• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Knapp

Started by ArtBellFan, April 27, 2008, 09:05:01 AM

ArtBellFan

George Knapp interviews Col. John Alexander~ Bruce Maccabee Sunday April 27,2008

First hour, Col. John Alexander will cover the government's discussion of UFOs. Then, U.S. Navy research physicist
http://www.whale.to/b/alexander_q.html

U. S. Navy Research Physicist Bruce Maccabee is the author of The UFO/FBI Connection, The Secret History of the Government's Cover-Up. Bruce received his Ph.D. in Physics from American University, Washington, D. C., in 1970. He was hired by the U. S. Department of Navy to be a physics researcher at what was then called the Naval Ordnance Laboratory (NOL). That name was later changed to the Naval Surface Warfare Center, Dahlgren Division where Dr. Maccabee has worked ever since. Dr. Maccabee says, "With FOIA releases and document leaks, we're learning more about what happened years ago then they knew years ago."

www.brumac.8k.com

Max

wow this guy's website sucks badly

Did you see more then one page?

Max

I looked at the www.brumac.8k.com.

thats an embarrassing site to go onto coast with..  its so 90's design

Just checked it.  Seems better then some of the others I've seen, which isn't saying much.

EvB

Quote from: PhantasticSanShiSan on April 29, 2008, 12:47:50 AM
Just checked it.  Seems better then some of the others I've seen, which isn't saying much.

I agree - including C2C's - not by a whole lot - but really, who DOES their web - um - "design" ?

Max

look, I could slap up a basic portal software site, and put a generic template on it, and it would look 100% better... oh and I could set it up in about an hour as well..

and thats not be arrogant....lol

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Max on April 29, 2008, 07:09:22 AM
and thats not be arrogant....lol
that's why the shitty nature of most c2c guests' sites is so absurd... because you certainly AREN'T being arrogant in that statement.  i know through my experience with e107 (visible at ufoship.com) a site can be functional within about 5 minutes, and you could have it significantly personalized and large amounts of content integrated within the hour.  i don't get these arse-logs who lumber around with these shit sites in 2008.  and every CMS i know of is free(content management system, of which e107 is one), thus making it all the more egregious.

danDNA

im rilly rilly enjoying george knapp at the moment. he seems to know a few heavy hitters and ain't afraid to give them a ring to get the LD, and he also knows his ish.
although he looks a little like george lucas he ain't in a galaxy far, far away, maybe its the investigative journalist in him (a rare breed) or perhaps the fact that he has been around, i dunno, but i get a feeling from him that he is a bit hip (unlike L7 GN), that it would be hard to pull the wool over his eyes and that he don't buy into a lot of crap that another host does. he don't hype up the guest so much and then when you hear them they're just talking about how they chat to angels in their sleep or that heaven is filled with everyone ever alive and they're all waiting to speak to him, GK just gets on with it. i wish they would have him on a bit more.....

EvB

You got my $ on that! 

It took me a couple of shows to warm to the guy - but I really like him.  It was a good three days this last weekend.  NO GEORGE!

danDNA

GN gets it in literally every post, i feel a bit bad for him sometimes, like when im listening to him i sometimes think 'why have i become so aware of his ineptitude?' and then i remember, its all down to this site. damn you and thank you all.

Quote from: danDNA on August 26, 2008, 12:43:43 PM
GN gets it in literally every post, i feel a bit bad for him sometimes, like when im listening to him i sometimes think 'why have i become so aware of his ineptitude?' and then i remember, its all down to this site. damn you and thank you all.

I kinda liked Noory originally. I was here because of Art Bell, and not because I hated Noory.  But slowly......slowly....they've kept me drinking the delicious kool-aid.............kool-aid.  I ....detest...George......Noory. Please.....more.......kool-aid...

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: PhantasticSanShiSan on August 26, 2008, 04:07:52 PM
I kinda liked Noory originally. I was here because of Art Bell, and not because I hated Noory.  But slowly......slowly....they've kept me drinking the delicious kool-aid.............kool-aid.  I ....detest...George......Noory. Please.....more.......kool-aid...
HA!!!!!

Meegle

Hey all,

I was wondering what the consensus was here about Mr. Knapp.

To me he seems like the most respectable of the 3 hosts on C2C. I just listened to his Howard Hughes program and was just fascinated at how much better he is than Noory aside from the fact that Knapp appears to be....oh what's the word....INTELLIGENT!

I dig him and wish he was the main host.  8)

EvB

He is good - but has a full-time gig elsewhere.

Loui Zoot

Knapp makes a nice change from Noory. He's got a real hard time managing to make it to his scheduled appearances on coast. He's certainly has a place in topics he covers. I think he's way better off keeping his day job.

Spikegirl

I love Knapp. I've heard it said on more than one occasion that he is the true heir of Coast to Coast. I'm sure for the right amount of money, Mr. Knapp could be persuaded to leave his other full time job at the news station. Allegedly, Snoory makes $400,000 a year. To do nothing. I don't think Mr Knapp earns that much, but he sure is worth it. If the suits at Premrad had any business sense, they'd get Knapp to replace the Snoron and I am sure the ratings would go sky high. I post at another site and there is a poster there who has put up the Arbitron ratings when they have been made available and George is not doing as well as he likes to say he is doing. George is the Bagdad Bob of Coast to Coast.

The ratings have never been higher! Everyone on the planet loves me! I have a contract till the end of time!

Frys Girl

I also like Knapp. I find him much more interesting and intelligent than Snoory. The difference is that he listens to the guests and callers and actually works/thinks about discussing things.

EvB

Quote from: Spikegirl on August 27, 2008, 10:41:03 AM

The ratings have never been higher! Everyone on the planet loves me! I have a contract till the end of time!

For good or ill - at this point I believe that GN DOES have a fan-base - and that getting rid of him would cause as many problems as it would solve. Those kinds of changes for a high-profile show are always hard.

The suits may simply have decided to continue dancing with the devil they know.

Spikegirl

Quote from: Frys Girl on August 27, 2008, 10:43:36 AM
I also like Knapp. I find him much more interesting and intelligent than Snoory. The difference is that he listens to the guests and callers and actually works/thinks about discussing things.
Also, Mr Knapp reads books, is knowledgeable on various subjects, is able to carry on a conversation, does not ask stupid and irrelevant questions, is able to handle phone calls that haven't been triple screened, etc.

MV/Liberace!

Allegedly, Snoory makes $400,000 a year. To do nothing.
haha, you're getting bum information from somebody here.  i GUARANTEE snoory is making a lot more than $400k.  for example, rush limbaugh's show is heard on just over 600 affiliates.  george is heard on over 500 i think.  in 2001, rush signed an 8-year, $280 million contract.  rush just signed again for $400 million, in addition to a 7 figure signing bonus and various other financial incentives.  i GUARANTEE YOU snoory is rich because of his involvement with c2c.  very rich.

Frys Girl

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on August 28, 2008, 10:30:09 AM
haha, you're getting bum information from somebody here.  i GUARANTEE snoory is making a lot more than $400k.  for example, rush limbaugh's show is heard on just over 600 affiliates.  george is heard on over 500 i think.  in 2001, rush signed an 8-year, $280 million contract.  rush just signed again for $400 million, in addition to a 7 figure signing bonus and various other financial incentives.  i GUARANTEE YOU snoory is rich because of his involvement with c2c.  very rich.
It's another sunny day in hell.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Frys Girl on August 28, 2008, 10:43:34 AM
It's another sunny day in hell.
yeah, i feel you here.  it really does seem cosmically unfair that such an ARSE LOG could make so much money for doing so little.  i've seen similar people in similar situations throughout life, and i'm sure i'll see more lightweights going forward.  not everybody who is successful deserves their success.  that's just how it is.

11angeleyes11

I love Knapp. I've heard it said on more than one occasion that he is the true heir of Coast to Coast. I'm sure for the right amount of money, Mr. Knapp could be persuaded to leave his other full time job at the news station. Allegedly, Snoory makes $400,000 a year. To do nothing. I don't think Mr Knapp earns that much, but he sure is worth it. If the suits at Premrad had any business sense, they'd get Knapp to replace the Snoron and I am sure the ratings would go sky high. I post at another site and there is a poster there who has put up the Arbitron ratings when they have been made available and George is not doing as well as he likes to say he is doing. George is the Bagdad Bob of Coast to Coast.

Well, according to those Mayans, the end of time is almost upon us, 2012.  Maybe he'll be sucked into the backwind of a portal and we'll only hear his voice trail off Everyonnnnnneeeee iinnnnnnnn thiissssss poortallllllll lovessssss meeeeeee, toooooooo! Splat!  No more Noory.  (It's been a bad week, I am a Noory deviant tonight.)

If that occurs, and stranger things have happened, like him getting Coast in the first place,  that would leave an opening for George Knapp to step into.  I love the Knappster.  He is so engrossing in his subjects and he has that strong background in investigative journalism.  His abode is near Area 51, like Art's was.  It is not in Hollywood, just a step away from Tinseltown.  He lives in Las Vegas, the capital of sex, sin and sojourns.  It just lends itself to the whole mysterious, late night ambiance that was once Coast.  I remember when I listened to Art, it was on a one to one basis, me and the man in the High Desert.  He was a rogue, an explorer of the paranormal and all of its intrinsics.  I get some of the same flavor when I hear George Knapp.  With George, goodness loves  him, but it is just not the same.  I feel like I am having a one on one with someone off of Sesame Street. 

slipstream

I don't like Knapp.  He makes me want to take a nap.   :D

saab93driver

Knapp, Wells and Hilly Rose are all better hosts than Noory.

Spikegirl

Quote from: saab93driver on September 01, 2008, 04:01:33 PM
Knapp, Wells and Hilly Rose are all better hosts than Noory.

I absolutely LOVE Welles. Between that deep voice and the Texas accent, I am absolutely riveted to the radio. And he does a good interview.

danDNA

WE NEED A GEORGE KNAPP PLACE ON HERE.

why aint good george got a board here, bad george gets all the publicity. i hear some callers on open lines sounding like they want to yell "GEORGE PLEASE SAVE US FROM THE SUCKING! IT HURTS!" but all they can muster is "i really like you george, i wish you could be on every sunday". well those people need us dammit, dont forget about those poor souls who arnt even aware this place exists. we need to get on MOD EDIT:  lah lah lah you know what he's referring to . . . and all the other GN lovers and scout them for dissenters.

on a lighter note George Knapp put his foot in seth shitsack's ring and wiggled it hard in the first hour. that is exactly the sort of thing i think GN could never do, argue convincingly with someone. i was ready to kick off with someone right there on the building site when i was listening to him rant, i thought the revolution was about to start. it reminded me of a time when he first started and he ripped into the whole audience for talking about him on forums. I bet George Knapp's got a nut sack like a bag of oranges.

MOD NOTE:  No offence Dan - the fact is I hadn't noticed this but it was just reported to me today.  We are big on free speech around here - but just as with the laws of free speech in the US - as well as social custom-  there are some things that fall into a category of "must not be named" and you happened to name 'em.  Oh well - your point is still clear. 10/25 - evb

A new section called Knapp Time!