• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

theONE

Quote from: Donald Noory on October 27, 2016, 08:18:46 PM

hi RABID BITCH aka Donald Noory

[attachment deleted by admin]

Quote from: PaulAtreides on October 27, 2016, 01:28:04 PM
I believe she COULD be better if 1) cut out that first half hour which is really nothing more than a way to eat up time and deal with her political issues; 2) find a decent producer; and, 3) stop acting.

These are all valid points; providing the host had the necessary potential, skill, sophistication, was well read, actually had some talent in said field. Sadly for Heather, this isn't the case for her. I don't want to sound mean here, but its abundantly obvious she isn't cut out to host a radio show.

I wonder if Art is still coaching her? For that matter, doesn't Keith even throw in his two cents here? Some of the things she says/said, does: her dad is a Chinese mobster, her stepdad is a giant (Mary Sutherland show), all the guests are her friends (even guests who haven't been on the show are her friends), she seems to have had an experience in the topic that the guest is going to talk about, her mind numbing cackling/laughing at the most minute of things, etc.

These are pretty glaring things for Art or Keith to not notice; we seem to, I'm sure a lot of other people do too.  :(

theONE

Quote from: god of thunder on October 27, 2016, 08:26:45 PM
These are all valid points; providing the host had the necessary potential, skill, sophistication, was well read, actually had some talent in said field. Sadly for Heather, this isn't the case for her. I don't want to sound mean here, but its abundantly obvious she isn't cut out to host a radio show.

I wonder if Art is still coaching her? For that matter, doesn't Keith even throw in his two cents here? Some of the things she says/said, does: her dad is a Chinese mobster, her stepdad is a giant (Mary Sutherland show), all the guests are her friends (even guests who haven't been on the show are her friends), she seems to have had an experience in the topic that the guest is going to talk about, her mind numbing cackling/laughing at the most minute of things, etc.

These are pretty glaring things for Art or Keith to not notice; we seem to, I'm sure a lot of other people do too.  :(

You of little faith and imagination ;),...maybe they got to know each other when Heather Wade (Redacted) was working as a sex-phone Madam
and they developed wet and hard friendship that brought both squirting and ejaculation...remember that Heather has a very vild past
Art would never promote some shay boring home maker to spice up the airwaves, would he ??

Art went for the multi talented uneducated wise beyond her years total failure witch who is de' stinking spot on his reputation and legacy...

trostol

how did all of this come up...again

Quote from: trostol on October 27, 2016, 09:43:14 PM
how did all of this come up...again

Just like herpes. You think it's gone, and then it just flares up again!  ;D

theONE

Quote from: god of thunder on October 27, 2016, 10:35:28 PM
Just like herpes. You think it's gone, and then it just flares up again!  ;D

what ??- Heather give Art herpes ..when ??

trostol

Quote from: bateman on October 27, 2016, 10:48:13 PM
Worlds are colliding.

another sign of the coming Apocalypse

albrecht

Quote from: trostol on October 27, 2016, 10:49:26 PM
Quickening I think it was called? Gore ran with it and made millions, I do my share for Art and Whitley and watch the movie when on.

theONE

Quote from: trostol on October 27, 2016, 10:49:26 PM

will Heather be the:
The Whore of Babylon or Babylon the Great is a female figure and also place of evil mentioned in the Book of Revelation in the Bible.
Her full title is given as "Babylon the Great, the Mother of Prostitutes and Abominations of the Earth."

Donald Noory

Quote from: bateman on October 27, 2016, 10:28:00 PM
Look who got a Trump RT

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/791768269615169538

Yeah and non-Obamacare plans in that state are going up too. One is going up 160%.

"However, the off-marketplace plans are seeking significant rate increases, too, ranging from Cigna's 33 percent increase to Phoenix Health Plans' 160 percent hike, Department of Insurance records show."

http://www.azcentral.com/story/money/business/health/2016/10/19/obamacare-arizona-two-remaining-health-insurers-hike-rates-by-half-and-three-fourth/92374528/

Something screwy is going on in Arizona. Probably nutso Republican anti-ACA governor and other pols attempting to tank Obamacare in their state. Nutso Jan Brewer was trying to refuse it when she was governor, then refused to build their own state exchange like California has.

What fat Keith fails to mention is that Obamacare subsidies go up as rates go up, so people aren't actually going to have to pay the 116% increase. Keith is as fact free as Heather Wade.

Quote from: mv on October 26, 2016, 09:51:27 AM
why do you say "once again"?  i'm pretty sure he's always liked rush.

Well, didn't he give away that alien statue that Rush gave him?  I thought since Rush is so closely tied with Premiere, he might have directed his anger a bit at Rush.  I would be happy to be corrected on this issue.

paladin1991

Quote from: Donald Noory on October 27, 2016, 11:38:41 PM
Yeah and non-Obamacare plans in that state are going up too. One is going up 160%.

"However, the off-marketplace plans are seeking significant rate increases, too, ranging from Cigna's 33 percent increase to Phoenix Health Plans' 160 percent hike, Department of Insurance records show."

http://www.azcentral.com/story/money/business/health/2016/10/19/obamacare-arizona-two-remaining-health-insurers-hike-rates-by-half-and-three-fourth/92374528/

Something screwy is going on in Arizona. Probably nutso Republican anti-ACA governor and other pols attempting to tank Obamacare in their state. Nutso Jan Brewer was trying to refuse it when she was governor, then refused to build their own state exchange like California has.

What fat Keith fails to mention is that Obamacare subsidies go up as rates go up, so people aren't actually going to have to pay the 116% increase. Keith is as fact free as Heather Wade.

Question:  Say that the increase translates to 116 dollars.  Are you saying that the lucky ACA folks will see an extra 116 dollars in their monthly subsidy?  IIRC, ACA folks have to pony ALL that money up front and take the subsidy as a tax break, you know, after they have lost their homes. 

GravitySucks

Quote from: paladin1991 on October 27, 2016, 11:49:30 PM

Question:  Say that the increase translates to 116 dollars.  Are you saying that the lucky ACA folks will see an extra 116 dollars in their monthly subsidy?  IIRC, ACA folks have to pony ALL that money up front and take the subsidy as a tax break, you know, after they have lost their homes.

The amount of the tax break is tied to your income. If you make too much you don't qualify.

When you apply, the subsidy can be deducted (if I remember correctly) by estimating your income. If you change jobs or work OT and make more than you estimated, then you have to pay it back when you file your taxes.

Donald Noory

Quote from: paladin1991 on October 27, 2016, 11:49:30 PM

Yes, it's built into the ACA that subsidies go up as premiums go up. Don't know if it's exactly dollar for dollar, but they won't be paying anywhere near 116 percent increase if they qualify for subsidies. I don't know about the states like Arizona and most of the redneck states where the governors refused to build their own state exchanges, but I'm in California, and have a relative here that doesn't have to "pony" the money up front. The subsidy is paid for in advance, so their monthly bill is not the full amount, but includes the subsidy. Of course this is based on current tax records so if they happen to make more in the next tax year they may have to pay back a portion of the subsidy.

paladin1991

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 27, 2016, 11:54:18 PM
The amount of the tax break is tied to your income. If you make too much you don't qualify.

When you apply, the subsidy can be deducted (if I remember correctly) by estimating your income. If you change jobs or work OT and make more than you estimated, then you have to pay it back when you file your taxes.

Great.  Another fucking equation that I have to figure before I send too much of my earnings in to the Infernal Revenue Service.  Thank God I still have company insurance.

Also, if what I'm hearing is correct, the deductables are also going up. Even with subsidies, between the premiums and the deductables, it's either a worthless insurance policy or essentials. What is now the average American worker cannot now afford both. The way I see it, one 'might' die without health insurance but probably will fast track themselves towards death without things like food, shelter, utilities and basic sundries. Really, it's one or the other for those whom subsidies are supposed to help. That's why most have no choice but to settle for the outrageous penalty instead. Those making more, aren't doing much better unless they make a very good salary.

Donald Noory

Quote from: Astrid Galactic on October 27, 2016, 11:58:52 PM
Also, if what I'm hearing is correct, the deductables are also going up. Even with subsidies, between the premiums and the deductables, it's either a worthless insurance policy or essentials. What is now the average American worker cannot now afford both. The way I see it, one 'might' die without health insurance but probably will fast track themselves towards death without things like food, shelter, untilities and basic sundries. Really, it's one or the other for those whom subsidies are supposed to help. Those making more, aren't doing much better unless they make a very good salary.

That's baloney. The ACA is helping low-wage earners who don't qualify for Medicaid. Do you know how much they would be paying without the ACA? Probably three to four times what they are paying now. And they wouldn't have a guarantee that they can't be denied for previous medical conditions. The ACA is much better than the Republican shitty free market which we had before. I think it can be improved though, and there should be subsidies for people making over $47,000. And they need to make it more affordable for people near the $47,000 point because the subsidies really start to go down. But it's better than nothing, which is what the Republicans offered when Bush was president for 8 years.

Quote from: Donald Noory on October 28, 2016, 12:06:49 AM
That's baloney. The ACA is helping low-wage earners who don't qualify for Medicaid. Do you know how much they would be paying without the ACA? Probably three to four times what they are paying now. And they wouldn't have a guarantee that they can't be denied for previous medical conditions. The ACA is much better than the Republican shitty free market which we had before. I think it can be improved though, and there should be subsidies for people making over $47,000. And they need to make it more affordable for people near the $47,000 point because the subsidies really start to go down. But it's better than nothing, which is what the Republicans offered when Bush was president for 8 years.

Bullshit. I do know. Most of the workers in my town are in this situation and cannot afford it because it's still way too expensive. Oh, I do know of one person who went for it and his paycheck ends up being just about nothing once pay day arrives. Lucky for him he lives with his mother because there's no way in hell he could afford rent, even with a roommate.

On top of that, many of the workers are limited to part time only and are now getting furloughed because of the employee mandate. The very people who need the money the most. Forced poverty just for that alone.

Donald Noory

Also, if what I'm hearing is correct, the deductables are also going up. Even with subsidies, between the premiums and the deductables, it's either a worthless insurance policy or essentials. What is now the average American worker cannot now afford both. The way I see it, one 'might' die without health insurance but probably will fast track themselves towards death without things like food, shelter, utilities and basic sundries. Really, it's one or the other for those whom subsidies are supposed to help. That's why most have no choice but to settle for the outrageous penalty instead. Those making more, aren't doing much better unless they make a very good salary.

Also, there are maximum out-of-pocket expenses for the year, so no matter what your deductible or premiums are, if you have a catastrophic illness, you can only be charged 5k or so for the whole year, depending on your plan, instead of hundreds of thousands, and going bankrupt. So you still think it's worthless?

Donald Noory

Quote from: Astrid Galactic on October 28, 2016, 12:10:52 AM
Bullshit. I do know. Most of the workers in my town are in this situation and cannot afford it because it's still way too expensive. Oh, I do know of one person who went for it and his paycheck ends up being just about nothing once pay day arrives. Lucky for him he lives with his mother because there's no way in hell he could afford rent, even with a roommate.

You're full of it. If he's a low-wage earner it's helping him more than paying full market price would.

Quote from: Donald Noory on October 28, 2016, 12:11:11 AM
Also, there are maximum out-of-pocket expenses for the year, so no matter what your deductible or premiums are, if you have a catastrophic illness, you can only be charged 5k or so for the whole year, depending on your plan, instead of hundreds of thousands, and going bankrupt. So you still think it's worthless?

Okay, I don't know about that but if you're right, that's good. The only thing is that that's the rest of their paycheck. Like I mentioned earlier, they can't afford rent and other essentials. It's one or the other. They cannot afford both.

The only positive that I can give it is that it excludes pre-existing conditions. I don't care what anyone says. Everyone needs something that helps to provide them with proper healthcare and to exclude them is just inhumane. But the ACA, as is, is just not doable for most people as well as those who are now being affected outside of the plan. Between the insurance companies, the government and the various health businesses, the American people, as well as employers, are being royally screwed. I don't have an answer but the ACA must be repealed and the system must be fairly revamped. Have no idea if Trump's plan will help but it's a start, hopefully, in the right direction. He does want to address the prices of the different services which is one of the major problems. You yourself mentioned that the other day and we were both in agreement about that.

Quote from: Donald Noory on October 28, 2016, 12:12:27 AM
You're full of it. If he's a low-wage earner it's helping him more than paying full market price would.

Not when it's rent or a worthless piece of paper. That's what it comes down to with everyone that I know. Then there's also the deductibles and the outrageous copays.

Donald Noory

Quote from: Astrid Galactic on October 28, 2016, 12:23:59 AM
Okay, I don't know about that but if you're right, that's good. The only thing is that that's the rest of their paycheck. Like I mentioned earlier, they can't afford rent and other essentials. It's one or the other. They cannot afford both.

The only positive that I can give it is that it excludes pre-existing conditions. I don't care what anyone says. Everyone needs something that helps to provide them with proper healthcare and to exclude them is just inhumane. But the ACA, as is, is just not doable for most people as well as those who are now being affected outside of the plan. Between the insurance companies, the government and the various health businesses, the American people, as well as employers, are being royally screwed. I don't have an answer but the ACA must be repealed and the system must be fairly revamped. Have no idea if Trump's plan will help but it's a start, hopefully, in the right direction. He does want to address the prices of the different services which is one of the major problems. You yourself mentioned that the other day and we were both in agreement about that.

Yes I'm right, that's why some healthy people choose the lower cost "Bronze" plans which don't cover as much and have a higher deductible (not as high as before Obamacare though). Because if they get cancer or something they can still only be charged a maximum out-of-pocket around 5k or 6k a year depending on the plan, and not hundreds of thousands of dollars.

I do agree however that since healthcare is mandatory now, that the pricing should be lower. But I think you're sadly mistaken if you think Trump or any other Republican is going to offer any kind of plan which is better. Their only "plan" is to allow people to buy insurance across state lines. More "free market" bullshit.

paladin1991

As long as I keep the insurance that 'I like' I get better coverage than with the exchange.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Astrid Galactic on October 28, 2016, 12:10:52 AM

On top of that, many of the workers are limited to part time only and are now getting furloughed because of the employee mandate. The very people who need the money the most. Forced poverty just for that alone.

This has been the biggest CF in history. With the costs and the money spent on making the changes, they could have given everyone that didn't have insurance a catastrophic care policy for about 1/10 the cost. There are people now that have insurance that didn't before. But there are nearly as many people that have lost insurance that had it before. And those that have it now are paying twice what they were before. Not to mention the people that have lost their jobs or had their hours cut.

I know a handful of people that are better off today (until this latest round of increases). But i know a hell of a lot of people that are worse off.

I had to drop my policy two years ago because the prices doubled after my COBRA ran out. I switched to a health sharing network which is not technically insurance but it worked for me.  I didn't have any preexisting conditions or I would have had a waiting period before they covered those costs. Two years in and I am still paying the same rate. $199 per month for their best plan.

Donald Noory

Quote from: Astrid Galactic on October 28, 2016, 12:23:59 AM
I don't care what anyone says. Everyone needs something that helps to provide them with proper healthcare and to exclude them is just inhumane.

Ah, so you agree with Bernie Sanders that we should have universal healthcare in a medicare for all plan? Yes, that would be best. Again, you're barking up the wrong tree if you think the Republicans and their free market give a rat's ass about providing healthcare for all.