• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Super Bowl 2017

Started by Juan, February 04, 2017, 02:43:24 PM

Juan

I've been a Falcons fan since that first September 1, 1966 game against the Eagles in which the Falcons kicker missed the ball on the opening kickoff.  I watched Dave Hampton become the Falcon's first 1000 yard rusher, only to lose 6-yards on the next play and finish the season with 995-yards.  I saw fullback Art Malone and tight end Jim Mitchell get into a fist fight in the huddle.  The Falcons once lost consecutive games on blocked field goals being returned for touchdowns.

The Falcons are obviously setting us up for more disappointment.  I expect Brady to score at least 100-points in the biggest route in NFL history.

What say you about the big game?

Quote from: Juan on February 04, 2017, 02:43:24 PM
I've been a Falcons fan since that first September 1, 1966 game against the Eagles in which the Falcons kicker missed the ball on the opening kickoff.  I watched Dave Hampton become the Falcon's first 1000 yard rusher, only to lose 6-yards on the next play and finish the season with 995-yards.  I saw fullback Art Malone and tight end Jim Mitchell get into a fist fight in the huddle.  The Falcons once lost consecutive games on blocked field goals being returned for touchdowns.

The Falcons are obviously setting us up for more disappointment.  I expect Brady to score at least 100-points in the biggest route in NFL history.

I agree. Brady and the Patriots will bury the Falcons.

akwilly

Quote from: 21st Century Man on February 04, 2017, 02:47:12 PM
I agree. Brady and the Patriots will bury the Falcons.
if Brady does win it's usually by only 3 points. I believe the falcons have a chance to blow the pats out but then again I don't bet against Brady.

Dr. MD MD

I hope the cheating bastard loses.  :D

It's difficult to rationally bet against Tom Brady and the Patriots, but I think the Falcons as a team have the best chance vs. the Patriots than anyone before.

Falcons have solid chance at beating the Patriots and winning  a Superbowl.  Definitely 1st World problems.

Try being a Lions guy:

akwilly

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on February 04, 2017, 03:31:43 PM
Falcons have solid chance at beating the Patriots and winning  a Superbowl.  Definitely 1st World problems.

Try being a Lions guy:

oh man hahahaha

Juan

I hate fucking auto correct. Rout not route. If this iPad is going to correct my spelling, it should at least spell better than I.

whoozit

Quote from: StarrMountain® 2010 on February 04, 2017, 04:35:36 PM
When is the Super Bowel?
Eight to ten hours after Falkie eats a partially thawed, slightly cooked chicken.

ShayP

I truly believe the Falcons win this game.  I'm a life-long Steelers fan and never truly believed we could beat them this year.  That being said, I have more faith in the Falcons.  I think the Pats will be surprised by the speed of the Falcons defense and the mixed packages they will offer.  I like the O-line.  Matt Ryan will be considered an "elite" QB after this game.  My gut tells me this is a 3 point win for Atlanta.  I call it as 30-27.   ;)   Go Falcons!  :D

starrmtn001

Quote from: whoozit on February 04, 2017, 04:38:38 PM
Eight to ten hours after Falkie eats a partially thawed, slightly cooked chicken.
Butt, on a Sunday.  Right? ::)

Quote from: ShayP on February 04, 2017, 04:53:14 PM
I truly believe the Falcons win this game.  I'm a life-long Steelers fan and never truly believed we could beat them this year.  That being said, I have more faith in the Falcons.  I think the Pats will be surprised by the speed of the Falcons defense and the mixed packages they will offer.  I like the O-line.  Matt Ryan will be considered an "elite" QB after this game.  My gut tells me this is a 3 point win for Atlanta.  I call it as 30-27.   ;)   Go Falcons!  :D

Nope, Patriots will win and it will be something like 27-14.  I am going to a friend's place tomorrow to watch it and I have to wear red and black or I might end up being hanged on the nearest tree by my wife.  I do live in the ATL after all.  Secretly though, as I've always been an American Revolutionary War freak, my heart is with the Patriots.

ShayP

Quote from: 21st Century Man on February 04, 2017, 04:58:38 PM
I do live in the ATL after all.  Secretly though, as I've always been an American Revolutionary War freak, my heart is with the Patriots.

;D

Quote from: ShayP on February 04, 2017, 05:03:44 PM

;D

Falcons need to change their name to the Rebels then I might be persuaded to cheer for them. :D ;)

Rix Gins

I think that if the Patriots want it bad enough, then they will win.  But if they come in with a 'business as usual' attitude then they will loose.  I think it was the second or third game after Brady's return (can't remember the opposing team) but the Patriots came out all calm and collected, and kep't nodding to one another like they had things figured out, no problem...and they got their asses beat.  They are going to have to work hard for this one. 

starrmtn001

Quote from: 21st Century Man on February 04, 2017, 05:08:12 PM
Falcons need to change their name to the Rebels then I might be persuaded to cheer for them. :D ;)

Broncos aren't playing this year, so I flipped a coin.  Falcons won. ;) ;D

Ciardelo

I think we'll ALL be losers during the Lady Gaga half-time show! amiright? right?

Quote from: Rix Gins on February 04, 2017, 05:09:24 PM
I think that if the Patriots want it bad enough, then they will win.  But if they come in with a 'business as usual' attitude then they will loose.  I think it was the second or third game after Brady's return (can't remember the opposing team) but the Patriots came out all calm and collected, and kep't nodding to one another like they had things figured out, no problem...and they got their asses beat.  They are going to have to work hard for this one.

Brady will be itching to win what with the deflate-gate scandal <yawn> last year.  He's got something to prove.

starrmtn001

Quote from: Ciardelo on February 04, 2017, 05:12:14 PM
I think we'll ALL be losers during the Lady Gaga half-time show! amiright? right?
Who?  ???   ::)    ;D ;D ;D

^THIS^

I hope to god she doesn't make some stupid political statement.

ShayP

Yep.  Can't wait for whatever social or political statement she will make.  There will be one right?   ::)

Dr. MD MD

Probably.  :-\

It would be cool if someone had rigged up a Carrie-like scenario for her with pig's blood or something but then we'd all have to deal with her psychic wrath afterwards...I think it would still be worth it.  :D

zeebo

Quote from: ShayP on February 04, 2017, 05:14:42 PM
Yep.  Can't wait for whatever social or political statement she will make.  There will be one right?   ::)

Pretty much guaranteed.  Only thing interesting about it will be whatever she's wearing when she makes it.

albrecht

Quote from: 21st Century Man on February 04, 2017, 05:14:03 PM
^THIS^

I'm sure she will though it could be some part of the routine and maybe not outright speech?
Why the NFL choose these weird people as half-time entertainment? I'd rather see a frigging marching band or some cheerleader routine. But to choose such a crazy, political, weird, controversial person? Does someone like her appeal to normal Americans, especially those who like sports? Heck, bring back a drunk Hank Jr now that Obama is gone it would be ok!

Rix Gins

This belongs in the BellGab True Confessions thread, but I think Lady Gaga is kind of hot.

ShayP

Quote from: albrecht on February 04, 2017, 05:18:11 PM
I'm sure she will though it could be some part of the routine and maybe not outright speech?
Why the NFL choose these weird people as half-time entertainment? I'd rather see a frigging marching band or some cheerleader routine. But to choose such a crazy, political, weird, controversial person? Does someone like her appeal to normal Americans, especially those who like sports? Heck, bring back a drunk Hank Jr now that Obama is gone it would be ok!

Hell yeah bring back Hank!  ;D   Seriously, I don't care about a show at half-time.  I could care less.  I don't even care about the commercials.  It's all a platform where companies can make money.  :P

Zetaspeak

Quote from: 21st Century Man on February 04, 2017, 05:14:03 PM
^THIS^

Come on!  You'd love it if she showed Bush........ support.

I don't know Alb, Superbowl is already so over-the-top I don't mind an over-the-top act for it. For a big stadium like you probably need a lot of flash. I am certainly not in Gaga demo but I think that's the Nfl & networks idea, to have people watch who normally don't.

Oh yeah there's a game going on, I hope the Falcons win, but the Pats seem to be favorite. I am surprised they are only favored by 3