• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Google Hangouts (and such)

Started by Caruthers612, September 13, 2015, 03:36:05 PM

Caruthers612

Dear Sirs or Madams,

So lately I've been thinking of availing myself of this newfangled internet for social purposes, i.e. to find some like-minded folk and hang out with them, maybe even make some new fiends. I mean friends. Now I don't know whether Google Hangouts are the most popular method of doing so, or if more people use Skype or something else, but if any of you know anything about how to find groups of people interested in something you're into, and be part of live hangouts and such, I'd be grateful for some guidance. I was just over on the Hangouts site perusing it all and learned a few things, though not how to be alerted of upcoming hangouts.

I think Hangouts have a visual (Skype) option or straight text chat.  I know them through a book club only.  Give it a go... If it sucks, bail.  Can't have too many fiends!

Caruthers612

Quote from: West of the Rockies on September 25, 2015, 07:23:56 PM
I think Hangouts have a visual (Skype) option or straight text chat.  I know them through a book club only.  Give it a go... If it sucks, bail.  Can't have too many fiends!

Yeah. I was perusing Google+ today because I thought different groups there list their live events, but I couldn't find any. I'd like to meet a group of, let's say, guitar players, or, like you mentioned, a book club, but don't know where to look.