• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

From Art Bell

Started by Art Bell, September 21, 2015, 03:42:41 PM

Art Bell

Actually it is big news, we have been content over the last two Months to run our Internet show as is but this move opens the door wide to Radio Stations to pick up the show which is what they have been asking for. It means we come in on the same receiver as every other National show starting Oct 1st.

We also started a Advertising campaign today that will run for a Month on Social Media. We would like to combine this with people calling their local program Manager and requesting the show. The XDS Satallite people will also promo it to the Radio Stations.

Art

P.S. Any help from Bell Gab in making those calls would be great!

Roswells, Art

This is wonderful! I'll call from my corner of the world.

/cartwheels

paladin1991

ART, I'm with you bro. But I would like to suggest that to celebrate you do an on air Scotch tasting.  You know, to set the mood for this next big step. 

lonevoice

Whoa.  Art Bell started his own thread on Bellgab.  Now *that* is shocking!   ;D

Way to go, Art.  I'll be contacting several PDs and station managers this week.  Is there any way we can get the copy of how the XDS people are approaching the stations with their promo?  It might help to have a better idea of what they think would be most affective.

popple

I'm super excited to watch the growth of the show. People were making suggestions for the YouTube channel and thank you for listening ;D I subscribed & all my thumbs are ready to go up! 8)

nbirnes

Quote from: popple on September 21, 2015, 04:01:52 PM
I'm super excited to watch the growth of the show. People were making suggestions for the YouTube channel and thank you for listening ;D I subscribed & all my thumbs are ready to go up! 8)

Just hooking in to say a big yes! to popple's post. These are thrilling times!! Go Bateman!

AppealPlay

Agree with the YouTube channel.  Great idea to get the word out!

cosmic hobo

Quote from: nbirnes on September 21, 2015, 04:03:33 PM
Go Bateman!

Why Go Bateman? Is he the weekend host? Did I miss something? This is great news indeed. Go Bateman!

chefist

Art started this thread...so that must mean it is important...

I've already contacted the only 2 stations here in Tucson that compete with IHeart...104.1 FM and 1030 AM...let's see what they say now with the XDS feed...should be fun!

starrmtn001

Ready . . . Set . . . BLITZ!!! ;D

AppealPlay

Quote from: chefist on September 21, 2015, 04:12:00 PM
Art started this thread...so that must mean it is important...

I've already contacted the only 2 stations here in Tucson that compete with IHeart...104.1 FM and 1030 AM...let's see what they say now with the XDS feed...should be fun!

I just contacted a station here in Virginia.  There's only one talk station in my market that isn't owned by "the other guys" but I let them know that The Man is back.

chefist

Quote from: lonevoice on September 21, 2015, 04:01:11 PM
Whoa.  Art Bell started his own thread on Bellgab.  Now *that* is shocking!   ;D

Way to go, Art.  I'll be contacting several PDs and station managers this week.  Is there any way we can get the copy of how the XDS people are approaching the stations with their promo?  It might help to have a better idea of what they think would be most affective.

WERD LADY IN BLACK!  8)

popple

Quote from: cosmic hobo on September 21, 2015, 04:09:27 PM
Why Go Bateman? Is he the weekend host? Did I miss something? This is great news indeed. Go Bateman!

HAHA! I don't think soooo? Steve, Art, & Hoagie = Perfect late night sammich ammirite? GO BATEMAN! GO ART! GO HOAGIE! PRAISE MV! #BLITZPart2

chefist

Quote from: popple on September 21, 2015, 04:16:34 PM
HAHA! I don't think soooo? Steve, Art, & Hoagie = Perfect late night sammich ammirite? GO BATEMAN! GO ART! GO HOAGIE! PRAISE MV! #BLITZPart2

I've been promoting that! And Steve is trend setting with the unsolved crime gendre....either he is too modest to admit he just pulled off one of the best podcasts ever or he is ignoring us fans.... ;D

Art, you must consider Steve Warner as your weekend host...he's the total package!

starrmtn001

Quote from: chefist on September 21, 2015, 04:20:33 PM
I've been promoting that! And Steve is trend setting with the unsolved crime gendre....either he is too modest to admit he just pulled off one of the best podcasts ever or he is ignoring us fans.... ;D

Art, you must consider Steve Warner as your weekend host...he's the total package!
I absolutely second this!  Steve Warner ROCKS!!! ;) ;D

bateman

Quote from: chefist on September 21, 2015, 04:20:33 PM
either he is too modest to admit he just pulled off one of the best podcasts ever or he is ignoring us fans.... ;D

I've never been entirely comfortable with the attention, so all I can say is thank you.  :)

And congrats, Art. Maybe an ad in Talkers would be a good idea?

Art, I get the impression from your FB that there may be quite a few people who think the "4,000 stations" are already on board to carry MitD starting October 1.  I suggest a clear statement from you  would be really helpful.  Also, please consider posting, at artbell.com, a Call Tip Sheet for blitzers to use when approaching station managers and PDs.

Oh, yeah, congratulations, and when you listen to Steve Warner's latest podcast at darkcity.fm/, listen to it like it's an audition tape. 

Oleus

One thing is for sure. I'm listening to the first few minutes of c2c to listen to how Noory tries to play this off.

Good for you Art.  Go big or go home right ?  I'm on board.  I'll start calling the stations here in the ATL asking for some Art !!!

bateman

Quote from: Oleus on September 21, 2015, 05:26:40 PM
One thing is for sure. I'm listening to the first few minutes of c2c to listen to how Noory tries to play this off.

Good for you Art.  Go big or go home right ?  I'm on board.  I'll start calling the stations here in the ATL asking for some Art !!!

Convenient list of talk stations for anyone who wants to contact them:

http://radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/finder?format=tal&s=R&sr=Y

And for fun:

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/stations

(Just don't bother with iheart stations.)

Lilith

bellgab Email and all :)  Thank You Art !!!!  We're all ON it!  ;D

Lilith

Quote from: popple on September 21, 2015, 04:16:34 PM

What popple said !!!!  ;D

RoseGirl

Quote from: Art Bell on September 21, 2015, 03:42:41 PM
Actually it is big news, we have been content over the last two Months to run our Internet show as is but this move opens the door wide to Radio Stations to pick up the show which is what they have been asking for. It means we come in on the same receiver as every other National show starting Oct 1st.

We also started a Advertising campaign today that will run for a Month on Social Media. We would like to combine this with people calling their local program Manager and requesting the show. The XDS Satallite people will also promo it to the Radio Stations.

Art

That is such good news, Art. Congratulations! I only wish my show, 'The Outsider: Messages From Beyond' was still played on Dark Matter Digital Network. It was for quite some time, but then I changed the format to a one hour live show 7-8pm PST on weeknights and Keith has yet to pick it up. It is run with StreamGuys too.

Any way we can make that happen, Art? I'd love to be part of the parade.

jazmunda

Most stations have twitter or Facebook accounts so it couldn't hurt posting this video on your social media and mentioning you local station.

https://youtu.be/KDrdTwwZ1wc

Something like:

Hey @WXYZ Art Bell is Back!

gabrielle

Quote from: jazmunda on September 21, 2015, 05:44:04 PM
Most stations have twitter or Facebook accounts so it couldn't hurt posting this video on your social media and mentioning you local station.

Something like:

Hey @WXYZ Art Bell is Back!

Jazmunda: Can you please give instructions?  Do you mean to post this video on facebook or whatever and then mention the station number?  Some of us are new to this.  Sorry, I know it sounds lame, but I want to do all I can.

anunnaki

I contacted my only two stations in North Florida-

WJHC 107.5 FM Jasper, Florida

WJTK  96.5 FM  Lake City, Florida

Freyja

Quote from: Art Bell on September 21, 2015, 03:42:41 PM
Art

I hounded CFRB Toronto like crazy when you first launched MITD and they picked the show up, both on AM and short wave. I won't take any credit for that, as I'm sure there were many who phoned and emailed to get the show on.

640 AM here is a power station (CFMJ) however they carry the "other" show. All you Toronto or Ontario people ( huge market in Canada), lobby CFMJ and other smaller stations in your area to pick up MITD.

What about you other tasty Canadians? Toronto has the only station carrying MITD!!

Get off your butts and phone and email. There are large markets in Montreal, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon, Regina, Vancouver etc. and smaller markets across the country.

This is now an international program...make Canada proud and get Art and MITD on a station in your area.

North_Star

Quote from: Freyja on September 21, 2015, 05:54:16 PM
I hounded CFRB Toronto like crazy when you first launched MITD and they picked the show up, both on AM and short wave. I won't take any credit for that, as I'm sure there were many who phoned and emailed to get the show on.

640 AM here is a power station (CFMJ) however they carry the "other" show. All you Toronto or Ontario people ( huge market in Canada), lobby CFMJ and other smaller stations in your area to pick up MITD.

What about you other tasty Canadians? Toronto has the only station carrying MITD!!

Get off your butts and phone and email. There are large markets in Montreal, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon, Regina, Vancouver etc. and smaller markets across the country.

This is now an international program...make Canada proud and get Art and MITD on a station in your area.

I just emailed CJAD in Montreal.