• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Frys Girl

Quote from: Paper*Boy on January 18, 2012, 02:32:12 PM
Here's his Nightline interview.  A lot of dreck to sift through, but it shows his supposed studio.  I especially like the John Lennon poster.  I wonder if George knows who that is.

The part about "radio for shift workers, night workers" ..... yea people with hard shifts get bad radio. hardly fair

McPhallus

The two people on the left are clearly aligned, while George on the right is at a formal distance.  Looks a lot like a employer-employee relationship to me.

Quote from: El Kragen on January 18, 2012, 02:03:29 PM
I thought that picture was very telling. When they need to do promo shots they let Georgie sit in the big chair. Any other time he's back facing the wall in the old break/storage room.

and while we're at it. I came across this pic. Maybe I'm seeing something that's not there but the body language...Poor George always on the outside looking in. I can so see her whispering "save me from the creepy guy"

Kraig Kitchen, former president of Premiere Radio Networks, with Premiere's Julie Talbott and Coast to Coast AM host George Noory at the Radio Hall of Fame in Chicago.

coaster

Quote from: El Kragen on January 18, 2012, 08:05:30 AM
George Noory's Coast to Coast AM....where every show is better than the next!

Depressing. When I saw this picture, the first thought that came to mind was the Milton character in Office Space, and how they moved his office into the basement.

Ben Shockley

Quote from: Sardondi on January 18, 2012, 02:07:26 PM
I found a question from George to Michael Cremo, the "forbidden archaeology" guy...                 

"Are they called 'sand scripts' because they're written on tablets of sand?"

Stupendous. Inimitable. Homeric.
I didn't hear the show in which he gurgled that out, so I don't know what Cremo's custom was then.  But the last time I heard Cremo on with Noory, I was listening for any such stupidity, and I noticed something.
Cremo now carefully uses the full term "the ancient Sanskrit writings of India."  Not just "Sanskrit texts," not just "ancient Indian texts," but consistently the full 1) ancient 2) Sanskrit 3) writings 4) of India.  He probably does that now as an overabundance of caution; as verbal insurance against Georgie misunderstanding.

But I'm sure that Boy Blunder still hears "sand scripts," because of the way he tries to use the term "Sanskrit."  Last July, I believe it was the last time Cremo was on with Noory --and I made a note of this.   Georgie tried using "Sanskrit" in a weird plural noun form.   Ex: "Michael, do the sanskritS mention anything about...?"  I.e., Noory thinks there is such a thing as "a single 'sanskrit'," thus he thinks the term is a common noun.
But hey folks~ Georgie thinks you send and receive "texas" on your mobile phone, so surely he would hear "-skrit" as "script(s)."

Anyway, I thought he'd been reading this stuff all his life???  Like perhaps some of you, I actually did know the term "Sanskrit" at age 8, because I actually was reading esoterica books at that age-- and since Noory is a lot older than me, he might have been just about able to start reading those books about that same time.   Might have.
...Well, I mean, he has said he could read by age 18, right?  He has said that Chariots Of The Gods? was the first book he ever read (or maybe just "one of the first"), and it appeared in English in 1968.  That book contains the word "Sanskrit."  I wonder how he processed/es words that he absolutely didn't / doesn't understand...?   Honestly, that's got to suck to be illiterate in a high-profile media position.

For years, people have been dropping the term "Kali Yuga" on "Coast," in speculation about the Big Unknown Change that's supposedly heading our way.  Then some months ago, Georgie had an author on with a book whose actual title contains the word "Yugas."  Georgie had no clue; hesitated and pronounced it "yoo-goss" and seemed to think it was a singular noun as he asked "whut the hyeck is theyut?"
There are other examples like that.

Illiterate AND doesn't listen.  Hey, for all we know, he was fired 2 years ago, and is just oblivious of it.

Ben Shockley

Quote from: Paper*Boy on January 18, 2012, 02:32:12 PM
... I especially like the John Lennon poster.  I wonder if George knows who that is.
Only vaguely, that it's some druggie low-life singer or sumthin his mwom and deyud didn't allow him to listen to.  That's good enough for Georgie.   More kids owwata listen to Pat Boone, fer crying out loud.

Georgie thinks "Red Rubber Ball" is a '60s song of great social relevance...

Morgus

Quote from: Ben Shockley on January 18, 2012, 05:16:08 PMGeorgie had an author on with a book whose actual title contains the word "Yugas."  Georgie had no clue;
Noory thinks that referred to a some kind of imported car...

Quote from: Sardondi on January 18, 2012, 02:07:26 PM
Just for fun I went back to read the list of Nooryisms. I found a question from George to Michael Cremo, the "forbidden archaeology" guy, who had been discussing ancient documents written in Sanskrit. It is so gloriously inept, so cheerfully lost and unabashedly clueless, that it has its own magnificence of fail:                 

"Are they called 'sand scripts' because they're written on tablets of sand?"

George's hubris tells him if he doesn't know, his audience certainly doesn't. He shines his noor on ingnorance for us all.

When this dim bulb burn out already?

The other night George said they're clearing out current stock in the C2C store. He wants to offer new products that will be helpful for listeners "in these times"...or something like that.

Good-bye Fun Gear.

Hello Fear Gear.

Thanks, JBW!

Yeah, I know the store is lame and no one uses it, but that's what I like about it.

Quote from: El Kragen on January 18, 2012, 08:05:30 AM
George Noory's Coast to Coast AM....where every show is better than the next!

My high school A/V club's broadcast control room looks more aesthetically pleasing than that.

I'm not kidding.

Sardondi

Quote from: Ben Shockley on January 18, 2012, 05:16:08 PM...He has said that Chariots Of The Gods? was the first book he ever read (or maybe just "one of the first"), and it appeared in English in 1968.  That book contains the word "Sanskrit."  I wonder how he processed/es words that he absolutely didn't / doesn't understand...? 

Illiterate AND doesn't listen.

I don't see how it's possible to have actually read Chariots Of The Gods and not have at least been introduced to the concept of Sanskrit: IIRC the book goes into detail about the importance of the Vedas, Indian texts from around 1500-1000 BCE written in that ancient language.

But then that sort of basic information might have been "boring stuff" which George apparently doesn't literally read...and which seems to make up about 98% of the text he "reads".

I too am surprised George doesn't have a better grounding in a lot of very basic stuff, and not just related to CTC subjects. But people can overcome gaps or deficiencies in their knowledge - you just have to want to do it. And people do it every day.

Except Simple George. He's completely incurious about almost everything except the very narrow range of (some) CTC subjects, his ratings and the mass of supplements he takes to try to escape dying.

All in all he doesn't know much; he doesn't care that he doesn't know; and he doesn't care to fix it. That's the real shame.   

Morgus

When Noory said he "read" a book like Chariots of the Gods, he probably meant he thumbed thru it and looked at the pictures.  :P

Quote from: Sardondi on January 19, 2012, 12:40:31 AM
I don't see how it's possible to have actually read Chariots Of The Gods and not have at least been introduced to the concept of Sanskrit...

George claimed to have read it as a 'boy', to have 'devoured it'.  It came out in 1968 when he was 18.  Not sure when it was translated into English, went to paperback, when word of it reached the Noory household... 

I tend not to believe anything George says, so I seriously doubt George ever read the book, or any book.  If he has, he hides it well and retains nothing.

Quote from: Sardondi on January 19, 2012, 12:40:31 AM
... I too am surprised George doesn't have a better grounding in a lot of very basic stuff, and not just related to CTC subjects. But people can overcome gaps or deficiencies in their knowledge - you just have to want to do it. And people do it every day.

Except Simple George. He's completely incurious about almost everything except the very narrow range of (some) CTC subjects, his ratings and the mass of supplements he takes to try to escape dying.

All in all he doesn't know much; he doesn't care that he doesn't know; and he doesn't care to fix it. That's the real shame.   

Yet he poses as some great investigator, a researcher in all things 'strange', someone with a grip on the details and formulator of theories. 

He claims to have been born to do this job, (never mind he just happened along at the right time to take it over from the person that started it, popularized it, syndicated it, and got it on 500 radio stations). 

Dumb, boring, lazy.  George Noory is a disgrace to everyone from listeners to this show to all the hard working people in the entertainment industry.

Morgus

Noory just told the guest on the air about the "haters" out there on the internet and says they have no life.
Was he referring to us here?  8)

srnightowl

What's the thing with Linda Mouldy How? playing co-host tonight?

This is really hurting my brain...

Morgus

Yep Linda Howe is Noory's special co-host tonight with other guests as well each half hour apparently.
Noory also mentioned Linda will be back next week as well for the regular once a month full show with her own reports.

Quote from: Paper*Boy on January 19, 2012, 01:44:44 AMI tend not to believe anything George says, so I seriously doubt George ever read the book, or any book.

I am pretty sure he read a book called The Magic of Believing. This is partly because he once went on and on about how useful so this book was to him, but more importantly because he went on and on about how it was very short and so easy to read.

Upon reading some of the reviews at amazon, it does sound just like something Noory would like.  Here is a quote from a review:

“This book does imply (among other silly things) that the only reason humans can't grow back a lost limb is because they've made up their minds that they can't. Never mind that in all of recorded history there is no record of a human growing back a lost limb. I wouldn't belabor this point if so many people weren't overlooking the absurdity of this book.

"This book is full of silly statements. At the beginning of the book the author claims that, while on board a cruise, he made up his mind that the captain would invite him to the captain's table. Sure enough, even though he never met the captain, the captain suddenly walked up to him and invited him to sit at the captain's table. That's funny, because many times I have strongly believed that someone would act a certain way, only to be surprised to see them act very differently than I expected. But I guess this author's beliefs are just more powerful than mine because his beliefs can control other people's behavior. Either that, or he just wants to sell his book.”

Sardondi

Quote from: Morgus on January 19, 2012, 01:51:36 AM
Noory just told the guest on the air about the "haters" out there on the internet and says they have no life.
Was he referring to us here?  8)

Yep. Life would be perfect for George if it weren't for us....and  those nosy kids and the dog in that psychedelic van

valdez

George asked Allen Palmer, director of the Atomic Testing Museum (sounds like fun), if "technology has advance since 1945?"  And then a slew of folks came on to discuss their disapproval with the recently passed National Defence Authorization Act.  With Linda Moulton Howe (co-host), Jonathan Emord, David Seaman, Tyrel (Jesse's kid) Ventura, wildman Gerald Celente, and by the time they got to Alex Jones scenarios of mass genocide were being tossed around. "They're trying to trick us, aren't they?" George wondered.  Yeah. Sit down, George.  Some people are trying to think.  If John McCain is for this bill there has to be another side to the story.  I'm getting weary of George's one sided "they're going to kill us all" shows.

Susan Foreman

Thanks for the welcome, guys!
Sardondi, 13 surgeries is pretty heroic!  (This BTW is another reason I have come to despise George, all his health crap.  I do take supplements-because my (still licensed) MD told me to- based on actual scientific studies of amelioration of symptoms- not some peer sanctioned tax fraud peddling non-existent cures and encouraging paranoiacs to undermine vaccine disease eradication efforts which have saved hundreds of millions of people...   Sorry.  Deep breath.  I just don't know why he gets away with it.   Those stupid infomercials on radio or a fringe guest on a show, they have that little recording "So-and-so Radio does not endorse anything presented here, speak to your doctor or nurse to see if this is right for you..." Since George never says that, is he not ripe for a lawsuit or complaint to a regulatory agency? 
You're and Lovely Bones are so right about Percs.  I've been on them now for about, oh 16 years, so they've lost the warm and fuzzy happy place effect, but you're on to something, when you're at the early, chasing the dragon stage, Nooron makes perfect sense.  I'm thinking of a 19th century opium den with people lying all over the floor unable to get up, as smoke from the hookahs drifts upwards to form a giant moustache near the ceiling and shadow rats flit around the corners of large crates marked "E-Foods Direct".
Tara, that was a sad bullseye.  His audience got to where they are with not thinking, and he encourages them in their ignorance.  As Sardondi said, people can overcome gaps if they want to.  George is the anti-Carnegie.  His coming was foretold by the Merlin Project.
Thank you stevesh, Lovely Bones and JohnnyB, since we seem to have all this in common we must know sumethin', which led us here, to meet up.  Mebbie we're angels, demons, or reptilians; a conspiracy of elitist haters who have nothing better to do...

Susan Foreman

Quote from: valdez on January 19, 2012, 05:15:22 AM
     George asked Allen Palmer, director of the Atomic Testing Museum (sounds like fun), if "technology has advance since 1945?"  And then a slew of folks came on to discuss their disapproval with the recently passed National Defence Authorization Act.  With Linda Moulton Howe (co-host), Jonathan Emord, David Seaman, Tyrel (Jesse's kid) Ventura, wildman Gerald Celente, and by the time they got to Alex Jones scenarios of mass genocide were being tossed around. "They're trying to trick us, aren't they?" George wondered.  Yeah. Sit down, George.  Some people are trying to think.  If John McCain is for this bill there has to be another side to the story.  I'm getting weary of George's one sided "they're going to kill us all" shows.
Other than the Palmer fellow at the beginning, by the close of the show they'd irritated me so much I was wondering how I get in touch with the brand new super secret (imaginary) USMC totenkopf division to add a few names to the first list of those who get rounded up.  I notice that crazy old Alex never tries to suggest any of these perverted security screeners want to grab his junk, he knows that even for his followers that claim would be far too unbelievable.
Edited for typo.  I left all my crappy grammar intact!

Marc.Knight

Guaranteed to Suck, or your money back.

BobGrau

Quote from: DangerousBlossom on January 19, 2012, 03:10:40 AM
I am pretty sure he read a book called The Magic of Believing. This is partly because he once went on and on about how useful so this book was to him, but more importantly because he went on and on about how it was very short and so easy to read.

Upon reading some of the reviews at amazon, it does sound just like something Noory would like.  Here is a quote from a review:

“This book does imply (among other silly things) that the only reason humans can't grow back a lost limb is because they've made up their minds that they can't. Never mind that in all of recorded history there is no record of a human growing back a lost limb. I wouldn't belabor this point if so many people weren't overlooking the absurdity of this book.

"This book is full of silly statements. At the beginning of the book the author claims that, while on board a cruise, he made up his mind that the captain would invite him to the captain's table. Sure enough, even though he never met the captain, the captain suddenly walked up to him and invited him to sit at the captain's table. That's funny, because many times I have strongly believed that someone would act a certain way, only to be surprised to see them act very differently than I expected. But I guess this author's beliefs are just more powerful than mine because his beliefs can control other people's behavior. Either that, or he just wants to sell his book.”

(deep breath)
I have had a certain amount of success with 'intention'(for lack of a better word).

I'm a more or less rational being so I'm quite aware of how absurd it sounds, and I would be extremely wary of anyone hawking a book about it. Also I can't imagine re-growing a limb to be practical, even with some sort of advanced startrek-type stemcell replication technology.

BUT... One can decide what one wants to happen, then look around for opportunitys. Once you can define your specific goal as 'B' it then becomes a much simpler matter of 'how do I get from A to B?' (it helps if you're starting from A)

This is a subject I've been studying for most of my life. I'm not going to waffle on about the details here, I might go start a new thread about it, but I'll leave you all with this challenge -

'decide' or intend, pray, cast a spell, whatever works for you, that something will happen that will convince you that there's something to this nonsense. If 'belief' is necessary for wishes to come true, then wish for some belief.

I just felt I had to speak up for irrationality as it deserves better than to be monopolised by the Noorys of this world.

JohnnieB

Quote from: Susan Foreman on January 19, 2012, 06:38:32 AM
Thanks for the welcome, guys! Thank you stevesh, Lovely Bones and JohnnyB, since we seem to have all this in common we must know sumethin', which led us here, to meet up.  Mebbie we're angels, demons, or reptilians; a conspiracy of elitist haters who have nothing better to do...

Ah, Susan, you brought to the forefront of my mind something I had forgotten...the compelling old Dean Koontz book, entitled 'Strangers'...

A group of people are brought together by their different and equally strange maladies. They are unaccountably seized by nightmares, attacks of fear, and bouts of uncharacteristic behavior. The strangers begin to seek each other out as puzzling photographs and messages arrive, indicating that the cause may lie in a forgotten weekend stay at an isolated Nevada motel. These people gather to meet in the middle of the Nevada 'high-desert' to try to figure out what was done to them, and who could have done it, while at same time being watched by the people who have done this. Altogether they realize that a UFO landed near the Tranquility Motel.

I hereby proclaim this site The Tranquility Motel   ;)

VtaGeezer

Is it just me, or has GN corrected course slightly, going back to more traditional C2C content since the New Year.  There seems to be a bit less emphasis on alternative health (mostly quackery)  and smarmy New Age spiritualism?   I've actually been able to stick with a few of George's full segments in the past couple weeks for the first time in a long time. I welcome it. Maybe he's been reading CoastGab...or maybe he hears "Glenn Beck Lite" Wells' footsteps getting closer.

I heard the "haters" comment last night.  Too bad he doesn't seem to realize that participants on forums like GaostGab want the program to succeed;  him too if he'd only be faithful to the C2C roots and legacy.

JohnnieB

Quote from: VtaGeezer on January 19, 2012, 01:05:36 PM
Is it just me, or has GN corrected course slightly

Me thinks he is still in the neutral zone, just outside Romulan territory.

Quote from: VtaGeezer on January 19, 2012, 01:05:36 PMI heard the "haters" comment last night.  Too bad he doesn't seem to realize that participants on forums like GaostGab want the program to succeed;  him too if he'd only be faithful to the C2C roots and legacy.

It's beyond pathetic how constructive emails and comments re improving the show are met with such utter ignorance and disdain. I put the blame not just squarely on George's shoulders (for I truly believe the man cannot read and assimilate information in even the most basic rational sense) but as well on those of his equally inept/brain dead producers, Tom and Lisa, two of the most irresponsible enablers of their main host - the Black Hole of the airwaves - working in talk radio.

b_dubb

i recently sent an email to the AMA pointing out how George and his quack guests have been advocating voodoo instead of medicine.  it will be interesting to see what comes of that.  i think coast is to blame for enabling these quacks.  george has been their cheerleader and to further blur the line between "entertainment" and real news by saying "coast is all about getting the truth".  i hope the AMA hires a team of overweight lawyers to jump up and down on George and PremRad

JohnnieB

Quote from: b_dubb on January 19, 2012, 01:42:42 PM
i recently sent an email to the AMA pointing out how George and his quack guests have been advocating voodoo instead of medicine.  it will be interesting to see what comes of that.  i think coast is to blame for enabling these quacks.  george has been their cheerleader and to further blur the line between "entertainment" and real news by saying "coast is all about getting the truth".  i hope the AMA hires a team of overweight lawyers to jump up and down on George and PremRad

I certainly hope you cc'd George, Tom, and Lisa on that email - they deserve some figurative slaps.

Vatar

Quote from: Frys Girl on January 14, 2012, 11:00:27 AM
I have detoxed from Coast to Coast for about 2-3 months now. The most I've listened is 2-3 minutes and it has been so disappointing. The guests aren't worth it to me anymore. Even when they're good guests, George Noory ruins the potential for a good guest to transmit good or interesting information.

Yeah coast to coast is like Heroin too much of it and you'll be throwing up all morning.

Wild Card Guy

Quote from: Wild Card Guy on January 19, 2012, 06:44:28 PM
Jasmine posted on Jan 17:

"Coast to Coast with George Noory equates a Prefrontal Radio Lobotomy: Surgical interruption of nerve tracts to and from the frontal lobe of the brain; often results in marked cognitive and personality changes of the listener.

Or,

Transorbital Lobotomy: A method of performing a prefrontal lobotomy in which the Coast to Coast radio signal is inserted above the eyeball and moved to cut brain fibers."

Good one.

Quote from: Morgus on January 19, 2012, 01:51:36 AM
Noory just told the guest on the air about the "haters" out there on the internet and says they have no life. Was he referring to us here?  8)

It's quite obvious that sites like this really get under George's skin, otherwise he wouldn't even bring it up during the course of his show. He doth protest.