• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Future Theater

Started by nbirnes, December 13, 2013, 01:13:22 PM

nbirnes

Quote from: coaster on June 02, 2015, 02:34:59 PM

Single most disturbing thing I've seen all week. I was being goaded into talking about our new lady friend last night and I held back a lot. I'm more horrified by the packaged kardashiana of it all than the sex change, if that's what it really is.

I actually like her better with the stash than without. She's softer that way, somehow. And I did look it up -- there is no more penis there.

Quote from: BobGrau on June 02, 2015, 06:56:10 AM
Seems a little harsh.

Quote from: Zack on June 02, 2015, 09:06:15 AM
I thought the show was great.

Quote from: aldousburbank on June 02, 2015, 09:16:17 AM
That is no way to talk to or about a lady.

Quote from: MV on June 02, 2015, 10:53:53 AM
i realize that not everybody can like everyone and everything, but i think nancy is lovely.

I think it sounds just like conversations around my family's dinner table.  :)
PS:  Don't radios all have a little mechanism that allows you to um, change a station if you don't like what's on it?

HopHey

I totally agree with you.  I can't stand that show.  I even emailed Art Bell last night and complained about Nancy. I listen to Dark Matter Radio every night and Every Monday I complain when that show is on.  She interrupts everyone and ruins the conversation. One night they were interviewing someone and she totally distracted the guest and made it all about her.  Then half the time she doesn't even know what she's talking about.  Last night she misquoted Bruce Jenner.  Then she said Bill was a lawyer when he isn't.  He hasn't even taken the bar exam.  Just because you go to law school doesn't mean you're a lawyer.  You aren't a lawyer until you pass the bar exam and get your license to practice.  It's illegal to go around saying you're an attorney when you aren't.  I'm so tired of hearing her on the show.  When I emailed Art Bell last night I even said the show would be great if Nancy wasn't on it. 

coaster

Quote from: HopHey on June 02, 2015, 05:36:25 PM
I can't stand that show.  I even emailed Art Bell last night and complained about Nancy. I listen to Dark Matter Radio every night and Every Monday I complain when that show is on.  I'm so tired of hearing her on the show.
ahem..
Quote from: Treading Water on June 02, 2015, 04:58:45 PM
Don't radios all have a little mechanism that allows you to um, change a station if you don't like what's on it?

HopHey

Quote from: coaster on June 02, 2015, 05:38:58 PM
ahem..

Sure you can change the station on a radio but I was listening via TuneIn Radio on my phone. TuneIn Radio is the only app that doesn't time out after a certain period of time.  I have a Sirius app that times out after an hour, Pandora times out after like 30 mins I believe and Coast to Coast app only plays an hour of a show at a time.  Dark Matter Radio on TuneIn Radio is the only station I've found with topics I enjoy hearing about that runs all night long.  Trying to go to bed and listening to Nancy interrupt the guests to talk about herself or about Art Bell drama is awful.  That's not how a podcast or radio show should be ran.  The guest on the show should have all the attention and be able to talk about their subject matter.  The interviewer is not supposed to interrupt and talk over people and distract them so much the guest forgets what they were even discussing.  She gets them off topic ALL the time. 

I appreciate that she's a huge Art Bell fan but she needs to learn how a proper interview is supposed to go. I don't dislike her as a person as I don't even know her personally.  My opinion is that she's not meant to be on the radio or a podcast until she learns how to make the interview all about the person she's interviewing instead of making it about herself.  Interrupting is rude, especially when you're interviewing a guest.

I find it awesome that she's written books and her husband is smart but the show is supposed to be about interviewing the guests not about their personal lives and accomplishments.

nbirnes

Quote from: HopHey on June 02, 2015, 05:36:25 PM
I totally agree with you.  I can't stand that show.  I even emailed Art Bell last night and complained about Nancy. I listen to Dark Matter Radio every night and Every Monday I complain when that show is on.  She interrupts everyone and ruins the conversation. One night they were interviewing someone and she totally distracted the guest and made it all about her.  Then half the time she doesn't even know what she's talking about.  Last night she misquoted Bruce Jenner.  Then she said Bill was a lawyer when he isn't.  He hasn't even taken the bar exam.  Just because you go to law school doesn't mean you're a lawyer.  You aren't a lawyer until you pass the bar exam and get your license to practice.  It's illegal to go around saying you're an attorney when you aren't.  I'm so tired of hearing her on the show.  When I emailed Art Bell last night I even said the show would be great if Nancy wasn't on it.

Forgive me for correcting a few things. Bill has a law degree and sat for the California bar immediately after graduating back in the '90s. But alas, he did not pass the bar that first time out. Instead, the UFO Hunters gig came up, and he left the bar exam study for later. I'll try to make that clearer next time.

And a hearty welcome to Bellgab. So glad you joined.

Jraken

Quote from: HopHey on June 02, 2015, 05:52:37 PMI find it awesome that she's written books and her husband is smart but the show is supposed to be about interviewing the guests not about their personal lives and accomplishments.

I think the show is supposed to be about whatever Bill and Nancy want it to be about and run however they want it to be run.  There's plenty of radio shows/podcasts that are hosted by a single interviewer that are much more focused.  But all the shows have to pull from the same pool of guests that have something new (or old) to talk about in the paranormal field.  So I personally appreciate how Future Theater is executed by the hosts and the tangents they go off on when compared to all the other shows in this genre.  Something for everybody.

HopHey

Quote from: Jraken on June 02, 2015, 07:24:38 PM
I think the show is supposed to be about whatever Bill and Nancy want it to be about and run however they want it to be run.  There's plenty of radio shows/podcasts that are hosted by a single interviewer that are much more focused.  But all the shows have to pull from the same pool of guests that have something new (or old) to talk about in the paranormal field.  So I personally appreciate how Future Theater is executed by the hosts and the tangents they go off on when compared to all the other shows in this genre.  Something for everybody.

Yes something for everyone.  I think Bill and Nancy are brilliant people, I just don't like all the interruptions of conversations during the show.
I have no ill will towards them the show is just intolerable for me and my husband.

Lunger

Quote from: MV on June 02, 2015, 10:53:53 AM
i realize that not everybody can like everyone and everything, but i think nancy is lovely.

I am sure that she is very lovely person, just not a person who belongs on a radio show.

You can hear the absolute frustration in Angel's voice and (sometimes) in Bill's with Nancy spinning her hamster wheel.  I am sorry but it's just ridiculous.

Lunger

Quote from: eddie dean on June 02, 2015, 02:11:18 PM
I enjoyed the show last night. It's the first time I've been able to listen live & I dug the energy and interactions between the hosts. It was fun to hear MV on the show as well.
I think people forget, or don't realize how difficult it can be to produce an entertaining live podcast, especially an independent one.
I will be listening to Future Theater again!

There is no energy at all.  Nancy is just rude.  So much so that Future Theater becomes nothing more than Nancy as thesole focus of the show.  Unfortunatly, that focus becomes a non-sequitur once Nancy gets going.

Can anyone really tell me exactly what everything is focusing on?

nbirnes

Quote from: Lunger on June 02, 2015, 08:20:37 PM
You can hear the absolute frustration in Angel's voice and (sometimes) in Bill's with Nancy spinning her hamster wheel.  I am sorry but it's just ridiculous.

The received wisdom suggests that you should never reply to criticism, but in this case, I must. There is no frustration with Bill -- ever. We have been a team for a long time and believe me, if he were ever frustrated or angry, you would all know it and there would be no question about it.

Instead, he wants me to try to talk because he's been in meetings with me our whole married life and has seen me try to get an idea across in the hostile male world of the '70s and up to today. He knows he'll always be heard, and loves to see me try to elbow in and get a question across.

As for our producer Angel -- find me a producer who isn't always frustrated. It's part of the game we play in order to keep sane.

sydtron

Im going to give the show a listen.  Allways looking for new ear hole stimulation.

Listening to the MV interview now.  First and last time for me for this show.

Why is the lady constantly interrupting and jumping to other subjects (how very Noory of her)?  Why are the 2 men (Angel and Bill?) even on the show - they added zero to it.  It seemed like they were trying to be funny, not sure.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: nbirnes on June 02, 2015, 02:33:48 PM
You people are so wrong. He was our finest guest to date, without doubt. I'll dream about this conversation for many more years. It was delicious, with or without almond milk.

haha, nancy, you're just smitten with me because my daughter is so adorable.  thank you.  i had a really fun time with you guys, but i knew i would.

PrairieGhost

I like Future Theater. I don't want it to change at all.

Hank

Quote from: HopHey on June 02, 2015, 05:52:37 PM
Dark Matter Radio on TuneIn Radio is the only station I've found with topics I enjoy hearing about that runs all night long.  Trying to go to bed and listening.......

Infowars is on Tune in. Have Alex Jones tell you bedtime stories.

All of you on Future Theater do an awesome job! You keep it real and not over-produced. If it wasn't that good, I would have gotten my usual nap Monday evening! Ha! I'm glad I didn't!

pate

Quote from: popple on June 02, 2015, 12:34:42 PM
ME NEITHER!!!! I even got my party hat on already. NANCY! <3

MV was great as always.

The both of ya' highlarryious...

Quote from: coaster on June 02, 2015, 02:34:59 PM

Ms. C

haters gonna hate, lovers gonna love, bitches gonna bitch!  And the world goes round and round ....

Corrective Criticism is one thing (IMHO) but some of the remarks/posts/comments go far beyond this. 

Oh, and exactly how much monies does it cost you to listen????  (millions of $0.00)

Seriously, I'm just trying to lighten up some of the unnecessary harshness of the criticism on this thread.

Thank you Nancy and Bill for having an entertaining show to listen to.  Most of the time, I can't listen live and  I have to stream it due to my schedule ... and if its a show that I don't particular care for ... well I got this here finger than I can clicky off the sound and then, if I choose, I can use the same little finger to close down the particular tab that Future Theater occupies in this browser  and wow its gone  ;)

An extra  big Thanks for having done programs with Bateman and MV  ... it was so nice to hear each of them away from their normal venues and getting an insight on different parts of their personalities.

RoseGirl

HopHey...are you kidding me? Future Theatre is like sitting around a kitchen table listening to really interesting people talk about really interesting things. How is that a bad thing? I find it easier to listen to Bill and Nancy than most of the so-called 'researchers' out there prattling on and on with their latest theory.

Nancy....don't change a thing, I love the banter. Everyone loves the banter. And every kitchen table has a matriarch....it's the way of all nature.

Now pass the sugar, my tea is getting cold.

nbirnes

Quote from: RoseGirl on June 03, 2015, 01:00:26 PM
HopHey...are you kidding me? Future Theatre is like sitting around a kitchen table listening to really interesting people talk about really interesting things. How is that a bad thing? I find it easier to listen to Bill and Nancy than most of the so-called 'researchers' out there prattling on and on with their latest theory.

Nancy....don't change a thing, I love the banter. Everyone loves the banter. And every kitchen table has a matriarch....it's the way of all nature.

Now pass the sugar, my tea is getting cold.

You can sense that old hesitation setting in ... the urge to flee ... eh, lil' sister? It's been a rough couple of days, including the flash appearance of the real GNS at the end of the Bellgab show. It was a bruise.

But radio has to change, and so it goes.

RoseGirl

Quote from: nbirnes on June 03, 2015, 01:25:40 PM
You can sense that old hesitation setting in ... the urge to flee ... eh, lil' sister? It's been a rough couple of days, including the flash appearance of the real GNS at the end of the Bellgab show. It was a bruise.

Fear not, intrepid radio girl....the times they are a changing. Oh and sorry about my knee-jerk reaction about the intro-jingle....I can sit up and take solid food now, so I am okay. lol

chefist

Quote from: nbirnes on June 03, 2015, 01:25:40 PM

Nancy...I listen to your show with Bill...I really like it and you both have a great chemistry with your guests...free comentary is worth exactly that, so please don't take forum comments too seriously...If you two came on after MITD, I would listen to the podcast the next day for sure!  Keep it up!

nbirnes

Quote from: RoseGirl on June 03, 2015, 01:32:40 PM
Fear not, intrepid radio girl....the times they are a changing. Oh and sorry about my knee-jerk reaction about the intro-jingle....I can sit up and take solid food now, so I am okay. lol

I swear to you that it's the best I can do right now. I'm looking down the barrel at re-hooking up the mixer and mic that used to give me nightmare echoes and wires from Radio Shack that are literally in 20-foot coils. This snakepit of trouble has been in the attic in a box for more than a year now.

Mac. Skype and iTunes. NiceCast. Anyone who knows these words: send me a PM so I can ask some questions.

PS. It will grow on you. It's very catchy. Here it is, right here where the harshest critics can respond:

http://www.futuretheater.com/audio/bella-bumper1.mp3

RoseGirl

Quote from: nbirnes on June 03, 2015, 01:46:02 PM
I swear to you that it's the best I can do right now. I'm looking down the barrel at re-hooking up the mixer and mic that used to give me nightmare echoes and wires from Radio Shack that are literally in 20-foot coils. This snakepit of trouble has been in the attic in a box for more than a year now.

Mac. Skype and iTunes. NiceCast. Anyone who knows these words: send me a PM so I can ask some questions.

PS. It will grow on you. It's very catchy. Here it is, right here where the harshest critics can respond:

http://www.futuretheater.com/audio/bella-bumper1.mp3

Oh it's just fine, Nancy....really, it will work. It can be changed later if you want...but right now, don't stress about it. It's fine.

By the way, I was trying to get a hold of Angel's email addy so I could ask him what equipment I needed to buy to have a set up to do a show. 'Figured I best get my poop in a group and set up to be able to actually host a show, in case it is needed.

Did you hear the George appearance on BellCast? What'd ya think?

nbirnes

Quote from: RoseGirl on June 03, 2015, 02:29:13 PM
Oh it's just fine, Nancy....really, it will work. It can be changed later if you want...but right now, don't stress about it. It's fine.

By the way, I was trying to get a hold of Angel's email addy so I could ask him what equipment I needed to buy to have a set up to do a show. 'Figured I best get my poop in a group and set up to be able to actually host a show, in case it is needed.

Did you hear the George appearance on BellCast? What'd ya think?

I will look up the address and put it in Skype.