• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

ART BELL would never accept the disgusting hatred going on around here.

Started by jedimiller, April 22, 2018, 02:14:12 AM

Value Of Pi

Quote from: jedimiller on April 22, 2018, 02:14:12 AM
I've been reading the posts lately after Art's death. And some of you people are disgusting hating trolls. You hate on Heather, Noory and everyone on the radio. Why even be here at all? Personally, I think this site should be shut down or moderated by someone who actually cares about Radio and these issues. The stuff that has been said about Art and his family is shocking and sick. I want everyone and each of you to apologize and reinvent yourselves. Hating on a person who is doing a radio show is a shame. It's having no decency and it shows just how insecure and how much you hate yourself. I've had my own monsters but I move up and respect people. You haters hiding behind a computer, talking smack about these people working is absolutely, shameful. I had hope for the human race and for the fans..but just reading this board recently, I can see humanity degrading and going back 10, 000 years. I guess you guys never learned anything from art.

If I remember right, Art did finally have his fill of Bellgab (was it 2016?) and made a point of not posting here any more. He seemed to have a bunch of objections, one of them being what's bothering you. So yes, "AB would never accept..." and so on and so forth. Point taken for whatever it's worth.

But you might want to hop on the Internet Wayback Machine and check out Bellgab from a year or two ago. It's been awhile since I've looked at this site (as with others, Art's death made me think of Bellgab) but it seems to me that there have been some positive changes around here. It seems vaguely livable now, if not lovable.

Whether this place is about hating Noory or hating Heather, there are definitely worse things to hate than bad radio.

AZZERAE

Quote from: DarKPenguiN on April 24, 2018, 05:40:38 PM
Nice find , I must have missed this in my online video browsing =P

I think Ed Opperman is probably one of the most underrated radio hosts out there- He has a fantastic show and seems pretty genuine. That was a great 'insider' show. He probably has one of the best radio shows imho although its not paranormal- But paranormal has been overplayed and the internet has killed the suspension of disbelief that came with 90s terrestrial radio.

Art was an entertainer and a showman- And he was the best at that. As a human being, he was seemingly not such a great guy. I've got to say that I really wish I had never bothered with following Art after his C2C retirement and having that layer between the entertainer and the man blurred.

Regardless, a legend is gone and that sucks- I'll keep my own feelings about the inevitable fallout that is probably going to happen (or perhaps is happening behind the scenes) to myself  and just keep it at that. Too much drama around Bell (the man) and his inner circle. I mourn Bell (the entertainer) and thats about all I can really say.

This Ed fellow kept chuckling during and after every single claim he made about Art. I looked into some of the rumours and a few of them don't seem to link up exactly.

I myself don't enjoy the whole "paranormal" genre, and only really ever entertained any of it because those are the subjects Art most times ventured into.

I'm going to check this Ed Opperman guy out though, and see if I enjoy him as much as you do!

Quote from: DarKPenguiN on April 24, 2018, 05:40:38 PM
Nice find , I must have missed this in my online video browsing =P

I think Ed Opperman is probably one of the most underrated radio hosts out there- He has a fantastic show and seems pretty genuine. That was a great 'insider' show. He probably has one of the best radio shows imho although its not paranormal- But paranormal has been overplayed and the internet has killed the suspension of disbelief that came with 90s terrestrial radio.

Art was an entertainer and a showman- And he was the best at that. As a human being, he was seemingly not such a great guy. I've got to say that I really wish I had never bothered with following Art after his C2C retirement and having that layer between the entertainer and the man blurred.

Regardless, a legend is gone and that sucks- I'll keep my own feelings about the inevitable fallout that is probably going to happen (or perhaps is happening behind the scenes) to myself  and just keep it at that. Too much drama around Bell (the man) and his inner circle. I mourn Bell (the entertainer) and thats about all I can really say.

the expectations i had for Art the person were not lived up to. needless to say, my disappointment was immeasurable and my day was ruined.

Quote from: Value Of Pi on April 25, 2018, 04:32:38 AM
If I remember right, Art did finally have his fill of Bellgab (was it 2016?) and made a point of not posting here any more. He seemed to have a bunch of objections, one of them being what's bothering you. So yes, "AB would never accept..." and so on and so forth. Point taken for whatever it's worth.

But you might want to hop on the Internet Wayback Machine and check out Bellgab from a year or two ago. It's been awhile since I've looked at this site (as with others, Art's death made me think of Bellgab) but it seems to me that there have been some positive changes around here. It seems vaguely livable now, if not lovable.

Whether this place is about hating Noory or hating Heather, there are definitely worse things to hate than bad radio.

welcome back, buddy.

paladin1991

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 24, 2018, 01:53:22 PM
Hate is such a raw, primal emotion. Come on gunny. I don’t think he is one of the Taliban goat fuckers or VC tunnel rats.
I'm sorry.  It's the grief talking.

bellNwhistle

DP, I haven’t seen you in ages. How’s it goin’?

AZZERAE

Quote from: anon on April 25, 2018, 10:49:30 AM
the expectations i had for Art the person were not lived up to. needless to say, my disappointment was immeasurable and my day was ruined.

Yeah. He sure does seem like an asshole, in hindsight.

Yorkshire pud

Never meet your heroes... Or in this case, don't imagine the fantasy of what you imagine behind the mic might have some truth in it..Leave it as a fantasy.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: paladin1991 on April 24, 2018, 01:44:27 PM
I love ART BELL.  I love everyone here.  But you.  You I hate.  Fuck Off!

Really? I got twitchy then..  :-*

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on April 25, 2018, 04:45:25 PM

Never meet your heroes... Or in this case, don't imagine the fantasy of what you imagine behind the mic might have some truth in it..Leave it as a fantasy.

Yep. I have a feeling that if I ever met Elvis Costello and had a conversation with him I'd probably want to punch him in the face. Love his music though! :P

Value Of Pi

Quote from: anon on April 25, 2018, 10:51:28 AM
welcome back, buddy.

Well, I'm not sure if I'm back but thank you. We'll see how much deja vu I can stand.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Value Of Pi on April 25, 2018, 05:20:09 PM
Well, I'm not sure if I'm back but thank you. We'll see how much deja vu I can stand.

Probably until someone talks about peeing in the shower.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 25, 2018, 05:21:41 PM
Probably until someone talks about peeing in the shower.

Greetings, Gravity. Somehow I think of that as the good old days. I hope you and my other friendly acquaintances have been hard at work making Bellgab great again. Along with the newer members.

DarKPenguiN

Quote from: bellNwhistle on April 25, 2018, 12:38:06 PM
DP, I haven’t seen you in ages. How’s it goin’?

Going good man- I retired the DarKPenguiN ages ago, and havnt really posted here because (until recently) nothing had changed. Noory still sucked but seemed like a good guy IRL , Art was still 'retired' and I never really hated Heather Wade or listened to her and most of the guests that are consistently recycled have been so thoroughly debunked that they really arent worth discussing either, sadly.

Came back when I heard the rumor (at the time) that Art has passed- That man fucking hated me but I still respected him as the entertainer that he was... I never had ill will towards Art and just trolled him because he would lose it and took shit way too seriously. I never had any malice towards the guy and still am in awe of his talent. His death was a pretty huge loss. There will never be another.

So I'm here for a moment to see how this all plays out-

How you been?

@Azzerae- Ed Opperman has that little chuckle in  alot of his interviews, I personally find it charming and think he really enjoys what he does and it shows. If you can, find some of his Dave Mcgowan stuff or where he gets into serial killers and the process church. I like Opperman, think hes a legit guy- You should give him a listen.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: DarKPenguiN on April 25, 2018, 07:09:19 PM

Came back when I heard the rumor (at the time) that Art has passed- That man fucking hated me but I still respected him as the entertainer that he was... I never had ill will towards Art and just trolled him because he would lose it and took shit way too seriously. I never had any malice towards the guy and still am in awe of his talent. His death was a pretty huge loss. There will never be another.

So I'm here for a moment to see how this all plays out-

How you been?

Like you, I came back when I heard the news. The last time I posted in here before that was Feb 2016. I was never overly thrilled with Heather, and held out for as long as I could, waiting for Art to  guest host. I’m told he did once, but I don’t recall hearing it. Cancelled my subscription ages ago.

I never wished Art any ill will, nor do I hate Heather. Just hugely disappointed by everything that’s gone down since before MITD ever got started. His death wasn’t a shock, I guess. But it’s sad. I hate to see how it’s playing out. I feel for his family.

DanTSX

I kinda like finding out that famous people are highly flawed.

It makes it seem like great success for myself is closer at hand than I often think....

Art is exactly what I want him to be.

AZZERAE

Quote from: DarKPenguiN on April 25, 2018, 07:09:19 PM
Azzerae- Ed Opperman has that little chuckle in  alot of his interviews, I personally find it charming and think he really enjoys what he does and it shows. If you can, find some of his Dave Mcgowan stuff or where he gets into serial killers and the process church. I like Opperman, think hes a legit guy- You should give him a listen.

Ah, I didn't know that! Thanks. Will do. :)

Dr Who

If this site is being shut down then I wanted to say fuck off,fuck off ,fuck off,fuck off.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Dr Who on April 26, 2018, 10:06:53 AM
If this site is being shut down then I wanted to say fuck off,fuck off ,fuck off,fuck off.

Back at ya, faggot!

Bluejay

Quote from: jedimiller on April 22, 2018, 02:14:12 AM
I've been reading the posts lately after Art's death. And some of you people are disgusting hating trolls. You hate on Heather, Noory and everyone on the radio. Why even be here at all? Personally, I think this site should be shut down or moderated by someone who actually cares about Radio and these issues. The stuff that has been said about Art and his family is shocking and sick. I want everyone and each of you to apologize and reinvent yourselves. Hating on a person who is doing a radio show is a shame. It's having no decency and it shows just how insecure and how much you hate yourself. I've had my own monsters but I move up and respect people. You haters hiding behind a computer, talking smack about these people working is absolutely, shameful. I had hope for the human race and for the fans..but just reading this board recently, I can see humanity degrading and going back 10, 000 years. I guess you guys never learned anything from art.