• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on December 19, 2013, 07:36:10 PM
We have far better access to the means of both gold and silver mining. We have a giant check against them because we are a major customer and if they tried any of that we would shift production to Mexico and South America and they would be absolutely crushed.
The largest crisis facing China right now is the fact that the cost of workers is increasing rapidly, so much so that its almost cheaper to put a factory in Mexico. Then you add in all the costs for shipping (the ships make no money on the way back to China) and insuring and South America becomes even more profitable. There is a reason the Chinese are building a canal in Latin America.

We can get it here for far less than shipping back from the moon. That doesn't count properly gathering it and storing it and the massive amount of maintenance that goes into a drilling operation.
I think this is mainly national pride and science. As far as staking claims, maybe, but look at all the trouble they have staking claims 60 miles off their coast they have lived on for 3000 years.
Redundancy costs money, lots and lots of money. Its one of the main reasons the military is so expensive. On space exploration vessels, even 1/2 a pound of weight for equipment is hotly fought over by scientists.  Everyone wants to get their piece of equipment there.

Its just too logistically expensive.

We can mine gold, but not fast enough. China can sink us in one day with that method, you won't have two months to mine more and stick it in Fort Knox. And even if you did, with what money will the government buy it? The USD will be  hyperinflationary, while the mines want Euros or Yuan for their product instead of wheelbarrows of USD. None of this is new, happened to the Weimar Republic, post-Soviet Russia, etc.

China negated our consumer power with huge trade contracts with the EU. They've got money coming from more than one direction now, and they proven this with increasing military tensions with Japan. The very fact that China is running low on resources and feels pressure to continue the rise in standards of living for its population makes it dangerous. They're everywhere, buying up resources in Africa, Latin America, etc. and creating trade links and influence with all of them. I recently saw a highway in Jamaica that the Chinese built just for such a deal. Countries that need resources have historically become expansionist in order to get them and China's certainly building up one hell of a military for something.

What local sources of helium III? A large part of the supply comes from dismantling nuclear weapons where it accumulates in the core. The rest comes from the decay of Tritium, or the bombardment of Lithium-6 with neutrons in weapons materials production reactors. We're already running low on the stuff for use in its pre-existent uses to the point that it's gone from $100/liter to $2000/liter in a matter of a few years. At that rate of rise, and the fact that no one wants to make a bunch of new bomb cores just to produce Helium isotopes, it won't take much before the moon's ready surface supply becomes viable.

We already use redundancy on science missions. That's how we can have a Mars rover designed for three months of work still running after 9 years. There was a certain level of redundancy and thinking on how to keep it from failing (and luck). Same with the ISS, Curiosity, all of them bear the level of engineering needed to last a very long time. This isn't a can't be done method, it's an already been done method, and expense is simply a matter of how much whatever you're going for is worth. Make the human race's electrical production a choice between a mixed bag of awful "green" technologies and really pricey power (where we're at now and getting worse) and abundant clean power production and we'll go for it. This will be the big news of the 2020's after ITER goes online, and we will be the last in position to obtain what we need.

There's no such thing as logistically too expensive. That was the main argument against Apollo, and, well, there it was. Any time anyone's ever said it, they've usually turned out wrong and left in a bad position if there is a benefit to be gained. It's really only a matter of how bad you need the benefit, and electrical power generation is probably the biggest concern of the human race at large. You can't do anything else without it.

Even Chinese nationalism should be a concern, if that's all it is. But I doubt it, they've always been forward thinking in a longer term than we are. That happens when your politicians aren't elected and aren't term limited.

Morgus

Oh-no, Noory just mentioned on the air that something happened to George Knapp, but wouldn't give any details.
So he is putting in guests host on the Sunday nights Knapp would have hosted until further notice...

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: onan on December 19, 2013, 08:12:48 PM
yeah but you have to get the missile there first. Then once fired at some point on the Earth, we have a mere 36 hours minimum to track it...

Easy, multiple launches to build it. All you need is for it to be there to use it to your diplomatic advantage. That's happened before, missiles in Cuba, boomer submarines, etc. The real use of weapons like that are manipulation, rather than use.

Track it and do what? You destroy missiles in their launch phase. There's not much you can do during their ballistic reentry phase. Maybe lasers or something to disable it in space would work, but there was barely enough political will for Bush's missile shield. I don't know that we'd have it for another Star Wars program. Maybe Russia would.

michio

Quote from: Morgus on December 20, 2013, 12:39:16 AM
Oh-no, Noory just mentioned on the air that something happened to George Knapp, but wouldn't give any details.
So he is putting in guests host on the Sunday nights Knapp would have hosted until further notice...

sNoory must be scraping the bottom of the barrel of hosts to find these temps.  666 is the best he could do? Mr. Knapp, good buddy, get well soon and get back on the air. I implore you, sir.

You are the best of them, George Knapp.  Get well and return soon.

EBE123

Quote from: Seraphim27 on December 17, 2013, 01:19:43 AM
I kind of like her, although everything's making me jittery and "adrenalating" me now.

I enjoyed hearing about George's concealed weapon permit. Don't mess with him!

George doesn't sound like he likes her very much.

His response to her deep concern about video games: "In my day all we played was pong. Boop boop boop boop boop boop." â€" George Noory. Game over.

It's funny how the guest said that she couldn't play Pong because she was epileptic, but she still plays other games and they don't make her have a seizure. She also said .22s had a kick. lol

DanTSX

Quote from: nooryisawesome on December 19, 2013, 11:53:34 PM
Lol at the Christmas show

Join George Noory as he tries to figure out who's behind the Secret Door. Each half hour a different guest will do their best to stump George as he tries to guess their identity, and share holiday messages and stories.

Are you fucking kidding me?

It will be Hoagland in assless chaps wearing a Santa hat and doing a flamenco dance with Linda moulton howe.   2 nd hour lame dames wearing nothing but pantyhose and a gimp mask in a C&B torture session with his latest Ukraine import, slutlania.  Hour 3.  Whitley weeber squating over a mirror sans pants wondering how the visitors knew about goatse.   Hour 4. Yup open lines.  Fake JC and UFO Phil zzzzzzzZzzzzz

DanTSX

Quote from: Tommy TwoTons on December 19, 2013, 11:54:56 PM
Albrecht irritates the living hell out of me.  She takes important and relevant issues like privacy, surveillance and the usage of RFID technology and makes a mockery of it all with her constant "OMG, mark of the beast!!1!" bible bleating.  That's just one more show I won't be suffering through.

The last show I semi-listened to was "Dr" Mona Lisa Overdrive and the idiot who followed her.  I recall throwing a slipper at the radio no less than three times that night, good Gord...

I may have to tune in tonight to see what Linda M"(utilated animals)" Howe thinks she knows about Snowden.  Her repeated "quote", "unquote" drone will likely put me to sleep anyway.

Rectal core removal

Nebraska888

I am really worried......this sounds serious.

Tommy TwoTons

Quote from: DanTSX on December 20, 2013, 07:39:45 AM
It will be Hoagland in assless chaps wearing a Santa hat and doing a flamenco dance with Linda moulton howe.   2 nd hour lame dames wearing nothing but pantyhose and a gimp mask in a C&B torture session with his latest Ukraine import, slutlania.  Hour 3.  Whitley weeber squating over a mirror sans pants wondering how the visitors knew about goatse.   Hour 4. Yup open lines.  Fake JC and UFO Phil zzzzzzzZzzzzz

(That is funny as hell!)

Tommy TwoTons

Quote from: Nebraska888 on December 20, 2013, 07:44:49 AM
I am really worried......this sounds serious.

I hope he'll be okay.  I even tried looking for local Vegas stories and still couldn't find any info.  This sucks, get well soon GK.

aldousburbank

Allright George, what the fuck did you do to George?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: aldousburbank on December 20, 2013, 08:04:46 AM

That scene from Deliverance has a bit of a follow up story apparently. The guy on the ground was pretty traumatised over it, cos the other guy was in character a bit too much..Burt Reynolds had to stop a fight.

DanTSX

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 20, 2013, 08:08:54 AM
That scene from Deliverance has a bit of a follow up story apparently. The guy on the ground was pretty traumatised over it, cos the other guy was in character a bit too much..Burt Reynolds had to stop a fight.

He must be one of those homophobes

expat

Quote from: Tommy TwoTons on December 19, 2013, 11:54:56 PM
Her repeated "quote", "unquote" drone will likely put me to sleep anyway.

It's even worse -- it's "quote" .... "close quote". Yecchhhh.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: DanTSX on December 20, 2013, 08:33:07 AM
He must be one of those homophobes

Probably more to do with him thinking a rape scene had too much method acting.

tertiaryimam

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on December 20, 2013, 12:25:57 AM
Even Chinese nationalism should be a concern, if that's all it is. But I doubt it, they've always been forward thinking in a longer term than we are. That happens when your politicians aren't elected and aren't term limited.

I hate to be the one to do this, but the Industrial Revolution started in Europe, not China. And there is a good reason for this. Despite the fact that East Asians generally outscore Anglos on any and every I.Q. test, and despite the fact that China had a well-entrenched and glorious civilization while Europe was languishing in abject darkness, there is a fundamental flaw in Chinese culture and in the Chinese mindset which means they will always take a backseat to the Eurosphere.

And, no, it is not "forward thinking." It is the desire to please one's elders at all costs. Whereas in Europe --- and the former European colonies --- the elderly are rightly treated as second class citizens, in China they are treated as living deities. The Chinese word for this is "Buddha." And insofar as China is obsessed with making old people smile, they will overlook the dementia of their elderly leaders. And if there is anything which will handicap a human futurity in space, it is demented old Chinese commissars. Trust me, this whole China-to-the-Moon scenario is laughable and Europe will always be King of the Stars, just as she has always been.

As the Chinese leadership ages and becomes more demented and senile, you will see Chinese policy grow even more demented and senile. Their recent ignorant designs on Moon travel were likely dreamed up in the alzheimers-addled brain of an elderly Chinese comrade while he was trying to get the damned remote to work at the rest home --- which the Chinese call "Pagoda." If the young Chinese upstart industrialists say "no" to him, his smile withers, and he has them each cut off a finger in atonement. You can attribute their building roads in Jamaica to their senility, too, for we all know that Jamaicans are too stoned to drive.

Remember, also, that in the days of the Roman Empire the elderly were killed and eaten when they became a burden, and every Emperor was forced to abdicate as soon as he crashed his golf cart into an embankment. This is why we rule the world, and not the Chinese, or the French.

ItsOver

I hope it's nothing serious with Knapp.   It's very disappointing he won't be hosting. 

I think we can safely assume Knapp's absence has nothing to do with the improper consumption of pizza rolls.

Nebraska888

Quote from: Tommy TwoTons on December 20, 2013, 08:00:33 AM
I hope he'll be okay.  I even tried looking for local Vegas stories and still couldn't find any info.  This sucks, get well soon GK.

I did the same.......there's no news of Knapp in Las Vegas papers or websites......not a word from his television station.  Let's hope that Noory is exaggerating (ala' pizza roll story)......however, I remain very concerned.    :-\

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 20, 2013, 08:08:54 AM

But was there penetration?

alger

Knapp's ratings must be surpassing Noory's 

Tommy TwoTons

Quote from: aldousburbank on December 20, 2013, 08:04:46 AM

I first looked at this on my phone, and I thought it was Alex Jones ;D

Tommy TwoTons

Quote from: expat on December 20, 2013, 08:59:19 AM
It's even worse -- it's "quote" .... "close quote". Yecchhhh.

You're right, and I realized my mis-type over and over... ugh.  I like how she shuts down the Nooron, though.  He'll interject one of his useless babble phrases and she just ignores him and keeps talking over him :D

Nebraska888

Let's hope that Noory  has made more of Knapp's absence than necessary.  However, even though Knapp is private, if it were a minor health issue, you'd think he would explain what is happening.

I am worried......

BobGrau

I think Knapp has pissed him off somehow and now noory's trying a conshosness hexperiment.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Paper*Boy on December 19, 2013, 09:01:23 PM

The US has far and away more gold reserves than anyone else at over 8100 metric tonnes.

China is 5th with just over 1000 tonnes.

Very old numbers, China's bought more than 1150 tons this year alone that was traceable and has also become the world's largest producer of gold, mining it at a rate higher than any other natural resource is currently mined by anyone, anywhere. 

DanTSX

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on December 20, 2013, 10:47:01 PM
Very old numbers, China's bought more than 1150 tons this year alone that was traceable and has also become the world's largest producer of gold, mining it at a rate higher than any other natural resource is currently mined by anyone, anywhere.

Gold is a waste of resources.

ziznak

uhg i just checked coasts homepage to see if there was anything interesting happenin tongiht.... nope... same ol psychic suckage and then let the old ladies and meth heads call in.