• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Gassy Man

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 14, 2015, 01:21:51 AM

...because? The people who say she's wrong come from a stronger authoritative base than those who say she's doing okay? Is that your premise?
No, because she is not very good, and the people telling her she is are misleading her.

There is no empirical way to prove this, any more than the people who support her can prove empirically they are correct, so don't go there.   The proof, pud, will be in how things turn out.  Let's wait and see. 

Gassy Man

Quote from: BellBoy on December 14, 2015, 01:27:25 AM
;)
Exactly.  Look in the  mirror, and you will find exactly what you criticize . . . and worse.  ;D

The amount of epic hate BellGab is getting across the web on the various Art Bell forums is amazing. I think MV is going to be able to buy the Premium Pampers for a few weeks after tomorrow's show.

pate

I blame that commie Micheal Stype)sp?( led zinger of that REM/gato band...

Gassy Man

Quote from: VoteQuimby on December 14, 2015, 01:41:56 AM
The amount of epic hate BellGab is getting across the web on the various Art Bell forums is amazing. I think MV is going to be able to buy the Premium Pampers for a few weeks after tomorrow's show.
On some of the social media pages, the opinions about this site aren't very good.

Gumby, Dammit

Quote from: pate on December 14, 2015, 01:43:05 AM
I blame that commie Micheal Stype)sp?( led zinger of that REM/gato band...

Oh for fux sake. I blame that rat bastard for everything wrong with America.

Gumby, Dammit

Quote from: Gassy Man on December 14, 2015, 01:43:32 AM
On some of the social media pages, the opinions about this site aren't very good.

It's still good advertising  ;D

Yeah MidnightFans have already completely renounced her and 4Chan looks to fueling and arming their planes. All of this negativity is going to be focused on BellGab. Tomorrow is going to be nasty.

Quote from: VoteQuimby on December 14, 2015, 01:41:56 AM

I thought everything was fine? Oh, yeah... I forgot this forum doesn't represent the majority opinion. My mistake. < Oops, just bored on treason. *reported*

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Gassy Man on December 14, 2015, 01:40:29 AM
No, because she is not very good, and the people telling her she is are misleading her.

You're appealing to authority here, or it's just your opinion? You always have an off switch.

There is no empirical way to prove this, any more than the people who support her can prove empirically they are correct, so don't go there.   The proof, pud, will be in how things turn out.  Let's wait and see.

Indeed, but there are instances in entertainment history where niche and not widely known individuals/ shows are received into the mainstream and it's seen as brilliance. The same goes in reverse too. Kings new clothes syndrome.

If Heather makes 'a show' her own and builds her audience then power to her. The entertainment industry is shallow, fickle, and full of 'could haves'. Once in a while a beacon shines out; I'd suggest Steve Warner is one of those lights; Heather could well be another.

Auslandia

Quote from: VoteQuimby on December 14, 2015, 01:47:14 AM
Yeah MidnightFans have already completely renounced her and 4Chan looks to fueling and arming their planes. All of this negativity is going to be focused on BellGab. Tomorrow is going to be nasty.

BREAKING NEWS: Online forums aren't really that important 

Yorkshire pud

Yeah, well that's how it rolls on this hood. We're just fucking renegades.

pate

I recently received my RCH subscription refund, I understand there were Steel, Brass and Plastic "rufends(sp)" available... anyhow in honor of myne{kraft}:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0dxhSPoBjY

Tha didna make sense?

I dunno...

BellBoy

Quote from: Gassy Man on December 14, 2015, 01:41:20 AM
Exactly.  Look in the  mirror, and you will find exactly what you criticize . . . and worse.  ;D

nice try  ;)

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Auslandia on December 14, 2015, 01:50:58 AM

BREAKING NEWS: Online forums aren't really that important

And mostly populated by zit squeezers with an IQ in double figures.  :o

BellBoy

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 14, 2015, 01:51:40 AM

You got that right.

Ciardelo

Pretty much that's every day. And I don't even go to the Falkie thread (much).

Gassy Man

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 14, 2015, 01:55:44 AM

And mostly populated by zit squeezers with an IQ in double figures.  :o
Obviously.  ;D

Ciardelo

Praise MV

Looking forward to the new shows! Break a leg...well...don't do that. Somebody will put it in dip and eat it.

Good Luck!  :D

Gassy Man

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 14, 2015, 01:51:40 AM
Not from the comments I've read.  The opinion seems to be considerably less than that.

Quote from: Gassy Man on December 14, 2015, 02:03:45 AM
Not from the comments I've read.  The opinion seems to be considerably less than that.

If you don't toe the fucking line; a code red isn't far behind.

BellBoy

Well, to be fair, it's a well known fact that Art Bell has always been, little more than a mouthpiece for the will and whim of his, oh so fickle, BellGab overlords.

Gumby, Dammit

Heather, you're gonna be great. Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead.
Many blessings and kick some ass.

BellBoy

Quote from: Gassy Man on December 14, 2015, 02:01:37 AM
I know.  Truth hurts.    ;D

That's OK Gassy Man... keep taking the lazily laid bait and continue proving what a pedantic asshat that you're not.

Quote from: BellBoy on December 14, 2015, 02:06:05 AM
Well, to be fair, it's a well known fact that Art Bell has always been, little more than a mouthpiece for the will and whim of his, oh so fickle, BellGab overlords.

If that was the case, Art wouldn't have quit... All hail Elcott! I not do drugs no more.

Gassy Man

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 14, 2015, 01:50:23 AM
You're appealing to authority here, or it's just your opinion? You always have an off switch.

Indeed, but there are instances in entertainment history where niche and not widely known individuals/ shows are received into the mainstream and it's seen as brilliance. The same goes in reverse too. Kings new clothes syndrome.

If Heather makes 'a show' her own and builds her audience then power to her. The entertainment industry is shallow, fickle, and full of 'could haves'. Once in a while a beacon shines out; I'd suggest Steve Warner is one of those lights; Heather could well be another.
Not at all.  Seriously, did you not learn about such things in school?  An appeal to authority is when someone says an idea is correct based merely on the authority of the person making the claim -- that because the President says it's a good idea, it must be so, for instance.  It's the same fallacy as the personal attack that's so popular around here, except instead of refuting the idea because of who said it, it's about accepting the idea simply because of who said it. 

An appeal to authority would be like saying Heather's great simply because Art Bell thinks so, regardless of her actual ability. 

People's individual opinions about whether or not she is good, and their supporting points within the limit of assessment -- the quality of her voice, her ability to converse, the depth of her questions and responses, and so forth -- are simply their assessment.  They don't rely on Art's or anyone else's opinion to make the claim.