• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Knapp

Started by ArtBellFan, April 27, 2008, 09:05:01 AM

TigerLily

Quote from: WOTR on June 26, 2017, 03:04:36 AM
G'night TL (and everybody else.)

Sweet Dreams WOTR (and everybody else)

anunnaki

Bruce Maccabee Can't properly enunciate for shit- terrible speaker !

Uncle Duke

Finally, Knapp has a ufology guest who is not a scam artist.  I really enjoyed Dr. Maccabee, look forward to reading his book on the Arnold sighting.

Listening to the Maccabee interview reminded me of the book "Intercept, but Don't Shoot" I read back in the early 70s. The book's author, Renato Vesco, claimed many of the post-Arnold UFO sightings in the US in the late 40s/early 50s were Canadian-based, British a/c designed/built from advanced Nazi designs.  The premise was the US and Soviets were so intent on capturing German rocketry secrets, they overlooked and allowed the Brits to collect advanced aircraft technology.  When the US refused to provide the atom bomb to the UK because they had "nothing to trade", the Brits one-upped the US by humiliating American air defense with their advanced a/c.

In the big picture, Vesco's theory is silly.  On the other hand, the Brits did put more emphasis on German aviation (vice rocket) research than the US and Soviets, and the US did stiff the British on providing atomic secrets under the McMahon Act.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Uncle Duke on June 26, 2017, 05:44:10 PM
Finally, Knapp has a ufology guest who is not a scam artist.  I really enjoyed Dr. Maccabee, look forward to reading his book on the Arnold sighting.

Listening to the Maccabee interview reminded me of the book "Intercept, but Don't Shoot" I read back in the early 70s. The book's author, Renato Vesco, claimed many of the post-Arnold UFO sightings in the US in the late 40s/early 50s were Canadian-based, British a/c designed/built from advanced Nazi designs.  The premise was the US and Soviets were so intent on capturing German rocketry secrets, they overlooked and allowed the Brits to collect advanced aircraft technology.  When the US refused to provide the atom bomb to the UK because they had "nothing to trade", the Brits one-upped the US by humiliating US air defense with their advanced a/c.

In the big picture, Vesco's theory is silly.  On the other hand, the Brits did put more emphasis on German aviation (vice rocket) research than the US and Soviets, and the US did stiff the British on providing atomic secrets under the McMahon Act.

Hm, I should probably have listened to him instead of Hoagie's satellite guy.  Sounds like a cool theory.  I don't suppose his wife's encounter with the entity came up, did it?

Uncle Duke

Quote from: K_Dubb on June 26, 2017, 05:57:07 PM
Hm, I should probably have listened to him instead of Hoagie's satellite guy.  Sounds like a cool theory.  I don't suppose his wife's encounter with the entity came up, did it?

No discussion of the Predator-like thing his wife claimed to have seen, entire interview (no callers) dealt with Macabbee's book on the Arnold sighting.  And to clarify, there was no discussion, even mention, of Vesco's UK theory.  Maccabee did address the possibility of Arnold's sighting being Soviet aircraft, but he didn't put any credence into the idea.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Uncle Duke on June 26, 2017, 06:25:30 PM
No discussion of the Predator-like thing his wife claimed to have seen, entire interview (no callers) dealt with Macabbee's book on the Arnold sighting.  And to clarify, there was no discussion, even mention, of Vesco's UK theory.  Maccabee did address the possibility of Arnold's sighting being Soviet aircraft, but he didn't put any credence into the idea.

Oh ok, thanks, I was hoping to hear his side of the predator story. 

MrHippie

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/shows/george-knapp-shows

Have you folks seen the second best Twitter out there
https://twitter.com/g_knapp

George Knapp @g_knapp Jul 8
65,000, people pass the time by singing a song together

http://www.thatericalper.com/2017/07/04/65000-people-in-london-wait-for-green-day-to-pass-the-time-away-they-sung-this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZnBNuqqz5g
----
best six minutes of my day
---

The first best Twitter in the galaxy ?
Why that would be Mark Hamill of course
https://twitter.com/hamillhimself

Luke and Rey see something in a parking lot far,far away.

MrHippie

Date
Sunday - July 16, 2017
Host
George Knapp
Guests
Jacques F. Vallee,  Susan Ash   

Forbidden Science/ Saving Wild Horses

CozyRozie

Quote from: MrHippie on July 14, 2017, 02:44:00 PM
Date
Sunday - July 16, 2017
Host
George Knapp
Guests
Jacques F. Vallee,  Susan Ash   

Forbidden Science/ Saving Wild Horses

Forbidden Science is good topic,..but the Saving Wild Horses is overdone.
What are we going to do with this massively growing population of wild horses who eat massive amounts of green grass ??
Just let them take over all the terrain and eat away green grass -yet we as humans have no benefit from it, I say have controlled killing of them
and use their meat -or to feed the hungry humans or to make cat/dog food from it.

They eat grass that cattle could be eating or wild animals, there is a point that we humans should take control over wild horses,
otherwise we will have same situation they are having in Africa where elephants are destroying natural habitats
by eating enormous amounts of green vegetation every freaking day.
And that's the direct result of misguided 'emotional' actions by elephant lovers from years ago..now those elephants have to be simple killed
in order to protect the land so other species can have some green vegetation to eat as well.

As nostalgic as horses are to humans,(and I love horses) but logic not emotions should guide decisions in such instances.
I'm not touched or emotionally affected by the situation of wild horses, it's a question of common sense and priorities.
Acting emotionally will lead only to more wild horses, -it would be great if American businessmen sell them for meat to other countries,
otherwise stop this emotional insanity to save them at any cost...even at the cost of bringing significant ecological imbalance to those parts of America.

ItsOver

I'm glad Vallee is up first.  I won't last for the second half and just not into horses, not that I hated Flicka or something.

Nebraska888

Quote from: ItsOver on July 16, 2017, 05:41:36 PM
I'm glad Vallee is up first.  I won't last for the second half and just not into horses, not that I hated Flicka or something.

My exact sentiments!

zeebo

I get it, so no horsing around tonite, everyone's hitting the hay early.

GravitySucks

Quote from: zeebo on July 16, 2017, 10:55:13 PM

My stream is stable

TigerLily

Tonight with Vallée sounds awesome. I'm skipping the second half too. Still recovering from last night's suffering critter story

CozyRozie

Quote from: ItsOver on July 16, 2017, 05:41:36 PM

I remember reading that book was so traumatizing... 

ShayP

ShayP

Quote from: TigerLily on July 16, 2017, 11:16:09 PM
Tonight with Vallée sounds awesome. I'm skipping the second half too. Still recovering from last night's suffering critter story

Hello lady. Hope all is well.  :)

Nebraska888

Hi Zee!  On the porch with the stars and beautiful constellations overhead!  Excited for tonight!  Here we go!

ShayP

Quote from: th'ONE on July 16, 2017, 11:18:02 PM
I remember reading that book was so traumatizing...

C'mon man...why do you have MV's avatar?  ::)   Resist the instinct to troll.  Please.  You're better for it man.  ;)

starrmtn001

Hi, Sister TigerLily! :-*  Hi, Fellow Knappsters! ;D

GravitySucks

Hay!  That is the mane topic tonight.

TigerLily

Quote from: StarrMountain on July 16, 2017, 11:22:25 PM

Hi Sister Starr. Lovely to see you

ShayP

Quote from: Nebraska888 on July 16, 2017, 11:21:59 PM
Hi Zee!  On the porch with the stars and beautiful constellations overhead!  Excited for tonight!  Here we go!

Hello Nebraska888!  I realize zeebo has that squirrely charm but you and I used to get along swimmingly years ago, but over time circumstance separated us.  Such is life.  :-\   ;)   Regardless....CHEERS!  :)

CozyRozie

Quote from: ShayP on July 16, 2017, 11:22:06 PM
C'mon man...why do you have MV's avatar?  ::)   Resist the instinct to troll.  Please.  You're better for it man.  ;)

I DECIDED that the current MV and future MV should have same avatars so you guys can get used to the switch that might be happening soon ;) 8)

ShayP

Quote from: StarrMountain on July 16, 2017, 11:22:25 PM

Hello star!!!!!  :-*

ShayP

Quote from: th'ONE on July 16, 2017, 11:25:40 PM
I DECIDED that the current MV and future MV should have same avatars so you guys can get used to the switch that might be happening soon ;) 8)

No.

TigerLily

Quote from: GravitySucks on July 16, 2017, 11:24:06 PM
Hay!  That is the mane topic tonight.

Vallée, oui. Sad horse tales, neigh

AvDaBr

Not sure I'm going to be glued to the radio for the second half either.

CozyRozie