• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

EvB

Michael --

I am - JUST - old enough to be your Mom.  Forgive the Momism here - but you should be SO AMAZINGLY PROUD of what you have done!

You have two sites that are actually worth reading. 

You have gotten amazing traffic (okay - mostly from previous fans - but that is how it STARTS) at this site in less than a month,

You are providing a forum which - agree or disagree - live or die - promotes intellectual integrity.

That is a BIG DEAL!  PLEASE pLeAsE please be rightfully pleased with yourself.

You deserve it.

Truly, truly you do!

EB

MV/Liberace!

wow... not to get all gushy or anything here... but i've had a real arse-log of a day today and your message did alleviate some of it.  thank u for telling me that.  your $20 is in the mail.  oh, and today marks day number 9 for coastgab.com.  i must say i too am surprised at the level of participation in such a short time here.  however, i have a pretty solid marketing system in place, so the word does seem to get out rather well.  i hope it continues to grow.  i want this to be THE place for all of the world to unload their frustrations over borge snoory and the cat terd he drops in our laps every night.

Spikegirl

From the mouths of morons:
Noory: "Has a child ever been reincarnated to the point where he was possesed, that they lost who the little kid might have been?"- from interview with Carol Bowman, April 7, 2008 about reincarnation

Later in the same interview:

Snoory: "When I was very young, Carol, and I'm talking 11, 12, or 13 years old, I believed in reincarnation and I'm gonna ask you a 2 fold question here. I believed in reincarnation and I also believed that we would continue to reincarnate until we reached perfection. Having been raised a Catholic, ah, you know I believe in the Heaven and hell theory. Don't know quite what they are, but I believed that perfection was heaven and I always did, at a younger age, and I kept saying to myself, OK you just keep coming back and each time you do, you get better and better and better. And I used to tell myself, I'd say "the mere fact George, little 12 year old, that you are even thinking about this tells me that you've reached a certain level that you may not be coming back much more."

Carol:"You wish George."

Snoory is an attention whore and continued to fish for compliments, however. A few minutes later in the interview he said: "How could a little 11 or 12 year old boy, even think about what I was thinking about?"

Carol: "Because it's true."

Sorry, George. No ass kissing for you that night.

Looks like you did ruffle some feathers, lnrrgb. I think what you're saying is that George is a pawn, but you don't hold it against him, and you still can stomach the show. Not many on this board can, and when we can, we're not as forgiving!

Charles

lnrrgb your living in a fantasy world ... hope you snap out of it okay. :-\

lnrrgb

Ahhh...:) some see the light... (well, one, so far).

I think it all turned around for me when I heard that show where Ian sat patiently, quietly, letting some guest do his whole spiel, because the guest had asked that he be allowed to direct his own thoughts, and if there were still questions, then no one should listen to him, because he failed at his task. Well Ian let the guy talk, then quickly let him exit the show. Ian explained why, after he came back from the break - how he was vaguely insulted, and well, blah blah bla... anyway, somewhere in there he explained about how the guests were asked to send in 20 questions they would like to be asked....

Thats when it all fell in place for me. Yes, I am a dumbass sometimes, and should have picked up on how george ran his show. Once I knew about how he formatted his actions, I started looking at the show differently, listening a bit differently.

I may get into this deeper somewhere else on the board, but I figured I'd show my true colors first, so a handful of you could start preparing the fire pit, and sharpening those spits.:)

EvB

Quote from: lnrrgb on April 16, 2008, 03:26:04 AM

I think it all turned around for me when I heard that show where Ian sat patiently, quietly, letting some guest do his whole spiel, because the guest had asked that he be allowed to direct his own thoughts, and if there were still questions, then no one should listen to him, because he failed at his task. Well Ian let the guy talk, then quickly let him exit the show. Ian explained why, after he came back from the break - how he was vaguely insulted, and well, blah blah bla...

Which show was that?  Do you recall what guest?  I'm not of the 100% faithful - I miss a lot - so I'm curious.  I'd like to know more, particularly if this show is still available at the site.

From last night's show, here's two for you guys  -

1. "That was *insert guests name here* and she's a geophysicillist....."

2. " Geophysicists have predicted that the chance of a major, severe earthquake hitting the west-coast within the next 30 years is 99%. That's almost 100% folks."

Now while # 2 is a classic in the style of Nooryism and one of the reasons I find him entertaining, I don't like making fun of #1 because it was a speech flub, and I don't know if Noory had to overcome some physical obstacle to get where he is today. However, I thought I should point it out because it is part of the expected phenomena from George, along with the always waiting in the wings question about "interdimensional ghosts of robotic aliens".

I'm thinking of taking on the daunting task of posting entertaining tid-bits *insert punch-line here* and possibly overviews of George's nightly show for you guys to mull over and/or tear apart.  The reason I call it daunting is that I have tried it all this week and have had some trouble keeping my attention focused for a full program *insert punch-line or comment here*. If anyone feels up to adding any info or comments on a particular show please feel free. Not only is this an important intelligence gathering mission*insert punch-line here*, it'll also help "out" all those closet Night Hawk lovers! (Concerning my own feelings on Noory - I'm not here because I hate George, but because I love Art).

The kinds of things I'll be looking for are: Nooryisms, keyword usage i.e. "portals" or "ghosts of interdimensional alien robots/robotic aliens", how Noory deals with and steers a particular guest or listener, and the (possible) entertainment or informative level of a guest/show.

Don't expect total vigilance in my efforts, but I will try to keep it updated regularly.

One positive thing to report is that on Tuesday's or Wednesday's show, George announced that Art has been Nominated to the National Radio Hall of Fame for being an industry pioneer, and that C2C will be campaigning heavily for him. Hooray for Art!

ArtBellFan

I posted the info on Art's nomination in the Art Bell Awareness thread and how to voite if you feel so inclined, here is the link.
http://coastgab.com/index.php?topic=58.0

C2C Thursday, April 17

Guests were:

Author John Gray("Men Are From Mars,Women are from Venus.") who provided some information about supplements, aging and Brain Function.

Whitley Strieber and Craig Spector.  Sounded like it may have been interesting( some cattle mutilation talk), but i passed out 20 minutes after they were introduced.

P.S. - THANK YOU "ARTBELLFAN"! 

ArtBellFan

If you want more info on Whitley's latest adventure, comic book no less go to www.unknowncountry.com
I am sure you are aware but if not you can download his weekly show there, here is this weekends schedule:

The Knights Templar: SUPER Secrets!

Karen Ralls is a hidden but extraordinary expert on the Knights Templar. Listen to this remarkable interview as William Henry uses his own expert knowledge of the mysterious Templars to get deeply into their secrets with Karen. Then Linda Moulton Howe offers a series of news updates on grain seed shortages, biofuel backfires, increasing hunger in 37 poor countries and implications for 2009 and beyond.

Visit Karen Ralls' website here. http://www.ancientquest.com/

Not Just for UnknownCountry.com Subscribers

The subscriber interview this week is also available as a Dreamland Special in position 5 of the Windows Media Player, so that non-subscribers can learn more about why the Dreamland Festival is being held in Nashville.

William Henry and Anne Strieber talk together about the city of Nashville, and its unusual place on the face of the earth. This fascinating city isn't just the world capital of country music, it's also located on a power spot of great importance on this planet--and is filled with monuments that relate to that fact.

William has discovered from the architects that most of them had no idea--or claim to have had no idea--of the significance of what they were building. And yet, they built them according to ancient designs that relate directly to the significance of places like Nashville.

So, learn more about this power spot from a man who knows, and find out why the Dreamland Festival is being held there.

Spikegirl

Quote from: lnrrgb on April 16, 2008, 03:26:04 AM
Ahhh...:) some see the light... (well, one, so far).

I think it all turned around for me when I heard that show where Ian sat patiently, quietly, letting some guest do his whole spiel, because the guest had asked that he be allowed to direct his own thoughts, and if there were still questions, then no one should listen to him, because he failed at his task. Well Ian let the guy talk, then quickly let him exit the show. Ian explained why, after he came back from the break - how he was vaguely insulted, and well, blah blah bla... anyway, somewhere in there he explained about how the guests were asked to send in 20 questions they would like to be asked....

Thats when it all fell in place for me. Yes, I am a dumbass sometimes, and should have picked up on how george ran his show. Once I knew about how he formatted his actions, I started looking at the show differently, listening a bit differently.

I may get into this deeper somewhere else on the board, but I figured I'd show my true colors first, so a handful of you could start preparing the fire pit, and sharpening those spits.:)

I remember this show. This was one time that I was very irked with Ian. I normally like him, but I found him to be petty and condescending to the guest that time. I have read other people's takes on this situation and normally they take Ian's side, but I think the guest was right.

Here's my take on it. EvaB, the guest that night was Maurice Cotterell. Maurice is a spiritual man who had a theory of God and tried to explain it. He was trying to explain reincarnacion and why we keep coming back again and again to experience different things and learn different lessons. Then, Ian pulled a Snoory and asked some silly question; something to the effect of "Why would some people come to suffer when they could be rich instead and have a good life?" or something to that effect. Ian had missed the point that Maurice was trying to make, i.e. perhaps one needs to experience hunger and grief to develop empthy or to be able to overcome these adversities. Ian's question was kind of short sighted. Maurice said that Ian was not even in the ballpark with his question, he was outside in the parking lot. Maurice told Ian that he will take Ian into the stadium and break it down for him, piece by piece, and if at the end of this analysis, Ian still had questions, then Maaurice would not have done a good job at explaining his own theory.

Well, Ian must have been PMS'ing that night, because he took umbrage at this *affront* and told Maurice that if there were no questions allowed, then to give his spiel and they would end the interview there. I have streamilink and listened to this exchange twice, to make sure I had not misunderstood what had happened. Ian let Maurice speak for about 20 minutes uninterupted then thanked him and said goodnight. Afterwards, Ian said something like the guests are supposed to send in 20 questions and Maurice never sent his in and then told Ian he did not wan to be asked any questions. That's not exactly what happened, but like I said, Ian must have been feeling sensitive that night.

ArtBellFan

Thank you spikegirl, I totally agree, in fact I rarely listen to Ian anymore, number one don't like his guests, number two don't think he is funny, number three he is to hard on his guests and number four and most importantly he has no respect for his listeners any longer, have you noticed the way he starts the show now, mumbling about some ridiculous thing and doesn't acknowledge the audience, just where would he be without the listeners........don't know what happened but it is very obvious he doesn't like what he is doing.

Spikegirl

Quote from: ArtBellFan on April 18, 2008, 05:23:14 PM
Thank you spikegirl, I totally agree, in fact I rarely listen to Ian anymore, number one don't like his guests, number two don't think he is funny, number three he is to hard on his guests and number four and most importantly he has no respect for his listeners any longer, have you noticed the way he starts the show now, mumbling about some ridiculous thing and doesn't acknowledge the audience, just where would he be without the listeners........don't know what happened but it is very obvious he doesn't like what he is doing.

I have noticed! I don't like it either. He used to begin the show with some saying about being a nightwatchman or something like that. Now I feel like I must have missed the first few minutes of the show or something, even though I know I did not. He just launches right in, no how do you do!

I never liked Ian, but I can't remember exactly why (charisma vacuum comes to mind); this weekend is gonna be a prime chance to find out why again(or maybe change my opinion).  I've never heard George Knapp though and would love to hear a few of his shows. Hearing a Hilly broadcast from yesteryear would be nice too.

ArtBellFan

George Knapp was suppose to be on this Sunday, don't know what happened but he should be on next week, you are going to love him, smart, articulate, well informed and prepared, kind of like Art Bell.:) 

Have a hard time listening to Hilly Rose, I subscribe to his weekly on line shows, he just asks too many irreverent questions and speaks so slowly, I always want to finish his sentences for him.

If you want to hear Hilly's recent shows you can find them here.  www.fatemag.com

exC2Cfan

Quote from: ArtBellFan on April 18, 2008, 06:20:08 PM
Have a hard time listening to Hilly Rose, I subscribe to his weekly on line shows, he just asks too many irreverent questions and speaks so slowly, I always want to finish his sentences for him.

If you want to hear Hilly's recent shows you can find them here.  www.fatemag.com

What I like about Hilly Rose is that he holds his guests' feet to the fire when what they say doesn't make sense--he asks tough questions, something George Noory never does.

What I don't like about the show, and the reason I seldom listen, is that the guests are almost impossible to hear. Apparently no one involved with the show knows how to use a volume knob. You can hear Hilly Rose ask a question, but then the guest's answer will be almost inaudible unless you put you ear directly to the speaker. Another thing I don't like is that one of Hilly Rose's regular guests is a Fate mag writer well known for being an ex-Nazi and pedophile: http://www.flavinscorner.com/collin.htm

ArtBellFan

QuoteWhat I like about Hilly Rose is that he holds his guests' feet to the fire when what they say doesn't make sense--he asks tough questions, something George Noory never does.

You are right about that, but he also asks obvious questions, having said that I did go to his site and downloaded his last four shows tonight, will give it a shot again.

Agreed.  I just listened to the latest show up at his page. Same old Hilly I (vaguely) remember.  I like the ol' timer voice, soothing; he kept it down to earth and did some graceful challenging,but he did also lob a couple of floaters.  I also listened to the Jeff Rense show, but it was some David guy filling in. I got a heavy Alex Jones + Rush Limbaugh type of a vibe format-wise. Not really my thing but I'll listen to hear how Rense himself sounds. Gotta love that hair - WOW.

EvB

Well - one thing that may shed some light on my attitude to Ian is that I am what my brother calls "Catholic Lite"  I was baptized Lutheran as an adult (long story haven to do with not having been baptized as a child due to my family's habit of doing more than one kid at a time - and my being #7 with no "partner" to do the ceremony with -- odd number you know!)

Later - once I had had a child of my own and I sent him to a Lutheran after-school program (it was small - and the best one available) - where he ended up wanting very badly to be part of the pack (pageants and ceremony is often attractive to six year olds) we both went through the Easter Vidgil baptismal right.  It WAS cool - I count it as a high point of our family life - but having been rasied - in a casual off-and-on-again New England Congregational (ie: much more "plain" and Calvinist) it was a MAJOR challenge on perspective for me.

Lome story and personal evolution - mostly having to do with the pastor fo the Lutheran Church we attendeed - drove me to the Episcopal church - VERY different some in ceremony (in this area they just don't have such good music darn it all!) minor differences in theology

All that given - I related very strongly to Ian's "Modern Social Gospel & Catholic Lite" approach to things.

The point is-my love for Ian may have more to do with shared life experience than with objective evaluation of a radio host

C2C Friday, April 18 -
    Missed the first hour due to an overlap from the Hilly Rose show I was listening to compounded with my introduction to the ufoship collection of Art's bumper tunes. Open lines rest of the night. First mention of the Illuminati-2:58 a.m.EST. The gem of the night came @ around 2:35 a.m.EST. A caller relates a story told to him many years ago by his sister regarding being alone w/ a friend in the friend's isolated rural house.  A semi tractor-trailer proceeds to pull up near the house and as the girls are looking out the window to discern the "truckers" intents after calling the local sheriff, they realize the "trucker" is watching the same show they are.
Caller - "The thing is, they could look out and see his little tv in the truck - they could see his silhouette"
George - "Was he a human?"
This was the end of the call leading into the break,where George left us with -"One thing we do know nowadays is......People are being watched......But why?"

ArtBellFan

Evb don't understand where you are coming from, Ian rarely talks about his personal religion thank "GOD" that is not why I listen to Coast, or should say when I listen to him, now tonight with Steven Quayle should be a good show, his guests recently have left much to be desired, tomorrow night I will pass, not interested in Polygamy.

EvB

Quote from: ArtBellFan on April 19, 2008, 09:11:09 AM
Evb don't understand where you are coming from, Ian rarely talks about his personal religion thank "GOD" that is not why I listen to Coast, or should say when I listen to him, now tonight with Steven Quayle should be a good show, his guests recently have left much to be desired, tomorrow night I will pass, not interested in Polygamy.

It's subtle.  It's an attitude.  There are certain phrases I recognize and feel comfortable with which would not strike someone with a different take on where they come fro the same way.  And no, I don't mean he's got some sort of subliminal influence thing going on, it's a bit like recognizing certain phrsing from your old neighborhood which, while not unheard of, are uncommon. 

Example:  If someone here referred to Art Bell as "Wicked Smart" - I'd immediately think "Boston, gotta be from Boston."

slipstream

Quote from: PhantasticSanShiSan on April 19, 2008, 06:52:03 AM
Caller - "The thing is, they could look out and see his little tv in the truck - they could see his silhouette"
George - "Was he a human?"
This was the end of the call leading into the break,where George left us with -"One thing we do know nowadays is......People are being watched......But why?"

I woke up in the middle of the night and started listening to the repeat.  I knew when I heard this someone would have to mention it here.  My eyes were rolling  ::)  Good grief

C2C Monday, April 21 -

First Hour is Dr. Allen Hamilton talking about medical mishaps in the operating room. Interesting stuff and pretty scary. Second Hour Rev. Irvin Baxter outlines how the Revelations prophecies are being fulfilled. Possibly exciting if it was the first time you heard it.  Lackluster night as far as things to laugh at go, and so I'd say George's Gem would be his Purina commercial where he asks listeners to take the Purina challenge and tells us "I took the Purina Challenge awhile ago, actually switching to Dry Food.....and the changes I can see are amazing!". Not exactly funny in itself, but slightly hilarious if taken out of context.

moop

During the show about medical mishaps they were discussing harvesting organs from dead people for transplant. George asked "Do the organs die if they're not put on ice right away?"