• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

CornyCrow

Quote from: coaster on October 03, 2015, 05:49:21 PM
Wasn't amy the one who read the news in a monotone voice? No thanks.
You say tomAtoes and I say tomatoes. 
Your idea of monotone to me was professional.  Presenting the news while not presenting yourself.  I would not want an actor in that position, or a woman with a higher pitched voice.  Leo's voice and delivery were, to me, just wrong for what he was attempting to do.  I'm glad that he's going over to the dark side.  He probably belongs there. 

Amy deserves a chance.  So far, I really like her.  To me she has talent with that voice.  She's unique.

AppealPlay

Eh, I would be most pleased if Art dropped the news segments altogether.  It was really just filler.  Sometimes interesting but mostly filler.

Art Bell

Well fun to watch,the picture I told him to take down is indeed Photoshop and was part of a Lawsuit Years ago. He has no idea what he is doing. I would never take a picture of that kind any more then I would ever use bad language on air. I asked him twice to take it down and told him it was Photoshop, now he will learn the hard way.

As for the stations, ho hum I guess he is in full meltdown, as I said I am concerned for him.

Art

CornyCrow

Quote from: Art Bell on October 03, 2015, 06:02:56 PM
The truth is Leo made lots of money. The real deal was he got paid by the commercial's that ran in his newscast and it was a lot. On top of that he got 1% of total ad revenue which was about to be raised to 2 % but he quit because he said he could not get along with Keith. After I told the exact truth at the start of the show last night he now hates me I see. The guy is in total meltdown mode. I feel sorry for him. As for the offer he said he got from Coast, that was told first to Amy because he wanted to take her along with him but she refused. He also told Heather about it both on the phone and In print (which she has) and finally he told me as well. I am still not sure if it was real or he just made it up as a bluff, either way it's bad. I was not going to say a word on the Friday show even as stressed out as I was about the situation but he started posting crazy stuff on his FB site asking people to email me or call in on open lines so I felt I had no choice as the messages started to roll in.

Art
Hmmm.  Keith and Leo each probably said things better left unsaid, but posting the war was sleazy behavior on Leo's part.  I'm proud of Amy, being so loyal and hope she works out.  It's good to hear that Heather's doing fine.  I think, in the choice between Keith and Leo, there was really no choice at all.  This may turn out all for the better, Art.

albrecht

I honestly am amazed that this situation and that this person is an adult. I thought social media spats were things 12 year old girls did. How/why would anyone hire or work with someone after this example of behavior? It is bizarre and I do wonder if substances might be involved.

Frankly DM News, and the automaton (or retarded special person who read it, was something I tolerated (I figured he might have been a friend or family member or something so give the guy a job) but I can't imagine any network wanting a 3 or 4 hour show of that nonsense with the awful pronunciation and cadence. Unless they improve the computer algorithm that is generating the voice. I guess it could be better than Norry's show but that is not that much of a compliment.

I just hope this doesn't hurt Art and MITD expanding its reach all over the interwebs and into regular radio.

CornyCrow

Quote from: Faustina on October 03, 2015, 06:07:21 PM
Agree.  I've been slightly disappointed at the small amount of time Art has spent discussing news items at the top of the show.  Perhaps he could return to doing that.

On the Leo Ashcraft matter, I thought he was pretty good but far from irreplaceable.  I know his little newscasts were not "must listens" for me, as that's when I'd usually go down the hall to use the facilities or get a snack (from the kitchen:  not the facilities).  So, the fact they weren't Must Listens and that I often missed them, with no great regret, says something.
Yup.  I did the same thing.

AppealPlay

Quote from: Art Bell on October 04, 2015, 03:13:32 PM
Well fun to watch,the picture I told him to take down is indeed Photoshop and was part of a Lawsuit Years ago. He has no idea what he is doing. I would never take a picture of that kind any more then I would ever use bad language on air. I asked him twice to take it down and told him it was Photoshop, now he will learn the hard way.

As for the stations, ho hum I guess he is in full meltdown, as I said I am concerned for him.

Art

I am so bummed Ashcraft is doing this to you and Keith.  It was all fun and games mudslinging until he started going after your affiliates.  Very uncool.  I hope you consult with your lawyer to see what if anything can be done to stop this mess. :(

Quote from: malachi.martini on October 04, 2015, 03:01:41 PM
Leo is going nuclear, thanks a lot Keith. Piss off the affiliate asset , great idea.

There is only room for one on Art's coattails. Not to mention that Keith doesn't remember how to add a link to his by-the-numbers Wordpress page.

paladin1991

Quote from: inuk2600 on October 04, 2015, 02:06:58 AM
Nobody gives a flying f#$% about how professional the website looks. It works well as a place to follow along with items being discussed live. K is always Johnny on the spot ready to put something up at a moment notice. Shove that professional corporate looking crap right up Dave's ass.

Well.  Yeah.  I do.  Navigation through the site.  Access to it and features.  I figure it is part of what I pay for with my TT sub.  If it's not part of the 'whole package' then correct me if I am wrong. 
If it's a case of 'it is what it is' then ... okay.  Will it improve in time?  I think so.  But then again, maybe not.   Then....okay.  My primary reason to sub is ART FUCKING BELL, and like it or not inuk, the website is a reflection of him, Keith, (Redacted) and the others (?) who are involved.  That's why I think what is presented is really a temp thing subject to updating or improvement.

'Johnny on the spot.'  Kudos for that. It seems that there has been some mention that K is hideously overworked or out of his element skills wise.  I dunno.  But I would hope that would change for him as we all move fwd and he is able to grow the team as much as might need to grow.

CornyCrow

Quote from: area51drone on October 03, 2015, 09:18:58 PM
I know it's private, but I wonder what "lots of money" means to you.   I'm sure you can find someone else to read the news, but honest to god Art, you need to take a good look at your team and make sure every one in it fits the bill of putting out the best show in the world.    You are the talent, you should only have to worry about doing the show itself.   The rest of the people should support you entirely and not make your life more difficult.  It sounds like Redacted is doing a pretty good job of supporting you, and we can all be grateful for her role in your program.   I don't know if the rest of them are, or who for that matter who they all might be, but get the right people.   Do not fool yourself or allow past allegiances to slow you down or hold you back.   You can always keep those who you want around in a supporting role to those who know how to get the job done the right way.
Loyalty means something.  If some things need spiffing up ever and your people are intelligent, a course here or there or some temporary consultant to put things right can be engaged.  What I would not want is talent that always kept their ears to the ground for better offers and used my show for experience on the resume and cut whenever another opportunity presented itself.  There is something for a team that will mesh together and go the extra mile from that bonding - a synergistic effect.   

Quote from: SixWeekTenure(tm) on October 04, 2015, 03:18:33 PM
There is only room for one on Art's coattails. Not to mention that Keith doesn't remember how to add a link to his by-the-numbers Wordpress page.

Literal cancer but he does get the mp3s of the show up way quicker than MV does the gabcast shows, I'll give  him that. ;)

Art Bell

At least when I log on to artbell.com I don't have to wait 5 minutes for all the crap ads to finnish loading before I can even navigate. As for Leo it's out of my hands now.

Art

CornyCrow

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on October 03, 2015, 11:54:14 PM
So you bring it back up when Rowland's under attack and Art just wrote a post defending him. You truly are a master of timing Sir!
So gauche of him!

InykRose

Quote from: Paper*Boy on October 04, 2015, 11:33:56 AM
Grossest member of the candy family

I dunno, those "Circus Peanuts" are right up there with Candy Corn if you ask me.

nbirnes

Quote from: SixWeekTenure(tm) on October 04, 2015, 03:18:33 PM

This animosity for Keith is sickening. And relentless. Why not just stop?

chefist

Quote from: Art Bell on October 04, 2015, 03:25:11 PM
At least when I log on to artbell.com I don't have to wait 5 minutes for all the crap ads to finnish loading before I can even navigate. As for Leo it's out of my hands now.

Art

Art...this is really a non factor in terms of the success of MITD...you will continue to thrive, of that I have no doubt...No one really knows who Leo is anyway...

wr250

Art
and dont forget the autoplaying videos, cant forget about them.

SciFiAuthor

DMDN rocks and Rowland deserves credit for creating a fine product.

Rix Gins

I won't miss the news segments...they very nearly put me to sleep.  Art does a better job (twelvefold) at mentioning news items at the top of his show and can get it all done within five minutes or so.

popple

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on October 04, 2015, 03:16:46 PM
It was all fun and games mudslinging until he started going after your affiliates.  Very uncool.

Any affiliate nice guy leo added to the show was to increase his ad revenue. He seemed to be expecting a huge return by supposedly investing his own money. If he can't profit from them anymore he'll be damned if anyone else does ::) MITD is going to keep growing in affiliates & make up for whatever is lost here.

CornyCrow

Quote from: area51drone on October 04, 2015, 12:40:10 AM
This was all discussed in the piracy thread a long time ago.  This was the perfect night to bring it back up, IMO.
Drone, it sure sounds to me as though you're attempting to drive a wedge in between those on Art's team, just at the time when grouping together is called for.  Were I a conspiracy buff, I might be wondering how pure your intentions are.

b_dubb

Leo may be having an allergic reaction to his new muscle building supplement

coaster

Art
Its too bad that you have to deal with this bullshit.

wr250

Quote from: b_dubb on October 04, 2015, 03:39:01 PM
Leo may be having an allergic reaction to his new muscle building supplement

isnt there a taintco product for that? perhaps the butthurt cream?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: VoteQuimby on October 04, 2015, 12:14:46 PM
I'm listening to last night's GabCast. Great to hear MV.

...Are we going to war against Noory?

i'm starting to wonder if leo made up everything about the offer in a bid to get something for himself, because where would they fit him in on c2c?  the show is already 120% commercial content, with a 6 minute network newscast at the top of each hour.  the only possible explanation is that 1) leo lied or 2) they really did make him an offer, but it was totally phony and only intended to mess things up inside artbell inc..

GravitySucks

Art
But Art, the question remains... What's your favorite vegetable?

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 04, 2015, 01:30:34 PM
Join in anytime...

Toffee popcorn for me

Not sweet, not salted, but toffee.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Leo Ashcraft
I will not operate my business driven by emotions.

clearly.

I am following this train wreck driven by Leo and I have only to ponder.. why only minutes ago is he still posting paranormal links to an Art Bell fan site on Facebook? the only thought it's an auto-timed Facebook update..?? Any help with this one?

I am actually a bit taken back by the high drama in the high desert.
Luckily, once it's MONDAY, it's back to show time and this weekend sideshow will just be an early Halloween short film.

munbeam666

Quote from: MV on October 04, 2015, 03:41:39 PM
i'm starting to wonder if leo made up everything about the offer in a bid to get something for himself, because where would they fit him in on c2c?  the show is already 120% commercial content, with a 6 minute network newscast at the top of each hour.  the only possible explanation is that 1) leo lied or 2) they really did make him an offer, but it was totally phony and only intended to mess things up inside artbell inc..
I think its no 2.