• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Nice Little Facts

Started by MV/Liberace!, June 20, 2014, 04:56:20 PM

jazmunda

Lost Prime Minister - In 1967, Harold Holt, the Prime Minister of Australia went for a swim at the beach off Portsea in the state of Victoria and was never seen again. Theories about his disappearance include kidnapping by a Russian submarine, eaten by a shark or being carried away by the tide.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: jazmunda on July 10, 2014, 06:51:22 PM
Lost Prime Minister - In 1967, Harold Holt, the Prime Minister of Australia went for a swim at the beach off Portsea in the state of Victoria and was never seen again. Theories about his disappearance include kidnapping by a Russian submarine, eaten by a shark or being carried away by the tide.

holy shit.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: jazmunda on July 10, 2014, 07:02:29 PM

Another true story is that there is local pool near me named after him which is ironic considering he likely drowned.

i just saw that right before i read your post.

[attach=1]

heh heh.

That's like paying a visit to the "James Dean Driving School".

jazmunda

Quote from: MV on July 10, 2014, 07:11:16 PM
i just saw that right before i read your post.

[attach=1]

heh heh.

That's like paying a visit to the "James Dean Driving School".

Or the JFK firing range.

Too soon?

b_dubb

Quote from: jazmunda on July 10, 2014, 07:15:53 PM
Or the JFK firing range.

Too soon?
the jazmunda public restroom and institute for butthurt research

jazmunda

Quote from: b_dubb on July 10, 2014, 07:18:12 PM
the jazmunda public restroom and institute for butthurt research

I walked right into that.

Bart Ell

The biggest coffee chain in Canada is named after a hockey player who could have used some coffee... even if it was some of that horrible coffee they serve.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Horton

On the early morning of February 21, 1974, Horton was killed in a car accident when he lost control of his white De Tomaso Pantera sports car on the Queen Elizabeth Way (QEW) in St. Catharines, Ontario. While driving to Buffalo, Horton stopped at his office in Oakville, and was met there by Ron Joyce. While there, Horton phoned his brother Garry, who recognized that Tim had been drinking and tried to convince him not to leave. Joyce also offered to have Horton stay with him. Horton chose to continue his drive to Buffalo.

onan

Juan

Quote from: jazmunda on July 10, 2014, 06:51:22 PM
Theories about his disappearance include kidnapping by a Russian submarine, eaten by a shark or being carried away by the tide.
Having lived in Florida for years, I'd suspect a mistress infuriated by his "All the way with LBJ" statement.

MV/Liberace!

Richard Branson once tried to get Johnny Rotten to join Devo.

Yorkshire pud

If you engage in those intimate moments using ice cubes..remember the freezing sensation can be countered with hot dripping wax. She'll squeal with both. Win win.  :)

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on July 11, 2014, 01:55:58 PM
If you engage in those intimate moments using ice cubes..remember the freezing sensation can be countered with hot dripping wax. She'll squeal with both. Win win.  :)

I like to just ram it in and get it over with. There's TV to be watched.

eddie dean

"Phoenix adult residents sweat so much that the city's perspiration could fill an Olympic-sized swimming pool in less than three hours."

http://m.livescience.com/828-sweatiest-cities-america.html

If you ever need to fill a swimming pool with sweat, and you need to do it in a hurry, you might enlist the entire population of Phoenix, Ariz., home to the sweatiest people in the nation.
Phoenix adult residents sweat so much that the city's perspiration could fill an Olympic-sized swimming pool in less than three hours.
For the second year in a row, Phoenix has earned the dubious honor of topping the Top-100 Sweatiest Cities list, a ranking of the nation's heaviest sweaters during the summer months as determined by researchers at Procter and Gamble.

During a typical summer day in 2005, an average Phoenix adult secreted 26 ounces of sweat per hour while walking outdoors. Phoenix's average daily temperature during the summer monthsâ€"June, July, and Augustâ€"for 2005 was 93.3 degrees Fahrenheit

zeebo

Quote from: MV on July 11, 2014, 09:10:27 PM
I like to just ram it in and get it over with. There's TV to be watched.

And they say romance is dead! 

maureen

Quote from: jazmunda on July 13, 2014, 02:46:45 AM
Wombat poo is cube shaped.

http://youtu.be/m52Rdp_b5dQ
Anyone else notice how wombat poo resembles pizza rolls?

pyewacket

It takes 7 seconds for food to pass from mouth to stomach. A human hair can hold 3 kg. The length of the penis is three times the length of the thumb. The femur is as hard as concrete. A woman's heart beats faster than a man's. Women blink twice as much as men. We use 300 muscles just to keep our balance when we stand.

The woman has read this entire text. The man is still looking at his thumb.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: pyewacket on July 14, 2014, 01:47:52 PM
It takes 7 seconds for food to pass from mouth to stomach. A human hair can hold 3 kg. The length of the penis is three times the length of the thumb. The femur is as hard as concrete. A woman's heart beats faster than a man's. Women blink twice as much as men. We use 300 muscles just to keep our balance when we stand.

Might have.  :-[

Bart Ell

There is no way my thumb is only 1.2 inches long

jazmunda

That explains my gigantic thumbs. I thought there was something wrong with me.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: pyewacket on July 14, 2014, 01:47:52 PM
The length of the penis is three times the length of the thumb.

unfortunately, i think i'm dealing with division rather than multiplication.

:(

MV/Liberace!

The founder of McDonald's served in the same WW1 ambulance unit as Walt Disney.

MV/Liberace!

And...

Big Ben is technically the bell, not the tower.

eddie dean

Quote from: pyewacket on July 14, 2014, 01:47:52 PM...
The length of the penis is three times the length of the thumb...

Ha ha.
"thumbs up"

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

MV/Liberace!

Lead pollution is blamed for giving elephants "floppy trunk syndrome".

Their is a small piece of land along the Sudan -  Egypt border called Bir Tawil that neither of those countries claim.

Recently a man from Virginia claimed it and declared himself King and his daughter as Princess

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Paper*Boy on July 15, 2014, 11:30:40 AM

Recently a man from Virginia claimed it and declared himself King and his daughter as Princess

a guy named "jeremiah" from virginia claiming land between egypt and sudan... yeah, that ought to work out well.