• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The old rage returns

Started by Jenny Haniver, November 14, 2008, 02:55:30 PM

Jenny Haniver

I remember when George Snoory first appeared on C2C as a replacement for Art on week nights.  I remember being disappointed with him as a host but thinking his apparent dim-wittedness and inability to speak english at times was due to nervousness about being handed this prime hosting gig.  He certainly had some big shoes to fill.  I decided to give him a chance.  He would surely improve given a little time to find his bearings...  I mean, wouldn't anyone?

He didn't.  I remember tuning in when he had guests on that I really liked...  and then only being able to stand about 30 minutes of Snoory's inane questions before I had to turn it off.  The last straw was when he had a guest on talking about native american spirituality and prophecy (I think anyway, this was years ago.  It wasn't Red Elk or any of the heavy hitters.).  The guest spoke in a monotone and was dull as dishwater. Snoory didn't even try to make this guy sound the least bit interesting. The guest droned on and on about 'malovent' spirits.  Malovent?  I suppose he meant malevolent but GN never called him on it.  Unfortunately 'malovent' was apparently this guest's favorite word.  i thought perhaps GN was too polite to say anything to him on the air and would give him a heads-up during the first commercial break, but no.  He was back with his malovents in the next segment and I had to turn my radio off before I smashed it into tiny bits with a hammer.  I never listened to Snoory again. 

I've been working on a project lately that has kept me up nights.  I needed something to listen to and I was thrilled to find some old Art Bell shows online. I have been curious about OBEs lately and I listened to all Art's shows I could find on the subject.  It was such fun listening to Art again and I felt like I actually learned something.  I came to the end of the AB OBE shows and I still had some late nights ahead of me...  so, God help me,  I went over to the dark side.

I listened to Snoors with William Buhlman, Robert Bruce, and all the usual suspects...  I knew the GN shows would suck but I thought I could handle it.  I should have known better.

GN is unable to engage in conversation with any guest.  He can only pepper them with questions that sound like they were written by a child.  There is no curiosity, no interest in the subject at hand and he barely seems to listen to anything any guest has to say.  Many times a guest will speak at length about something and when he has finished Snoory will ask him a question THAT HAS JUST BEEN ANSWERED.  Buhlman in particular began many of his replies (after a pause) with , "Again..." and proceeded to recap the info for poor dimwitted George.

I began to notice a pattern.  GN has a list of questions about OBEs that he uses again and again with EVERY guest he has on the topic.  I imagine this list is hand written in large printing with a #2 pencil on wide-lined notebook paper with the occasional letter reversed.  It is dog-eared and smuded with turmeric.  There are doodles of angels, portals and a naked Linda Moulton Howe in the margins.  I began to suspect that he asks these same questions to every guest IN THE SAME ORDER but I couldn't possibly listen to those shows again to make sure.  There isn't enough whiskey in this entire world....

I also managed to (barely) get through the GN with Carol Bowman about reincarnation.  I'm going to quote a post from Spikegirl from the 'George Noory Quotes from Vandeven' thread:

"From the mouths of morons:
Noory: "Has a child ever been reincarnated to the point where he was possesed, that they lost who the little kid might have been?"- from interview with Carol Bowman, April 7, 2008 about reincarnation

Later in the same interview:

Snoory: "When I was very young, Carol, and I'm talking 11, 12, or 13 years old, I believed in reincarnation and I'm gonna ask you a 2 fold question here. I believed in reincarnation and I also believed that we would continue to reincarnate until we reached perfection. Having been raised a Catholic, ah, you know I believe in the Heaven and hell theory. Don't know quite what they are, but I believed that perfection was heaven and I always did, at a younger age, and I kept saying to myself, OK you just keep coming back and each time you do, you get better and better and better. And I used to tell myself, I'd say "the mere fact George, little 12 year old, that you are even thinking about this tells me that you've reached a certain level that you may not be coming back much more."

Carol:"You wish George."

Snoory is an attention whore and continued to fish for compliments, however. A few minutes later in the interview he said: "How could a little 11 or 12 year old boy, even think about what I was thinking about?"

Carol: "Because it's true."

Sorry, George. No ass kissing for you that night."

This was so pathetic it was just beyond belief.  I had to rewind it to make sure he really said what he said.  His ignorance and arrogance is simply stunning!  George, you are a master of suckitude.  You are beyond sucking on a mere national radio show.  You're capable of so much more than that.  Leave the show immediately and start your own miserable crack-brained cult.  Take your idiot fanbase with you and move to a secret compound somewhere where you can have your ass kissed daily and we'll never have to hear your pathetic trainwreck of a radio show again.

Thanks for letting me vent.  :)  I've enjoyed reading this forum.  It's good to know I'm not the only 'creep' out there who CAN"T STAND Snoory.

Spikegirl

Welcome Jenny! It's great to have some new blood on the thread. Your story sounds a lot like mine. I hadn't heard Art host that many shows by the time I started to listen to Coast on a regular basis, so was happy with the Snoron in the beginning. Coast is on from 1 to 5 am, my time, so I didn't listen every single night, but would catch a few shows a month. After 3 years of making excuses for him and all his faults, I finally realized that he just sucks as a host, period. End of story. The more I listen to him mangle and hack his way through each show and sometimes good guests, the angrier I get. Sometimes it's a slow burn that gets set off with just the sound of his voice.

BTW, the 'creeps' are the ones who LIKE Noory.

Spikegirl

Quote from: Jenny Haniver on November 14, 2008, 02:55:30 PM

This was so pathetic it was just beyond belief.  I had to rewind it to make sure he really said what he said.  His ignorance and arrogance is simply stunning!

haha! I know the quote doesn't make sense when you read it, but those are George's own words. I had to wind my realplayer back a few times to catch all his words of 'wisdom'.

EvB

WELCOME!

Please come back and post often.

Frys Girl

Hi! Thanks for joining and testifying to the shiteousness of george snoory III

Hmm, well first off, welcome Jenny. I must say, after googling your name (because I found it so fascinating, I don't always do that), I discovered what it apparently means/is - and that is some awesome shit.

Secondly, I agree with you wholeheartedly on about everything you said. Noory's questions ARE annoyingly repetitive and childish. They lack depth, imagination, or direction 90% of the time. I also believe he is WAYYY delusional and fishes for complements constantly. (especially with certain ladies of the female persuasion....harhar). 

So, in closing, due to your apparent feelings - you're just the kind of wandering soul who belongs here. Welcome again. Feel free to call me whatever pleases you. Most use "PKA", but I'm partial to 'Cuntwaffle".  ;)

EvB

WELL!  Inspired by our "Cuntwaffle" I found a PICTURE of JENNY!

Quote from: EvB on November 14, 2008, 09:52:28 PM
WELL!  Inspired by our "Cuntwaffle" I found a PICTURE of JENNY!

Those are so cool!

EvB

QuoteBTW, the 'creeps' are the ones who LIKE Noory.                

Now-NOW- NOW, SpikeGirl!  Noory people aren't necessarily creeps.  The icky the ones who come here to be icky, cross what few lines we have - and generally make major bores of themselves.

Some of 'em do it cuz they like Noory, but it seems to me that the major offenders (who were few -- and gone) did cuz they just have the wrong screws loose.  People who blindly love Noory seem to hit-and-run. 

People who like Noory are welcome. 

Remeber the motto: We're ALL a bunch of creeps

eeesh - I started out trying to be funny - and failed I need JAVA!

BTW-- $ for your new Avatar.  I LIKE!

Spikegirl

Quote from: EvB on November 15, 2008, 08:59:11 AM
Now-NOW- NOW, SpikeGirl!  Noory people aren't necessarily creeps.

People who like Noory are welcome. 

Remeber the motto: We're ALL a bunch of creeps

BTW-- $ for your new Avatar.  I LIKE!

haha! OK, I stand corrected. Thanks about the new avatar!

Jenny Haniver

Thanks for the welcome, guys! 

I was surprised to see my picture here!  'Cuntwaffle' & Ev, you're pretty sharp.  :)  Most people don't think of googling my name.  I agree, those things are pretty awesome.  Maybe I'll get one for Xmas.

It's nice to know I can hate Snoory AND still be a creep.  :)

Snorty is about as spontaneous as a snail. Attention photoshop department.....

MV/Liberace!

welcome, jenny.

sorry, but it's hard for me to keep up with things around here.   better late than never, tho.

cheers.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: username on October 07, 2017, 12:30:24 AM
This was a fun read

it was.  i don't remember this thread at all.

...  The last straw was when he had a guest on talking about native american spirituality and prophecy (I think anyway, this was years ago.  It wasn't Red Elk or any of the heavy hitters...

Drunk Elk?  Can someone define ''heavy hitter''

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on October 07, 2017, 01:18:08 AM
Drunk Elk?  Can someone define ''heavy hitter''

Chief Dan George?
Floyd RedCrow Westerman?  ???

... This was so pathetic it was just beyond belief...

George was very angry when he first read this. 

Then he reclaimed the unkind words by choosing to use them as the name for his TV show.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on October 07, 2017, 01:43:27 AM
George was very angry when he first read this. 

Then he reclaimed the unkind words by choosing to use them as the name for his TV show.

Sounds like something he would do........... Proof is in the pudding.