now it really seems so (so I've been driven to piping up).

It would be great if Art takes over Red Eye Radio:  either replaces that show or just does it on Friday and Saturday nights.  I do wonder though, he did post on FB that he did not wish to compete directly with c2c.  Wouldn't he be doing so if he replaced Red Eye Radio completely (altho he wouldn't if he just was on Red Eye Radio on Friday and Saturday nights, in a way "guest hosting" for those regular hosts who are off those nights).  Oh I so hope it's all Art, five nights a week, and not just Art on Red Eye Radio on Friday and Saturday nights.  Or maybe Red Eye Radio would then only be on Sunday through Thursday, and then Art would have his own show in that same slot on Friday and Saturday nights but it would be "his" show.

Admittedly I am not on FB (but that's a whole other Oprah) however I have been able to read his FB posts, and in regards to the one wherein he expressed he didn't want to directly compete with C2C as he didn't want to tear down what he worked so hard to build, well I think that may have changed. He said that a few months prior to Noory's contract being renewed and I think maybe, at that time, he had hope it may nt be renewed and somebody more, shall we say "more qualified" may take over in which case he'd still have hope, love and pride for the show. However, now that Noory is permanently at the helm until death (so it seems), I think for Art it'd be more like putting a languishing beloved pet out of it's misery. Either way, I am absolutely ecstatic! Like you, I only joined here (after much lurking) when I read of his return months ago...the one that he ended up retracting on FB. So, this is wonderful news!

kf5iwe

Let's see if I can pull this off
http://www.artbell.com

kf5iwe

I did it!! I did it!! Now I can apply for that CEO job I always wanted. Detroit here I come

BattyBrooke

Quote from: Usagi on July 24, 2013, 11:15:53 PM

I think a lot of us here are happy skeptics.  ;)
--
In regards to this message... so, you mean to tell me just when I start being able to see his Facebook posts, he starts using primarily Twitter?  I am not getting a Twitter account for this!  Well... at least I can see the messages if I want without joining...

That is exactly how I feel about Facebook. I would not deign to join but am happily on twitter. Think of twitter as Facebook with less bragging and far less pointless selfies (pics). Hah! Anyway, I hope Art does something special for the first 1000 that started following him on Twitter (I am one of them!) as son he will have 100's of thousands of followers and well, I like gifts.

HumanBeing

Awwww yeahhhh!!!!  ;D 8)

BattyBrooke

Quote from: HorrorReporter on July 25, 2013, 05:26:00 AM
I think everyone should start doing the Art Bell happy dance!

Hot dancing to Art Bell song

Look at this woman's face. How old is she?! She looks like the mother of a teen. She should be ashamed of herself. Still, anything celebrating Art's return gets a pass. I guess.

ItsOver

Quote from: BattyBrooke on July 25, 2013, 01:43:06 PM
......he expressed he didn't want to directly compete with C2C as he didn't want to tear down what he worked so hard to build, well I think that may have changed. He said that a few months prior to Noory's contract being renewed and I think maybe, at that time, he had hope it may nt be renewed and somebody more, shall we say "more qualified" may take over in which case he'd still have hope, love and pride for the show. However, now that Noory is permanently at the helm until death (so it seems), I think for Art it'd be more like putting a languishing beloved pet out of it's misery.....

Surely Art's recognized by now that Snoory and PremRat have done a "fine" job of tearing down what Art had built.  It's but a sad parody of what it was with Art.  I hope Art just forgets about the current C2C and presses ahead with what he does so well, if he wants to come back to radio.  C2C with Noory has been a dead show for years.  If Art comes back, C2C is completely in the rear view mirror and I'm not looking back.

ItsOver

Quote from: kf5iwe on July 25, 2013, 01:53:46 PM
I did it!! I did it!! Now I can apply for that CEO job I always wanted. Detroit here I come

Congrats!  However, now that you're a Master of the Internet, you may want to catch up on current events concerning the state of U.S. cities.  ;)

BattyBrooke

Quote from: morphiaflow on July 25, 2013, 02:19:23 AM
I think we can now start to piece this together.

The "R" in "Ride" on ArtBell.com now links to this page...

http://www.coalspeaker.com/post/21202247075/wanna-take-a-ride-the-voice-of-coast-to

Which has a blurb about Ross Mitchell, formerly the voice of Coast to Coast, now broadcasting on the competing Red Eye Radio Network. (Also, some less than flattering comments about Noory and Coast sans Art.)

R for Red Eye...R for Ross...

It may be premature to say for sure, but if I were a betting man, at this point I'd put $1 on Art doing a show for Red Eye...with Ross Mitchell announcing.

And I *still* hope he's able to get Knapp away from Coast, presuming Knapp is willing, of course.

Incidentally, the "T" in "Take" links to a YouTube video of Crystal Gayle's "Midnight In The Desert". Perhaps a hint of the new show's title? Or merely an indication that Art intends to reclaim his old territory? (Including at least some of his staples, such as this song.)

Any last doubts I may have had--which I didn't--have now been swept away. Art Bell *IS* coming back to terrestrial radio. The speculation now shifts from "if" and "where" to "when" and "what format".

Let it begin.

Bless your Art loving soul for this post. I have been racking my batty brain trying to figure out the meaning of the highlighted letters. I thought they were an anagram, or something like that. I never thought to simply click on the letters. I too hope he is able to lure Knapp. He is my second favorite host, Art being my first of course. All of this has me over the moon!

Abby Normal

Quote from: FortRock on July 24, 2013, 03:10:12 PM
Your intelligence insults even this teacher of slow-witted inner city youth!

I believe the term "slow-witted" applies to you, not your students.

kf5iwe

Quote from: BattyBrooke on July 25, 2013, 01:57:56 PM
Look at this woman's face. How old is she?! She looks like the mother of a teen. She should be ashamed of herself. Still, anything celebrating Art's return gets a pass. I guess.
I have examined the video in question, ahem, several times. I did not realize she had a face. But she looks like a 18-20 year old girl.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: kf5iwe on July 25, 2013, 01:52:16 PM
Let's see if I can pull this off
http://www.artbell.com

we're all very proud.  from this point forward, july 25th will always be known as kf5iwe day on coastgab.  rolls right off the tongue.

kf5iwe

Quote from: ItsOver on July 25, 2013, 02:01:49 PM

Congrats!  However, now that you're a Master of the Internet, you may want to catch up on current events concerning the state of U.S. cities.  ;)
Oh no I can fix it. I listen to WJR-760 am on my CCrane wifi radio. i subscribe to the Free press on my kindle. I am thinking about moving to the U.P. of Michigan, currently I live in south Louisiana where it is very hot. I am 45 and have lived in the heat almost all of my life. Next spring I am going to take a trip up there to look around. But I can fix Detroit.

HumanBeing

Quote from: BattyBrooke on July 25, 2013, 01:43:06 PM
Admittedly I am not on FB (but that's a whole other Oprah) however I have been able to read his FB posts, and in regards to the one wherein he expressed he didn't want to directly compete with C2C as he didn't want to tear down what he worked so hard to build, well I think that may have changed. He said that a few months prior to Noory's contract being renewed and I think maybe, at that time, he had hope it may nt be renewed and somebody more, shall we say "more qualified" may take over in which case he'd still have hope, love and pride for the show. However, now that Noory is permanently at the helm until death (so it seems), I think for Art it'd be more like putting a languishing beloved pet out of it's misery. Either way, I am absolutely ecstatic! Like you, I only joined here (after much lurking) when I read of his return months ago...the one that he ended up retracting on FB. So, this is wonderful news!

I like your thinking on this.
Imagine if that was really the case and Noory renewing sealed the deal on which direction Art was going to take

BattyBrooke

Quote from: kf5iwe on July 25, 2013, 02:07:45 PM
I have examined the video in question, ahem, several times. I did not realize she had a face. But she looks like a 18-20 year old girl.

Wishful thinking, maybe? Coffee goggles?

stevesh

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on July 25, 2013, 11:23:15 AM
            A ridiculous assumption by Noory. I'm in the attic.

And Noory himself is in the closet.

ItsOver

Quote from: kf5iwe on July 25, 2013, 02:12:28 PM
Oh no I can fix it. I listen to WJR-760 am on my CCrane wifi radio. i subscribe to the Free press on my kindle. I am thinking about moving to the U.P. of Michigan, currently I live in south Louisiana where it is very hot. I am 45 and have lived in the heat almost all of my life. Next spring I am going to take a trip up there to look around. But I can fix Detroit.

Good luck with Detroit.  I grew up not too far from Detroit.  That part of the country is not bad for part of the year but be prepared for some fairly cold and snowy winters.  It's beautiful when the trees turn in the Fall but it looks to me like a lunar landscape in the Winter.  ;)   The Michigan U.P. can really experience the Winter and the times I've been there in the Summer, there can be a number of cloudy, rainy days.  I hear you about Louisiana, though.  OK, back to "Waiting for Godot"....errr I mean Art. ;D

Quote from: BattyBrooke on July 25, 2013, 01:57:56 PM
Look at this woman's face. How old is she?! She looks like the mother of a teen. She should be ashamed of herself...

She has a Dallas Cowboys poster on the wall behind her.  What is wrong with this person?

ccvortex

I knew he was coming back

BattyBrooke

Quote from: HumanBeing on July 25, 2013, 02:14:39 PM
Imagine if that was really the case and Noory renewing sealed the deal on which direction Art was going to take

The ultimate silver lining. Beautiful butterfly effect.

ItsOver

Quote from: stevesh on July 25, 2013, 02:25:27 PM
And Noory himself is in the closet.

Noory should be locked-up in the basement, along with crazy uncle Hoagie.

BattyBrooke

Quote from: Paper*Boy on July 25, 2013, 02:26:21 PM

She has a Dallas Cowboys poster on the wall behind her.  What is wrong with this person?

Precisley!

ItsOver

Quote from: HumanBeing on July 25, 2013, 02:14:39 PM

I'll bet Noory isn't chortling so much about his "long-term" contract now.   ;D

BattyBrooke

Quote from: ItsOver on July 25, 2013, 01:59:12 PM

Surely Art's recognized by now that Snoory and PremRat have done a "fine" job of tearing down what Art had built.  It's but a sad parody of what it was with Art.  I hope Art just forgets about the current C2C and presses ahead with what he does so well, if he wants to come back to radio.  C2C with Noory has been a dead show for years.  If Art comes back, C2C is completely in the rear view mirror and I'm not looking back.

I wholeheartedly concur.

Ravenna

Quote from: ItsOver on July 25, 2013, 01:59:12 PM

Well, if Art comes back to take over some or all of the current radio slot of Red Eye Radio, (which is now exactly the same slot as c2c), either to replace that show completely with his own show, or even just to permanently host Red Eye Radio on Friday and Saturday nights, he is going to compete with c2c and likely lower its ratings.  So he must have changed his mind about not wishing to compete with his old baby.  And I couldn't be happier about that coz the current c2c as-it-has-become desperately needs to be killed off somehow.  Maybe "too much competition" from Art's new show would do that, or at least help to do that.  One can but dream.