• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

zeebo

What language is this guest speaking?  It doesn't sound like Merican.  Isn't New Zealand somewhere near jazmunda?  I wish he were here to translate.

Tommy TwoTons

Quote from: zeebo on December 12, 2013, 01:53:18 AM
What language is this guest speaking?  It doesn't sound like Merican.  Isn't New Zealand somewhere near jazmunda?  I wish he were here to translate.

I nearly spit water on the cat!  Damn you :D

This caller just rustled Jorch's jimmies, hahaha.

Falkie2013

Quote from: Tommy TwoTons on December 11, 2013, 11:58:28 PM
True.  Maybe even portals!

I wonder what his "...Whats the ONE thing" query will be tonight, heh.

An aside: I've been on the west coast now for 20 years, but I still refer to myself as an east coast transplant (and feel that way!  Goddamn PC assholes in the PNW *grumble*...)  Manhattan represent!  I'll always be an east coast girl.

We now return you to Jorch's regularly scheduled suckage, pardon my detour.

" From the suckway to the West, its Crap to Crap AM ! "

I was amused to find awhile back a Phineas and Ferb book where they go to Mars and use a portal to do it.

I sent a copy of the book to RCH just to see what he'd react to it.

I also sent him a copy of Spaceopoly. I had no idea it was going for $51 on Amazon. The box of the copy I got had some creases in it, but all the pieces and board were intact. I got it for a $1 at the ARF thrift store.

No word from RCH yet. He may be snowed in where he was. He told me he might get to the post office this week, thus the impression I got.

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/13361/spaceopoly

[attachment deleted by admin]

ZHero

Quote from: Tommy TwoTons on December 12, 2013, 01:56:20 AM
I nearly spit water on the cat!  Damn you :D

This caller just rustled Jorch's jimmies, hahaha.
YEAH YEAH YEAH!  Snoory got called on something he said and George got all mumbly/stumbly/ grumbly. The (pure gold) the guest took the callers side when he said the caller had a good heart!
EAT IT SNOORY!!!!!

Tommy TwoTons

Quote from: Falkie2013 on December 12, 2013, 01:59:54 AM

I was amused to find awhile back a Phineas and Ferb book where they go to Mars and use a portal to do it.

That has a nice ring to it, Falkie.  I like it!

Did RCH ever reply re: the book?

zeebo

Quote from: Tommy TwoTons on December 12, 2013, 01:45:59 AM
That guy is so damned annoying!  It's been a while since Tammy has let him get through, hasn't it?

Damn Bill the AAA from West Hartford.  He seems to get on all the time, but maybe I just have bad luck.  To paraphrase "Yes I have a six-part question dealing with various nuances of galactic formation theory as postulated in Dr. Whatever's white paper in the scientific journal Who-Gives-A-Fuck and  and how it relates to Einstein's hyperbolic time-space curvatures in terms of relativistic spacial geometries .. but before I get to that let me read a quick excerpt from the lecture notes from Dr. Who-Friggin-Cares-Oh-God-Please-Kill-Me  where she mentioned that a closed-system universal hyperspace wormhole is possible but not probable, ok starting with section 5b which people can find on the internet and I recommend they review it as it is somewhat controversial in it's theoretical underpinnings, ok so, here it is, section 5b, subsection 924, and ...."

Tommy TwoTons

Quote from: ZHero on December 12, 2013, 02:01:15 AM
YEAH YEAH YEAH!  Snoory got called on something he said and George got all mumbly/stumbly/ grumbly. The (pure gold) the guest took the callers side when he said the caller had a good heart!
EAT IT SNOORY!!!!!

That made listening to the whole 2 hrs worth it!

No turkey sammich for Tammy tonight.  Jorch will make him sit on the curb outside the 7-11 & watch while he eats his pizza rolls.

tertiaryimam

Hey Falkie, how ya been? How's the cold and the cats?

Tommy TwoTons

Quote from: zeebo on December 12, 2013, 02:07:35 AM
Damn Bill the AAA from West Hartford.  He seems to get on all the time, but maybe I just have bad luck.  To paraphrase "Yes I have a six-part question dealing with various nuances of galactic formation theory as postulated in Dr. Whatever's white paper in the scientific journal Who-Gives-A-Fuck and  and how it relates to Einstein's hyperbolic time-space curvatures in terms of relativistic spacial geometries .. but before I get to that let me read a quick excerpt from the lecture notes from Dr. Who-Friggin-Cares-Oh-God-Please-Kill-Me  where she mentioned that a closed-system universal hyperspace wormhole is possible but not probable, ok starting with section 5b which people can find on the internet and I recommend they review it as it is somewhat controversial in it's theoretical underpinnings, ok so, here it is, section 5b, subsection 924, and ...."

You nailed it perfectly!  I have a picture of what Bill looks like in my mind's eye, and it's a cross between Milton from Office Space and Ernest Borgnine.

Falkie2013

Quote from: tertiaryimam on December 12, 2013, 02:11:10 AM
Hey Falkie, how ya been? How's the cold and the cats?

Cats are fine, though Fluffy cat for some reason has taken to attacking one of the full grown kittens which is really pissing me off.
And I can't get audacity to record sounds and my voice.
>:(

Waiting for sunday. Another thrilling Genius Bar visit.
G*d, I need a Macbook/Ibook or an Ipad.
That will come next year.
Of course, when I get it, Apple will come out with a new one a week later just to piss me off.
Like the did with my new IMac when I got it.

Here's a video of the new World Tower sound. What do you people think it is ?

https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=f78sDMlufFs&feature=youtu.be

Tommy TwoTons

It does not bode well when the guest has to lecture us to suspend our disbelief ("the little voice in our heads" that calls bullshit on these people!) before she begins her book peddling...

tertiaryimam

Quote from: Falkie2013 on December 12, 2013, 02:19:00 AM

I've had that problem, too. Its a fairly easy fix --- at least on a PC --- but if you haven't worked with audacity before it isn't something you'd necessarily think of off the top of your head. I had to look it up.

http://www.podfeet.com/blog/tutorials-5/audacity-setup-for-podcasting/

I don't know if you've seent hat or not, but it's worth a shot.

tertiaryimam

Quote from: Falkie2013 on December 12, 2013, 02:19:00 AM
Cats are fine, though Fluffy cat for some reason has taken to attacking one of the full grown kittens which is really pissing me off.
>:(

Waiting for sunday. Another thrilling Genius Bar visit.
G*d, I need a Macbook/Ibook or an Ipad.
That will come next year.
Of course, when I get it, Apple will come out with a new one a week later just to piss me off.
Like the did with my new IMac when I got it.

Here's a video of the new World Tower sound. What do you people think it is ?

https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=f78sDMlufFs&feature=youtu.be

This link:

1 World Trade Center Wailing in the Wind

I like those kinds of sounds.

zeebo

Quote from: Tommy TwoTons on December 12, 2013, 02:24:42 AM
It does not bode well when the guest has to lecture us to suspend our disbelief ("the little voice in our heads" that calls bullshit on these people!) before she begins her book peddling...

Perhaps but luckily we have George to guide us through, with incisive gems like this:

"What have you concluded about what this all is?"

Falkie2013

Quote from: tertiaryimam on December 12, 2013, 02:28:13 AM

This link:

1 World Trade Center Wailing in the Wind

I like those kinds of sounds.

Strange Sounds Coming From 1 World Trade Center, And Elsewhere...

ââ,¬Â¢ One World Trade Center Haunted ?? ââ,¬Â¢ 12/5/13 ââ,¬Â¢

If I ever win the lotto, I'm gonna pay you to come out here and show me how to do stuff, even if I have to ship you a new Mac for you to learn how. Mega Millions is now $400 million.

Hmm, could I start my own radio station with that less the 30% the Feds take out in initial taxes ?

KFAL radio. All paranormal, all the time. And no Noory or Crapnavoora either.

With voiceovers by Ross maybe Art and perhaps even RCH.

Hmm ...

" This is Dr. Doom, Ed Dames & YOU'RE listening to killshot radio  on KFAL, Paranormal radio on 666 on your radio dial ! And now back to the 'Burgh Zone with your hosts, Falkie and Tertiaryimam as they talk about haunted breweries. "

That would drive JC nuts. He could do our Sunday religion show since the FCC requires that sort of thing for community outreach.

:D

zeebo

I also sent him a copy of Spaceopoly

Dude you actually sent Hoagland Spaceopoly?  That's so friggin awesome.  I don't know why, but it is for some reason.  Haha, wow.  That just tickles me.

Tommy TwoTons

Quote from: zeebo on December 12, 2013, 02:31:36 AM
Perhaps but luckily we have George to guide us through, with incisive gems like this:

"What have you concluded about what this all is?"

Is that perhaps his rephrasing of "the one thing?"

I listened to the clip you & Falkie posted.  I don't know what causes it (maybe because it's built to move slightly with the wind?)I like those sounds, too.

Falkie2013

Quote from: zeebo on December 12, 2013, 02:35:46 AM
Dude you actually sent Hoagland Spaceopoly?  That's so friggin awesome.  I don't know why, but it is for some reason.  Haha, wow.  That just tickles me.

When I saw it in the Tony La Russa's ARF Thrift Store it was the first thing I thought of and I KNEW I had to send it to him.
It's damned expensive to send anything nowadays. Cost me $10 to send it to him. I'm sending some stuff to my Grandnephew Max at the end of the week and it will cost me $15.
Congrats to LaRussa for getting to the HOF. Class act.

Quote from: Falkie2013 on December 12, 2013, 02:41:20 AM
When I saw it in the Tony La Russa's ARF Thrift Store it was the first thing I thought of and I KNEW I had to send it to him.
It's damned expensive to send anything nowadays. Cost me $10 to send it to him. I'm sending some stuff to my Grandnephew Max at the end of the week and it will cost me $15.
Congrats to LaRussa for getting to the HOF. Class act.

LaRussa has a thrift store? I never knew that. I've been lucky enough to meet LaRussa a few times and I agree with you, nice guy.

Falkie2013

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on December 12, 2013, 02:47:05 AM
LaRussa has a thrift store? I never knew that. I've been lucky enough to meet LaRussa a few times and I agree with you, nice guy.

Never met him but would like to. He started the Animal Rescue Foundation. They have a no kill shelter and find homes for dogs, cats and other animals and the thrift store raises funds for it. We go in there a lot. I got my bread maker and rice cooker there each for 8 bucks and buy towels and blankets there as well.

Thanks to Imam. I got audacity to work finally because of the link. Now I will do my first podcast in the morning and post it.
;D

Rush Limbaugh's new cat Allie. She's a stinker but he loves her. He had to put down his previous cat.

:-[

Allie: The New Limbaugh Kitten

September 27, 2013

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: We got a new kitten.  We waited an appropriate amount of time.  We went out and got a new kitten, a new Abyssinian, a tawny.  And this little cat -- I'm going to have to send some pictures up to Koko over the weekend.  This little cat -- Punkin was an adult cat as a kitten.  It was the most amazing thing.  This little kitten is a kid.

This little kitten is like every kitten you've ever seen, just gets into everything.  No, I don't think I've got a kitten unlike everybody else's.  Everybody's got these same stories, but I mean this little kitten tries to find every wrong place to go, every dangerous place to hide, but it's the most affectionate little thing.

I've got some of the most amazing pictures of this thing sitting on the couch with us watching TV.  It's not actually what it's doing, but it looks like it.  We named her Allie.  But I'm telling you, she's most affectionate little thing.  Unlike most cats, she's not yet reached the aloof status, that will happen as she gets older, becomes a woman cat.  But right now, she is running me ragged, and the cat is mine.  I'm the only one who feeds the cat so that it bonds, but she loves Kathryn at the same time.  We've introduced one dog to her.  Well, two dogs.  The lead dog, Abbey, is not having it.  Abbey didn't care when another dog showed up.  This cat, it's another story.  Wellesley doesn't care.  She's totally clueless anyway.  She doesn't care about the cat being in the room.

So, anyway, they're late nights, and the cat is all over me in bed.  Just the most fun thing.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH:  Now, now, look. I've got a lot to do after the program today.  If I have time, before Koko leaves -- well, before Koko and the website staff leave for the day. They leave about 10 after three. No, I'm just kidding.  I'll try to get a couple of pictures of our new kitten up there to 'em.  But I've got beaucoup stuff I have to do, high-tech stuff I have to do after the program today.  But I'll try to get a couple up there.

END TRANSCRIPT

This Morning's Limbaugh Cat Crisis
December 09, 2013

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: I was just telling Mr. Snerdley I woke today to a crisis.  You know, I cannot sleep with my cochlear implant on, 'cause it won't stay on.  So I sleep entirely deaf with a series of alarms and lights and so forth should something necessitate -- (interruption) well, it's where I'm going. The cat supposedly helps out.  The cat just wants to be fed.  That's fine, that's cool.  Still a little kitten, what, about four months now, five months.  Anyway, the routine is, all I have to do is sit up and the cat is right there, no matter what, the cat is right there and demands to be fed, wants a little affection.

I sat up, no cat, no kitten.  Uh-oh, something is weird.

Now, the cat had tried to wake me up 5 a.m.  This is about I guess seven, 7:30.  So I'm looking around, there's no place to go.  There's no place to hide.  All the tunnels have been blocked off. All of the things that would allow her to get into crawl spaces and vents, they've all been blocked off.  There's no way she gets out. I thought, "Okay, did I sleepwalk?"  Did I open a cabinet in the bathroom that she then went in and I closed?  I started opening every cabinet door.  I looked under the bed. I looked under the sofa. I looked everywhere I could think of.  I went into my closet.  She's got a little place in a nook window there that she likes to sit behind one of the curtains.  I looked there.

Nothing.  No cat anywhere.

I went and opened a can of food, walked around the room "Here, Allie, come here."  No cat.  Well, maybe while I was asleep somebody came in and got the cat, took it down to see the dogs.  The dogs are coming home this morning from being away at The Fur Seasons.  So, I said, "Okay, there's gotta be some explanation for this.  I mean, there's no place for it to go."

So I jumped in the shower and I started getting ready, and normally the shower attracts the cat. This cat gets in the shower with me. She will walk in the shower, will not get wet -- it's a big shower -- and climbs up on the bench that's in there. It's steam, too, so there's a place to sit.  Anyway, none of that.  (interruption) Oh, yeah, she gets the paws wet.  The shower still drips and she is mesmerized by that, looks up like a turkey does when it rains. The water hits her on the head and she shakes her head trying to figure it all out.  It's funny. I mean, these are just lovable, funny things.

Anyway, nothing that attracts the cat attracted the cat.  But I'm still not panicking.  There's no place for the thing to be.  Somebody had to come in there and get it while I was asleep.  Kathryn had to come in and say hello to it or whatever.  So the last thing I did, as always, I put my implant on as I'm getting ready to walk out the door. I unhooked the phone from the charger and the iPad Mini with Retina display from the charger and the iPad Air from the charger and the second iPhone from the charger, everything, ready to go out the door.

And then I hear her meowing.  I said, "Oh-oh."  'Cause it sounded like a panic meow.

I realized she'd been meowing the whole time but I haven't been able to hear it because I haven't had my implant in.  So I start searching anew. I look around and I can't find the cat anywhere.  I look under the bed again. I start retracing steps. I open every cabinet I've previously opened.  You've been through this.
You know how this works.  Every place that you look, you look again. I can hear the cat. The cat's somewhere. There's nowhere to hide.

So finally I walked to the doors that lead out to the patio, just to get a wide angle view of the room, and, lo and behold, on top of the canopy on the bed.  Now, before you people start ripping into me for being out of touch for having a bed canopy, the bed canopy is there to stop the air-conditioning from giving us a cold every night.  It deflects the air. I don't have a canopy there because we think -- it's a functional thing.  Anyway, the cat's up on top of it and afraid to jump down.

So I'm saying, "Come on, Allie, come here."  (making meowing sounds)

She's looking at me and crying. "Come on, just jump! I don't want to have to go get a ladder.  Just jump!  It's not that far to the bed."  No, she just kept prowling around.  I didn't even stop to think, "How did she get up there?"  She had to climb the walls.  She had to climb the walls to get up there.  So, anyway, I had to go get a ladder, get the cat down.  And there was no appreciation.  She just ran straight to the food bowl and sat there and kept meowing, "Okay, where's breakfast?"

I just love these things, though.  I mean, it's an adventure.  (laughing) This cat's got more personality than any cat I've ever had.  I've only had three so it's not a big universe to choose from.  So, anyway, that's that.  It's always a great sense of relief, 'cause it was inexplicable.  I can't tell direction of sound.  I have no spatial recognition.  So I could hear the meow, but it didn't sound like it was above or below.  It was just somewhere.  So she's up there on the canopy looking at me like I'm the idiot.  And probably was.

Forget politics. Both the cat and Limbaugh are Steelers fans.
OK in my book !!!

tertiaryimam

Quote from: Falkie2013 on December 12, 2013, 02:53:48 AM
Never met him but would like to. He started the Animal Rescue Foundation. They have a no kill shelter and find homes for dogs, cats and other animals and the thrift store raises funds for it. We go in there a lot. I got my bread maker and rice cooker there each for 8 bucks and buy towels and blankets there as well.

Thanks to Imam. I got audacity to work finally because of the link. Now I will do my first podcast in the morning and post it.
;D

There's a cool function on Audacity to where you can reverse your speech, to see what you're really thinking.

It turns out I think a lot about meht etah I yhw dna kool sgorf llub diputs woh.

And record a very short clip of yourself speaking, then run it through the "Paulstretch" effect.  8)

Falkie2013

Quote from: tertiaryimam on December 12, 2013, 02:58:11 AM

There's a cool function on Audacity to where you can reverse your speech, to see what you're really thinking.

It turns out I think a lot about meht etah I yhw dna kool sgorf llub diputs woh.

And record a very short clip of yourself speaking, then run it through the "Paulstretch" effect.  8)

One thing at a time, please. It might explode my brain.
Its a pity the podcasting for dummies book is 5 years old. There is a newer one out which I will get as well. Always looking for more reference works to help me learn.
I still have my old windows 95 and palm books.

Did anyone notice $noory is now expecting to get another MILLION crapstream link listeners by the end of the year or 2014 ?
At only FIFTEEN SENSE a day too !
Amachzing !

I suspect that you reverse $noory's voice it will come out the same. Has anyone done that to him ? I know they did it to Art a long time ago.
I'd love to hear what O'buma sounds like.

" sey, eye ma a nayyek ".

Tommy TwoTons

Is that what it's like to drop acid?  I've always been too chickenshit to try it.

I'm going to need to take a Dramamine if you fuckers keep posting those pics :P