• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Quote from: SredniVashtar on February 25, 2016, 10:59:05 AM
If I had to guess, I'd say that it had a lot to with the criteria that autistic children are judged by. There was probably a much narrower definition at one time, but now they seem to talk much more in terms of an 'autism spectrum' that would include many more children that would not previously have been diagnosed as autistic. I don't see it as any great mystery. There hasn't been a  significant rise, it is the criteria that have changed.

Sorry, but I see autistic children in my line of work all the time and it does not have to do with more stringent diagnostic criteria. It has to do with how many vaccines children are exposed to and the ingredients in those vaccines. Each vaccine is a hit to a developing immune system.

ingredients:

https://vactruth.com/2013/10/28/7-disgusting-ingredients/

http://traceamounts.com/ten-lies-told-about-mercury-in-vaccines/

The Facts: The Eli Lilly Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for Thimerosal acknowledges that exposure to Thimerosal in utero and in children can cause “mild to severe mental retardation and mild to severe gross motor impairment.” The Sigma Aldrich MSDS lists abortion and fetal death as possible outcomes of in utero exposure.

Nonetheless, most seasonal and H1N1 flu shots for pregnant women and young children contain 25 micrograms of mercury in the form of Thimerosal. For this exposure to be safe, a child would need to weigh more than 550 pounds.

Thimerosal is a poison, neurotoxin, cancer-causer, and can interrupt the immune system and the normal development of an unborn baby or a child. Thimerosal is so toxic that putting it on your skin is illegal. However, the government not only allows but also defends its injection into the population, especially pregnant women and newborn children, as part of influenza vaccines currently recommended by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

amount of vaccines given to children now vs years ago:
http://www.drmomma.org/2011/01/cdc-mandatory-vaccine-schedule-1983-vs.html

Big pharma is big business and covers up all the people that they kill due to insufficient testing of their products:

http://theantimedia.org/big-pharma-kills-more-people-than-all-illegal-drugs/

You may want to start here for an eye opening view into autism:

http://garynull.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Autism-Vaccines.pdf

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2014/04/26/vaccines-adverse-reaction.aspx

GravitySucks

Quote from: albrecht on February 25, 2016, 11:07:47 AM
That is my thought also. As with some other mental disorders the "spectrum" is expanding and/or new diseases/disorders are being discovered (take your pick.) I also have a pet theory since there seems to be some genetic link in autism (and other disorders.) Could it be possible with the new economy and high-tech people who, maybe in the past, would be not socially desired, stuck in basements on computers, or playing fantasy games with each other (insert any stereotype here) now are making "big bucks" in the tech world and able to meet women (or vice-versa) easier (and even be sought out by some due to their predominance and wealth?) They have children and so more autistic spectrum children are born? I'm not talking the total, non-functioning autistic but those on the spectrum that can function and now their skills/obsessions are wanted/needed and 'nerds' rule much of the economy? Just a random theory I had.

It's as valid as High Fructose Corn Syrup or Crisco shortening or Aspertame as a theory. We need more lard in our diets. Back when we had pie made with real sugar and real lard, we didn't have these problems. Maintaining sufficient lard stores in the body is crucial to defend against a variety of maladies.

Hip Hop music ever probably plays a contributing role.

albrecht

Quote from: GravitySucks on February 25, 2016, 11:13:28 AM
It's as valid as High Fructose Corn Syrup or Crisco shortening or Aspertame as a theory. We need more lard in our diets. Back when we had pie made with real sugar and real lard, we didn't have these problems. Maintaining sufficient lard stores in the body is crucial to defend against a variety of maladies.

Doesn't some C2C guest claim that Crisco was originally intended to be a lubricant in diesel ship engines, or something, but the mfg needed to come up with another use for it because it didn't perform as well as other lubricants?

Personally, I've found that a suet deficiency is often over-looked and a cause for most maladies. Yes, lard is necessary but the suet provides the balance the body naturally needs. Of course much of our modern problems, mental and physical, started when we started cracking the hydrocarbons instead of using natural animal fats and oils for our lighting, fuel, and cooking. Thank you Rockefeller!

SredniVashtar

Quote from: albrecht on February 25, 2016, 11:07:47 AM
That is my thought also. As with some other mental disorders the "spectrum" is expanding and/or new diseases/disorders are being discovered (take your pick.) I also have a pet theory since there seems to be some genetic link in autism (and other disorders.) Could it be possible with the new economy and high-tech people who, maybe in the past, would be not socially desired, stuck in basements on computers, or playing fantasy games with each other (insert any stereotype here) now are making "big bucks" in the tech world and able to meet women (or vice-versa) easier (and even be sought out by some due to their predominance and wealth?) They have children and so more autistic spectrum children are born? I'm not talking the total, non-functioning autistic but those on the spectrum that can function and now their skills/obsessions are wanted/needed and 'nerds' rule much of the economy? Just a random theory I had.

If there was a genetic link (and I honestly don't know one way or the other) it would still be a fairly small percentage of the population as part of the nerd economy, wouldn't it? I think people with autism were still having children, but they were looked at as just a bit 'odd' or awkward, rather than being diagnosed with anything. I think (here's a random theory of mine) that a lot of the stuff you see in the media these days (film and television especially) look like they have been put together by autistics rather than fully functioning people. There is an over-reliance on spectacle over any sort of emotional content. Take the most recent Star Wars film, and then compare it with the first two that they made several decades ago. They had some connection with people and emotions, whereas TFA was a glorified light show. That's almost always the case now with the event movies that are made these days. They look like they have been put together by a committee of autistics.  A few decades ago, directors had a bit more of a connection with people and reality, and occasionally got out of the house.

It's as valid as High Fructose Corn Syrup or Crisco shortening or Aspertame as a theory.

Theories can be proven or dismissed based on scientific research.

That's a theory.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: albrecht on February 25, 2016, 11:19:09 AM
Yes, lard is necessary but the suet provides the balance the body naturally needs.

You just reminded me of someone.

CornyCrow

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on February 25, 2016, 11:12:23 AM
Sorry, but I see autistic children in my line of work all the time and it does not have to do with more stringent diagnostic criteria. It has to do with how many vaccines children are exposed to and the ingredients in those vaccines. Each vaccine is a hit to a developing immune system.

ingredients:

https://vactruth.com/2013/10/28/7-disgusting-ingredients/

http://traceamounts.com/ten-lies-told-about-mercury-in-vaccines/

The Facts: The Eli Lilly Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for Thimerosal acknowledges that exposure to Thimerosal in utero and in children can cause “mild to severe mental retardation and mild to severe gross motor impairment.” The Sigma Aldrich MSDS lists abortion and fetal death as possible outcomes of in utero exposure.

Nonetheless, most seasonal and H1N1 flu shots for pregnant women and young children contain 25 micrograms of mercury in the form of Thimerosal. For this exposure to be safe, a child would need to weigh more than 550 pounds.

Thimerosal is a poison, neurotoxin, cancer-causer, and can interrupt the immune system and the normal development of an unborn baby or a child. Thimerosal is so toxic that putting it on your skin is illegal. However, the government not only allows but also defends its injection into the population, especially pregnant women and newborn children, as part of influenza vaccines currently recommended by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

amount of vaccines given to children now vs years ago:
http://www.drmomma.org/2011/01/cdc-mandatory-vaccine-schedule-1983-vs.html

Big pharma is big business and covers up all the people that they kill due to insufficient testing of their products:

http://theantimedia.org/big-pharma-kills-more-people-than-all-illegal-drugs/

You may want to start here for an eye opening view into autism:

http://garynull.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Autism-Vaccines.pdf

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2014/04/26/vaccines-adverse-reaction.aspx
There is a LOT of money involved in vaccines.  Heads and employees of the FDA frequently get jobs in the pharma industry after their government jobs.  That seems to set the stage for a conflict of interest in supporting the industry while in the FDA.  The FDA is funded in part by the industry.  I worked, many years back, in a testing environment in which the president of our company was pressured by the head of the FDA to fire my boss, who would not sully his reputation by giving a pass to a product that was submitted to us for testing. 

I cannot see the reasoning in making so many vaccines mandatory.   

Uncle Duke

Just curious, in what capacity do you see autistic children all the time?  Educator?  Medical professional? Childcare provider?

Quote from: Uncle Duke on February 25, 2016, 11:30:07 AM
Just curious, in what capacity do you see autistic children all the time?  Educator?  Medical professional? Childcare provider?

Sending you a PM with personal info.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on February 25, 2016, 11:33:25 AM
Sending you a PM.

Wasn't trying to be nosey or intrusive, only wanted to better understand where you were coming from relative to the disorder.

Quote from: Uncle Duke on February 25, 2016, 11:41:41 AM
Wasn't trying to be nosey or intrusive, only wanted to better understand where you were coming from relative to the disorder.

PM sent. I can say this, since this part is not personal info: in New York, NY State Licensed Clinical Psychologists diagnose. They used standardized tests such as The Childhood Autism Rating Scale 2 (CARS 2), the Child Behavior Checklist for ages 1.5 to 5 (CBCL), the Hawaii Early Learning Profile (HELP):social scale and the Bayley Scales of Infant Development III.

DarKPenguiN

I've heard both sides of the vaccine debate and I'm torn.

I'm glad I dont have to make those decisions because they're tough ones for anyone who doesnt trust the system.

I guess I dont understand where much of these health issues like autism are coming from. GMO's? vaccines? genetic breakdown? IDK- Just seemed we were much healthier with lesser technology and less vaccines/drugs.

We're certainly over-vaccinated. To what degree I wouldnt even try to guess. I suppose if I had had children that were younger and were needing vaccinations I would be a wreck. Like everything else the waters are so muddy and there is so much dis/mis-information and propaganda from all sides that truth is very elusive in most things.

Ive seen studies that claim a drug works when it barely registers past placebo levels and comes with nasty side effect- still sold for profit. The medical industrial complex is alive and well and here for profit above all- BUT if I'm sick i'm still probably going to listen to my doctors and take mainstream treatment.

Yorkshire pud

ingredients:

The MMR single jab is one of the most studied vaccine regimes that has ever been independently researched. The reason it's made available in the UK is a very simple but tragic one; A great many parents when offered the single shots of measles, mumps and rubella (six in total) don't turn up with their child after the first shot. Therefore not only will they not be immune, but other children similarly exposed will be equally in danger. Anyone who has seen a child with full blown measles cannot possibly think that a vaccine to avoid it is a bad thing. The name in my view makes it sound a mundane and benign 'bug'.. It's horrible. It can leave a child deaf, blind and with horrible life long complications. It can even kill. Mumps if passed onto an adult man can leave him sterile. Rubella is horrible for girls and any future pregnancy plans.

Anyone want smallpox back in our population? What about a little round of Diphtheria? Never hurt anyone did it?

ziznak

A very close friend and ex gf of mine had a child that was labeled as "autistic" and "developementally delayed."  I'm pretty sure being developementally delayed is part of being autistic.  This kid is in his teens now, he doesn't talk although he definitely communicates but normal social interaction is never going to happen.  I was always under the impression that autism meant "rainman" or the classic "idiot-savant."  Apparently it's much more broader.  One person can be autistic and live a mostly normal life... but another person could need day to day care their whole lives.

onan

Quote from: SredniVashtar on February 25, 2016, 10:59:05 AM
If I had to guess, I'd say that it had a lot to with the criteria that autistic children are judged by. There was probably a much narrower definition at one time, but now they seem to talk much more in terms of an 'autism spectrum' that would include many more children that would not previously have been diagnosed as autistic. I don't see it as any great mystery. There hasn't been a  significant rise, it is the criteria that have changed.

I anchor this post to yours, mainly because I no longer care to discuss the "there are rational reasons to not get vaccinations". Bill Maher, as much as I find him funny and insightful, he gets vaccinations wrong. It is that simple. The reason more autism is being diagnosed is due primarily to a much better screening process than even a decade ago. Not all that long ago, almost all learning disabilities were categorized as retardation.

The reasons for autism and the increase in diagnoses are two distinct issues. As a diagnosis, autism is defined by several milestones that do not occur or occur much later than expected. The causative agent of autism is probably primarily genetics. How the brain develops is quite fascinating. While still a fetus the brain starts to develop. At about 4 and a half months the fetal brain starts to develop and quickly. An infant brain has about 100 billion neurons, about the same as an adult. The difference is in the number of connections. An infant brain has many more connections. As the brain grows there is a process called neural pruning that essentially destroys many of the pathways in a young and maturing brain. That is why it is important to teach children at an early age to read and write. As a brain matures to adulthood those tasks become much more difficult to achieve.

Look, better nutrition, a more stable environment, and the removal of toxicities are certainly important. Not as important and deciding rubella, polio, and a myriad of other infections are worth risking to avoid autism.

According to the CDC about 750,000 lives have been saved, and more than 300 million have avoided getting sick from those infections.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on February 25, 2016, 11:46:03 AM
A great many parents when offered the single shots of measles, mumps and rubella (six in total) don't turn up with their child after the first shot. Therefore not only will they not be immune, but other children similarly exposed will be equally in danger.

How will they be in danger? If they are vaccinated, they should not contract the disease, correct? If not, then why are parents who do immunize their children do so? To take chances? If there are 30 children in a classroom, and 1 is not immunized but the other 29 are, the 29 should not be in any danger according to your line/ current view pro vaccine. You can't have it both ways by saying that the 1 will infect the others.

onan

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on February 25, 2016, 11:56:04 AM
How will they be in danger? If they are vaccinated, they should not contract the disease, correct? If not, then why are parents who do immunize their children do so? To take chances? If there are 30 children in a classroom, and 1 is not immunized but the other 29 are, the 29 should not be in any danger according to your line/ current view pro vaccine. You can't have it both ways by saying that the 1 will infect the others.

Well, yes you can. It's called herd immunization.

This is a hot button topic with everyone thinking that they have the answers. My advice to anyone is to do a LOT of research on the topic and be cognizant of whom sponsors a particular study. I'm sure no one wants to put their children in harm's way, which is something that we can all agree on.

DarKPenguiN

Quote from: onan on February 25, 2016, 11:54:59 AM
I anchor this post to yours, mainly because I no longer care to discuss the "there are rational reasons to not get vaccinations". Bill Maher, as much as I find him funny and insightful, he gets vaccinations wrong. It is that simple. The reason more autism is being diagnosed is due primarily to a much better screening process than even a decade ago. Not all that long ago, almost all learning disabilities were categorized as retardation.

The reasons for autism and the increase in diagnoses are two distinct issues. As a diagnosis, autism is defined by several milestones that do not occur or occur much later than expected. The causative agent of autism is probably primarily genetics. How the brain develops is quite fascinating. While still a fetus the brain starts to develop. At about 4 and a half months the fetal brain starts to develop and quickly. An infant brain has about 100 billion neurons, about the same as an adult. The difference is in the number of connections. An infant brain has many more connections. As the brain grows there is a process called neural pruning that essentially destroys many of the pathways in a young and maturing brain. That is why it is important to teach children at an early age to read and write. As a brain matures to adulthood those tasks become much more difficult to achieve.

Look, better nutrition, a more stable environment, and the removal of toxicities are certainly important. Not as important and deciding rubella, polio, and a myriad of other infections are worth risking to avoid autism.

According to the CDC about 750,000 lives have been avoided, and more than 300 million have avoided getting sick from those infections.
This is a good post- Its the way I wish I felt and is probably correct but I'm just still cynical.

Screening may be a ton better- And even become dragnets like with "bi-polar' disorder which diagnosis are evidently handed out like candy as a 'catch all'... But I still dont know. Its like the 'peanut allergy' that now is fairly common just didnt used to exist in such a way. I didnt even know that existed and  every school I went to allowed candy with no rules against peanuts (and no deaths anywhere I went) and suddenly theres at least 2-3 'peanut allergy' kids in every school.

Somethings going on- either diet, medication, vaccines or genetic breakdown (genetic breakdown is my guess to much of this- Not only a natural occurrence but an artificial one due to societal safety nets taking away survival of the fittest from the equation)

onan

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on February 25, 2016, 12:00:07 PM
This is a hot button topic with everyone thinking that they have the answers. My advice to anyone is to do a LOT of research on the topic and be cognizant of whom sponsors a particular study. I'm sure no one wants to put their children in harm's way, which is something that we can all agree on.

Yes it is, however, be just as careful to do research that is sound. There is way too much hysteria with the likes of the Jenny Mcarthy's of the world.

Quote from: onan on February 25, 2016, 11:58:21 AM
Well, yes you can. It's called herd immunization.

Exactly, when a large portion of a community is immunized against a disease, most members of the community are protected against that disease because there is little opportunity for an outbreak, as per pro vaccine model. Even if there were an outbreak, the immunized members (majority) would be protected. So, no problem.

Also, choosing to NOT immunize a child should be partnered along with raising the child in an environment where healthy food options are provided regularly, as opposed of the fast food that passes for nutrition these days. The closer to nature or unprocessed that a food is, the healthier. You can't chose to not vaccinate and feed your kids McDonalds.

SciFiAuthor

Lard is delicious *drool* ... so is bacon.

Auslandia

Dude, it's alient DNA.  DUH

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on February 25, 2016, 12:06:44 PM
The closer to nature or unprocessed that a food is, the healthier.

Tell that to the cavemen, who didn't usually make it past 30.

Quote from: SredniVashtar on February 25, 2016, 12:12:12 PM

What makes you think that only had to do with their diets? They lived with no central heating, no penicillin, no awareness of germs and no protection from lions.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: Auslandia on February 25, 2016, 09:36:37 AM
He's packing way too many things into each episode

In the X-Files thread, we're unanimous on too much stuff regarding the last episode. On the first five, it hasn't come up because that didn't seem to be happening.

Quote from: DarKPenguiN on February 25, 2016, 12:01:42 PM
This is a good post- Its the way I wish I felt and is probably correct but I'm just still cynical.

Screening may be a ton better- And even become dragnets like with "bi-polar' disorder which diagnosis are evidently handed out like candy as a 'catch all'... But I still dont know. Its like the 'peanut allergy' that now is fairly common just didnt used to exist in such a way. I didnt even know that existed and  every school I went to allowed candy with no rules against peanuts (and no deaths anywhere I went) and suddenly theres at least 2-3 'peanut allergy' kids in every school.

Somethings going on- either diet, medication, vaccines or genetic breakdown (genetic breakdown is my guess to much of this- Not only a natural occurrence but an artificial one due to societal safety nets taking away survival of the fittest from the equation)

Move the goal posts; results will always change. The same thing happens with 'domestic violence' and 'rape' statistics. Doctoring stats can apply to any study. If the spectrum is widened/narrowed...

GravitySucks

I know I am going to catch shit about this, but here are my thoughts.

Up until 100 years ago, people basically grew up where all of there ancestors did, eating the same foods, drinking the same water, catching and developing immunity to the same diseases. They married within their population.  Life spans weren't long, and the weak died before passing on weak genetics. The strong survived and passed on this genetics.

As societies became more mobile, people ate new foods, drank different water, married people with different genetics, and had kids. Just like with any hybrid organism, sometimes you end up with more desireable traits, sometimes less. But 75 years ago, we didn't have the medical advances we have now. The weak still died young, pruning the weaker limbs from the genetic tree.

Now we can save a baby beginning at 23-24 weeks if everything goes well. Kids that used to die from things as simple as the whooping cough, are living to ripe old ages and passing on the weaker genetics.

My mother was 100% Polish, my father was 50% German, 50% Irish I look at my son, and he is Polish, German, Irish, Scotch, French Canadian, and Native American. We have become the melting pot, but the genetics that used to protect us in our own little enclaves have long since been interspersed with other strengths and weaknesses. He was born premature, and 100 years ago would have died. Today he is 3 inches taller than me and a foot taller than his mother. But he has some minor learning disabilities.

I don't have any scientific studies to cite, just my observations.  It seems like people with weak genetics used to die before they could reproduce, or their children died young. Today, through the "miracles" of science, we are keeping more and more people alive, and they are having children.

As we get further along with trans humanism, you will see couples trying to weed out bad genetics in their offspring, either through terminating pregnancies or by creating designer babies. We should prepare our minds for that. It is already happening. It might not be the social norm, but in 20, 30, or 50 years, we may be seeing a menu or a recipe for selecting your next offspring. And I am not advocating it or saying it is right, I am just making an observation of where we have gotten to today, and what I see coming rapidly.

Quote from: SredniVashtar on February 25, 2016, 12:12:12 PM

Don't worry, in 9000 years human metabolism will evolve to handle KFC & Mickey D's.