• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

DaveSchrader

Quote from: Liberace! on October 18, 2018, 11:31:59 PM
I'm on Team Schrader. I love you, Dave!

Always appreciate a little love.

But not opposed to the opposite.

Funny, I am too PC, I am not PC, I am milquetoast, I am offensive. 

I do enjoy the posts here too. Negative and Positive or Neutral.

For the record, I never ask people to banned at any boards.  And when I ignore attack posts I don't care, when I do I am told I shouldn't by many of you in private messages.

Glad to see BG back and a place for people to feel like they are home again, people can visit whichever board they connect to.

DS

DaveSchrader

Quote from: malachi.martini on October 19, 2018, 10:52:24 PM
Mine sounds like Harry Potter!

Do you believe women? Why did you mention tampons when calling someone stupid? This is really problematic, I hope you can see why.

Also, have you gone on record with support for Black Lives Matter? If not, why not?

Aren't transpeople the best?

I'd feel lots better listening to the show knowing where you stand on these issues.

This is the comment I posted, after attack and attack and name calling, so I responded in kind trying to have fun with VC.

"This is the final response I have for a drama loving, attention starved social misfit with the collective intelligence and business savvy of a discarded tampon....I take that back...at least the tampon once served a purpose."

That is in no way misogynistic, it doesn't attack or dismiss women in any way shape or form. Just that he was being compared to a discarded tampon...and I even mention that at least the tampon served a purpose.  So, as you can see, no attack at all.

I do believe women, I have daughters and best friends that are women and some that have been attacked and shamed into silence. Disgusting.

I have not made any formal statements regarding Black Lives Matter as I do a show about the paranormal and that topic isn't covered. But I do talk about Police misconduct often on our True Crime Show.

And I believe all lives matter, ask my daughter Keila...she is half African American.

I don't believe I personally know a transperson but have no issues with meeting someone and being friends.

Hope that helps.

DS

Jojo

I think there are real Druids still.

Jackstar

Quote from: 14 on October 19, 2018, 11:39:32 PM
I think there are real Druids still.

They say to stop swilling poison.

VC

Quote from: DaveSchrader on October 19, 2018, 10:36:44 PM
Not at all, every night is a real live show. We opened phones 3 nights this week and the chickens are the ones NOT calling in Dr. MD MD

Before bitchin, know the facts.
You did NOT even ask any of the questions I posted to the thread for 2-3 of your guests. Why?

You're an idiot if you think taking calls during a One Hour "phone it in Nory" style interview is worth doing. DA.

VC

Quote from: DaveSchrader on October 19, 2018, 11:29:18 PM
This is the comment I posted, after attack and attack and name calling, so I responded in kind trying to have fun with VC.

"This is the final response I have for a drama loving, attention starved social misfit with the collective intelligence and business savvy of a discarded tampon....I take that back...at least the tampon once served a purpose."

LOL...I think it's only reasonable that I can respond to other people's posts to me or directed at me, so your characterization of "attack after attack and name calling" IS FULL OF SHIT... if you're implying I should NOT or cannot respond to those comments directed at or to me.

You're a little shit DS. Why? After you posted your attack directed at me I was banned from posting in ANY thread topics at Fart Ell. Undo THAT if you're a man with a sense of decency and don't want censorship and banning ON YOUR BEHALF.

What kind of a man are you calling me a coward? And, I can't respond.

Yeah, I will get personal "in kind" at that point by reversing your words on you... "coward".

Quote from: DaveSchrader on October 19, 2018, 10:52:45 PM
For the record, I never ask people to banned at any boards.  And when I ignore attack posts I don't care, when I do I am told I shouldn't by many of you in private messages.
Get off your sorry ass and tell Fart Bell to UNban me there for your own sake if you have any sense of decency considering what you just wrote above!

LOL...yeah right!  ::)

DaveSchrader

Quote from: VC on October 20, 2018, 12:18:56 AM
You did NOT even ask any of the questions I posted to the thread for 2-3 of your guests. Why?

You're an idiot if you think taking calls during a One Hour "phone it in Nory" style interview is worth doing. DA.

I'm rubber, you're glue, everything you say bounces off me and sticks to you.

VC, I respond to you, you don't listen. You just keep blustering.

I GET IT, you want callers, so do I. Good callers. We have promoted, people don't call. In 3 hours we get a few calls. Most people are more comfortable emailing me, messaging me on social media and via the wormhole and if you pay attention, many of the people on these 2 forums agree they don't want to call in. They prefer direct communication.

We are taking more calls, on more nights. I am trying. 

I do not listen to HW show, all I hear is that it is the same group of 12-15 callers.  Most call to support her and talk her up. I do not know if that is true or false as I do not listen.

As far as missing your questions, sometimes the pages go by fast, or I get into the conversation and miss some of the questions. You can email me Dave@MidnightInTheDesert.com and I see that and can access that easier. So in all honesty, please accept  my apologies for missing the questions you posed.

From my perspective, I am called a coward/pussy for not taking calls. We took calls on more than 1 night when we got the phone systems working. We did it on a few occasions but they were weak with responses or the responses with just people swearing, burping or farting or flushing toilets. There is no way to respond to those calls, there is no way to be clever and respond. I do think it is weak to bitch about not taking calls and then not calling when we do open lines. That is my opinion and holds as much weight as  your do for you.

I think you get a false understanding when listening to the replays, we got calls and took calls but edited them out for being just desperate morons seeking to fill the show with garbage. Not actual calls, just rude sounds. SO you may think we didn't do or accept calls, we did, we just erased them from the archives since they brought nothing to the show, Keith edited those out of HW shows as well.

1 hour guests....like it or not, the world has changed in the years since Art Bell began doing these style shows. The solid guests that can maintain 3-4 hour shows on their own are VERY few and far between and we are still tasked with filling 3 hours of live radio a night. Some guests only offer 1 hour of time so we take them.  It is what it is.

Other shows that drag a guest 3-4 hours when they really only have 1-2 hours of content does a disservice to the guest and the audience. You can be the greatest host in the world, if the guest is not dynamic and has 1 hour in them, you make the best of it.

There is also 1000s of podcasts vying for these guests, burning them out, turning them off to doing more shows. There wasn't that problem when Art began. 

You may call bullshit but until you are in the position of doing this job you will never know the reality of it.  So judge away and be wrong and think you know better. Trust me, I would like solid 3 hour guests, Michelle would like solid 3 hour guests so she has a deeper pool to work in and we don't go through as many guests as fast as we do. But that is just not the way of the world any more.

You will never be happy with me as host and I am ok with that. But spouting off half truths and lies doesn't make them real.

DS

DaveSchrader

Quote from: VC on October 20, 2018, 12:37:10 AM

Yeah, I will get personal "in kind" at that point by reversing your words on you... "coward".
Get off your sorry ass and tell Fart Bell to UNban me there for your own sake if you have any sense of decency considering what you just wrote above!

LOL...yeah right!  ::)

Not my board and just like MV/Liberace...I cannot tell them what to do with their boards any more than they can tell me what to do with my show.

You can address me here, I am not running from you, you still get your say and have a safe place to do it where you have others supporting you and wont be attacked by my "Choir and Fans"

Again, you will bitch and complain about being banned, it wasn't my doing, isn't my choice and I have no control over how others run their site. Be as pissy as you want, that is a fact.  If I told MV to ban you here he would laugh at me and tell me to go if I don't like it. BE has made choices that are his and his alone and are his site to do so.

I only come to both sites out of caring about connecting with listeners, good, bad and otherwise. I can only control my show. Not public chat boards or their owners.

DS

Damn, you are quite the multitasker, Dave.

chefist

Quote from: DaveSchrader on October 20, 2018, 01:07:51 AM

Not my board and just like MV/Liberace...I cannot tell them what to do with their boards any more than they can tell me what to do with my show.

You can address me here, I am not running from you, you still get your say and have a safe place to do it where you have others supporting you and wont be attacked by my "Choir and Fans"

Again, you will bitch and complain about being banned, it wasn't my doing, isn't my choice and I have no control over how others run their site. Be as pissy as you want, that is a fact.  If I told MV to ban you here he would laugh at me and tell me to go if I don't like it. BE has made choices that are his and his alone and are his site to do so.

I only come to both sites out of caring about connecting with listeners, good, bad and otherwise. I can only control my show. Not public chat boards or their owners.

DS

Wish DS all the best...but I'm team MV1...we were making our own entertainment years ago...didn't need a "talent"...it was fun, and continues to be...great experiment MV started...

DS...good luck out there....you really don't need us old BG folks...we are fine on our own!  ;)

Corona Kitty

Quote from: chefist on October 20, 2018, 01:55:00 AM
Wish DS all the best...but I'm team MV1...we were making our own entertainment years ago...didn't need a "talent"...it was fun, and continues to be...great experiment MV started...

DS...good luck out there....you really don't need us old BG folks...we are fine on our own!  ;)

https://youtu.be/k7rPOaoPL4I

Quote from: DaveSchrader on October 20, 2018, 01:07:51 AM
BE has made choices that are his and his alone and are his site to do so.

His and his alone huh?

I was a Dave fan and a member of Bellgab long before he took the helm at MITD so what does that make me?

Quote from: malachi.martini on October 20, 2018, 03:31:14 AM

His and his alone huh?

MV is the one who took his own site down with scant warning. 

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: DaveSchrader on October 19, 2018, 10:28:45 PM

Awww, you say the sweetest things.
xoxox

DS

Here’s another then. You’re a ginormous horse’s ass! Didn’t take long for the power to go right to that fat head of yours, did it? :D

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: DaveSchrader on October 19, 2018, 10:30:22 PM

Sometimes words is hard. ~ Dave Schrader

Then choose a different business and spare us all your mediocrity. ::)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: DaveSchrader on October 19, 2018, 10:36:44 PM

Not at all, every night is a real live show. We opened phones 3 nights this week and the chickens are the ones NOT calling in Dr. MD MD

Before bitchin, know the facts.

DS

TOTALLY FULL OF SHIT! Open your lines up to REAL callers, not just your friends with whom you’ve prearranged a conversation. ::)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: DaveSchrader on October 19, 2018, 10:42:26 PM

Nope...again twisting the narrative, all I did was shush VC during the show from complaining about Callers, when in fact, we were taking calls.

All I said was SHUSH...jokingly to keep the fighting to a minimum and asking to keep the war to the other 21 hours a day and not on the show. Fight about the topic, the guest or something I said on the show but whining about something over and over that is a moot point on the current topic seems a waste to me.

Go lurk and see it was done tongue in cheek. Or don't, make uneducated judgements, that seems easier. Yeah, fuck it....that is more fun, Shrader is a pussy! ;)

DS

Dude, you’re too much of a talentless hack to pull off tongue in cheeck. Don’t even try!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: DaveSchrader on October 19, 2018, 10:52:45 PM

Always appreciate a little love.

But not opposed to the opposite.

Funny, I am too PC, I am not PC, I am milquetoast, I am offensive. 

I do enjoy the posts here too. Negative and Positive or Neutral.

Glad to see BG back and a place for people to feel like they are home again, people can visit whichever board they connect to.

DS

You suck! Stop lying to us. You don’t like seeing Bellgab back because now you don’t have total control anymore, faggot.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: DaveSchrader on October 19, 2018, 11:29:18 PM

That is in no way misogynistic, it doesn't attack or dismiss women in any way shape or form. Just that he was being compared to a discarded tampon...and I even mention that at least the tampon served a purpose.  So, as you can see, no attack at all.

I do believe women, I have daughters and best friends that are women and some that have been attacked and shamed into silence. Disgusting.

I have not made any formal statements regarding Black Lives Matter as I do a show about the paranormal and that topic isn't covered. But I do talk about Police misconduct often on our True Crime Show.

And I believe all lives matter, ask my daughter Keila...she is half African American.

I don't believe I personally know a transperson but have no issues with meeting someone and being friends.

Hope that helps.

DS

Having no inner dialogue Dave’s for whatever they tell him to be for.  ;D

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: DaveSchrader on October 20, 2018, 01:03:04 AM

I'm rubber, you're glue, everything you say bounces off me and sticks to you.

VC, I respond to you, you don't listen. You just keep blustering.

I GET IT, you want callers, so do I. Good callers. We have promoted, people don't call. In 3 hours we get a few calls. Most people are more comfortable emailing me, messaging me on social media and via the wormhole and if you pay attention, many of the people on these 2 forums agree they don't want to call in. They prefer direct communication.

We are taking more calls, on more nights. I am trying. 

I do not listen to HW show, all I hear is that it is the same group of 12-15 callers.  Most call to support her and talk her up. I do not know if that is true or false as I do not listen.

As far as missing your questions, sometimes the pages go by fast, or I get into the conversation and miss some of the questions. You can email me Dave@MidnightInTheDesert.com and I see that and can access that easier. So in all honesty, please accept  my apologies for missing the questions you posed.

From my perspective, I am called a coward/pussy for not taking calls. We took calls on more than 1 night when we got the phone systems working. We did it on a few occasions but they were weak with responses or the responses with just people swearing, burping or farting or flushing toilets. There is no way to respond to those calls, there is no way to be clever and respond. I do think it is weak to bitch about not taking calls and then not calling when we do open lines. That is my opinion and holds as much weight as  your do for you.

I think you get a false understanding when listening to the replays, we got calls and took calls but edited them out for being just desperate morons seeking to fill the show with garbage. Not actual calls, just rude sounds. SO you may think we didn't do or accept calls, we did, we just erased them from the archives since they brought nothing to the show, Keith edited those out of HW shows as well.

1 hour guests....like it or not, the world has changed in the years since Art Bell began doing these style shows. The solid guests that can maintain 3-4 hour shows on their own are VERY few and far between and we are still tasked with filling 3 hours of live radio a night. Some guests only offer 1 hour of time so we take them.  It is what it is.

Other shows that drag a guest 3-4 hours when they really only have 1-2 hours of content does a disservice to the guest and the audience. You can be the greatest host in the world, if the guest is not dynamic and has 1 hour in them, you make the best of it.

There is also 1000s of podcasts vying for these guests, burning them out, turning them off to doing more shows. There wasn't that problem when Art began. 

You may call bullshit but until you are in the position of doing this job you will never know the reality of it.  So judge away and be wrong and think you know better. Trust me, I would like solid 3 hour guests, Michelle would like solid 3 hour guests so she has a deeper pool to work in and we don't go through as many guests as fast as we do. But that is just not the way of the world any more.

You will never be happy with me as host and I am ok with that. But spouting off half truths and lies doesn't make them real.

DS

People don’t call in because your show sucks...because you’re a control freak asshole. ;)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 20, 2018, 01:09:38 AM
Damn, you are quite the multitasker, Dave.

A little more to the left. You’re not fondling his left testicle. ;)

Dr. MD MD

+1

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: malachi.martini on October 20, 2018, 03:31:14 AM

His and his alone huh?

He thinks we’re all stupid and beneath him. ;)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 20, 2018, 03:47:23 AM
I was a Dave fan and a member of Bellgab long before he took the helm at MITD so what does that make me?

A schmuck!

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 20, 2018, 03:49:11 AM
MV is the one who took his own site down with scant warning.

I respect Lees reasons, whatever they were. I don't respect people who are entirely full of shit, ignore those archived tweets all you like, your safespace is run by lying opportunists.

Lilith

Quote from: DaveSchrader on October 19, 2018, 10:34:37 PM

I always lurk....couldn't recall my log in as I had set it up years ago and my memory for passwords sucks.

DS

I had a feeling you were lurking..

noo noo noo noo.

I'm still a hater and a troll.  Ellgab did not reform me.