• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Darkness Radio

Started by Murder101, August 15, 2012, 02:10:44 PM

Talking a bit about the Doyle/Houdini series now.

Taco Bell

Would have been awesome to see what LA was like in the early 1900's.

starrmtn001

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 09, 2016, 09:17:29 PM
Talking a bit about the Doyle/Houdini series now.
I'm not well read about Doyle, except general knowledge.  I'm limited to some Sherlock Holmes stuff and that's about it.  This will be an interesting series for me. ;)

Quote from: Taco Bell on May 09, 2016, 09:19:58 PM
Would have been awesome to see what LA was like in the early 1900's.

I like to read biographies of old Hollywood movie moguls and stars.  Hollywood back between 1900 and 1920 was like some redneck/hick town out in the middle of nowhere. Once the movie studios started moving to California around 1913-14, that started to change but it really did not become the city we know today until the 30's or so.  Even in the 30's, a lot of it was still undeveloped.

Now you guys at DR know how I felt last Friday.  ;D  Margaritas will do it to ya everytime.

Taco Bell

Mind blown this show is done out of the twin cities, practically in my backyard. Never put two and two together.

Quote from: starrmtn001 on May 09, 2016, 09:21:59 PM
I'm not well read about Doyle, except general knowledge.  I'm limited to some Sherlock Holmes stuff and that's about it.  This will be an interesting series for me. ;)

Doyle was a fascinating fellow.  Wrote some excellent ghost stories and adventure novels like The Lost World.

During the last hour there are no breaks between 7 after and 30 after.

starrmtn001

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 09, 2016, 09:41:28 PM
Doyle was a fascinating fellow.  Wrote some excellent ghost stories and adventure novels like The Lost World.
Getting harder, for me, to see standard book print these days.  I can expand the text size on my laptop, but books, not so much.  I love books too.  The heaviest boxes in my move were those filled with my books.

starrmtn001

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 09, 2016, 09:46:40 PM
During the last hour there are no breaks between 7 after and 30 after.
Can you imagine going back in time with this commercial and playing it on a 50s radio station? ;D

Quote from: starrmtn001 on May 09, 2016, 09:49:53 PM
Getting harder, for me, to see standard book print these days.  I can expand the text size on my laptop, but books, not so much.  I love books too.  The heaviest boxes in my move were those filled with my books.

You need to see my wife.  She is a licensed optician.  The doctor that works with her is great. That might be a bit tough though since you are out west though I'm sure you could find a good optometrist out there too.

starrmtn001

Thought he said bald. 

I can just see someone addressing an E.T.  "Sup Baldy?" ;D

albrecht

Quote from: starrmtn001 on May 09, 2016, 09:49:53 PM
I know my library seems to get almost all the new books in the large type face (older crowd there.)

Quote from: starrmtn001 on May 09, 2016, 09:52:47 PM
Can you imagine going back in time with this commercial and playing it on a 50s radio station? ;D

LOL.  Can you imagine them playing certain songs back then and this is one of the cleaner ones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lt8Ni6lLFKU

starrmtn001

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 09, 2016, 09:53:40 PM
You need to see my wife.  She is a licensed optician.  The doctor that works with her is great. That might be a bit tough though since you are out west though I'm sure you could find a good optometrist out there too.
I was told I'll need lasix (Sp.?) surgery, in a few years, for cataracts.  That was over 3 years ago.  I can still see just fine.  I'm going to be annoyingly picky when I decide, from my options, who will do the surgery.

starrmtn001

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 09, 2016, 10:00:05 PM
LOL.  Can you imagine them playing certain songs back then and this is one of the cleaner ones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lt8Ni6lLFKU
LMAO!!! ;D

starrmtn001

Quote from: albrecht on May 09, 2016, 09:57:08 PM
I know my library seems to get almost all the new books in the large type face (older crowd there.)

Here too. ;)

starrmtn001

The older I get, I become a better natural gas asset to America. ::) ;D

Quote from: starrmtn001 on May 09, 2016, 10:05:23 PM
The older I get, I become a better natural gas asset to America. ::) ;D

LOL.

Oh dear!  Poor Heather is in trouble on Bellgab.  Not a single post on her thread 8 minutes into the show.

Finally, good ol' Juan Cena posted.  He is about the only loyal listener Heather still has.

starrmtn001

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 09, 2016, 10:08:37 PM
Oh dear!  Poor Heather is in trouble on Bellgab.  Not a single post on her thread 8 minutes into the show.
I'm not going there as much now.  At first, I could understand the butt hurt and I figured it would run it's course, folks would get over it, and act like grown ups again.  Well, some have, but others haven't.  A few have actually gotten worse and are thriving on cruelty.  Once they got their first taste of blood, they couldn't get enough.  Makes me sad.

Quote from: starrmtn001 on May 09, 2016, 10:15:17 PM
I'm not going there as much now.  At first, I could understand the butt hurt and I figured it would run it's course, folks would get over it, and act like grown ups again.  Well, some have, but others have actually gotten worse and are thriving on cruelty.  Once they got their first taste of blood, they couldn't get enough.  Makes me sad.

Yeah, I know.  My idea of having fun has nothing to do with trashing people all of the time.

starrmtn001

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 09, 2016, 10:18:14 PM
Yeah, I know.  My idea of having fun has nothing to do with trashing people all of the time.
You ever notice the people who constantly trash others, eventually become the trash they so revile?

starrmtn001

OOOOhhhh.  Check your hearing dude!!! ;D ;D ;D

Quote from: starrmtn001 on May 09, 2016, 10:20:44 PM
You ever notice the people who constantly trash others, eventually become the trash they so revile?

Yep, they sure do.  King of Kuckolds for example aka The Penguin of Doom.

starrmtn001

Oh.  I forgot to tell you something I just learned about my new apartment.  The last tenant had to leave because she died here.  No, I haven't sensed anything paranormal, and I really don't expect to.

Juan Cena

At least you won't have to worry about them breaking into the place a la Barenaked Ladies' "The Old Apartment."

starrmtn001

Speaking of deer, some deer came up to my bedroom window today.  Later they moved around to the patio (lawn area) where the bbq is.

I posted several pics of them in Bella Haven if ya want to go take a peek/see later.

starrmtn001

Quote from: Juan Cena on May 09, 2016, 10:29:51 PM
At least you won't have to worry about them breaking into the place a la Barenaked Ladies' "The Old Apartment."
Ya lost me there Juan.  I didn't see the movie.  Was there a movie?  ???