• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Marijuana

Started by Marc.Knight, March 20, 2010, 01:13:07 PM

wr250

Quote from: aldousburbank on September 17, 2014, 11:37:08 AM
[screed]
Yes, Cannabis can be medicinal for some people, debilitating for others. So what? Both of you get over it. It's a freekin plant. Screw your decrim and legalization AND medical exemption bullcrap. I'll grow buy snort or stick whatever plant in whatever of my own orifices that I choose, and whether you do or not, or whether you care that I do or not interests me less than who George is interviewing tonight. [\screed]

george doesnt do interviews. im not sure what you call what george does, but its not an interview.

aldousburbank

Quote from: wr250 on September 17, 2014, 11:42:59 AM
george doesnt do interviews. im not sure what you call what george does, but its not an interview.
My bad. I was unstoned at the moment. I shan't let it happen heretofore. 

wr250

Quote from: aldousburbank on September 17, 2014, 11:44:32 AM
My bad. I was unstoned at the moment. I shan't let it happen heretofore.

so you managed to smoke yourself straight?

Tarbaby

Smoking marijuana shrinks the penis?? You mean this monster of mine would be even bigger if I didn't imbibe? :o

maureen

Smoking marijuana in the mornings dries the sniffles... the cold virus incubates in the nasal mucosity, therefore, marijuana prevents colds.

and the song "Ain't Nobody's Business if I Do" seems so appropriate!!

salud!! ;)

zeebo

Quote from: Catsmile on September 17, 2014, 03:19:59 AM
...So much for reduced side effects theory, for drugs as medicine.
Any drug can have side effects, up to and including death.

The argument that pot should be illegal because of it's health effects is a joke.  Sure it's got some potentially harmful side effects, but so do lots of other drugs like tobacco, alcohol, pills ... as do certain activities such as driving, mountain-climbing, eating cheeseburgers, working 60 hours a week, etc.

The real reason the powers-that-be are afraid of it, is that it lowers motivation.  This terrifies them.  Instead of making you pumped up to grind more at work like caffeine, pot makes you want to hang out and listen to laid-back tunes and watch kung fu movies and munch on oreo's.  See they're telling you "We just want to keep you safe", but really they just want you to keep working like the little worker bees they need you to be, to keep the economy moving.

eddie dean

Quote from: zeebo on September 17, 2014, 02:37:23 PM
The argument that pot should be illegal because of it's health effects is a joke.  Sure it's got some potentially harmful side effects, but so do lots of other drugs like tobacco, alcohol, pills ... as do certain activities such as driving, mountain-climbing, eating cheeseburgers, working 60 hours a week, etc.

The real reason the powers-that-be are afraid of it, is that it lowers motivation.  This terrifies them.  Instead of making you pumped up to grind more at work like caffeine, pot makes you want to hang out and listen to laid-back tunes and watch kung fu movies and munch on oreo's.  See they're telling you "We just want to keep you safe", but really they just want you to keep working like the little worker bees they need you to be, to keep the economy moving.

I'll add, the government doesn't want creative people, high people, to think outside of the box, or realize there might be better solutions for the worlds problems. A world where wars are neverending and fear is used to keep the masses inline.
or
they want to keep all the good munchies for themselves!
I read somewhere that Homeland Security just ordered 2.6 million packages of double stuffed oreos. Why do they need so many? hummm

eyenoeyeno

Quote from: aldousburbank on September 16, 2014, 09:33:58 PM
Let freedom ring. Try again if no answer.

I thought you were all into voicemail these days

yumyumtree

Quote from: The General on September 16, 2014, 10:29:42 AM
Since pot was legalized in my fair state, and the war on tobacco continues to rage, I find it amusing how the aroma of skunk weed wafts through the air in the street, at sporting events, in public parks... and no one seems to mind.  If you light up a cigarette anywhere in the city, you are scowled at as though you have punted a cute dog through an open window.  So let me get this straight... cigarette smoke is full of toxic carcinogens and chemicals and should be eradicated.  Marijuana smoke is full of nutrients and life sustaining sunshine.  Ok. 

You know what I really love about marijuana?  It hobbles my competition.  Every other guitar tech I know smokes barnfulls of the stuff.  It kills their ambition and makes them complacent in their mediocrity.  It clouds their minds, dulls their judgement, and shrinks their penises.  I just love that.  Smoke up, suckers!

You know what I heard?  And I don't remember where--maybe it was even in this forum--that the idiotic smoking bans in parks and other public places around here are actually sneaky ways of clamping down on homeless people and loiterers, many of whom smoke.  I still hate the bans, and I don't smoke.  It's the self-righteousness. and yes, you're right, the contrast with the pot crowd gets increasingly ludicrous.

analog kid

Quote from: ksm32 on September 16, 2014, 11:55:34 PM
I, for the most part have nothing against the POT people. However, you folks always seem to be a little self righteous and love to point the negative finger at the drinking folk. They (we) don't do that to you.

Preach it brother. I've been around those types quite a lot in my day. They're about as irritatingly stiff as Mac zealots.

ksm32

Quote from: analog kid on September 17, 2014, 07:35:21 PM
They're about as irritatingly stiff as Mac zealots.

Have you ever had the pleasure of meeting a VEGAN POTHEAD?.. Their the woorrrrrssssst. They also have a kind of yellow jaundice tinge to their skin. Although, they are NEVER mean people. So that's good.

analog kid

Quote from: ksm32 on September 17, 2014, 09:10:07 PM
Have you ever had the pleasure of meeting a VEGAN POTHEAD?.. Their the woorrrrrssssst. They also have a kind of yellow jaundice tinge to their skin. Although, they are NEVER mean people. So that's good.

Luckily I haven't, but I'm familiar with the sallow skin and frizzy hair of vegans. I have vegetarians in the family, which I guess is a different thing. My brother is a Buddhist vegetarian who likes to tout his superior diet (he calls it "beautiful") and has been audibly disgusted at everything I eat. Which, I admit, I'm a human garbage can. He was never any kind of weed purist though, thankfully.

zeebo

Quote from: eddie dean on September 17, 2014, 03:47:05 PM
I'll add, the government doesn't want creative people, high people, to think outside of the box, or realize there might be better solutions for the worlds problems. A world where wars are neverending and fear is used to keep the masses inline. ...

Yep I agree, although what they fear is sort of self-correcting, in that the revolutionary ideas are often lost amongst other low-attention span moments such as figuring out microwave pizza instructions and interpreting the true cryptic meaning of the Teletubbies.   ::)

Zoo

Quote from: Marc.Knight on September 16, 2014, 07:49:41 AM
Ok pot heads... tell me how pure and harmless pot is.  Makes you smarter and more focused, right?

Yes, this clip is from FOX news:

http://video.foxnews.com/v/3786643350001/devastating-effects-of-teen-marijuana-use/#sp=show-clips

Well lets see no drugs are good for you. But pot is better for teens than Adderall and Adderall XR, Concerta, Dexedrine, Focalin and Focalin XR, Metadate CD and Metadate ER, Methylin and Methylin ER, Ritalin, Ritalin SR, Ritalin LA,Vyvanse, Daytrana, Quillivant XR. All which we give to kids like they are candy and have side effect ten times worse than pot. I am not even going to list the ones for depression. Lets worry about how many lives it ruins because it is illegal shall we. The war on drugs have done more harm than good and if you can not see that then you are blind. Hell LEAP is even against it being illegal!!1
http://www.leap.cc/
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/crime-courts/texas-teen-could-get-life-pot-brownie-operation-n112196
http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/06/opinion/branson-end-war-on-drugs/

zeebo

The naysayers are so against pot since they're afraid it'll make people lazy and unproductive.  However these same people don't mind if people zone out for hours on end watching mindless tv shows. 

What's the difference?  TV allows for massive amounts of advertising.  So then, just let 'em put friggin Taco Bell stickers on bongs and legalization may happen swiftly.

steelbot

Quote from: Marc.Knight on September 16, 2014, 07:49:41 AM
Ok pot heads... tell me how pure and harmless pot is.  Makes you smarter and more focused, right?

Yes, this clip is from FOX news:

http://video.foxnews.com/v/3786643350001/devastating-effects-of-teen-marijuana-use/#sp=show-clips
Toked from time i was 15 till i was 26, and now again for the last few years, have noticed no slow down in brain power...maybe a few dull moments but i've usually been good with recall.  Oh well, I think its def not for everyone, nor am I advocating Teens should try it, just that everyone's different and the effects are different for sure with a young mind.

Mr. Fidget

When I was on Art's show, I was (and still am) an advocate for legal reform around cannabis regulations. For it to be classified in the same category (schedule 1) as truly dangerous drugs is asinine. I was on Art's show in 1997, just after Prop. 215, the "Compassionate Use Act of 1996" was passed in California. I have (as an adult) had (consecutive) years I did, and (consecutive) years I did not smoke cannabis. I was fortunate not to use it as a child, and I feel that age restrictions (albeit difficult to enforce like alcohol restrictions) are appropriate for the protection of developing minds.
   Smoking some cannabis, no more makes you "a pothead" than drinking some alcohol makes you an "alcoholic." The key is moderation, too much of many things, can lead to difficulties.
   I am surprised this thread made it to page two, without anyone mentioning Jack Herer.
(http://www.jackherer.com)
   His longstanding, and free, guide to the history of cannabis is the best source I know of for a factual exploration of the issue. It can be found at:
http://www.jackherer.com/thebook/ and it contains the following chapters:

Chapter 1 â€" OVERVIEW OF THE HISTORY OF CANNABIS HEMP

Chapter 2 â€" BRIEF SUMMARY OF THE USES OF HEMP

Chapter 3 â€" NEW BILLION DOLLAR CROP

Chapter 4 â€" THE LAST DAYS OF LEGAL CANNABIS

Chapter 5 â€" MARIJUANA PROHIBITION

Chapter 6 â€" MEDICAL LITERATURE ON CANNABIS MEDICINE

Chapter 7 â€" THERAPEUTIC USE OF CANNABIS

Chapter 8 â€" HEMPSEED AS THE BASIC WORLD FOOD

Chapter 9 â€" ECONOMICS ENERGY & ENVIRONMENT

Chapter 10 â€" MYTH, MAGIC & MEDICINE

Chapter 11 â€" THE (HEMP) WAR OF 1812, NAPOLEON & RUSSIA

Chapter 12 â€" CANNABIS DRUG USE IN 19TH CENTURY AMERICA

Chapter 13 â€" PREJUDICE: MARIJUANA AND JIM CROW LAWS

Chapter 14 â€" MORE THAN SIXTY YEARS OF SUPPRESSION

Chapter 15 â€" THE OFFICIAL STORY: DEBUNKING “GUTTER SCIENCE”

Chapter 16 â€" THE EMPEROR’S NEW CLOTHES

If people want to discuss such a controversial topic, without the actual history involved, it won't be much of a discussion.

Cannabis is a food, fuel, and fiber... with many legitimate uses, including medication. In my mind it's a "case closed" issue, and the propaganda of the entrenched anti-legalization proponents is just FUDD. I'd consider looking at evidence-based explorations to the contrary, I don't see any. If you are holding out, and have "the silver bullet" of anti-cannabis positioning... by all means, post a link.

mf

Catsmile

Quote from: zeebo on September 17, 2014, 10:14:59 PM
The naysayers are so against pot since they're afraid it'll make people lazy and unproductive.  However these same people don't mind if people zone out for hours on end watching mindless tv shows. 

What's the difference?  TV allows for massive amounts of advertising.  So then, just let 'em put friggin Taco Bell stickers on bongs and legalization may happen swiftly.

TV induces and projects it's trips into your mind.
In USA... inducing your own trips, illegal! 

Check out the trip TV induced into OPs mind.
Where Faux News O'really is yammering the same old "the pot" propaganda.
I've heard, seen, read the same propaganda all my life.
I seen it on TV, it must be true.

10,000 years and "the pot" hasn't destroyed the world, or society.
Just a bunch of demonization since prohibition.   

This is also your brain on TV... any questions?
This Is Your Brain On Drugs (Original)

onan

No Marijuana isn't perfect. If that is the standard for acceptance... might as well just stay home.

Psychiatric medications including stimulants are not perfect either. But they do more good than harm.

zeebo

Quote from: steelbot on September 17, 2014, 10:53:28 PM
...have noticed no slow down in brain power...

Me either ... although sometimes it does seem like the world's sped up on me.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: MV on September 16, 2014, 12:43:06 PM
if someone cites this statistic, it's like they're suggesting the pro legalization crowd wants high schoolers to be out getting high.  i don't know of any legitimate participant in the legalization movement that wants this.  marc, this is like your 30th anti marijuana thread on this forum over the years, and i have to ask, why is this stuck in your craw, of all the things one could be upset about?

In some respects I favor legalization as it will probably mean a reduction in the percentage of people fascinated by the rebellious allure of pot.  I grew up in an area where over 50% of the people smoked pot regularly.  With that many people high all the time the ripple effects of societal and individual degradation become much more observable.  I can sum up the effect of unbridled pot use on our society in two words: "people suffer".  Starting with the domestic and international criminal activity to grow it, distribute it, to the effects on families,  - people suffer.  But, if you're just sitting there and lighting up, happy to get high one more time, none of this analytical shit matters, just - you - matter. 

I can also say that people love pot.  They love it so much that they will buy it instead of buying food and clothing for their kids.  They love it so much they'll drive for miles to buy it from some greasy shit head who does nothing but sell weed all day, and who knows the more serious criminals who sell it to him.

Intrinsically, I am not against pot, nor am I against those who want to innocently, privately and responsibly enjoy it.  But one has to be a seasoned pot-head to ignore the societal damage that we endure because of pot and other drugs (including booze, prescription drugs... you name it).

George Drooly

Jesus but pot-heads are the fucking worst. I'd rather be around meth addicts than reefer freaks.

eyenoeyeno

Quote from: George Drooly on September 21, 2014, 03:52:42 AM
Jesus but pot-heads are the fucking worst. I'd rather be around meth addicts than reefer freaks.

Heck no techno.  That's a bunch of nonsense, just utter nonsense.

eyenoeyeno

Quote from: ksm32 on September 16, 2014, 11:55:34 PM
I, for the most part have nothing against the POT people. However, you folks always seem to be a little self righteous and love to point the negative finger at the drinking folk. They (we) don't do that to you.

Well yeah.  It's easier to point with a hand holding a joint than a beer or glass.   ;)
Anyways,  drunks run stop signs while stoners are much more likely to wait for them to turn green ::)

Zoo

LEAP (Law Enforcement Against Prohibition) just read!!1

http://www.leap.cc/

ksm32

Quote from: eyenoeyeno on September 21, 2014, 07:09:44 PM
Anyways,  drunks run stop signs while stoners are much more likely to wait for them to turn green ::)

Unfortunately, they will sit through THREE!!!! greens, yellows, & reds before they realize anything has changed.  Thus creating road rage.  Now, I have to get out of my truck and confront the car load of munchies.  Hot Dogs, Corn Dogs, and all kind of crunchy salty snacks served in foil bags purchased at a local convenience store.

It's tooo much I say ;D

eyenoeyeno

Quote from: ksm32 on September 25, 2014, 01:15:47 AM
....all kind of crunchy salty snacks...

Mummmm salty snacks a are yummy

As well  as stop signs have no light cycle...

aldousburbank

Quote from: eyenoeyeno on September 21, 2014, 07:09:44 PM
Well yeah.  It's easier to point with a hand holding a joint than a beer or glass.   ;)
Drunk drivers are likely to leave little white memorial crosses on the highway while stoners are more likely to
...to uh, stay home and
...and uh, post junk on the interwebs.

Sometimes I find myself stopped at highway historical markers, waiting for them to turn green.